Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice (629 Views)

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Drupal 7 Webmasters! Please Answer Only This One Question / Please.... Review this site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by itsabdul(m): 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2013
Webmasters in the house or any order person should please review this site for me, and tell me its defects!
http://foodsanddiseases.com
Tanx
Re: Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by mrsmithkay(m): 11:15am On Feb 03, 2013
anytime you want to design a website always use hand coding not a template or
any other web building software because it bring about defects of any kind

the color combination is good but u need to work on the css and html aspect very well!!!
Re: Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by yawatide(f): 11:30am On Feb 03, 2013
@mrsmithkay
Even your body is a template so I don't personally see anything wrong in using one. Perhaps the terms of agreement for the template says OP can't take out the notification? I've dealt with such templates before. Depending on the client a template, paid or free, can come in handy, depending on client's budget, what they want to accomplish and time constraints as well as the knowledgebase of both the client and the developer.

The important thing is that the client is happy with the work and that the developer not only take a template as-is but at least attempt to make certain changes to it, not only as a test of understanding but for the future as well.
Re: Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2013
Why is the header and logo linked to your index file?
I don't think it's proper.
Make only the logo a link.
Re: Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by GraphicsPlus(m): 12:22pm On Feb 03, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
@mrsmithkay
Even your body is a template so I don't personally see anything wrong in using one. Perhaps the terms of agreement for the template says OP can't take out the notification? I've dealt with such templates before. Depending on the client a template, paid or free, can come in handy, depending on client's budget, what they want to accomplish and time constraints as well as the knowledgebase of both the client and the developer.

The important thing is that the client is happy with the work and that the developer not only take a template as-is but at least attempt to make certain changes to it, not only as a test of understanding but for the future as well.

Yaah. I got your point, but pls try html/css hand-coding most times. It gives you control of your work.
Re: Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by yawatide(f): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2013
^^^ I take it you understand that if you make any modification to the template of any kind, that that qualifies as hand coding, right? Perhaps what you should have said it endeavor to code hand code from scratch? Now, that I am fully in support of cool
Re: Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by itsabdul(m): 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2013
olryt, u guys are going deeper, just a newbie
Re: Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by mrkels(m): 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
I have seen finer templates bro...check out some high definition tech blogs powered by wordpress, the themes are super seo optimised and they are more appealing to the eyes.
Re: Webmasters, Please Review This Site For Me. I Nid Advice by itsabdul(m): 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2013
mrkels: I have seen finer templates bro...check out some high definition tech blogs powered by wordpress, the themes are super seo optimised and they are more appealing to the eyes.
you know the reason why i chose d present one is bcuz its mobile friendly. some themes dont look good when viewed through a mobile. but you can recommend a good one for me

(1) (Reply)

US Government Tells Computer Users To Disable Java / Pls I Need A Very Good Webmaster / HELP With Joomla Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.