Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life (7488 Views)

How A Mammi Water Almost Ruined A UNILAG Student / The Bankruptcy Of The Prosperity Gospel: An Exercise In Biblical And Theological / The Vaticans Colossal Wealth - They Started The Prosperity Gospel (2) (3) (4)

The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
Some comments from recovering sheeple.

EricaYE6 2 hours ago
I was giving faithfully (automatic payments right out of my account) to TBN. About 6 years later, I needed some help myself b/c I was about to lose the roof over my head. I called and asked them for some help. I first asked them for all the money I've ever given them back, but they said they couldn't. I told them my situation and instead of them offering me just $50 or $100, they told me to pray about it or ask a loved one. That's when I woke up, cancelling my "partnership" in the process.

James Smith 1 day ago
Thank you dear lady for your video. I have been in the WOF most of my adult life, not knowing I was in a den of wolves, but God has given me grace and forgave me. suddenly one day He delivered me from its snare, for no other reason than His love. I am now working to defend His scriptures against this horrible heresy and hopefully be a bulwark against this satanic lie. I repent every day for ever having believed this horrible theology that demeans our God and lifts man on high.

Joshua Ciresoli 5 days ago
You are dead on target with what I am seeing more and more in Christianity in regards to the "greed message" of the prosperity ponzi scheme. I am seeing more and more of these preachers pop out of the woodwork and less and less people concered about their not-so-subtle public statements about how it's all about man's lust for more stuff and less about loving Christ regardless of economic situations or anything else. I appreciate your sympathy and am looking forward to His return.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Heavenly102: 10:32am On Jan 11, 2013
How can u partner with a church and ask to get your money back, also just because u give does not mean u will receive you need an understanding of how to receive, it works for me, I don't know why it does not work for you.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Yooguyz: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2013
Mr frosbel, me thinks your obsession with pastors,giving e.t.c is kinda crossing the line. I honestly think you should spend some time renewing your mind and thoughts with God's word the bible
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2013
Yooguyz: Mr frosbel, me thinks your obsession with pastors,giving e.t.c is kinda crossing the line. I honestly think you should spend some time renewing your mind and thoughts with God's word the bible

Please Yook me. I have been trying but nobody has yooked me
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Areaboy2(m): 11:23am On Jan 11, 2013
Yooguyz: Mr frosbel, me thinks your obsession with pastors,giving e.t.c is kinda crossing the line. I honestly think you should spend some time renewing your mind and thoughts with God's word the bible

Dont stress yourself, he will end up an atheist grin grin grin

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by 2good(m): 11:47am On Jan 11, 2013
Area_boy:

Dont stress yourself, he will end up an atheist grin grin grin

Very true. He's currently in the transition stage and it's just a matter of time for him to see more fault with Christianity and the bible before calling it quit.

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2013
2good:

Very true. He's currently in the transition stage and it's just a matter of time for him to see more fault with Christianity and the bible before calling it quit.

some jokes and wishful thinking , lol.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by 2good(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
frosbel:

some jokes and wishful thinking , lol.

That is what they all say before they realize its a reality.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
2good:

That is what they all say before they realize its a reality.

at my age , if i don't know what I want , I must have wasted an entire lifetime grin
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by 2good(m): 12:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
frosbel:

at my age , if i don't know what I want , I must have wasted an entire lifetime grin

It is the same disbelieve that makes people want to cling on to religion even though they have seen many evidence to the contrary. It is best to accept reality, be a man and face your nightmares rather than pretending they don't exist because you have always been thought so from birth.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
^^

I am fully and unashamedly convinced beyond all reasonable doubt , that JESUS Christ is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE.

I have real experiences to go with it.

Btw, I will address your experiences you described in the other post , at some point this month.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by 2good(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
frosbel: ^^

I am fully and unashamedly convinced beyond all reasonable doubt , that JESUS Christ is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE.

I have real experiences to go with it.

Btw, I will address your experiences you described in the other post , at some point this month.

lol @ the bolded. No wahala all thesame.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Yooguyz: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Please Yook me. I have been trying but nobody has yooked me
excuse me, i dont understand what you mean?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by AtheistD(m): 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
I am all in favour of frosbels assault on these prosperity pastors and tithe robbers. They are a plague making ppls lives a misery without any end product. Just false hopes and dashed dreams.

The truth will soon come out. There will be a religious revolution soon and these pastors will be at the mercy of the baying crowd.

They can scream "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED" all they want but no one will listen and God will not save them either.

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 11, 2013

obession ?

Mate, I will expose even more, now that you told me.

Families, relationships and lives have been ruined because of this sorry state of affairs, and you want us to keep mute ?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 2:47am On Jan 12, 2013
That is if hes not presently an atheist, even a professed atheist (like logic boi)is not this crirtical to xtain values. I kinda think this guy is out there to destroy xtainity but he wont suceed.

Having followd his thread conciosly, this guy is fake. Never write anything to promote the body of christ but to destroy, always looking for loop-holes.

The bible called satan the accuser of the brethren.

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 2:58am On Jan 12, 2013
Atheist:-D:
I am all in favour of frosbels assault on these prosperity pastors and tithe robbers. They are a plague making ppls lives a misery without any end product. Just false hopes and dashed dreams.

The truth will soon come out. There will be a religious revolution soon and these pastors will be at the mercy of the baying crowd.

They can scream "TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED" all they want but no one will listen and God will not save them either.
Birds of a feather already flocking together. An open atheist openly acknowledging a view of an undeciding atheist.

We are watching.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by PastorKun(m): 7:16am On Jan 12, 2013
true2god: Birds of a feather already flocking together. An open atheist openly acknowledging a view of an undeciding atheist.

We are watching.

Why do you guys find it so had to accept that the fact that someone is passionate about refuting false doctrines in the church does not mean one is loosing his faith. It is a christian's duty to refute false doctrines in the church and I believe frosbel is doing a great job at that. Asides prosperity gospel is clearly a greed motivated false doctrine inspired by Satan himself so fighting this evil doctrines should seen as defending the true faith.

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by sylve11: 7:24am On Jan 12, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why do you guys find it so had to accept that the fact that someone is passionate about refuting false doctrines in the church does not mean one is loosing his faith. It is a christian's duty to refute false doctrines in the church and I believe frosbel is doing a great job at that. Asides prosperity gospel is clearly a greed motivated false doctrine inspired by Satan himself so fighting this evil doctrines should seen as defending the true faith.

Me self tire! cool
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by AtheistD(m): 8:08am On Jan 12, 2013
true2god: Birds of a feather already flocking together. An open atheist openly acknowledging a view of an undeciding atheist.

We are watching.

But he is right. These false pastors are doing a disservice to xtianity. Why cant you see that?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 12, 2013
Heavenly102: How can u partner with a church and ask to get your money back, also just because u give does not mean u will receive you need an understanding of how to receive, it works for me, I don't know why it does not work for you.

God is not a magic formular. He works all the time for all... there is not secret that is not revealed in the bible to us.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 9:28am On Jan 12, 2013
Atheist:-D:

But he is right. These false pastors are doing a disservice to xtianity. Why cant you see that?
Im not saying hes wrong. But someone will go out criticising anything xtainity without ever seeing any good thing being done by the xtain is mind-bugling. What Frosbel is telling most of us here is not new to many of us. I dnt think u hav taken time to go through most of the threads he created recently, u will understand me better.

There is wat we call 'a fifth columnist' whose responsibilty is to infiltrate a country or organization with a view of destroyin it, at the same time pretending to be loyal to their cause. Thats exactly where im goin to. Frosbel appear to me more of an atheist than a xtain hiding under the umbrella of xtainity. And dis is vry dangerous especially when a individual had a centrally skewed belief system.

I hav engaged many pple whose belief system i fully understand and whose points slightly vary mine. But when u dnt understand where an individual stands dat makes it more dangerous.

Logicboy is plain enogh to tell us that he is an atheist and any engagement with him will be easier since u already knw his opinion and stance on certain issues, but Frosbel seem to be an atheist who is biblically informed.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
^^^^^

Aha, you call me a fifth columnist when I am actually not a part of your false church system , and therefore not part of those who bring shame to the name and cause of GOD.

It is your numerous MOGs , that you and co worship , who have come in privately to spy on our freedom in Christ and subtly divide the sheep while scattering the flock with their damnable heresies and greed for gain.

There are many of these false teachers on Nairaland, they know themselves.

"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves." - 2 Peter 2:1

"In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping." - 2 Peter 2:3

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2013
true2god:

I hav engaged many pple whose belief system i fully understand and whose points slightly vary mine. But when u dnt understand where an individual stands dat makes it more dangerous.

Logicboy is plain enogh to tell us that he is an atheist and any engagement with him will be easier since u already knw his opinion and stance on certain issues, but Frosbel seem to be an atheist who is biblically informed.

So what you are saying is it matters who the messenger is MORE than the message. Are you part of a Belief System that knowingly propagates, perpetrates and sustains wrong-doing and is working to right this situation, however when a purposefully intent individual tries to expose the charade for what it truly is, you take offense because he is only exposing falsehood to make the propagators of such falsehood look bad.. hmmmn very slimy behavior wouldn't you agree. very Pharasee-like

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^^

Aha, you call me a fifth columnist when I am actually not a part of your false church system , and therefore not part of those who bring shame to the name and cause of GOD.

It is your numerous MOGs , that you and co worship , who have come in privately to spy on our freedom in Christ and subtly divide the sheep while scattering the flock with their damnable heresies and greed for gain.

There are many of these false teachers on Nairaland, they know themselves.

"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves." - 2 Peter 2:1

"In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping." - 2 Peter 2:3
I dnt worship/protect any MOG. Jesus talkd about the wheat and the chaff dat always grow together in the field, but during harvest the wheats are harvested and the chaffs are gatherd togethr and burnt, since they are useless.

This parable illustrated by Jesus is typical of wats happening nau. Its quite true dat there are pple out there makin moni in the name of God (chaffs) while some are sincerley/fearfully leadin pple to God (wheats) and all of them are called MOGs (both the wheats and the chaffs). Cos u cant xpect anybody to be called 'a man of devil', even a herbalist.

So my point is dis, ur usual attempts @ painting all churches bad is not good. From church tithing topics to eternal torments topics, to fake miracle topics, to prosperity preaching topics, to speaking in toungue topics, to atheist who were once xtains and now ignore God topics (and frm ur responses on dat topic i could see a sense of hapiness and fulfilment in u for those pple who deny God) and a whole lot.

U see, no matter hw much u quote the bible dat does not refute the fact that u r indirectly drawin pple away frm the faith and u r making it difficult for pple dat never knw christ to further distance themselves away frm the gospel.

If u condemn do u make a better provision for pple to take or believe. Do u share positive testimony dat uplift pple's faith. The ansa is No!

While i believ that pple are so gullible and might hav been unduly taken advantage of by some supposedly MOGs, that does not give room for ur utter disregard for most pple dat God would hav given charge a large congreagation up to the point of using abusive languages occasionally.

And as i said again, u r slipping fast into atheism, that is if currently u r not one (go thru ur own thread; atheist: conversion and de-conversion experince)

U cannot expect perfection in a human organization, that will be loop-holes.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by honeychild(f): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2013
true2god: I

So my point is dis, ur usual attempts @ painting all churches bad is not good. From church tithing topics to eternal torments topics, to fake miracle topics, to prosperity preaching topics, to speaking in toungue topics, to atheist who were once xtains and now ignore God topics (and frm ur responses on dat topic i could see a sense of hapiness and fulfilment in u for those pple who deny God) and a whole lot.

Haha!! na wa for some of us and the way we reason o.
If you went through the atheist deconversion topic you will find that it is the existence of these false and UNBIBLICAL teachings in Christianity (which Frosbel has been valiantly trying to refute) that has turned a lot of the atheists into what they are today.

Your prosperity preachers who go about making false promises which God did not make....when people get tired of waiting for a prosperity filled and problem free life...they turn into atheists.

Frosbel my brother do not get tired...more grease to your elbow.

Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by true2god: 1:10am On Jan 13, 2013
honeychild:
Haha!! na wa for some of us and the way we reason o.
If you went through the atheist deconversion topic you will find that it is the existence of these false and UNBIBLICAL teachings in Christianity (which Frosbel has been valiantly trying to refute) that has turned a lot of the atheists into what they are today.

Your prosperity preachers who go about making false promises which God did not make....when people get tired of waiting for a prosperity filled and problem free life...they turn into atheists.

Frosbel my brother do not get tired...more grease to your elbow.

Frosbel is not foolish cos he fully understands his vision and mission. I said and i repeat that Frosbel is an atheist parading himself a xtain.

He is gradually exposing himself and his mission on NL. Even if he quotes the bible from genesis to revelation that wont change my forensic analysis of his threads and comments. Its unfortunate pple do not realize him on time, but time has come to expose all enemies of christ and the word of God parading themselves as 'xtain defenders' but in actual sense are doing the work of their master, the devil.

While evryman is entitled to his opinion, u dnt need to be a fifth columnist to drive home ur points in this era. The time of esponiage is almost gone cos pple and countries are wiser and they r easily identified this days. I dnt need a microscope to see that frosbel is an atheist, i can read bw the lines.

He can keep postin more anti-xtain threads in the name of 'exposing evil', shaming pastors, shaming xtains, refuting the word of God, but this will not deter pple frm serving God or going to churches on sunday. He will only fail cos hes not the first 'anti-xtain' crusader i hav seen and we knw hw God manage dem in due course.

I dnt endorse any MOG, neither do i worship any but only God. But u need to respect any sincere MOG cos not all are bad as portrayed by Frosbel, hence wilfully attemptin to turn pple away frm God.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by PastorKun(m): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2013
^^^
Very daft submission angry
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Degis(m): 11:53am On Jan 13, 2013
Pastor Kun: ^^^
Very daft submission angry

Another atheist !. Another Child of perdition. This men are Godless. See your type in the scripture below

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. (2 Timothy 3:8 KJV)
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
Degis:

Another atheist !. Another Child of perdition. This men are Godless. See your type in the scripture below

Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. (2 Timothy 3:8 KJV)

so says a member of the false , apostate, Babylonian church system !
Re: The Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
Degis:

You actually mean those false teachers and prophets masquerading as MOG and WOG in the pulpits , deceiving people and building kingdoms for themselves.

You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) / What Does God Command About Restitution And Reconciliation? / The Fire Of Hell: Fact Or Fiction? Conclusion: Fact!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68