Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Conflict Between Family And Career. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Conflict Between Family And Career. (7776 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / Between Family And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2013
Let me contribute my 2 cents . . .

I think the boss was quite unreasonable by issuing the query to the woman. I mean the child was ill, how can a woman possibly function in the office worrying about her sick child. No matter the kind of job I do, I'll be at my child's bedside if she ever falls sick enough to be hospitalized. Even if my husband was there as well . .

Maybe she didn't follow the proper channels in taking the time off and I think she was wrong there.

I would have reported, since it was the first day of work, and then taken permission to go stay with my child!

That being said, I hate people who take advantage of their family life to slack off in their duty. It is both unprofessional and unfair to the other workers!

If you can't combine work and raising kids, then make a choice and stick to it!
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by bukatyne(f): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
greatgod2012:

this thread affect men too, since they are also involved in both family and career, but d consensus here is that.......women sacrifice more to family while men concentrate more on career, leaving d women at d forefront of family, which makes employers of labour frown at women more on their field of career.
If couples cooperate, it will be easier for them both to build their home and careers.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by bukatyne(f): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
bjcole: i guess he is busy doing domestic chores & baby siting, abi or is it not what u 21st generation ladies want, new generation dadies according to what my sister is preaching. More grease to ur elbow debrief & jidegirl, powerful women of purpose or what shd i call u, that is why to work under a woman, e get as e be. God help us.
so for a man to clean the house he stays and babysit his own babies is now a problem? Now we desperately need God's help.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by bjcole(m): 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2013
bukatyne: so for a man to clean the house he stays and babysit his own babies is now a problem? Now we desperately need God's help.
see you, how can it a problem, is it not d role God handed to him so as to fullfill ur desires, if its possible to shift d pregnancy to us, na only men 4 dey carry belle, God take dat one pass una.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
bjcole: see you, how can it a problem, is it not d role God handed to him so as to fullfill ur desires, if its possible to shift d pregnancy to us, na only men 4 dey carry belle, God take dat one pass una.

Lmao grin grin
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by bukatyne(f): 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
bjcole: see you, how can it a problem, is it not d role God handed to him so as to fullfill ur desires, if its possible to shift d pregnancy to us, na only men 4 dey carry belle, God take dat one pass una.
So God handed down a manual with who to do what in a home? Please just stop already. There are types of husbands and wives. Pick the one that suits you but God forbit I pick a husband that feels it is degrading to clean his own house and babysit his baby! grin
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by Afam4eva(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
In whatever you do, Family should be paramount above everything else.
Re: Conflict Between Family And Career. by ucever(m): 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hello, am married with kids, my wife is a working mother and a professional they have a creche at work, why not introduce such to ur employer, it can go a long way to solve issues relating to mothers
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Help Me Save My Relationship / What Or Who Influences Your Critical Decisions? / My Marriage Is Hell On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.