Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (49937 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by merengue: 3:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
dopeJemi:

FaLcao Left engLand 2 shine in spain abi, where did he start his career, has he Left? don't be a fooL

Van Left engLand 2 shine in spain 2 abi, don't be a person

Eto 'O' shined at inter Like he did in barca abi, don't be daft

Kanu pLayed in engLand 4 many seasons n he shined, is he stilL in engLand, r u hearing his name, don't be stupeed

ALonso left liverpooL 2 shine. In spain(D.midfieLder)
Beckham left man-u 2 reaL, he shined(midfieLder)
SiLva left valencia 2 man city, hez shining(MidfieLder)

Your idiocy is saddening, I feel for your parents sha. Ruud won the Golden Boot in 3 countries (Holland, England and Spain) so how is he a failure? Eto won a treble at Inter Milan, how is that a failure? Kanu won things at Ajax in Holland and Inter in Italy, how is he a one club wonder? Alonso won the UCL in Liverpool dummy.

Mehn! I'm done wiv u. I'm out
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by merengue: 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
dopeJemi:

FaLcao Left engLand 2 shine in spain abi, where did he start his career, has he Left? don't be a fooL

Van Left engLand 2 shine in spain 2 abi, don't be a person

Eto 'O' shined at inter Like he did in barca abi, don't be daft

Kanu pLayed in engLand 4 many seasons n he shined, is he stilL in engLand, r u hearing his name, don't be stupeed

ALonso left liverpooL 2 shine. In spain(D.midfieLder)
Beckham left man-u 2 reaL, he shined(midfieLder)
SiLva left valencia 2 man city, hez shining(MidfieLder)

Mehn! I'm done wiv u. I'm out

(Sighs) Your idiocy is saddening. Ruud won the Golden Boot in 3 countries (Holland, England and Spain) so how is he a failure? Eto won a treble at Inter Milan, how is that a failure? Kanu won things at Ajax in Holland and Inter in Italy, how is he a one club wonder? Alonso won the UCL in Liverpool dummy. What did Silva win at Valencia? Your father should have used a condom.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by deletrue: 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
Oahray: Is it even debatable? The FIFA Ballon d'or award is for best individual performance.

Messi had the best individual performance last season. He was exceptional when many of his team mates (pedro, sanchez, villa with injury, tello, cuenca etc) were out of form and squandered so many chances.
Was always involved in Barca's build-up to goals. Scored like crazy, yet assisted superbly.

Here's the stat, Messi was directly involved in 102 goals (scored 73 and assisted 29) about 54% of Barca's total (190) goals in all competitions.
Barca won only 3 of the 12 laliga games in which Messi failed to find the net.

Ronaldo scored a total 60 goals with 15 assists. That means he was directly involved in 75 goals, about 43% of Madrid's total (174) goals.

Contribution to total amount of
team goals
Messi - 54% of Barcelona goals
Van Persie - 49% of Arsenal goals
Huntelaar - 48.7% of Schalke goals
Ibrahimovic - 45% of Milan goals
C. Ronaldo - 43% of R. Madrid goals
Gomez - 40% of Bayern goals

Yet they say Ronaldo should win for 'singlehandedly' winning laliga for Madrid. Smh. If its about the trophies, then Casillas, Iniesta, Aguero, Pirlo and Didier Drogba all deserve the award.

The stats never lie.
Messi all the way!
Wonderful analyst. Highly intelligent. Who are you? You are simply good. Please, can anyone out there compete with this man? I dey enjoy foot ball analysis so much. Please fire on. I want to enjoy more thanks.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
ujchief: That dwarf won it again!
hahahahaha ! abi ?! to hell with his soul.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Seyilome(m): 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
Kassidy90: Fifa has no credibility, imagine no pirlo, van persie, mario gomez in fifa xi pro, Scam!
NA ALL THE PLAYERS THEM GO WRITE?
Kassidy90: Fifa has no credibility, imagine no pirlo, van persie, mario gomez in fifa xi pro, Scam!
NA ALL THE PLAYERS THEM GO WRITE?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
logica: Lol. You blame t
e 3 for being in the same team? That's the whole point. Also mind you, Pirlo is an attacking midfielder; so he could only be contending with Iniesta.

Loool. Pirlo an attacking midfielder?
The Architect is a deep lying playmaker not an attacking midfielder.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
chic2pimp:

Loool. Pirlo an attacking midfielder?
The Architect is a deep lying playmaker not an attacking midfielder.
Oh, so he's a defensive midfielder then abi?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 5:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
seankay: CR7 is just unlucky to play at the same time with this...(Dunno what to call him) the lyks of zidane,figo,ronaldo must be thanking der stars by now because they wouldn't have won anything had they played together.

You must be smoking some serious stuff I tell ya.
Are we talking about the same Ronaldo that already had 2 copa titles, 1 world cup and a runners up medal at Messi's age?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
logica: Oh, so he's a defensive midfielder then abi?
Well he is a more of a defensive midfielder than the attacking one u claim he is.
Btw check out the meaning of a deep lying playmaker
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
chic2pimp:
Well he is a more of a defensive midfielder than the attacking one u claim he is.
Lol. Yes sir. Please tell me how many turn-overs he has on average per game. For your info (I guess you didn't finish reading up on his career), the only reason he's "deep lying" these days is simply because of his age; he can no longer run as fast. He has always been an attacking midfielder even through his career at AC Milan. Unlike Xavi who we know for his defensive acumen. Maybe I should explain the term "deep lying" to you. It simply means though he's an attacking midfielder, he starts the attack from "deep". Not "deep" for a defensive reason. Simple.

If you need more schooling, check here:

Some players prefer to set up an attack from a withdrawn position, and are often coined ''deep-lying playmakers'', mainly because of their ability to spread play and dictate the game from a withdrawn position. Despite their deep role, they are not classed as defensive midfielders as tackling and defence are not the main function of their roles, and they may have to be supported by a holding midfielder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder(association_football)#Deep-lying_playmaker
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
davida222: ok agree but not fully, u just mentiond F, Z, and Ronaldo can u pls tell me any player that has come out of their Academy and went on to win the champs league but i can name a bus full of united Academy players that went on to win a treble and a club world cup.. All dis my frend madrid has never don and they will never.. And going bak in history, if not for The Munich air disaster that occurred during the time madrid won all dis ur 9 champs league u come on here to spoun about, during dat time my frend manutd had the finest sets of players ever playd the Game calld soccer manage by the great sir Matt Busby.. And George Best my frend is way beter than all ur galaticos put together. and many more.. GGMU

Iker Casilass from Madrid Academy won the CL, Raul Gonzalez from madrid academy won the CL

Do you need more?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

sneijder was the best player in 2009/10 season....he won the treble and single-handedly took holland to the final of the world cup. his goals and contribution that season is unparalleled. however, messi would always appeal to the romantics. messi's story is the modern cinderella story. a boy that was told would not make it in football because of his growth hormones and later went on to become planet's best player. his background is much better than ronaldo's - ronaldo is the arrogant twit, he's handsome, makes loads of money - who would vote for such?

The same people who voted for him in 2008 abi was it Aliens who voted in 2008?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fredoooooo: 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
chic2pimp:

bros wetin happen , you are invited to cmp nou for celebration o grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fredoooooo: 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
if dayo no kill coogar na coogar go kill dayo , i dey laugh like obj grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:
The same people who voted for him in 2008 abi was it Aliens who voted in 2008?

cos it was super obvious in 2008. ronaldo won the european double + 42 goals in one season as a winger. messi was mostly injured and won nothing of note. it's a no brainer. my point is when both players are neck and neck, 8 out of 10 voters would choose messi.....

dayo, na wa o - how come no one in the bundesliga got a mention? i remember how you used to scream like a rhesus monkey that mario gomez was the best striker in europe last season......what happened? ribery? robben? all they know is diving - useless bundesliga players......the only award bundesliga players can win is fallon d'floor.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 6:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
logica: Lol. Yes sir. Please tell me how many turn-overs he has on average per game. For your info (I guess you didn't finish reading up on his career), the only reason he's "deep lying" these days is simply because of his age; he can no longer run as fast. He has always been an attacking midfielder even through his career at AC Milan. Unlike Xavi who we know for his defensive acumen. Maybe I should explain the term "deep lying" to you. It simply means though he's an attacking midfielder, he starts the attack from "deep". Not "deep" for a defensive reason. Simple.

If you need more schooling, check here:
"the reason he is a deep lying is because he can no longer run as fast"

Oh lawd Im now pretty sure you've never seen Pirlo play? Pirlo run as fast? When has he ever be known for his pace? You sure you are not confusing him for someone else? Well let me as an AC MILAN fan be the one to correct that gaffe of yours. Pace has never and would never be one of Andrea's strenghts. Even my pet Snail is faster.

Let me again as a Milan fan be the one to tell u Pirlo has never been our attacking Midfielder. We've had players like Seedorf,Rui Costa, Kaka and Even Rivaldo for a brief period occupy that position not pirlo. All of his best performances either as a Rossoneri, an Azzuri or a Juventini have been from that Deep Lying position. Ditto for Brescia too(im sure you'll never have known that since you've probably never watched a Serie A game in your life)

May I also explain to u Deep Lying Midfielders(probably never heard of that word much more knew Pirlo was one Had I not mentioned it)do have to have some sort of Defensive acumen in them. Talking in terms of spatial awareness and Tactical intelligence. Hence the reason why the likes of Guardiola and Nando Redondo were also Deep lying playmakers.

Schooling from Wiki? Don't think so. Unlike u who has only seen Pirlo play a handful of times, I used to watch him every week and still do most weeks. Also you'll find the article which you are quoting has a separate heading for Attacking Midfielders. That alone should tell they are two entirely different positions
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
coogar:

cos it was super obvious in 2008. ronaldo won the european double + 42 goals in one season as a winger. messi was mostly injured and won nothing of note. it's a no brainer. my point is when both players are neck and neck, 8 out of 10 voters would choose messi.....

dayo, na wa o - how come no one in the bundesliga got a mention? i remember how you used to scream like a rhesus monkey that mario gomez was the best striker in europe last season......what happened? ribery? robben? all they know is diving - useless bundesliga players......the only award bundesliga players can win is fallon d'floor.

Mario Gomez didnt win because others were better than him Falcao, Messi and Ronaldo

What happened to the useless EPL players where is Van R@p1st, Rooney, Aguero, Torres(Top scorer)Useless EPL players Where are these players ? Abi is there another award for them specially?

No wonder EPL champions are last in their CL group
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
fredoooooo:

bros wetin happen , you are invited to cmp nou for celebration o grin grin grin grin

Fredoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bros I dey oooo. Wey u dey hide nah? I don miss u o

Which kain Rubbish nou camp celebration be dat? Abi u no see the mago mago dem take do Pirlo ni? embarassed
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fredoooooo: 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
chic2pimp:

Fredoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Bros I dey oooo. Wey u dey hide nah? I don miss u o

Which kain Rubbish nou camp celebration be dat? Abi u no see the mago mago dem take do Pirlo ni? embarassed

bros leave pirlo jare , mafia pass mafia . you know how i hate anything italia grin grin grin grin

na you i no dey see your brake light now . Australian open dey start next week o
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by karpentar: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
ActiveMan:

it is determine by fifa jere no mind all this people saying na captain they vote, can all of them come out and tell us who they voted for?

You're an illiterate.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
fredoooooo:

bros leave pirlo jare , mafia pass mafia . you know how i hate anything italia grin grin grin grin

na you i no dey see your brake light now . Australian open dey start next week o

But this one nah kwarect Naija Agbero style Mafia jare. We sef no like u. Oya carry waka tongue

YES YES YES. At last some proper ikebe bakassi super
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fredoooooo: 7:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
chic2pimp:

But this one nah kwarect Naija Agbero style Mafia jare. We sef no like u. Oya carry waka tongue

YES YES YES. At last some proper ikebe bakassi super

grin grin grin grin typical italian grin grin grin grin

bros you never change , na another year we dey o , proper ikebe grin grin grin
by the way who be that oteku (fine babe) for your profile wink grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 7:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
fredoooooo:

grin grin grin grin typical italian grin grin grin grin

bros you never change , na another year we dey o , proper ikebe grin grin grin
by the way who be that oteku (fine babe) for your profile wink grin grin grin grin

sHARRAP DIA grin grin. See how Sepp "Wuruwuru" Blatter and Michel "MagoMago" Platini dey do wayo. Thunder fire the lot of em' wherever they are now.

Change Ke? You sef don change? grin grin. No think say I no dey see how u dey chase Bakassi up and down NL. I see u o wink
You sef see am abi? grin. My first prayer for 2013 is that make I catch am for corner.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
dayokanu:
Mario Gomez didnt win because others were better than him Falcao, Messi and Ronaldo
What happened to the useless EPL players where is Van R@p1st, Rooney, Aguero, Torres(Top scorer)Useless EPL players Where are these players ? Abi is there another award for them specially?

No wonder EPL champions are last in their CL group

epl team won the champions league, no?
seriously, what have germany or any german club won on the continent in the last 11 yrs? surely, some team somewhere should have won a continental title in the last decade....

in the last 8 yrs, english league produced clubs like man utd, chelsea and liverpool winning in elite europe. bundesliga have not produced any winning team in eons. i think we should scrap that league once n for all and send its players to africa.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fredoooooo: 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
chic2pimp:

sHARRAP DIA grin grin. See how Sepp "Wuruwuru" Blatter and Michel "MagoMago" Platini dey do wayo. Thunder fire the lot of em' wherever they are now.

Change Ke? You sef don change? grin grin. No think say I no dey see how u dey chase Bakassi up and down NL. I see u o wink
You sef see am abi? grin. My first prayer for 2013 is that make I catch am for corner.

if you abuse them too much , next year na only player from africa them go select grin grin grin grin

who dey chase bakasi ? you i guess hahahahaha grin

bros i no see am , no spoil me abeg grin grin grin but to say the truth i don dey dream about am since d day i saw the pix ..ojigbijigbijigbi grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by eriegua83: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2013
carzola: outstandin wey? cr7.was outstandin in england went to spain nd did sem tin.. my guy wake up are u nt tired of hearin bacelona here nd der wen der futball hasnt changed no new tactic sem old passin passin..
both of them should go to enyimba or better still Warri wolves: it messi were to be in another league u would have asked him to go to spain to prove his worth, why did ronaldo not leave man u 4 real sociedad to prove his worth WHY madrid. If Ronaldo have come thru madrid academy he wouldn't ve made his trade else were.Greener pastures chased him 4rm one league to d other. He has not tried his trade in france yet; let him go to montepellier d dead champs to resurrect them just as he did with madrid. The WORLD is waiting so that he can unsit great MESSI.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by wabagric(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
No dought,messi is a football angel,while ronando is a footballer of our generation.award is for ronando,but messi yahooooooooo it from fifa,sorry 7onando,God dey.www.wabagricfarm.com
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fredoooooo: 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2013
Even casilas pick sergio ramos over ronaldo , wahala dey for real madrid grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Una still dey talk this matter, Messi don forget na d next record e dey look up to now
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by cisse7575(m): 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
In Argentina Born the football god
In Spain lives the Football god
In Barcelona plays the football god

Match not, his styles of play,
Condemn not, his attitudes when he plays

Broken, are many records by him
His, will be hard except by him

Leo, you are truly the football god,
Sent by God, the creator of god.

Messi Messi Messi,
Football history,had long be re-written.
past shall be Millennial before we see your match.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
chic2pimp:
"the reason he is a deep lying is because he can no longer run as fast"

Oh lawd Im now pretty sure you've never seen Pirlo play? Pirlo run as fast? When has he ever be known for his pace? You sure you are not confusing him for someone else? Well let me as an AC MILAN fan be the one to correct that gaffe of yours. Pace has never and would never be one of Andrea's strenghts. Even my pet Snail is faster.

Let me again as a Milan fan be the one to tell u Pirlo has never been our attacking Midfielder. We've had players like Seedorf,Rui Costa, Kaka and Even Rivaldo for a brief period occupy that position not pirlo. All of his best performances either as a Rossoneri, an Azzuri or a Juventini have been from that Deep Lying position. Ditto for Brescia too(im sure you'll never have known that since you've probably never watched a Serie A game in your life)

May I also explain to u Deep Lying Midfielders(probably never heard of that word much more knew Pirlo was one Had I not mentioned it)do have to have some sort of Defensive acumen in them. Talking in terms of spatial awareness and Tactical intelligence. Hence the reason why the likes of Guardiola and Nando Redondo were also Deep lying playmakers.

Schooling from Wiki? Don't think so. Unlike u who has only seen Pirlo play a handful of times, I used to watch him every week and still do most weeks. Also you'll find the article which you are quoting has a separate heading for Attacking Midfielders. That alone should tell they are two entirely different positions
Give it up already mugu; you don't know what "deep lying midfielder" means (by the way it's a "phrase" not a "word"; all these half-baked graduates sef). It's right there in the article. A deep lying midfielder is an attacking midfielder. You can gripe all day and night long and watch more Pirlo videos. Won't change anything. You don't know much about football neither do you know what his role is about. By the way Guardiola was a holding midfielder; exact same role played by Busquets today. Deep lying midfielder ko...

You've been crying over Pirlo being cheated yet you can't even tell what his role is all about; you don't know the difference between "deep lying midfielder" and a "holding midfielder". Once again the Guardiola reference gave you away. Guardiola performed defensive duties; which a "deep lying midfielder" does not. When I asked you to give me how many turn-overs Pirlo has in a game on average, you ran off and came back to post gibberish after going to study his profile page somewhere. Pirlo does not defend; which is why you will still need a defensive midfielder to play that role. Yet you claim he plays a more defensive role.

By the way, when did you watch your first Serie A match? Fake a$$.

Pirlo started his career as an offensive midfielder until coach Fatih Terim developed a deep-seated playmaking role while at Brescia, with Roberto Baggio in the attacking midfield role.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Pirlo

Now forgive me if my memory of Italian football or Pirlo is hazy (I hardly pay attention to it these days since it got boring after the late 90s), but the fact remains; he's an attacking midfielder, and still is. Whether deep lying, or out-and-out offensive. And it doesn't change the fact that you are ignorant of his role.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by A40(m): 12:32am On Jan 09, 2013
davida222: the greatest player ever pleyd the game calld soccer say it with me George BEST the best player ever leave.
Hahahahahahahahaha the joker

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Arsenal : (0 - 1 ) On 1st November 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal (4 - 1) On 26th April 2023 / West Ham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.