Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up (11496 Views)

Pictures Of Bugatti Veyron Made Of Gold Owned By Flo Rida / List the Cars you Have Owned and Post a Photo of your Current Car / Names of Cars You Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
A Bugatti Veyron. (I am still growing up) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Afam4eva(m): 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
In the 90s i liked Jetta and Daewoo Racer while in the new millenium, i wanted to own a Bora and it's twin(can't remember the name now).
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by YoungGame: 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
ba7man: I used to go through my dad's car mags and dream of owning the Ferrari F-40 or the Lamborgini Countach ( They both had big rear spoilers that got me weak in the knees ). I'll then start wondering why my dad bought a Volvo estate and a Honda quintet instead of those wonders on wheels.
Brother Joseph the dreamer, keep dreaming grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Wallie(m): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
MB SL500...the car that started it all! Around 1990, I attended a car show in Lagos that had the car on display. I'm going to go test drive one this weekend but I'm afraid of owning a 20 year old luxury car that will cost a fortune to fix.

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by yungboss(m): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
what made me love the benz 123 was this, my dad told me that anytime i was in the car with him, in his 504 GR. I wouldn't let any car overtake him...if it happened, i'l begin to cry and he would do all he could to overtake the car...but with the mercedes, it was always a hard nut...the s280 'concord' and the ones nigerians have nicknamed 'regular'...so i began to develop interest in those cars...
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nightshift(m): 9:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
Afam4eva: In the 90s i liked Jetta and Daewoo Racer while in the new millenium, i wanted to own a Bora and it's twin(can't remember the name now).
Daewoo Racer was the first Korean 'Akpati' used in confusing Nigerians to drink more sugared Coca-Cola, Pepsi and 7Up. And it worked....

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by FindOut(m): 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
Several cars o.lol. No be today wey me & my bro begin dey love cars. I can remember seeing some cars pass by & just wishing they belonged to my parents.

Those that stand out tho:

- Honda Accord 1990 -1993 model (Honda Halla) : Loved this car soooo much but the folks never bought it sad I guess it shouldnt be surprising that I transferred that love to its much advanced look-alike grandson; the 98-2002 Accord (Babyboy). Up until last year, I'll probably still choose a Babyboy over a Honda EOD anyday. Just give me an EX trim with manual transmission, I'm good to go smiley But now, I think I'll prefer the EOD EX with manual tranny

- Toyota Previa : Seriously, the designer of that minivan came from the future. That ride is one beautiful piece of Japanese engineering that came way before its time. Still got 'respect love' for that ride till now, however, 'ownership love' has been transferred to the first generation Sienna. I love that minivan dieee. Again, just hand me the keys to a 2002 XLE Sienna & I'm alright. Acceleration, the V6 'music', external & internal aesthetics, ON POINT!!!

- W124 MBenz V-Boot : How can I not mention this ride? Especially when at some point, a good number of my dad's friends had one (Old man still no buy o.lol). won't mind owning that car ( a clean 6 cylinder) one day even if for a while just to.....well, own & drive it grin
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by igbsam(m): 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
cecegorz:
Sir,
It looks like you are usually drunk more times than when you are clear, because all these your epistles didn't address the topic at all.
Now, wash your face with pepper soup, then re-read the topic before commenting. Lol
For me back in school, I was fascinated with the dimunitive Corolla hatch back nicknamed 'FirstLady'. I loved the compact size.
Oh...........chai. Wrong thread
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by muther4bms(m): 9:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
Av jst lovd......TOYOTA CAMRY *muscle*
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by steffans(m): 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
I Loved Halla Like Mad....
But my first car was and is a Honda Baby Boy....and dat Car Runs Like Mad....Still use it till tmrw....

Baby boy is d most Solid Honda car after Honda 86...

Hoping 2 upgrade to a Toyota Muscle/bluetooh 2008 Camry!
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by adingo: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
Dawoo razer...the one 7up gave for their promo back then

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
190 and regular.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by yungboss(m): 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
Wallie: MB SL500...the car that started it all! Around 1990, I attended a car show in Lagos that had the car on display. I'm going to go test drive one this weekend but I'm afraid of owning a 20 year old luxury car that will cost a fortune to fix.
wallieeee! I feel u. I liked almost all the benzes as i was getting older...16yrs, 17yrs etc. A friend of mine, a bmw die-hard, told me he got an e500 for me, which made me excited, already negotiating for it only to discover it was a cl600 or so...you know those '96 S class coupe, V12. The ride was superb, with those beautiful looks. Just like you, i was skeptical about proper maintenance and parts availability of that regale. The interior is something to behold...
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by sKeetz(m): 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by ekwerendi(m): 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2013
cardilac Benz
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by mygee33(m): 9:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
prayed for SANTANA...the fastest car on earth
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by sKeetz(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
The LAMBOURGINI SESTO ELEMENTO...looking at just the pix sends chills to my spines embarassed.Am still growing so more are still to come grin

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by FindOut(m): 10:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
steffans: I Loved Halla Like Mad....
But my first car was and is a Honda Baby Boy....and dat Car Runs Like Mad....Still use it till tmrw....

Baby boy is d most Solid Honda car after Honda 86...

Hoping 2 upgrade to a Toyota Muscle/bluetooh 2008 Camry!

Seriously bro. The acceleration that comes from that car & the EOD, even from the 4 cylinder versions, is wonderful, especially when you are driving the manual tranny. The auto is also quite impressive too. & despite the swiftness, the cars (especially the babyboy) still consume little fuel.

But if I wish to get a car for constant highway driving (even if its our rubbish Lagos Ibadan expressway), mehn, i'm going german straight cheesy I always feel especially wow-ed anytime I drive a friend's V6 Passat manual tranny (1999 model o, not 2013). You won't get up to that thrill even when driving a 2007 V6 Accord. You may get more acceleration (maybe), but the Passat will be a smoother ride.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by oniwo(m): 10:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
Nightshift: VW Santana - Lawrence Anini and Monday Osunbor gave it a near James Bond image car during their terror years of 1985/86 in Benin City. It was a speedster then and terrified Nigerian Police like hell....

During that time 1985 my father bought his own Volkswagen Santana brand new at a rate of #45000 only in volkswagen company Lagos. The funny thing about it is that when he brought the car to our compound everybody ran inside and shut the door including my mum.

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by MrPaul2: 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
oh i fell for bugatti and bentley 2014 model
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Bigboy100: 10:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
Mine was the Mercedes Benz S600 nick named 'Beast' in the nineties, that car was a driver's paradise. But now my fantasy is the ''Rolls Royce Ghost ''.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by oniwo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2013
Find Out!:

Seriously bro. The acceleration that comes from that car & the EOD, even from the 4 cylinder versions, is wonderful, especially when you are driving the manual tranny. The auto is also quite impressive too. & despite the swiftness, the cars (especially the babyboy) still consume little fuel.

But if I wish to get a car for constant highway driving (even if its our rubbish Lagos Ibadan expressway), mehn, i'm going german straight cheesy I always feel especially wow-ed anytime I drive a friend's V6 Passat manual tranny (1999 model o, not 2013). You won't get up to that thrill even when driving a 2007 V6 Accord. You may get more acceleration (maybe), but the Passat will be a smoother ride.

Try Toyota Tundra 2004 model grin grin
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by FindOut(m): 10:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
oniwo:

Try Toyota Tundra 2004 model grin grin

Lol!!! Those V8 monsters are on a class of their own. Very crazy machines I tell ya. Till date, the fastest car, sorry, vehicle, I've been in is a 2001 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4.6litre V8. The speedo is allegedly supposed to max out at 180, but we were on 170km/hr (I wasnt driving) & the engine was soo quiet at 140km, rpm was low (till the badt guy driver accelerated & I heard a sound similiar to a race car-I'm not kidding- & next thing, speedo was on 170 & still threatenin to go further till Bros eased the throttle) & there we were coasting away on the ultra smooth Eleko - Lekki Free trade zone road. As it was like the engine was saying ''is that all you can offer, abeg, when you are ready to put me to work, lemme kno. Lazy drivers'' grin
Those things dey RUN & you'll be there thinking '' can this big heavy trucks speed?''. Lol

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Nightshift(m): 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
oniwo:

During that time 1985 my father bought his own Volkswagen Santana brand new at a rate of #45000 only in volkswagen company Lagos. The funny thing about it is that when he brought the car to our compound everybody ran inside and shut the door including my mum.
They probably thought Anini and Osunbor had arrived town! Stories of Nigerian policemen running for their lives wherever they sight a white Santana was popular. I no blame your family members sha, even then Bendel military Gov. Useni, was rumoured to be scared of Anini's gang.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by mbhs139(m): 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
ajufinz: 504 SR
Then 505 Evolution...

at the 504SR, that car made many people ran mad in my village. then, they will go and do money ritual just to own 504SR. and when it back fires, they start singing 504 Series II all over the town.

But for me, my best car still remains TOYOTA CROWN.

I think you should know my age with that

1 Like

Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by dayotheone(m): 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2013
the car i wish for as never been manufactured
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Bigboy100: 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
Wallie: MB SL500...the car that started it all! Around 1990, I attended a car show in Lagos that had the car on display. I'm going to go test drive one this weekend but I'm afraid of owning a 20 year old luxury car that will cost a fortune to fix.
What a sexy ride ! Will still acquire one for my leisure soon. Still a moster on the road .
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by mbhs139(m): 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
There is this lecturer in my school (unilag, maths dept), he owns 6 Mercedes Benz: Two Benz Jeep, but different colours; two S500 with different colours and another two different kind of V-Boot.
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by Bigboy100: 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
mbhs139:

at the 504SR, that car made many people ran mad in my village. then, they will go and do money ritual just to own 504SR. and when it back fires, they start singing 504 Series II all over the town.

But for me, my best car still remains TOYOTA CROWN.

I think you should know my age with that
Oga, why you use your age buy Volkswagen Beetle ? Since na by age . Age is nothing but a matter of years. Just make history in life b4 you go, that's the basic duty of mankind .
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by yungboss(m): 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
oniwo:

lol, u meant this for real?
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by oniwo(m): 10:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
Nightshift: They probably thought Anini and Osunbor had arrived town! Stories of Nigerian policemen running for their lives wherever they sight a white Santana was popular. I no blame your family members sha, even then Bendel military Gov. Useni, was rumoured to be scared of Anini's gang.

It wasn't benin but Asaba @ cable point grin
Re: Cars You Wished You Owned While Growing-up by oniwo(m): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2013
yungboss:
lol, u meant this for real?

That incident took place at cable junction Asaba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"The BEAST" President Obama's Official Car / Pictures of Buses Commissioned For Delta State / Rover! Rover! Rover!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.