Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (47931 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 10:14am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Since it became CL Madrid has won more than Man Utd. Old format Madrid beats Man Utd, New format Madrid beats man utd

Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo all played for Madrid and won WPOTY tell us the top players that played for Man Utd
ok agree but not fully, u just mentiond F, Z, and Ronaldo can u pls tell me any player that has come out of their Academy and went on to win the champs league but i can name a bus full of united Academy players that went on to win a treble and a club world cup.. All dis my frend madrid has never don and they will never.. And going bak in history, if not for The Munich air disaster that occurred during the time madrid won all dis ur 9 champs league u come on here to spoun about, during dat time my frend manutd had the finest sets of players ever playd the Game calld soccer manage by the great sir Matt Busby.. And George Best my frend is way beter than all ur galaticos put together. and many more.. GGMU

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 10:43am On Jan 08, 2013
merengue:

Were you born stupid? Name one great player from Man United.
as a manutd fan i dont cours ok.. and can name just one player greater than All ur Galaticos past and present put together. the greatest player ever pleyd the game calld soccer say it with me George BEST the best player ever leave.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 10:45am On Jan 08, 2013
montelik:

This is the same thing they did when denying Sneidjer and Henry. Honestly I wish they would separate the Ballon Dor from WPOTY, at least it would give more variety and opinions. FIFA's WPOTY award for me is too open to politics and campaigning for me.
Denied? Sneijder wasn't even awarded Serie A best player in 2010, are you aware?
Diego Milito bagged both the best foreign player award and the best player award in 2010.

Milito was more instrumental to Inter that season than Sneijder.

In the world cup, Diego Forlan emerged player of the tournament.
So why the noise about Sneijder? He wasnt exceptional.

Do not say things just because others say it. Let facts and stats speak.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by phermonyx(m): 10:49am On Jan 08, 2013
mukina2: Fifa is stupid abeg angry

Do Ʊ knw anything about football at all? FIFA dont chose d world best footballer, coaches and captains of clubs and national teams do plus representatives frm media frm memeber countries. You can actually get d list of who voted for who, its nt a secret system of voting and dnt ask me for d link, use google.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 08, 2013
Makasamson: dose u mentioned got wat dey had den cos dey were playin 4 d current best team and dats wat messi is doin nw

They played in the best teams, but they weren't brought up in the team. Da lima wasn't brought up in barca, zidane wasn't brought up in Juve or Madrid, so was raul, del piero etc.
Messi has been in barca since he was a kid.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by topkuma(m): 10:54am On Jan 08, 2013
meesi does not deserve it,ronaldo should have been given,he won the laliga and score 60 goal,even in 2010 when snierder deserve it thy didnt give it to he.the award dont have intergity again,drogba who won the champ league/fa cup was ad score in both final was not name among fifpro.Bleep up fifa lipsrsealed
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tunalism(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Thats why players playing Spain NT has won back to back titles(Euro cup and world cup) and England hasnt won anything since Barack Obama was in diapers
U b mugu, is usa in europe. Go back to ur geography teacher in secondary school
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by topkuma(m): 11:07am On Jan 08, 2013
fifa normally maniculate the vote even is voted by coaches and captains.Bleep :Pfifa,c7 dey carry go u are still the best tongue
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 11:13am On Jan 08, 2013
topkuma: fifa normally maniculate the vote even is voted by coaches and captains.Bleep :Pfifa,c7 dey carry go u are still the best tongue
Maniculate. Rotflmao
guy your english no be here o grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Kassidy90(m): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2013
Fifa has no credibility, imagine no pirlo, van persie, mario gomez in fifa xi pro, Scam!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by mukoloAndy(m): 12:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
[/quote][quote author=Oahray] three things:

(1) You are not a Barca fan, stop lying.

(2) Messi was better than Ronaldo in everything, from goals to assists to completed passes.

(3) Ronaldo won the league cos Madrid was better than Barca last season, not because Ronaldo played better or was even as good as Messi.
Madrid had Benzema and Higuain who scored more than 20 goals each, and Ozil whohad the highest assist in Laliga. The league was team success.

Individually, Messi had the better season. The stats confirm this, and the football experts who voted endorsed it.

U have spoken well (unbiased); #words of 1 dat watches n understands how football honours are given. #respect.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by mukoloAndy(m): 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
[/quote][quote author=Oahray] Maniculate. Rotflmao
guy your english no be here o grin

Dude studied Nuclear english i guess grin

Nuclear english; d act of hitting ppl off balance wit words from ur mouth. grin #no offence

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
merengue: Too many idiots on this thread. If you feel Messi needs to leave Barcelona to prove himself, tell SAF, Casillas, Totti, Giggs, Terry, Scholes and co to also go prove themselves elsewhere. Also tell your fathers to go bang some other chicks and get them pregnant, after all, they have proven themselves worthy by getting your mothers pregnant and begetting you dummies.

Don't be a phucking nit-wit

We r taLking abt d best, dose pLayers u mentioned above, hau many times av dey carried d balLon D'or, d pLayers u mentioned are even midfieLders, except casilLas, is Messi a midfieLder? MidfieLders are LikeLy 2 shine anywhere in d worLd, e.g beckham, aLonso, siLva, toure. RonaLdo has pLayed 4 Lisbon, man-u, and nau 4 madrid, hez stilL d main man, dats 2 telL u he is realLy good, he can adapt 2 any system of pLay, I doubt if Messi can adapt 2 d system of pLay in any oda cLub outside spain. Watch messi wen he pLays 4 argentina and when he pLays 4 barca, u'lL know wah I'm taLking abt
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tellwsdom: 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
[size=21pt]‎# I shall not b ronaldo in messi's generation"[/size]
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
logica: If this, if that. Blah blah blah. Deal with the realities. Ronaldo de Lima's era is gone. Ronaldinho's era is gone. This is Messi's era. Each of those Greats briefly had their era overlap; but they each dominated their era. Only de Lima had to contend with Zizou (Zidane).
Messi's era lacks top talent compared to Zidane's era, if we had those kind of talents now, especially if they played in a simple "tiki-taka" football style like messi currently does, messi won't have nothin on them.
Mind you, da lima had to contend with the likes thierry Henry, shevchenko, ronaldinho, zidane, lampard, ballack, gerrard etc
logica:
Each of them had elements that built them up. de Lima was built up by playing Beach Football. That built up his stamina and pace. That's why the world had never seen a player dribble while running so fast.

Ronaldinho got his skills from playing Futsal from a tender age. That built up his close ball control and ability to use confined spaces. That's why you see him wriggle free from seemingly tight spaces when cramped by defenders.
Both de Lima and Ronaldinho were lucky to be in the same great Brazilian team that won the WC in 2002. That team of course also had the great Rivaldo! It would've been sacrilege if that team didn't win the WC. Teams win trophies, not individuals. By the way, de Lima's other "win" was in 1994 when he spent the entire tournament on the bench! How dare de Lima step on the pitch with the likes of Romario Farias controlling affairs!

They were all lucky one way or the other too; just like Messi.

You don't get my point. If messi didn't grow in the barca system, he wouldn't have been this great. If another club, say arsenal, had bought him from the youth team like they did to fabregas, he would've been just another good footballer. However, due to the fact that he remained at the club, was injected with growth hormones, grew in the system with discipline and professionalism, perfected his goal scoring skills etc he became exceptional due to these factors, which wouldn't have been if he weren't at the club.
The same thing happened to thierry Henry.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tomakint: 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
topkuma: meesi does not deserve it,ronaldo should have been given,he won the laliga and score 60 goal,even in 2010 when snierder deserve it thy didnt give it to he.the award dont have intergity again,drogba who won the champ league/fa cup was ad score in both final was not name among fifpro.Bleep up fifa lipsrsealed
Even though I don't agree with 98% of ur arguments, I think u made a sacrosanct point on the Drogba case,truly 'the Drog' deserves to b in d FifPro selection, you are right
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Oahray:
Sneijder was in an inter team that performed excellently from attack to defence. Google his stats (passes, assists and whatever else a midfielder is supposed to do) for that season, compare with his team mates both in country and club, and judge for yourself.

Xavi was in a Barca and Spanish team performed excellently from attack to defence, but he was in the final three contenders for the Ballon D'Or in 2010, while sneijder wasn't.
Tell me exactly what Xavi did in 2010 aside winning the world cup that sneijder didn't do?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by BodyKiss(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
shanktang: 10 of the players came from just two clubs and and all the 11 came from the spanish la liga who says the spanish ligue is not the best in the world, even if these two top teams had been in the premiership who says they will not dominate

You're just a fanboy ranting all around NL. Try and visit other sports sites to see what good sports analysts have to say about the FIFPro XI. La Liga and EPL are not the only league in Europe.

The FIFPro XI just showed how f.u.ck.ed up fifa's credibility is.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
Oahray: Denied? Sneijder wasn't even awarded Serie A best player in 2010, are you aware?
Diego Milito bagged both the best foreign player award and the best player award in 2010.

Milito was more instrumental to Inter that season than Sneijder.

In the world cup, Diego Forlan emerged player of the tournament.
So why the noise about Sneijder? He wasnt exceptional.

Do not say things just because others say it. Let facts and stats speak.

sneijder was the best player in 2009/10 season....he won the treble and single-handedly took holland to the final of the world cup. his goals and contribution that season is unparalleled. however, messi would always appeal to the romantics. messi's story is the modern cinderella story. a boy that was told would not make it in football because of his growth hormones and later went on to become planet's best player. his background is much better than ronaldo's - ronaldo is the arrogant twit, he's handsome, makes loads of money - who would vote for such?

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by merengue: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
davida222: as a manutd fan i dont cours ok.. and can name just one player greater than All ur Galaticos past and present put together. the greatest player ever pleyd the game calld soccer say it with me George BEST the best player ever leave.

George Who? Now I know you type with a bra covering your eyes, that would explain this idiocy you just spewed.

Iker Casillas
Raul Gonzalez Blanco
Luis Figo
ZinedineZidane
Alfredo Di Stefano
Ferenc Puskas
Hugo Sanchez
Cristiano Ronaldo

Need I go on?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by merengue: 1:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
dopeJemi:

Don't be a phucking nit-wit

We r taLking abt d best, dose pLayers u mentioned above, hau many times av dey carried d balLon D'or, d pLayers u mentioned are even midfieLders, except casilLas, is Messi a midfieLder? MidfieLders are LikeLy 2 shine anywhere in d worLd, e.g beckham, aLonso, siLva, toure. RonaLdo has pLayed 4 Lisbon, man-u, and nau 4 madrid, hez stilL d main man, dats 2 telL u he is realLy good, he can adapt 2 any system of pLay, I doubt if Messi can adapt 2 d system of pLay in any oda cLub outside spain. Watch messi wen he pLays 4 argentina and when he pLays 4 barca, u'lL know wah I'm taLking abt

You are as dumb as you are stupid. So what scientific formula did you use in concluding that only midfielders succeed in different clubs; your pastor's prophecies right? So Van Nistelrooy and Falcao are midfielders right? Lilian Thuram, Samuel Eto 'O', Kanu Nwankwo and others too numerous to mention. Mumu is your username, dumbass is your password. Enjoy your trophy, you have earned it!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by merengue: 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
davida222: ok agree but not fully, u just mentiond F, Z, and Ronaldo can u pls tell me any player that has come out of their Academy and went on to win the champs league but i can name a bus full of united Academy players that went on to win a treble and a club world cup.. All dis my frend madrid has never don and they will never.. And going bak in history, if not for The Munich air disaster that occurred during the time madrid won all dis ur 9 champs league u come on here to spoun about, during dat time my frend manutd had the finest sets of players ever playd the Game calld soccer manage by the great sir Matt Busby.. And George Best my frend is way beter than all ur galaticos put together. and many more.. GGMU

O boy, go sit down on a lighted gas cooker and put some petrol in your mouth. George Best is not fit to lick the boots of "ordinary" Iker Casillas.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

sneijder was the best player in 2009/10 season....he won the treble and single-handedly took holland to the final of the world cup. his goals and contribution that season is unparalleled. however, messi would always appeal to the romantics. messi's story is the modern cinderella story. a boy that was told would not make it in football because of his growth hormones and later went on to become planet's best player. his background is much better than ronaldo's - ronaldo is the arrogant twit, he's handsome, makes loads of money - who would vote for such?
I'd overlook your attempt to appeal to emotion, and the statement about Sneijder 'single-handedly' taking Holland to the final. No real football fan who knows football would say that about anybody.
Did you also mention unparalleled goals and contribution that season? He was not even Inter's best player that season.

I have 3 questions for you, don't be afraid to google it and post the answers here.

(1) Who was awarded the best player in the 2009/2010 UEFA Champions League tournament?

(2) Who was awarded the best Serie A player of the 2009/2010 season?

(3) Who won the Golden ball of the 2010 worldcup tournament?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by topkuma(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
let messi leave barcelona,and play for another club and let him come and score 82 goals in a season,let see how he do that.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by topkuma(m): 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2013
CR7,the biggest boy in football.to much money
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
merengue:

You are as dumb as you are stupid. So what scientific formula did you use in concluding that only midfielders succeed in different clubs; your pastor's prophecies right? So Van Nistelrooy and Falcao are midfielders right? Lilian Thuram, Samuel Eto 'O', Kanu Nwankwo and others too numerous to mention. Mumu is your username, dumbass is your password. Enjoy your trophy, you have earned it!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

FaLcao Left engLand 2 shine in spain abi, where did he start his career, has he Left? don't be a fooL

Van Left engLand 2 shine in spain 2 abi, don't be a person

Eto 'O' shined at inter Like he did in barca abi, don't be daft

Kanu pLayed in engLand 4 many seasons n he shined, is he stilL in engLand, r u hearing his name, don't be stupeed

ALonso left liverpooL 2 shine. In spain(D.midfieLder)
Beckham left man-u 2 reaL, he shined(midfieLder)
SiLva left valencia 2 man city, hez shining(MidfieLder)

Mehn! I'm done wiv u. I'm out
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dmcdad: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Tinynita: i knw he deserves it..bt its kinda boring naw

So what would you have suggested? They give it to Ronaldo so it won't be boring, right? C'mon! This award is for the best player and not some sentimental award.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dmcdad: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
Oahray: three things:

(1) You are not a Barca fan, stop lying.

(2) Messi was better than Ronaldo in everything, from goals to assists to completed passes.

(3) Ronaldo won the league cos Madrid was better than Barca last season, not because Ronaldo played better or was even as good as Messi.
Madrid had Benzema and Higuain who scored more than 20 goals each, and Ozil whohad the highest assist in Laliga. The league was team success.

Individually, Messi had the better season. The stats confirm this, and the football experts who voted endorsed it.

Gbam!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by merengue: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
davida222: ok agree but not fully, u just mentiond F, Z, and Ronaldo can u pls tell me any player that has come out of their Academy and went on to win the champs league but i can name a bus full of united Academy players that went on to win a treble and a club world cup.. All dis my frend madrid has never don and they will never.. And going bak in history, if not for The Munich air disaster that occurred during the time madrid won all dis ur 9 champs league u come on here to spoun about, during dat time my frend manutd had the finest sets of players ever playd the Game calld soccer manage by the great sir Matt Busby.. And George Best my frend is way beter than all ur galaticos put together. and many more.. GGMU

The criteria you come up with is so funny. In the early years of the European Cup, 90% of players were home grown and given Real's dominance of that era, it easily flogs Man U. Now lets limit it to the period between 2000-2012 (Two UCLs each). These are players who made U.C.L appearances only. I assume we can also add academy players who have won it elsewhere as well within this period.

REAL MADRID

2001/2002 U.C.L Squad had 12 homegrown players http://www.worldfootball.net/team_einsaetze/real-madrid/champions-league-2001-2002/

1999/2000 U.C.L squad had 10 homegrown players http://www.worldfootball.net/team_einsaetze/real-madrid/champions-league-1999-2000/

Juan Mata (Chelsea 2012)

TOTAL = 23

MANCHESTER UNITED

1998/1999 U.C.L Squad had 8 homegrown players http://www.worldfootball.net/team_einsaetze/manchester-united/champions-league-1998-1999/

2007/2008 U.C.L Squad had 9 homegrown players http://www.worldfootball.net/team_einsaetze/manchester-united/champions-league-2007-2008/

TOTAL = 17

So even based your own flawed criteria, Man United sucks Real Madrid's nuts. Now be a good little boy, apologize and go play with Momma's breasts okay? E.O.D!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by tomakint: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
topkuma: let messi leave barcelona,and play for another club and let him come and score 82 goals in a season,let see how he do that.
'topkuma' I just liked your handle! Sorry, which part of Planet Mars are you residing? ...and do not forget to drop ur hotline I might give you a call cool
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by merengue: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
dopeJemi:

FaLcao Left engLand 2 shine in spain abi, where did he start his career, has he Left? don't be a fooL

Van Left engLand 2 shine in spain 2 abi, don't be a person

Eto 'O' shined at inter Like he did in barca abi, don't be daft

Kanu pLayed in engLand 4 many seasons n he shined, is he stilL in engLand, r u hearing his name, don't be stupeed

ALonso left liverpooL 2 shine. In spain(D.midfieLder)
Beckham left man-u 2 reaL, he shined(midfieLder)
SiLva left valencia 2 man city, hez shining(MidfieLder)

Your idiocy is saddening, I feel for your parents sha. Ruud won the Golden Boot in 3 countries (Holland, England and Spain) so how is he a failure? Eto won a treble at Inter Milan, how is that a failure? Kanu won things at Ajax in Holland and Inter in Italy, how is he a one club wonder? Alonso won the UCL in Liverpool dummy.

Mehn! I'm done wiv u. I'm out

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (2 - 0) On 28th September 2021 / Chelsea vs Liverpool - ( 0 - 2) On 20th September 2020 / Manchester United VS Derby County: Carabao Cup (7 - 8 On Pens : 25-09-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.