Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members (1988 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by vikeb(m): 5:53am On Jan 07, 2013
I have been having series of arguement with ♍y wife as she @ the slightest of opportunity speaks ill of ♍y Dad nd family members.This started after her Dad and mine had some heated arguements over some issues as we prepared for our traditional marriage which took place two months back.Am from the western part of the country while she is from the east.Please,I need advice on Ђ☺w to handle this issue cos as i get very pissed each time she makes such statements. -̶̶•-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸ŤђαϞĸ Ɣõú•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 07, 2013
Simple, start being the head of your home. Tell her to let your dad and her dad handlle their differences and let her not interfer because when they settle and they will she will be left looking like a fool.
Tell her you respect her family and so will not accept any disrespect to yours.
Don't keep quiet and "ignore" her as people normally advice in such situations because if she builds this into an attitude it is going to be a long hard ride.

It will graduate from talking bad about them to acting bad to them when they come to visit, let her stop it now, after all she didn't have a disagreement with them did she?
Congrats on your wedding and best wishes

What you will not endure in 30 years don't endure for one minute

5 Likes

Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 07, 2013
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by plaetton: 6:25am On Jan 07, 2013
vikeb: I have been having series of arguement with ♍y wife as she @ the slightest of opportunity speaks ill of ♍y Dad nd family members.This started after her Dad and mine had some heated arguements over some issues as we prepared for our traditional marriage which took place two months back.Am from the western part of the country while she is from the east.Please,I need advice on Ђ☺w to handle this issue cos as i get very pissed each time she makes such statements. -̶̶•-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸ŤђαϞĸ Ɣõú•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶

Only two months and your wife has already lost respect for you?. Disrespect for your parents is the highest form of disrespect your spouse can show you. I am sorry to tell you mate, you are going to have a very rough and humiliating life with this woman.
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 07, 2013
@ poster why didn't you settle all this ugly dramas before going ahead to marry.you should have settled it to a logical conclusion and everyone made to know their boundaries before marriage.no one likes or appreciates any of his or her family members to be disrespected.there is still time now to correct this anomaly.make her realise that whatever goes on between them is none of her buisness and even if she has to intrude into the matter,she should find ways of settling the rift instead of taking sides.i am not married though but a virtous woman seeks to ensure peace everywhere she is and not fuel it by talking ill of her father inlaw.what of if she starts having kids and they start hearing what their mother is saying about their grandpa during an arguement,dont you know they will start forming perceptions about their grand ad and whatever they hear their mother call their grand dad,that is what they will believe,accept and grow up with except you convince them otherwise and that will be tough since kids have a way of naturally believing whatever their mom says.mr man bring order into your home,as both of you have a stakew in it and will both be affected if anything goes wrong
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 07, 2013
plaetton:

Only two months and your wife has already lost respect for you?. Disrespect for your parents is the highest form of disrespect your spouse can show you. I am sorry to tell you mate, you are going to have a very rough and humiliating life with this woman.
there is still time for change,nothing is permanent except change.the earlier he nips this disrespect for inlaws in the bud,the better for both of them
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Afam4eva(m): 6:44am On Jan 07, 2013
IMO, this is one reason not to go ahead with the wedding. When a lady shows you her color like this, you should thank God for that and run as far as your legs can take you. Any woman who despite not been married to you yet, goes ahead to speak ill of your father, she's not fit to be your wife. Only God knows what she'll do when she's finally married to you.
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 07, 2013
The truth is, she has no respect for u as a man.. And if she as no respect for you, then she wud have no respect for your family.. The point is, are u really financially in control? If you're not then that's the point.. Cuz she's giving biscuits and u want her to respect u and ur family?
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by obicentlis: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2013
Do your homework very well or you will regret your marriage.
Settle your two families or Nightmares go be ya second name. Don't take sides. Firstly, start from ya wife. Its well bro. Isn't easy for Ezikeil!!!!
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Okijajuju1(m): 11:55am On Jan 07, 2013
vikeb: I have been having series of arguement with ♍y wife as she @ the slightest of opportunity speaks ill of ♍y Dad nd family members.This started after her Dad and mine had some heated arguements over some issues as we prepared for our traditional marriage which took place two months back.Am from the western part of the country while she is from the east.Please,I need advice on Ђ☺w to handle this issue cos as i get very pissed each time she makes such statements. -̶̶•-̶̶•̸Ϟ•̸ŤђαϞĸ Ɣõú•̸Ϟ•̸-̶̶

HMMMM!!!!

Where in the East is she from?!
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by coogar: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2013

dump the heifer.....
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Okijajuju1(m): 12:02pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

dump the heifer.....

Wait o!!

What if his family members are truly fucktards like she says/?! Is it an offence to speak the truth?!
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by coogar: 12:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Okija_juju:

Wait o!!
What if his family members are truly fucktards like she says/?! Is it an offence to speak the truth?!

she's not in the position to say shyte about her in-laws. where's the respect if a woman insults your parents? abeg, the union is doomed!
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by infodollarman(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
this can breakup your marriage if you don't handle it properly now. let her understand that it is boyh of you that are in a relationship. she has left her parents and family and is now with you and your family. she is now part of your family. the sooner she accepts that the better for her. they can make life miserable for. let your parents settle their differences by themselves. she is not the one to do that.
chaircover: Just remind her that her kids that she is going to give birth to and will love so much will share 12.5 percent genes with your own father that she is badmouthing all the time, and so she is effectively bad mouthing her own kids

. . . . . and when she points one finger, 4 fingers point back at her . . . .period!

On a serious note, start as you mean to go on, so you had better nip all this in the bud now before it gets out of hand. Tell her that whatever it is is between the 2 fathers and does not concern you two and any further insults from her will be taken personally.
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by infodollarman(m): 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
this can breakup your marriage if you don't handle it properly now. let her understand that it is boyh of you that are in a relationship. she has left her parents and family and is now with you and your family. she is now part of your family. the sooner she accepts that the better for her. they can make life miserable for. let your parents settle their differences by themselves. she is not the one to do that.
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by biolabee(m): 1:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
op tell us more
what exactly did she say
U may be unduly senstitive or feel she should not have said such
Did she confide in you or she broadcasted it to the whole world

Calm down
At times, when things go south we look for others to blame
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Gambrosia: 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
After only 2 months of marriage.
Coming from the West or East has absolutely nothing to do with this equation. . . .
You will have to learn how to communicate effectively WITHOUT disrespecting yourselves! kiss

WELCOME TO MARRIAGE-001!!! kiss
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
Disrespecting my parents is the beginning of the end.

I would rather she disrespect me than my parents. You cant claim to respect me and disrespect what I hold in high esteem. Infact The wedding shouldnt have gone ahead.

Atimes it might be difference in culture. Some cultures dont mind a little "Shut up mom" , " I freaking hate you mom" etc but before marriage to her you should communicate that your own parents wont be disrespected under any circumstance

Honestly at this point the marriage should be re-evaluated. I suppose you dont have any kids yet
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2013

I need a little bit more details
What exactly happened between your dad and hers,this may help the readers know exactly what the problem is so they can advise you better.
The first few years of marriage can be rough but if you keep at it with a determination to make it work,you eventually strike a good balance .
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Bisjosh(f): 3:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
Abeg no advice for you..............when you saw other tribes that have respect for elders , you go the one wey no dey get.
As you lay your bed, so shall you lie on it

Abeg park well make I see road jor!!!!!!!!!

Regards kiss
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Gambrosia: 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
Awon 'slide-TAKO'! grin

MU CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by greatgod2012(f): 4:36am On Jan 09, 2013
dayokanu: Disrespecting my parents is the beginning of the end.

I would rather she disrespect me than my parents. You cant claim to respect me and disrespect what I hold in high esteem. Infact The wedding shouldnt have gone ahead.

Atimes it might be difference in culture. Some cultures dont mind a little "Shut up mom" , " I freaking hate you mom" etc but before marriage to her you should communicate that your own parents wont be disrespected under any circumstance

Honestly at this point the marriage should be re-evaluated. I suppose you dont have any kids yet

exactly what i have in mind, i wont allow anybody, i mean "anybody" disrespect my mum....... Noo, not while im still alive.
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 09, 2013
LMAO
Bisjosh: Abeg no advice for you..............when you saw other tribes that have respect for elders , you go the one wey no dey get.
As you lay your bed, so shall you lie on it

Abeg park well make I see road jor!!!!!!!!!

Regards kiss
Re: She Keeps Criticizing My Parents Nd Family Members by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 09, 2013
What kind of rubbish is this. Your wife has no respect for you or your family. Are you eran riro? Insulting her baba oko, iyawo e ma laya o. Can she try that in front of her in-laws?
If you are Yoruba, its better you teach your wife the importance of respect in our culture, if not she is in for a long ride.
Ask her if she can talk about her dad the way she talks about yours. Your father has become her father and she has to understand what that means.

(1) (Reply)

Did I Marry A Man Or A Boy? / Ohio Teenager Found After Kidnap For Sex Slavery / How Do You Explain This Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.