Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better (1577 Views)

Boarding School Or Day School / Woman Abandons Baby In Day-care (PHOTO) / Nanny Caught On Camera Slapping A 5-month-old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better by nnekaregy(f): 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
I have a three months old baby and am thinking of what to do as i need to start work. Should i take him to day care or get a nanny. I need advice from experienced mothers. Thank u.
Re: Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better by nat138: 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
Hi, congrats on your little one.I think if you can get a nanny you can trust it will be better to have the nanny for now as the little one is still too young in my opinion for day care. Ensure to get an older trusted lady preferable one with kids to look after your baby while you are at work.

2 Likes

Re: Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better by ayandee: 10:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
With nanny care, ur baby gets undivided attention and falls ill less often. However, u may have to make alternative arrangements if nanny fails to show up for one reason or d other. Also, u may find it hard leaving ur baby all alone with a stranger. There have been so many baby/nanny stories. With d daycare, ur baby gets to interact with other kids as time goes on and this helps his overall development. However kids in daycare take ill more often. My advice: search for a daycare with fewer kids and more caregivers say ratio 3kids to 1 caregiver. Ensure the surrounding and sleep areas are clean. Such daycare centres are usually costlier but nothing is too much to spend on ur child's well-being. I enrolled my son in a home creche run by a retired teacher. There were only 3kids in her home. The fee was high but d service was good. My son is in pre-school now. I discovered a nice creche recently around akoka- morris st. It's called babybloom. If u live or work around dat area u can give it a try.
Re: Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better by nnekaregy(f): 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
Thank u all.
Re: Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better by Gambrosia: 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nanny for children less than 2.
They have to come to the house! cool
Re: Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better by Mrsmansson(f): 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
Pls don't leave your helpless baby in the hands of a nanny all alone.their should be good daycares where you live or work.few babies to a teacher,well taken take of but more expensive.my friends son started at 3 months.this daycare is owned by an american married to a Nigeria.the woman is so devoted.she personally goes round and check on the teachers.well spaced rooms,good ventilation.a lot my dear.so pls start the search for a nice daycare
Re: Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better by Mrsmansson(f): 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Let me give you my story.actually I have taken like a year off to take care of my baby since her birth until she starts pre school.when my baby was 2 months old I employed a nanny.who beats up a 2months old baby?that was what she did to my baby.now how did I know.I have always wanted camera's installed in my house But my hubby keeps saying tomorrow tomorrow.I went out to a super mart one day and left my baby for my nanny.I just decided to install some voice recorders to clear my doubts.I played it when I was less busy you won't believe the beating she gave to my daughter.the number ofslaps,insults on d poor child because she refused to sleep.I stopped her immediately.so pls be wise
Re: Nanny Or Day Care Which One Is Better by JallowBah(f): 12:38am On Jan 09, 2013
First; Mrs Mansson, I am so sorry..I can not even imagine the pain and anger I would have felt if someone put their hands on my child.

Second: I am agreeing with ayandee here. When our girl was 9months, I had one of my best friends help out. She and my husband took turns on having her, and when she was about 1 year and 5months, she started kindergarden. I choosed a SMALL kindergarden, there is 5 people at work at all times, sometimes six, and 20-25 kids, from 8months up to 6 years.
I am very happy with my choice..all the kids know each other, help each other, the grown up interacts with the kids much as well.

(1) (Reply)

Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? / Fire Burnt Prostitute & Customer To Death In Delta Sex Spot - Hell Fire Straight / If These Where Your Kids, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.