Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (47964 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ahmeduana:
if messi is good the way people are praising him, he should move from la liga to other major leagues and see if he can perform the way cristy has performed and still performing.
...and winning nothing.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
raffite: I lost confidence in this award since Sneijder was robbed.

You had better find it.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2013
stuhporh: I will not take the fact that messi has been invincible for some time now, but choosing the world best for 2012 should go to Either Iniesta or RONALDO.
Calm down bruv, just ask why, reasons are, This award is determined by the players contribution to his team and personal achievments. Ronaldo won the league where Messi did not. Played for his country and almost
...that doesn't kill a bird.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 4:44am On Jan 10, 2013
Donalð Genes: If ronaldo no win
I am leavinq NL
Keep to your word son.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 5:06am On Jan 10, 2013
mrlycan:

messi is a maga...he makes mugu as spanish league.....look at his shoot he calls suit.let him come and play stoke city and face shawcross

And you think Messi's bone is as weak as that of Aaron Ramsey's?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 5:14am On Jan 10, 2013
Spain007: i feel good,i just hug MESSI live.

WAKE UP.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 5:24am On Jan 10, 2013
dayokanu:

I agree with you mamagee Mikel should have won it since he won the Champions league

FIFA is not FAIR

Sepp Blater is.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 11:00am On Jan 10, 2013
dopeJemi: la Liga Fans

Can u sit down 2 watch biLbao pLay Levante

Or getafe pLay sociedad

No

Why? because ders nuffin interesting abt it, dey r not pLaying 4 anything, dey not fighting 4 anyfin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 11:35am On Jan 10, 2013
dayokanu:

We are still waiting for evidence of Arjen Robbens red card at Stamford bridge sir

Patience.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 11:46am On Jan 10, 2013
Debroslink:

HEY... EVEN ALEX FERGUSON REGRETTED EVER SELLING FORLAN http://manchesterunited-fansclub..com/2010/07/ferguson-regrets-about-forlan.html

THEORY!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
dayokanu:
When was the last time another club apart from Chelsea and man Utd win the EPL

Eight months ago : )
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
coogar:

ferguson is a stayer, jose is a drifter. jose's sole aim is to win all the league titles in the top leagues in europe. alex ferguson's sole aim is to win titles only for man utd. yet again, apples and oranges.

Same with Messi for barcelona.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
jonex70: I THINK THE DEFENDER IN LA LIGA ARE TOO SOFT AND WEAK AND THEY GIVE HIM TOO MUCH SPACE.

You're thinking wrong buddy.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by SimplySEA(m): 1:17pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=J12]
Messi's era lacks top talent compared to Zidane's era, if we had those kind of talents now, especially if they played in a simple "tiki-taka" football style like messi currently does, messi won't have nothin on them.
Mind you, da lima had to contend with the likes thierry Henry, shevchenko, ronaldinho, zidane, lampard, ballack, gerrard etc
Is dat to say cr7, iniesta, xavi, pirlo, falcao, rvp etc, are not top talent? These superb players u
mentioned above, how many can combine their exceptional skills wit high goal scoring capabilities? U can see finished talents wit high scoring rate in today's game! U kno what, i think, Cr7 in shev7 and de lima's time would have beaten them to as many wfoty has de are nominated for, baring world cup performances for obvious reason(brazil)! The youngman is jus unlucky to be in the era of d greatest footballer of all time! My simple tot! And pls don't mention frank8 in dat league!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by SimplySEA(m): 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
[quote author=J12]
Messi's era lacks top talent compared to Zidane's era, if we had those kind of talents now, especially if they played in a simple "tiki-taka" football style like messi currently does, messi won't have nothin on them.
Mind you, da lima had to contend with the likes thierry Henry, shevchenko, ronaldinho, zidane, lampard, ballack, gerrard etc,quote!
Is dat to say cr7, iniesta, xavi, pirlo, falcao, rvp etc, are not top talent! These superb players u
mentioned above, how many can combine their exceptional skills wit high goal scoring capabilities? U can see finished talents wit high scoring rate in today's game! U kno what, i think, Cr7 in shev7 and de lima's time would have beaten them to as many wfoty has de are nominated for, baring world cup performances for obvious reason(brazil)! The youngman is jus unlucky to be in the era of d greatest footballer of all time! My simple tot! And pls don't mention frank8 in dat league!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by elampiro(m): 6:54am On Jan 11, 2013
All these are plot by the authorities to frustrate Ronaldo, he was simply the best.

The 2011–12 La Liga season (known as the Liga BBVA for sponsorship reasons) was the 81st season of the top level Spanish association football competition. The campaign began on 27 August 2011, and ended on 13 May 2012. Real Madrid won the league for a record 32nd time in La Liga history after beating Athletic Bilbao on 2 May 2012. The club broke a number of records including: 100 points in a single season, 121 goals scored, a goal difference of +89, 16 away wins, and 32 overall wins.

Ronaldo was decisive when it mattered towards the end of the season, saved Madrid from dropping points against Villrreal, Sporting, Ossasuna and Atleti in April. Not to mention being the match winner at the Nou Camp in the most decisive game of the year. That vital victory meant it was over for Barca.

This awards are highly based on sentiments, and on the player the authority feels is humble. The Spanish authority and Eufa are highly in favour of Barca over Madrid just because of perceived arrogance of Mourinho and Ronaldo. There were lots of controversial decisions in favour of Barca but Madrid were determined. Ronaldo also became the first player to score against every Laliga team in a season. Yet he is a new player in the terrain compared to Messi and Iniester.

Kudos to Ronaldo for scoring a hatrick after the award, he banged in a hatrick. He is refused to be frustrated. However, he might be out of Laliga at the end of the season to either Man United, MAN city or PSG or Bayern. But it appears he will most likely return to United considering his recent comments about Manchester United and Ferguson. Only City and PSG have said they can break the bank.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by ddippset(m): 7:57am On Jan 11, 2013
No 1 in Onze d'Or
No 1 in GiveMeFootball most valued player
No 1 in ESPY Best International Athlete
No 1 in Forzafutbol Best La Liga player 2011-12 Matador Award
No 1 in Bleacherreport Best La Liga Player 2011-12 award
No 1 in LFP La Liga Best Player
No 1 in LFP La Liga Best Forward
No 1 in World Soccer Award
No 1 in FourFourTwo Top 100 Best Players in the World 2012
No 1 in El Pais Best European Player
No 1 in Guardian 100 Best Footballers in the World
No 1 in Marca La Liga Player of the Year 2012 Now everybody look at all of the above awards won by the little genius in 2012! now someone should tell me that fifa had a hand in rigging these awards for messi. common tell me! if you want fifa to change its pattern then tell the organizers of the above awards too to change so that messi will not win again. common tell me! mmmtcheeewww. if this was the last supper, you guys would be worse than a thomas.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AjanleKoko: 9:52am On Jan 11, 2013
elampiro: All these are plot by the authorities to frustrate Ronaldo, he was simply the best.

The 2011–12 La Liga season (known as the Liga BBVA for sponsorship reasons) was the 81st season of the top level Spanish association football competition. The campaign began on 27 August 2011, and ended on 13 May 2012. Real Madrid won the league for a record 32nd time in La Liga history after beating Athletic Bilbao on 2 May 2012. The club broke a number of records including: 100 points in a single season, 121 goals scored, a goal difference of +89, 16 away wins, and 32 overall wins.

Ronaldo was decisive when it mattered towards the end of the season, saved Madrid from dropping points against Villrreal, Sporting, Ossasuna and Atleti in April. Not to mention being the match winner at the Nou Camp in the most decisive game of the year. That vital victory meant it was over for Barca.

This awards are highly based on sentiments, and on the player the authority feels is humble. The Spanish authority and Eufa are highly in favour of Barca over Madrid just because of perceived arrogance of Mourinho and Ronaldo. There were lots of controversial decisions in favour of Barca but Madrid were determined. Ronaldo also became the first player to score against every Laliga team in a season. Yet he is a new player in the terrain compared to Messi and Iniester.

Kudos to Ronaldo for scoring a hatrick after the award, he banged in a hatrick. He is refused to be frustrated. However, he might be out of Laliga at the end of the season to either Man United, MAN city or PSG or Bayern. But it appears he will most likely return to United considering his recent comments about Manchester United and Ferguson. Only City and PSG have said they can break the bank.

I agree with you o jare.
In fact both Mou and Ronaldo should resign from the game in protest and join Hollywood, where theatrics and conspiracy theories can fetch even bigger bucks than footie wink grin cheesy tongue

I can just see the movie title 'Goal 4: The FIFA conspiracy' grin tongue
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dj5naira(m): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2013
Whosoever says Messi doesn't deserve it, i'd cut off his testicles and place his own Ball-on D'oor!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by denzel2009: 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
Ronaldo should have won fallon d'floor award then.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2013
topkuma: fifa normally maniculate the vote even is voted by coaches and captains.Bleep :Pfifa,c7 dey carry go u are still the best tongue
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 13, 2013
topkuma: fifa normally maniculate the vote even is voted by coaches and captains.Bleep :Pfifa,c7 dey carry go u are still the best tongue
Hailings, you fool....lwkmrotfl
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dmcdad: 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2013
denzel2009: Ronaldo should have won fallon d'floor award then.

Lmao.... Or maybe Angry d'or...grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
SimplySEA:
Is dat to say cr7, iniesta, xavi, pirlo, falcao, rvp etc, are not top talent! These superb players u

You must be outta your mind to say that cr7 will beat da lima to the wfoty award when da lima was in his prime. There were numerous falcao's, xavi's, iniestas, rvp's etc, in ronaldos era. Since ronaldo da lima lost form and hung his boots, there's never been any center forward like him.
Don't ever try to compare cr7 and ronaldo da lima.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by SimplySEA(m): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2013
J12:
You must be outta your mind to say that cr7 will beat da lima to the wfoty award when da lima was in his prime. There were numerous falcao's, xavi's, iniestas, rvp's etc, in ronaldos era. Since ronaldo da lima lost form and hung his boots, there's never been any center forward like him.
Don't ever try to compare cr7 and ronaldo da lima.
Now u want to do player on player? Note dis man, i ain't a fan of cr7 but barring world cup performances, the youngman is better dan da lima in a mile! The only problem cr7 has is "d great one", messi! Despite d mighty eclipse, cr7's lights still manage shine! Which is da lima's best season wit regards to club football? How many goals did he score, even as a centre forward? Can u compare to cr7 in madrid? I'm a fan of da lima, not even a fan of cr7, but d truth need to be told! Cr7 IS D BEST IN D WORLD! BUT MESSI IS OUT OF DIS WORLD!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dmcdad: 7:39am On Jan 15, 2013
SimplySEA:
Now u want to do player on player? Note dis man, i ain't a fan of cr7 but barring world cup performances, the youngman is better dan da lima in a mile! The only problem cr7 has is "d great one", messi! Despite d mighty eclipse, cr7's lights still manage shine! Which is da lima's best season wit regards to club football? How many goals did he score, even as a centre forward? Can u compare to cr7 in madrid? I'm a fan of da lima, not even a fan of cr7, but d truth need to be told! Cr7 IS D BEST IN D WORLD! BUT MESSI IS OUT OF DIS WORLD!

i just love those acknowledgements bruv...
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2013
SimplySEA:

Its obvious you started watching football in 2008.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by A40(m): 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
J12:

Lol imagine the blasphemy! Comparing that winking diver known as Cr7 to O Fenomeno
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by SimplySEA(m): 6:08am On Jan 16, 2013
J12:

sorry sis, i started watching football since 1992 wit d nations cup in africa. Started club football in 1995. I'm sure u weren't born then,or at best, u were sucking....!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by SimplySEA(m): 7:06am On Jan 16, 2013
A-40:

Lol imagine the blasphemy! Comparing that winking diver known as Cr7 to O Fenomeno
my bro, If i tell u how i dislike cr7 u won't believe.... But let's let d facts speak! Da lima's best season wit regards to club football is in barca. Compared to Cr7 in madrid? Check d facts! Yes both are terrors to any defence, but one scores more than d other! Need i mention dat one is a winger? Need i also remind u dat one doesn't have a champions league medal, despite playing for four club giants (best clubs) in europe? I don't like cr7, and sincerely i wish i can change d facts!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by A40(m): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2013
SimplySEA:
my bro, If i tell u how i dislike cr7 u won't believe.... But let's let d facts speak! Da lima's best season wit regards to club football is in barca. Compared to Cr7 in madrid? Check d facts! Yes both are terrors to any defence, but one scores more than d other! Need i mention dat one is a winger? Need i also remind u dat one doesn't have a champions league medal, despite playing for four club giants (best clubs) in europe? I don't like cr7, and sincerely i wish i can change d facts!
I don't make judgements on just number of goals scored let's judge all round performances for club and country. Their decisiveness in big matches! Mata.Lampard or Fabregas would more often than not manage more assists than Pirlo or Xavi so can we assume they are better midfielders
Victor Valdes has three champions league medals is he better than Buffon? Its not by joining big clubs you have to consider their strength as at when he joined them! let's not even count the times he spent Italy cos he was injured half the time
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by A40(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
SimplySEA:

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

PSG Vs Manchester City UCL (2 - 0) On 28th September 2021 / Chelsea vs Liverpool - ( 0 - 2) On 20th September 2020 / Manchester United VS Derby County: Carabao Cup (7 - 8 On Pens : 25-09-2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.