Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,592 members, 7,823,577 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

If You Were Nigerian President Today, How Will You Address The POWER Problem? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were Nigerian President Today, How Will You Address The POWER Problem? (444 Views)

No Programme Of Event Has Been Scheduled For Osinbajo As Acting President- Today / We’ll Kill Corruption, Solve Power Problem – Osinbajo / Buhari Meets With Obanikoro, Issoufou, Niger President Today In Abuja [photos[ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Were Nigerian President Today, How Will You Address The POWER Problem? by 2million1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
if i were to be given the opportunity, what i'll do is to go to other countries like U.S.A, China, Brazil...etc., and find out how they manage to achieve this feet, and i may even bring their engineers to Nigeria, give them the required funds and see if in the next 1year Nigeria'll still be in darkness.

So if you had the opportunity, what will you do?
Re: If You Were Nigerian President Today, How Will You Address The POWER Problem? by geeez: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
As an immediate palliative, I will ration the distribution of electricity, by giving priority to the industrial areas. Consequently, Industrial areas will get 24hrs uninterrupted power, then the commercial areas will get 12hrs (7am -7pm), Monday to Friday, while the Residential Areas will get 12hrs (7pm-7am) Monday to Friday and on weekends, the residential areas will get as much as we can give and we will withdraw services to the commercial areas.

Then I will ensure I license even municipal power plants that will generate electricity for small areas, as small as LGAs. This will reduce the cost of transmitting over long distances, leading to losses. I will also mandate each Local Government to ensure that at least one power plant is built and fully operational within its county

(1) (Reply)

Nasarawa Governor Allegedly Undergoes Hip Replacement Surgery / Saudi Beheads Sri Lankan Maid For Murdering Baby / Court Sacks PDP National Secretory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.