Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up (11501 Views)

Pictures Of Bugatti Veyron Made Of Gold Owned By Flo Rida / List the Cars you Have Owned and Post a Photo of your Current Car / Names of Cars You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 23, 2013
yungboss:
is the toyota crown a RWD? Iguess it is...i saw one last night on my way home. It was a newer model, but not the same as the one in you pic. It was like the 90s lexus LS400...
yup, its still RWD! It has remained true to its roots. The japanese are fond of keeping the good stuff for their own domestic market...
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by yungboss(m): 10:34am On Feb 23, 2013
platinumricky: yup, its still RWD! It has remained true to its roots. The japanese are fond of keeping the good stuff for their own domestic market...
this is as true as salvation!
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by noobsaibot2(m): 11:39am On Feb 23, 2013
MITSUBISHI GALANT VR-4, MITSUBISHI PAJERO SPORT, MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO... AND NOW, MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO X grin grin grin
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by ba7man(m): 11:41am On Feb 23, 2013
ZACHIE: i am surprised none of you guys had the pleasure to dream and salivate over owning a CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON
CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON CITREON
The only car with a mind of its own. When she sits, she sinks into herself, deep. and when she rises, she does so with great elegance and finesse...oh my Citreon!
Lol!!!...My dad had one while i was growing up and my memory of the car was it sat on its belly for about 2 years immobile due to lack of parts to fix it.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by amacastel: 1:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
My dream car den is flat boot mercedes 230e straight engine funny enuf dts my 1st car I even drives it up til nw

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
yungboss: hi everyone,
i just want to know...what car(s) did you wish to own or drive in your growing up years?

The cars that caught my eyes and wished i had were these:
Mercedes W123 aka regular, 126 aka concord and Morris (lol). I used to always see one and i liked the uncommon look and the 'morris' tag on the hood of the car!
Chei u remaid me something VOVOL 240 because of the sand.Then in PORTHARCOURT my sister husband was having it,whenever he start it wao it feels good to hear the sand.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by DonDiara(m): 2:12pm On Feb 23, 2013
In the mid 90s, Toyota Celica, red color.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by lukaino(m): 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
Growing up, i loved the 505 sx and m benz 200 regular. Still love them
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Ninilowo(m): 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
Armour Personnel Carrier (APC) o fine gaaann !!!!
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by azpekuliar: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
platinumricky:
Technically, that's incorrect. The crown is the flagship of the toyota brand (it even had a V12 option @ a certain time in its production history), and the camry was launched as a rival to the honda accord. These are newer generations, unfortunately, they are only available in Right Hand Drive (RHD).
The first pic is of the 2012-present day model while the 2nd is of its immediate predecessor (08 to mid-2012). The crown is still popular in Asia.

Well at least its non- technically correct then... grin
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by sultaan(m): 8:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I do own 4.7l limited Edition.

Next should be a Caddy.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Hayoola1(m): 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
B grin grin grin grin benz 230E
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 24, 2013
dayokanu: When I was young I wanted Santana cos that was the big boy car then

Later Honda Baby boy, I saw Cadillac Escalade EXT in a mag around 2000 and I started dreaming about it

And you didnt get any of them?
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Ikenna351(m): 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
My dream car while growing up was either Peugeot series II 505 GTI or V6. Even while still growing up, I would ask any Peugeot mechanic which would be better between the two. They would tell me to stay away from both and go for 505 with XN1 engine, which was in my dad's 504 GL i was using then. I ignored them, anyway.

When i could afford using internet, i went online and started browsing on the GTI & V6: the reliability, durability and more importantly, the performance. While at it, i started to meet owners and previous owners of the two versions of the 505: GTI & V6. I asked and got all i needed to know about the 2 cars from them.

When i had the resources to own a car in my name and make my dreams come true, i went for the stick 505 V6. Every moment i spent in the car since the day I bought her, she would always do what would make me thank God for making such a ride my dream car and making the dream a reality.

Ikenna.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by azpekuliar: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
^^^ Well I would have been surprised if it was any other car really. You're already an authority on Peugeot in this forum. smiley

Offtopic: Please tell us what happened to Oluwalogbon Motors.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by yungboss(m): 4:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ikenna351: My dream car while growing up was either Peugeot series II 505 GTI or V6. Even while still growing up, I would ask any Peugeot mechanic which would be better between the two. They would tell me to stay away from both and go for 505 with XN1 engine, which was in my dad's 504 GL i was using then. I ignored them, anyway.

When i could afford using internet, i went online and started browsing on the GTI & V6: the reliability, durability and more importantly, the performance. While at it, i started to meet owners and previous owners of the two versions of the 505: GTI & V6. I asked and got all i needed to know about the 2 cars from them.

When i had the resources to own a car in my name and make my dreams come true, i went for the stick 505 V6. Every moment i spent in the car since the day I bought her, she would always do what would make me thank God for making such a ride my dream car and making the dream a reality.

Ikenna.
what can be more fulfilling than this...driving your dream car,
mine was a little deviation. I dreamt of those Mercs (w123 and 126), but as soon as the era was changing, those cars became outdated in my 'eyes', but it didn't take the love for the marque away, i ended up owning a c class...so it was a partial fulfillment of my dream.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 2:32am On Feb 25, 2013
I wanted to own the Mercedes Benz Shagari model. I still haven't crossed it off of my bucket list yet in spite of many different Benz that has graced the stable. I will have to correct that soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures of Buses Commissioned For Delta State / Rover! Rover! Rover! / Shoe Or Foot Driving Which One Is The Best ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.