Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Effect Of Water-salt Solution On "Stooling" - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Effect Of Water-salt Solution On "Stooling" (2776 Views)

FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie / Salt Therapy For Ebola- Dangerous Rumour / Does Andrew's Liver Salt Prevent Pregnancy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effect Of Water-salt Solution On "Stooling" by funshybam(m): 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
pls, does drinking Water-salt solution have effect on "STOOLING"?

Need quick answers
Re: Effect Of Water-salt Solution On "Stooling" by dominique(f): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
I don't think so. Tetracyclin and/or flagyl are still better options.
Re: Effect Of Water-salt Solution On "Stooling" by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
If u are having diarrhoea that results in excessive watery stool it is caused by bacteria and protozoa microbes,its treated with antibiotics .the reason for taking salty water is to replace mineral ions sodium and chloride which have been excessively lost during frequent stooling.

1 Like

Re: Effect Of Water-salt Solution On "Stooling" by Enigmatiq: 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
Medical experts might advocate antibiotics like flagyl, but i've noticed that the sugar salt solution works for me. It totally stops the stooling. Different strokes for different folks, i guess.
Re: Effect Of Water-salt Solution On "Stooling" by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
Emzybrown: If u are having diarrhoea that results in excessive watery stool it is caused by bacteria and protozoa microbes,its treated with antibiotics .the reason for taking salty water is to replace mineral ions sodium and chloride which have been excessively lost during frequent stooling.
very true. In addition, water,to replenish the lost fluid.

@Op
Most of the diarrhoea cases are caused by virus. And usually these viruses have no therapeutic drug for them. They are allowed to run their natural course but the effects they creat need to be taken care of. That necessitated the salt sugar solution or ORS (Oral rehydration solution). Antibiotics are only necessary when there's possibility of bacteria super infection or when bacteria is the initial cause. Hope you know how to make the solution?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Cries Out After Dick Enlargement Charm Leaves Him With Massive Dick / Penile Varicose Vein And What You Need To Know / "Enviromental Problems And Issue Of Concern In Northern Nigeria" By Baba Ali Mu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.