Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigerian Artists Adress Germany. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artists Adress Germany. (2284 Views)

5 Nigerian Artists Who Take Lyrics For Granted / Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? / Nigerian Artists On Itunes: The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Artists Adress Germany. by Manta(m): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2006
Some of Nigerians most wanted hiphop & dancehall artists visited germany for a one week tour. The project was put together by out|here rec and funded by the Bundeszentrale fuer politische Bildung (a part of the educational board of the German government). The guests Eedris Abdulkareem & One Kilo, African China, Ruggedman, Rule Clean, Bantu and Modenine played 5 awesome shows in Germany. They were there not just to perform but also to visit schools in Munich, Berlin, Leipzig and Hamburg to give students a feel for what’s going on in Nigeria; giving them a street level youth perspective.

My point of concern is that, most of our artist sing about how bad Nigeria is. With guys like[b] Eedris[/b] in 'jagajaga', African China in 'Mr President' , 'Our Govt. bad' and[b] Modenine[/b] in '419 state of mind pts I & II' among the artists that addressed the German Students, I keep wondering -WHAT DID THEY TELL THE GERMANS ABOUT NAIJA?

Any one with an idea should pls post it.

Re: Nigerian Artists Adress Germany. by Manta(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2006
Could it be that Eedris performed 'Nigeria jagajaga' and African China performed 'Our Government Bad'?

Below are some of the images from the Tour.

(1) (Reply)

Tuface - For Instance: Certified Hit! / Listen To Lara Gorge's - Ijoba Orun / Modenine's "my Skin Is Black" To Be Played By Bbc On Obama's Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.