Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life (7498 Views)

How A Mammi Water Almost Ruined A UNILAG Student / The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / The Vaticans Colossal Wealth - They Started The Prosperity Gospel (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by PastorKun(m): 4:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
Degis:

Another atheist !. Another Child of perdition. This men are Godless. See your type in the scripture below

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. (2 Timothy 3:8 KJV)

So anyone that doesn't believe in your daft, fraudulent, manipulative false prosperity gospel that pollutes the true gospel is an atheist You must be completely brain dead.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2013
frosbel:

so says a member of the false , apostate, Babylonian church system !
Its not a crime to be an atheist. Its not a crime to deny God. As a matter of fact there is a freedom of concience and religion. Atheism is well protected under the UN chatter. An atheist should be 'proud' of his identity and not try to hide under a religion to propagate hatred.

As a matter for fact i dnt giv any church any dime, yet God is blessing and answerin my prayers. Dat does not mean i should declare war on churches cos i knw wat God is doing in pple's life in churches. For the fact that there are fake currencies does not mean that monies are no longer valid for transactions.

My guy u need to fully take up ur atheist identity and stop deceving pple dat u r a xtain. U r not.

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
true2god: Its not a crime to be an atheist. Its not a crime to deny God. As a matter of fact there is a freedom of concience and religion. Atheism is well protected under the UN chatter. An atheist should be 'proud' of his identity and not try to hide under a religion to propagate hatred.

As a matter for fact i dnt giv any church any dime, yet God is blessing and answerin my prayers. Dat does not mean i should declare war on churches cos i knw wat God is doing in pple's life in churches. For the fact that there are fake currencies does not mean that monies are no longer valid for transactions.

My guy u need to fully take up ur atheist identity and stop deceving pple dat u r a xtain. U r not.

Try and talk sense, stop this emotionalism, I expect more from you.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
true2god: That is if hes not presently an atheist, even a professed atheist (like logic boi)is not this crirtical to xtain values. I kinda think this guy is out there to destroy xtainity but he wont suceed.

Having followd his thread conciosly, this guy is fake. Never write anything to promote the body of christ but to destroy, always looking for loop-holes.

The bible called satan the accuser of the brethren.

but i know you very well with your lies.

when you cannot and does not know what the bible says how can you be the one to know who is fake?

Oh! You are angry since your means of making money is being attacked?

Why not go get a job then? At least at that point you will get more security with your finances and will not come crying when fraud stars are being criticised for being fraudulent.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2013
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why do you guys find it so had to accept that the fact that someone is passionate about refuting false doctrines in the church does not mean one is loosing his faith. It is a christian's duty to refute false doctrines in the church and I believe frosbel is doing a great job at that. Asides prosperity gospel is clearly a greed motivated false doctrine inspired by Satan himself so fighting this evil doctrines should seen as defending the true faith.

thank you Kunle.

Dont mind the fraud @true2god.

He is crying since he has an interest in the fraud it seems.

With all the prosperity gospel, Nigeria and it citizens should have been the richest country by now. Alas, they are the poorest removing war turn countries.

Remove crude oil Nigerians will starve since they dont create/design any thing tangible, So, when crude oil dries up, he will see what a fraud he has been.

With all the miracle preaching one would have expected this church members, some of them engineers to design things miraculously through their promise of a miracle and extortion, but no. It just west their brains.

The bible says that "wisdom is seen by it works",

we will soon see.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2013
true2god: Im not saying hes wrong. But someone will go out criticising anything xtainity without ever seeing any good thing being done by the xtain is mind-bugling. What Frosbel is telling most of us here is not new to many of us. I dnt think u hav taken time to go through most of the threads he created recently, u will understand me better.

There is wat we call 'a fifth columnist' whose responsibilty is to infiltrate a country or organization with a view of destroyin it, at the same time pretending to be loyal to their cause. Thats exactly where im goin to. Frosbel appear to me more of an atheist than a xtain hiding under the umbrella of xtainity. And dis is vry dangerous especially when a individual had a centrally skewed belief system.

I hav engaged many pple whose belief system i fully understand and whose points slightly vary mine. But when u dnt understand where an individual stands dat makes it more dangerous.

Logicboy is plain enogh to tell us that he is an atheist and any engagement with him will be easier since u already knw his opinion and stance on certain issues, but Frosbel seem to be an atheist who is biblically informed.

this ^^ is a deliberate attempt at defamation of character.

You should be ashamed.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2013
true2god: I dnt worship/protect any MOG. Jesus talkd about the wheat and the chaff dat always grow together in the field, but during harvest the wheats are harvested and the chaffs are gatherd togethr and burnt, since they are useless.

This parable illustrated by Jesus is typical of wats happening nau. Its quite true dat there are pple out there makin moni in the name of God (chaffs) while some are sincerley/fearfully leadin pple to God (wheats) and all of them are called MOGs (both the wheats and the chaffs). Cos u cant xpect anybody to be called 'a man of devil', even a herbalist.

So my point is dis, ur usual attempts @ painting all churches bad is not good. From church tithing topics to eternal torments topics, to fake miracle topics, to prosperity preaching topics, to speaking in toungue topics, to atheist who were once xtains and now ignore God topics (and frm ur responses on dat topic i could see a sense of hapiness and fulfilment in u for those pple who deny God) and a whole lot.

U see, no matter hw much u quote the bible dat does not refute the fact that u r indirectly drawin pple away frm the faith and u r making it difficult for pple dat never knw christ to further distance themselves away frm the gospel.

If u condemn do u make a better provision for pple to take or believe. Do u share positive testimony dat uplift pple's faith. The ansa is No!

While i believ that pple are so gullible and might hav been unduly taken advantage of by some supposedly MOGs, that does not give room for ur utter disregard for most pple dat God would hav given charge a large congreagation up to the point of using abusive languages occasionally.

And as i said again, u r slipping fast into atheism, that is if currently u r not one (go thru ur own thread; atheist: conversion and de-conversion experince)

U cannot expect perfection in a human organization, that will be loop-holes.

^^^ the last sentence.

So, "christinity" as you know it is a human organization?

Coming from you!

Then can you show us the MOG that is doing the work of God from this "man's organization"?

Are you not aware of the statement : know the truth and the truth will set you free"?

Frosbel is pointing out the fraud so as to set people free.

That ^^^ cant be a bad thing.

true2god:
U see, no matter hw much u quote the bible

coming from someone that will not quote the bible and cannot do it well it is not surprising.

Abeg, comot for road.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2013
Pastor Kun: @tru2god
Very daft submission angry

seconded.

The guy is a big time fraud.

It is annoying and pinching him since it will affect his finances.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 4:02pm On Jan 14, 2013
Degis:

Another atheist !. Another Child of perdition. This men are Godless. See your type in the scripture below

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. (2 Timothy 3:8 KJV)

can you point out which of the doctrine flying about that are truth and consistent with the bible Genesis to Revelation?

Please do am waiting.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
frosbel:

Try and talk sense, stop this emotionalism, I expect more from you.
Thank u sir.

But do us a favour on ur stance on bible doctrines.et us knw ur bible beliefs instead of standing by the corner condenming all dat seem not in tone for ur belief/grasp. Thats a characteristic of atheism.

Teach us ur versions of 'true' bible doctines so that we r not 'misled'.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:

but i know you very well with your lies.

when you cannot and does not know what the bible says how can you be the one to know who is fake?

Oh! You are angry since your means of making money is being attacked?

Why not go get a job then? At least at that point you will get more security with your finances and will not come crying when fraud stars are being criticised for being fraudulent.
Spend less time on nairaland. Thats my advise for now, no offence.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:

seconded.

The guy is a big time fraud.

It is annoying and pinching him since it will affect his finances.
I hav a nice job, i dnt run a church. I work in a finance house. Hope u get my point.

I thank God for dat, not boasting.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by debosky(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2013
See derailment. cheesy

As for the comments posted on the video, I find the second comment quite odd. Even if you give to a charity (not a church in this case) would you expect them to pay you back all you've given if you fall on hard times? Or do you now regard giving to the church as a savings/investment account? cheesy

The fact that TBN could not help with that individual's struggles is not an indicator of anything other than the individual's warped mentality.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I will endeavour to do so later today.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 3:04pm On Jan 15, 2013
true2god: Spend less time on nairaland. Thats my advise for now, no offence.

such ^^^ advice?
with people like you around?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Heavenly102: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
I do not see how they are doing a disservice to Christianity when they are making many rich
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Zikkyy(m): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:
Remove crude oil Nigerians will starve since they dont create/design any thing tangible, So, when crude oil dries up, he will see what a fraud he has been.

With all the miracle preaching one would have expected this church members, some of them engineers to design things miraculously through their promise of a miracle and extortion, but no. It just west their brains.

Lol! if you remove crude oil, church fit overflow. atheists will be visiting redeem camp every first Friday grin
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

Lol! if you remove crude oil, church fit overflow. atheists will be visiting redeem camp every first Friday grin

guy, people really have to start being focus on how to be creative right from when they are young and not hoping in "miracle" from infancy to school till.

The act of being creative comes with having active imagination and giving it full concentration and being focus.

The bible said we should go to the ant to learn industrouseness, the ant thinks ahead, being practical and not hoping for manna to fall from heaven.

The miracle gospel is a very serious problem and it is this same gospel that gives room for exploitation.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Zikkyy(m): 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:
guy, people really have to start being focus on how to be creative right from when they are young and not hoping in "miracle" from infancy to school till.

The act of being creative comes with having active imagination and giving it full concentration and being focus.

The bible said we should go to the ant to learn industrouseness, the ant thinks ahead, being practical and not hoping for manna to fall from heaven.

It is not really in our nature to be creative. We know there are exceptions, but not many of them. and it's not that we can't think (there are more people in the category of peeps blessed with the ability), i believe it's more of laziness.

for creativity to yield the desired result you need a conducive environment. am not so sure we have that.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by honeychild(f): 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2013
Heavenly102: I do not see how they are doing a disservice to Christianity when they are making many rich
The only people getting rich from the prosperity gospel are the pastorpreneurs who feed fat off the labour and sweat of their gullible sheep.

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
Heavenly102: I do not see how they are doing a disservice to Christianity when they are making many rich
Can you please explain this phenomenon properly.. How do Pastors make others Rich. and I don't mean church workers

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
honeychild:
The only people getting rich from the prosperity gospel are the pastorpreneurs who feed fat off the labour and sweat of their gullible sheep.

a situation were i am the one doing the sowing and another man does the reaping. .

Ok, i will reap in "heaven later" but he is reaping on earth here and now.(was it so with christ?)

Is it not the man doing the sowing that should be buying the private jet?

I thought it was "you will reap what you Sow" cry
lipsrsealed
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

It is not really in our nature to be creative. We know there are exceptions, but not many of them. and it's not that we can't think (there are more people in the category of peeps blessed with the ability), i believe it's more of laziness.

for creativity to yield the desired result you need a conducive environment. am not so sure we have that.

talking about kettle calling pot black"
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:
Can you please explain this phenomenon properly.. How do Pastors make others Rich. and I don't mean church workers

seriously, tell me you are not really expecting him to do that?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Zikkyy(m): 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
truthislight:

talking about kettle calling pot black"

Wetin concern kettle and pot for this matter na
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by truthislight: 1:16am On Jan 16, 2013
Zikkyy:

Wetin concern kettle and pot for this matter na

your leaders are a product of which society?

The followers are a product of which society.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by oiseworld: 8:55am On Jan 16, 2013
I also really don't know why all frosbels topics is about criticism for the gospel. Because I know it is not God's will for his people to be poor. So I see nothing wrong with men of God revealing Biblical secrets to wealth and prosperity. It has worked for many and will work for many more.

I'll also like to ask frosbel if he could name at least 3 present day men of God that he believes in. (Doing the job Gods way). they all can't be fake naw.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:13am On Jan 16, 2013
oiseworld: I also really don't know why all frosbels topics is about criticism for the gospel. Because I know it is not God's will for his people to be poor. So I see nothing wrong with men of God revealing Biblical secrets to wealth and prosperity. It has worked for many and will work for many more.

I'll also like to ask frosbel if he could name at least 3 present day men of God that he believes in. (Doing the job Gods way). they all can't be fake naw.

1: What Does the Gospel of Jesus Christ Preach (Remember Jesus cannot be working against his Father's will)
2: Should one focus on Prosperity to the detriment of Salvation (be mindful that you can lose either)
3: There are no Bible Secrets to Wealth and Prosperity. it is really that simple.. there are passages in the Bible that promise Blessings on certain conditions (which are clearly spelt out) Men of God have added their own conditions to acquiring Wealth other than what God prescribes.. so there you have it.

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by oiseworld: 10:40am On Jan 16, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

1: What Does the Gospel of Jesus Christ Preach (Remember Jesus cannot be working against his Father's will)
2: Should one focus on Prosperity to the detriment of Salvation (be mindful that you can lose either)
3: There are no Bible Secrets to Wealth and Prosperity. it is really that simple.. there are passages in the Bible that promise Blessings on certain conditions (which are clearly spelt out) Men of God have added their own conditions to acquiring Wealth other than what God prescribes.. so there you have it.

Now am getting a better picture to all this anti prosperity people, you just are inexperienced, and ha e not taken time to practice these teachings.
you say their are no secrets, what whole you say about this scripture.

Proverbs 11:24 One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.

How would you explain that it is in giving that you get wealth. Isn't that a secret revealed? Get to
understand the Bible before you start criticizing.

To your second ?.
you should not be one side in preaching the gospel, ok. But failure in one is failure in all. If the bible instructs us to give to get wealth then failure to do soo is a sin.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:30am On Jan 16, 2013
Please see my long-post below (sorry double-post)
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:31am On Jan 16, 2013
@oiseworld
You have confirmed my suspicions completely - You are a Prosperity Preaching Advocate/Supporter/Worker and Devotee CONGRATULATIONS.
One of the key traits of Prosperity Acolytes is their patent ability to quote scripture incompletely. doing so will invalidate whatever argument they are defending. They go further to accuse or guilt-trip you into thinking that you do not understand scripture and have thus sinned for not keeping to this simple instruction. Let me explain.

You quoted Proverbs 11:24 One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.

What the Bible says Proverbs 11:24-25 There is one who scatters, and yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, and yet it results only in want. The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered.

The Act of GIVING (A simple concept that needs no spiritual explanation or theological comprehension) is talking about Giving to the Poor. Tithing is a totally different matter OGA!! angry If I did not understand (study, meditate and keeps the word on my lips) I would not be an atheist today.

I shall go further (at the expense of my laid out assignments for today) to buttress this point with the following verses (also note that Prosperity Preachers always omit the completion of Scripture by excluding the parts in RED (as shown below)

Deuteronomy 15:10-11 Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. here will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your fellow Israelites who are poor and needy in your land.

Proverbs 3:27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it. Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back tomorrow and I’ll give it to you" when you already have it with you.

Proverbs 21:26 …the righteous gives and does not hold back.The sacrifice of an evil person is detestable, especially when it is offered with wrong motives

Proverbs 22:9 He who is generous will be blessed, for he gives some of his food to the poor.

Proverbs 28:27 He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.

Matthew 6:3-4 But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. (Please not Prosperity Preachers omit word in RED when they quote this verse)

Acts 20:35 In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.

2 Corinthians 9:6-8 Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed.

A good Majority of Christians do not Study their Bibles, they now have books published by their Pastors that summarizes, explains and confirms what GOD's will is for you. Reading the Bible is just a relaxing hobby these days.

How To Find Peace & Lasting Happiness. / Insight Into Michael Jackson's Earth Song / My Book Of Bible Stories.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84