Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

What Do You Think About Jobberman ? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Do You Think About Jobberman ? (17699 Views)

...... / Jobberman Professionally Written Cv-share Your Experience / Jobberman's 2013 - 100 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by opeawo(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
samyan12: The premium thing isn't deir brightest idea, but I did get my job through jobberman. So before we all keep castigating them, they've done some good too.and it was before dey introduced paying for premium.
Obinoscopy: Hi jobberman, click on this link https://www.nairaland.com/1099660/pls-help.jobberman-created-access-link

I have read this post and Jobberman has addressed it. It was a case of someone entering his email addrss to invite friends to join and eventually getting awed by the technology and now thinks we're the CIA.
Disclosure: I founded
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by opeawo(m): 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
sgt.kole:
I think trying to charge(exploit) job seekers a premium is some what ludacris.
*just my opinion*

Kole, charging jobseekers is not exploiting. Jobless, you call it is not exactly true.

1. Jobberman caters to both candidates with experience and those with no experience. The ones with experience are in the majority. We know this as a fact. You can do the math. For evey fresh grad, there are 15 other people who are already on jobs and are looking for new ones.
2. It costs money to bring all the jobs in Nigeria together in one place. I am sure you will not pay if you're not seeing jobs you wish to apply for on Jobberman. So it's a value thing. BTW, we really really want to be supportive nonetheless. There is the free option which still allows you to upload your CV and apply to 5 jobs for free. Want more? Go Premium. I don't think that is too much to ask from a "jobless" person who otherwise would have been spending thousands of naira dropping CVs about in companies that did not even advertise jobs.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by opeawo(m): 9:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
Aafulenu: and hw come all ur jobs are in d west? just very few jobs in d south and east.
u guys have not even established well all around nigeria and u are already charging

Sorry about this, we're taking it gradually. We have liason operations all over and we are expanding more and more by the day. But we have quite a number of jobs in the East and North and we still have more jobs in these regions than any other channel - print or web.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by opeawo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
point45: Who charges a fee for posts that are free everywhere? If d business is looking to grow it should be through better thought out products, what's to stop me, a premium member,posting it on my blog? U ever tot of that? Better stick to generating traffic with d free service then finding how to convert the traffic into funds generation, wld hate to see another biz fold up cos ppl stopped clicking

The posts are not free everywhere. 80% of the jobs on Jobberman are not advertised anywhere else. This is because Jobberman has invested into establishing relationships with companies and encouraging them to put their positions out there for FREE. All this is in the interest of jobseekers so they can have access to more opportunities and increase their chances of getting a job.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by opeawo(m): 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2013
DWJOBS.com:
Keep up the good work. You have made it easier for most of us to get good jobs and enjoy great career opportunity but the new premium service isn't quite clear and should(plea) be reviewed

We're open to suggestions on how much we should charge for this premium service. Everyone, suggestions please on price. FREE is also a suggestion, but we have that already. There will always be a free package but with limited features, I must say.

Disclosure: I cofounded
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by mj(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
For me it is an error from Jobberman, that's why I will always respect Mark Zuckerberg, it free and always free. What jobberman could have done is meet with the experts to see how to turn the traffic into cash. If Seun starts asking Nairaland visitors to pay before viewing post, what do u think will happen to Nairaland traffic? Look into what Facebook are doing, apply it. The best things in life are free.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by chiboy11(m): 5:25am On Jan 21, 2013
opeawo:

I have read this post and Jobberman has addressed it. It was a case of someone entering his email addrss to invite friends to join and eventually getting awed by the technology and now thinks we're the CIA.
Disclosure: I founded
wat ure just sayin make no sence man,its only in nigeria I se a job site dat request mone 4rm jobles pple to search jobs,ure just takin advantage of d weak govt to run ur crime cuse I kno dose jobs re nt real,its only a fool dat wil pay 4dat ur servise wen he or she s nt even sure of getin d job,Nairaland n hotnigerian jobs beat u pple hands down,if u guys ve brain u wud ve learn ow 2use ur trafic to raize moni tru adverts,I tink u ve to go back n learn
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by StevensJojo(f): 7:28am On Jan 21, 2013
Hi,
personally I'm still job hunting but I don't see anything wrong with jobberman asking for a premium.Nothing quality is free.I think they've paid their dues overtime and its high time they started reaping the rewards.They only problem I have is their billing system.To jobberman if you really want to make money you have to make it easier for us to pay.I don't have a problem with paying 1k but the mere thought of having to go to a bank discourages me.You could partner with our network service providers so they deduct from our accounts or something.

You also make it easier and cheaper by allowing people pay per application sent.You could charge as low as fifty naira.And people who can't afford 1k would gladly pay if its deducted from their account balance.
All in all you guys have been doing a good job and I think you deserve to be paid.
Ciao

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 21, 2013
Stevens Jojo: Hi,
personally I'm still job hunting but I don't see anything wrong with jobberman asking for a premium.Nothing quality is free.I think they've paid their dues overtime and its high time they started reaping the rewards.They only problem I have is their billing system.To jobberman if you really want to make money you have to make it easier for us to pay.I don't have a problem with paying 1k but the mere thought of having to go to a bank discourages me.You could partner with our network service providers so they deduct from our accounts or something.

You also make it easier and cheaper by allowing people pay per application sent.You could charge as low as fifty naira.And people who can't afford 1k would gladly pay if its deducted from their account balance.
All in all you guys have been doing a good job and I think you deserve to be paid.
Ciao

Well said! But jobberman,I've been submitting cvs thru you guys for 3yrs and counting, up till today...my cv is very good,yet no call up from any of ur so-called clients! And I've been geting call ups from other job sites e.g jobrapido...thank God for business mind, I for don roast dey wait for jobberman.. Pls start submitting cvs people actually paste on ur site!
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by Freekaleek: 9:14am On Jan 21, 2013
Dr. Wise:
All your job listings are false. At time I feel you are jobless too and trying to charge us a fee for doing nothing.

Dr. Wise, this is why you have been banned twice on 2 boards. Rash statements that are unfounded and outrightly funny. Sensible people are talking here, let them discuss. Borrow some sense.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by amenamen1010: 9:15am On Jan 21, 2013
Poster

Good day

Please where in ibadan is your office located.
Thanks
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by opeawo(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2013
chiboy11: wat ure just sayin make no sence man,its only in nigeria I se a job site dat request mone 4rm jobles pple to search jobs,ure just takin advantage of d weak govt to run ur crime cuse I kno dose jobs re nt real,its only a fool dat wil pay 4dat ur servise wen he or she s nt even sure of getin d job,Nairaland n hotnigerian jobs beat u pple hands down,if u guys ve brain u wud ve learn ow 2use ur trafic to raize moni tru adverts,I tink u ve to go back n learn
heed101: gbam certified

Do you value having access to more jobs so as to increase your chances of getting a job? If you do, then you need to think about your opinion again. I will state it again, let's stop saying jobseekers are jobless, there are 30m employed Nigerians out there looking for a better job and they clearly understand the rationale for the premium package.

Nonetheless, Jobberman is listening and something will be done soon so that everyone (employed and never-employed) will be happy.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by opeawo(m): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2013
mj: For me it is an error from Jobberman, that's why I will always respect Mark Zuckerberg, it free and always free. What jobberman could have done is meet with the experts to see how to turn the traffic into cash. If Seun starts asking Nairaland visitors to pay before viewing post, what do u think will happen to Nairaland traffic? Look into what Facebook are doing, apply it. The best things in life are free.

smiley Just like Facebook, there will always be the free part on Jobberman. You can apply for 5 jobs and even invite friends to get more free application credits. Note that Facebook is already trying out paying to message those that are not your friends. This is jobs we're talking about here, its about increasing your chances of getting a job. Let's not miss the big picture here.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by realbomax: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2013
If in d opinion of jobberman dat jobseekers hav money to subcribe to premium,then i want to opine dt applicatn shud be free alone for graduate trainee/0-2 yrs experience applicatn while those above 5yrs experience shud be made to pay for ur premium.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2013
@ JOBBER MAN, I'VE APPLIED MORE THAN 30 JOBS THROUGH YOUR SO CALLED SITE AND NEVA FOR ONCE GET ANY RESPONSE, AND YOU ARE REQUESTING FOR MONEY, NON SENSE, AND MOREOVER WHERE IS YOUR OFFICE SITUATED IN Abuja?.............
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 21, 2013
mayourbash: @ JOBBER MAN, I'VE APPLIED MORE THAN 30 JOBS THROUGH YOUR SO CALLED SITE AND NEVA FOR ONCE GET ANY RESPONSE, AND YOU ARE REQUESTING FOR MONEY, NON SENSE, AND MOREOVER WHERE IS YOUR OFFICE SITUATED IN Abuja?.............

Office in abj pls?
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by chiboy11(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
mayourbash: @ JOBBER MAN, I'VE APPLIED MORE THAN 30 JOBS THROUGH YOUR SO CALLED SITE AND NEVA FOR ONCE GET ANY RESPONSE, AND YOU ARE REQUESTING FOR MONEY, NON SENSE, AND MOREOVER WHERE IS YOUR OFFICE SITUATED IN Abuja?.............
dey just cook up fake companies info n name n place on dier site so foolish pple wil pay, who send dem self rubish
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by hunterFOX: 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Chuksaluta: @jobberman I have applied for over 20 jobs through your site without any feedback.

You dey dia dey talk 20. There was a time I ran amok about job seeking and if I'm not mistaken, I submitted over 50 CVs to those foolish people. I have sworn never to use them again. As in, not a single invite outta 50 and now u wanna scam us with your premium lies.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by hunterFOX: 11:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
I'm glad that this has been brought to the table now!!
From everyones comments, it evident that jobberman never works. Becos I have never got an invitation ever since I started using them. And I dey submit CV like love letter.
Nigerians are just soo wicked to themselves, we always wanna make our wealth from the poor, less privilege and jobless...........I PRAY THIS PREMIUM IDEA OF YOURS HAS A KARMA ALONG.
Nonsense
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by chocknolis(m): 8:07am On Jan 22, 2013
before you know it jobberman with blame your lack of invite to the inadequacies of your cv.
Can't you guys make your money from advertisment, stop taking advantage of desperate people.
You guys are the only job sites that hides the name of the company being advertised for and why do you do that if not that they are fake
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by zibe(m): 11:33am On Jan 22, 2013
opeawo:

The posts are not free everywhere. 80% of the jobs on Jobberman are not advertised anywhere else. This is because Jobberman has invested into establishing relationships with companies and encouraging them to put their positions out there for FREE. All this is in the interest of jobseekers so they can have access to more opportunities and increase their chances of getting a job.

Hmm. You encourage companies (who obviously have money) to advertise for vacancies on your site FREE of charge, and tell the jobseekers who do not have money, to pay for these vacancies. Smh.

Meanwhile, create an avenue for graduate trainee roles to be free.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by samilo88(m): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Bleep jobberman. Its just another name for scam. All their jobs are always anonymous u can't really trace d companies. I applied for over hundred jobs through jobberman and didn't get any reply frm d coys now they talking about premium. Less than 2months after I registered with jobheights for free email notification I hav attended 2 job interview. Message to jobberman; u guys better reverse to ur old way of doing business else u would just be another sad tale on d lips of nigerians. Premium ko premium ni..go open indecency site if u want premium subscribers..mtcheeew
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by wanney: 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
The premium idea S definitely not a good one,please review it...I agree with everyone against it.it should be free.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by forbisi: 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
This opeawo of a thing is so annoying. He took out time to reply to all negative comments in a sassy manner but cunningly avoided d one abt d co in ikorodu dt askd her 2 pay #2,500! Can u kindly defend dt?
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by 234GT(m): 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
Jobberman is a scam. I applied about fifty times through them, but I never got a test invite. If they want money, they should emulate . They put good adverts in the midst of real vacancies and make cool money.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by dhardline(m): 9:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
See the name na,jobberman....jobbing Nigerians.Incase you guys at jobberman dont know,anytime i search for jobs online and i see the like n its yours i just skip to the next 1.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by dridowu: 7:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
opeawo:

I totally disagree wit u, 80% of ur advertise are FAKE, jobbermen is not differnt from dos that paste vancancy around the street.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by point45(m): 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2013
@opeawo: its either Nigerians planned to attack jobberman on nairaland or jobberman is doing something wrong. I like dis idea though, ask a question knowing what's coming, just in a desperate attempt to become relevant again. Nothing wrong with u wanting to charge for ur posts, know however that the companies u claim patronise jobberman have staff on this forum. I know humans like awoof but c'mon job listing is free everywhere else,if your premium is working fine, why bring it up? Again I ask u, I have a blog and I'm not greedy so I'd pay ur subscription to see ur jobs and post it free on my blog for traffic,how wld u address this? You actually think ur premium is working? Wow,that's taking taivety to new heights

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by wonda26(m): 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2013
Jobberman, u guys lack creativity. So you really would be glad for me to pay u just to know that a (big) company, say Nestle Nigeria, (or NNPC, or CBN) is recruiting? To hell with you guyz

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by opeawo(m): 7:36am On May 10, 2013
Obinoscopy: Hi jobberman, click on this link https://www.nairaland.com/1099660/pls-help.jobberman-created-access-link
This is not true. And it has been responded to on that thread. Its a simple affiliate link that you can use to invite other people to Jobberman. Same as you will find on Twitter and Facebook That's all. There is no direct link to your email anywhere. And take it back, Jobberman has not scammed you nor anyone and will never do. Jobberman is one of few companies that have added value to jobseekers and its got thousands of testimonials to show for it.
Re: What Do You Think About Jobberman ? by spicy4lyfe: 8:06am On May 10, 2013
@ opeawo, pls shut ur trap. Jobberman is a scammer. Ur testimonials are fake stories mostly written by those in jobberman. I subscribed for ur premium package, applied for more than 20 jobs, yet i didnt receive any invite. Bloody scammer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Workforce Massive Recruitment (100 Slots) / How To Dress For A Job Interview / I Finally Secured A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.