Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion (18892 Views)

Woman Births Triplets In Lagos, Dies After (Photos) / Carpenter Killed By Live High Tension Wire, Wife Dies Hours After (PIC) / Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Eziachi: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
People should not make bold statement over issue they don't have all the facts. As an orthopaedic surgeon of close to 40 years I have lots of experience on this issue than most do. I know for a fact that there is no policy among Jehovah Witnesses's not to receive transfusion as a blanket law. Its down to individual and am hundred percent sure that the lady in question has taken that decision in the event like this through her verbal instruction or what we call medical life will and not by her family.

Jehovah's Witnesses based on their faith, as they perceived it from their understanding of the bible, do not take any sort of blood and in England that is respected by the law and respected by the medical profession and you do all you can for your patient, while respecting their choice of treatment, so I don't know about Nigeria.
Its the right of a patient to choose how he/she wanted to be treated and not only on transfusion by other therapies like Chemo or radiotherapy in cancer treatment. In extreme cases involving children, a judge may decide what happens over the choice made by parents, but like I said, its only in extreme cases.

As a surgeon, I will be the last person to recommend blood transfusion for anybody at will, because what most people do not realise is that transfusion kill people than it saves. I usually tell people that blood is the sewage of the body and every single event in your body goes through the blood stream. Thousands die each year through blood poisoning, hypertisis B, HIV, all through transfusion and this is in advanced countries where blood is specially treated to the highest standard. Can imagine in developing nations?

Over the last 30 years, thanks to this JW people, science had develop advance method of all sorts of non blood surgeries and this includes many hours surgeries like cardiac, brain and most complicated procedures in orthopaedic like Quadraplaty. I can tell you that Jehovah Witnesses started and developed a machine we used today called jpyt, which is a blood salvaging machine, preferred by the rich and famous today in surgeries instead transfusion. I can also tell you that the recovery period of non blood surgeries as against blood surgeries is 5-1.

I don't know what is obtained in Nigeria, but medical science has moved on so much to use non refusal of transfusion as the reason for a patient lose of life, there are many thing you can do, even in the event of severe lose of blood, e.g multiple dilution process. In 2009, the U.S army invested close to a billion dollar to perfect their field medical personal on bloodless surgeries and treatment. Because not only its safer but its very cost effective. In my opinion and when I had seen in the last few decade, we are very close to a time when no single blood will ever to use in medical science.
Jehovah Witnesses may reject transfusion based on their faith, which should be respected but I will personally refuse one based on personal safety and the science of what I knew about blood, but as a surgeon, I do give people blood, but it has never been the first resort.
One more thing, when blood is given to you, it takes at least 48 hours before it become a full part of your body mechanism, i.e if your body didn't reject it.

7 Likes

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Monzuur(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
My post on d front page of nairaland 4 d 1st fuckin tym am fuckinly happy grin
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by star4(f): 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
@eziachi so why regularly in Britain do we have the medical profession pleading with the public to please give blood??

I know for a fact that blood isn't just used for transfusions. Platelets from donated blood are used for example with birthing mothers and during pregnancy for anti D injections to save babies in their mothers womb. I wonder what a JW stand there would be?

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Eziachi: 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
~vicky~:
Blood Transfusion confusion!! angry
Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine allows of liver transplant but not the blood that is in it.
Reasonable points are raised about bloodless alternatives during ELECTIVE scheduled surgery. However, bloodless alternatives are no substitute for blood transfusions when there has already been massive loss of blood volume, as occurs in accidents and trauma leading to sudden blood loss.

They believe that life is sacred to God therefore blood is sacred because it represents and symbolizes life. Jehovah's Witnesses put a higher value on blood than they do life.

Which is more sacred? The symbol or that which it symbolizes?
No blood dogma does get people killed!
well that's their doctrine though!

As a doctor of many years of experience and orthopaedic surgeon, your statements above is not only false but has no basic medical fact. As I mentioned in my first post, there are many things a good and well skilled doctor can do even when there is even a severe loss of blood. As an orthopaedic surgeon, I treats hundreds of auto accident victims each year that had lost 70 percent of their blood. A male blood count is counted to a measure of 15 and female 14. A male can still live when it down to 2 and female 3.
Last year I operated on a Sierra Leon guy that was severely hurt during their war but now living in England as a refugee. The procedure lasted almost 8 hours, he is a member of this religion and refused transfusion. We did our best for him as his blood count went down up to 1.9 but he survived.

There are things you can do before and after the surgery, like the use of certain drug that boost the red blood cell increase up to 60%, like EPO. There certain food that can boost your blood count more than you realise, a simple fruit like Apricot, fig etc are wonderful. I had this experience once, as a visiting doctor in Owerri in 1989, were a doctor half hearted in treating a patient because she refused transfusion. In fact, his attitude was like, he wanted the lady to die , just to prove a point and I was mad with rage and I made my feeling not only known to him but to those he works for.
I will not be surprise if its not common in Nigeria, where religion is the opium of everything people do. A doctor based on his own religious conviction, may find fault with the JW people and will not do his job properly, just to prove the patient and family wrong. I can easily see that happening.

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Eziachi: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
star*:
@eziachi so why regularly in Britain do we have the medical profession pleading with the public to please give blood??

I know for a fact that blood isn't just used for transfusions. Platelets from donated blood are used for example with birthing mothers and during pregnancy for anti D injections to save babies in their mothers womb. I wonder what a JW stand there would be?
Because that is a standard British medical procedure, the same way we plead that people sign up to donate their organs. It doesn't mean there are no transfusion alternatives. As regards platelets, there are now synthetic platelets, which I had used personally with JW as a pre-op therapy.
Like I said before, we are very close now to a total non transfusion medicine, just as we are hoping for stems cell research to get to its peak, when there will be no need for organ donation.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Eziachi: 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Monzuur: My post on d front page of nairaland 4 d 1st fuckin tym am fuckinly happy grin
You must slaughter a goat today. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. well done though, you seemed chuffed.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by star4(f): 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Eziachi:
Because that is a standard British medical procedure, the same way we plead that people sign up to donate their organs. It doesn't mean there are no transfusion alternatives. As regards platelets, there are now synthetic platelets, which I had used personally with JW as a pre-op therapy.
Like I said before, we are very close now to a total non transfusion medicine, just as we are hoping for stems cell research to get to its peak, when there will be no need for organ donation.

Really? research is close? How close are you talking? Please! Organ and blood donation is still at critical levels in the uk! People are dying everyday waiting for organs. Do you work for the nhs? Are you aware what financial crisis they're in? What levels of extra money will it take for funding all these 'artificial' organs and platelets?

Also more serious moral questions are being raised with stem cell research., growing human fertilised eggs in petri dishes to get the DNA used for growing organs.

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by freshdew: 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
eagle,eye:
Wait ooh. Is this man not supposed to be the Woman's Next of Kin.... why should the authority of Jehova witness family or any other family superceed that of the hubby... I tire for some people.
RIP madam.
the woman has "A DPA,DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR HEALTH CARE"card.The content of that document makes it practically impossible for the medical personel to administer blood on her wish.if the hospital tries that,they are in trouble.the card is very expressive and legally weighty,whether she is conscious or not.this believe is based on Acts 15:28,29. For more info visit www.jw.org.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
Eziachi:

As a doctor of many years of experience and orthopaedic surgeon, your statements above is not only false but has no basic medical fact. As I mentioned in my first post, there are many things a good and well skilled doctor can do even when there is even a severe loss of blood. As an orthopaedic surgeon, I treats hundreds of auto accident victims each year that had lost 70 percent of their blood. A male blood count is counted to a measure of 15 and female 14. A male can still live when it down to 2 and female 3.
Last year I operated on a Sierra Leon guy that was severely hurt during their war but now living in England as a refugee. The procedure lasted almost 8 hours, he is a member of this religion and refused transfusion. We did our best for him as his blood count went down up to 1.9 but he survived.

There are things you can do before and after the surgery, like the use of certain drug that boost the red blood cell increase up to 60%, like EPO. There certain food that can boost your blood count more than you realise, a simple fruit like Apricot, fig etc are wonderful. I had this experience once, as a visiting doctor in Owerri in 1989, were a doctor half hearted in treating a patient because she refused transfusion. In fact, his attitude was like, he wanted the lady to die , just to prove a point and I was mad with rage and I made my feeling not only known to him but to those he works for.
I will not be surprise if its not common in Nigeria, where religion is the opium of everything people do. A doctor based on his own religious conviction, may find fault with the JW people and will not do his job properly, just to prove the patient and family wrong. I can easily see that happening.

Wow, what a dangerous message you are preaching. EPO for acute massive blood loss? Apricots and figs? How long does these take to start producing effect, isn't it weeks? Is there any medical therapy without risks? Even simple water can kill, drink too much and you can get seizures and die! You are now teaching everyone here to wait till their hemoglobin is less than 2 before accepting blood? Anyway, people have the liberty to listen to what they like, it is the coffin makers and mortuary owners that will profit.

Bottom line, we still don't have a perfect alternative to blood, it saves lives when needed. The only part I agree with you is that the decision to give blood should not be taken lightly. In terms of risks of blood, yes there are risks, but so are there with every other medical intervention including EPO!

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
freshdew: the woman has "A DPA,DURABLE POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR HEALTH CARE"card.The content of that document makes it practically impossible for the medical personel to administer blood on her wish.if the hospital tries that,they are in trouble.the card is very expressive and legally weighty,whether she is conscious or not.this believe is based on Acts 15:28,29. For more info visit www.jw.org.

Not according to this post she didn't. Assuming it's true.

chioma134: This is what happened. Wife rejected blood transfusion while still conscious. Later became unconscious. Husband signed a letter authorizing transfusion. But wife's relatives refused,saying he had no right. Her next of kin was their 2yr old baby who could not take that decision. Woman died while they were still arguing.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Pelumiv(m): 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
The bottom line is to each their own. simple like 1234.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by profeoo(m): 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
pgiddy: I rily don't lik arguing abt the word of God,bt I can't jez stand dis missinterpretation of the Bible.Acts 15:29 says"That ye abstain from meats offered to idols,and from blood, and from things strangled,and from fornication:from which if ye keep yourselves,ye shall do well.Fare ye well".What dis means is that we should avoid eating anything that contains Blood because blood is life,as a warning to dose dat believe in eating human beings or drinking of blood,if u read d whole of chpter 15,paul was speaking to the gentiles,who had various believes,dats why he said in the preceeding verse that"For it seemed good to the holyghost and to us to lay upon you no greater BURDEN than these necessary things".and looking @ the latter part of dat verse,"if ye keep yourselves, we shall do well" how will I die cos am refusing blood transfusion mean that I shall do well.is premature death the will of God? When my bible tells me dat I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health. So why will God now be happy to see us suffering and eventually dying, when he has provided all things. Remember the bible says he that knowest the right thing and doesn't do it is guilty." Then if I should go by ur own interpretation of the bible, why do you put on trousers as a lady,wouldn't that be a sin since it is written in Deut 22vs5.or isaiah 3vs 23 dat talks about we as xtians not to put on GLASSES,den why do you pple wear recommended glaasses, you shld wait now till all of una go blind, rubbissh.pls stop misinterpreting God's word.Cos someone tells you something doesn't mean you shld jez accept it lik dat.
. Glasses ke? My guy read yr bible again cos isaiah 3 : 23 was talking abt d proud daughters of zion dat their beauty will be lost from them cos of their being haughty. To d mata @ hand, d woman had explicitly stated ħèr wishes in t̶̲̥̅̊
п̥̥
× durable power of attorney (DPA) and such wishes must be respected;inclusive was ħèr refusal of blood transfusion. Jehovahs witnesses uphold d command in the bible nt to eat blood nor inject it into d body. Worldwide,there are thousands of doctors wЂό̲̣̣̣̥
are nt witnesses bt still perform non blood surgeries wit beta outcome. Kudos to the witnesses for making the truth known and thus free âƖōŧ of ppl from unwanted diseases.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Sarahsmart: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
She has simply obeyed her creator.lev 7.26,acts 15.20,21.she was never forced.bsides hw sure are u that taking that blood would have saved her life?do u not know that most of this blood are not properly screned.she did the right thing,there are lots of complications in blood transfutions.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by loswhite(m): 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Religious beliefs r difficult to change
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
Eziachi:

thanks man, it hurts me when people vent thier anger out of ignorance or sentiments.
ALL OVER THE WORLD, JEHOVAHS WITNESSES ARE KNOWN FOR REFUSING BLOOD TRANSFUSION OUT OF RESPECT FOR OUR CREATORS COMMAND. DOCTORS ALL OVER THE WORLD CAN ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT TRANSFUSION ALTERNATIVES ARE NOT JUST SAFER BUT ARE AND SHOULD BE THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR NOT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BUT FOR ALL OF US.

MY MUM HAD A FATAL ACCIDENT LAST AUGUST AND LOST VIRTUALLY ALL HER BLOOD, YET SHE REJECTED TRANSFUSION,SHE WAS IN THE THEATER FOR FOUR DIFFERENT OCCASIONS , YET TODAY SHE IS NOT ONLY SAFE, BUT HALE AND HEARTY.

ITS HIGH TIME AS INDIVIDUALS , WE START ACCORDING JEHOVAH THE RESPECT AND UNALLOYED OBEDIENCE THAT HE AND ONLY HE DESRVE, Y DO WE ONLY OBEY GOD, WHEN IT IS CONVENIENCE FOR US? FOR MORE ABOUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES AND THEIR BELIEF, VISIT WWW. JW.ORG

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Landflight4eva(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
I,m shocked to hear some xtians advocating d blood of human to save them during Illness..i wondering where is d blood of Jesus...an actress died last last week even though she accepted blood transfussion...what can u say about that...human blood to some extent is like a fingerprint...if u as a xtian believe in d saving power of JESUS'S BLOOD,Then its a pagan ritual on yur FAITH to take in another person'blood to save yur Inperfect Life...people will die wether they take blood or not

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Landflight4eva(m): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
As a christian it is only d blood of Jesus that should save life not of any sinful human,moreso its more of a pagan ritual to take another person's blood apart from that of lord jesus.if u xtian u will understand,an an actress died last week even though she took blood transfussion
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by profeoo(m): 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Eziachi: People should not make bold statement over issue they don't have all the facts. As an orthopaedic surgeon of close to 40 years I have lots of experience on this issue than most do. I know for a fact that there is no policy among Jehovah Witnesses's not to receive transfusion as a blanket law. Its down to individual and am hundred percent sure that the lady in question has taken that decision in the event like this through her verbal instruction or what we call medical life will and not by her family.

Jehovah's Witnesses based on their faith, as they perceived it from their understanding of the bible, do not take any sort of blood and in England that is respected by the law and respected by the medical profession and you do all you can for your patient, while respecting their choice of treatment, so I don't know about Nigeria.
Its the right of a patient to choose how he/she wanted to be treated and not only on transfusion by other therapies like Chemo or radiotherapy in cancer treatment. In extreme cases involving children, a judge may decide what happens over the choice made by parents, but like I said, its only in extreme cases.

As a surgeon, I will be the last person to recommend blood transfusion for anybody at will, because what most people do not realise is that transfusion kill people than it saves. I usually tell people that blood is the sewage of the body and every single event in your body goes through the blood stream. Thousands die each year through blood poisoning, hypertisis B, HIV, all through transfusion and this is in advanced countries where blood is specially treated to the highest standard. Can imagine in developing nations?

Over the last 30 years, thanks to this JW people, science had develop advance method of all sorts of non blood surgeries and this includes many hours surgeries like cardiac, brain and most complicated procedures in orthopaedic like Quadraplaty. I can tell you that Jehovah Witnesses started and developed a machine we used today called jpyt, which is a blood salvaging machine, preferred by the rich and famous today in surgeries instead transfusion. I can also tell you that the recovery period of non blood surgeries as against blood surgeries is 5-1.

I don't know what is obtained in Nigeria, but medical science has moved on so much to use non refusal of transfusion as the reason for a patient lose of life, there are many thing you can do, even in the event of severe lose of blood, e.g multiple dilution process. In 2009, the U.S army invested close to a billion dollar to perfect their field medical personal on bloodless surgeries and treatment. Because not only its safer but its very cost effective. In my opinion and when I had seen in the last few decade, we are very close to a time when no single blood will ever to use in medical science.
Jehovah Witnesses may reject transfusion based on their faith, which should be respected but I will personally refuse one based on personal safety and the science of what I knew about blood, but as a surgeon, I do give people blood, but it has never been the first resort.
One more thing, when blood is given to you, it takes at least 48 hours before it become a full part of your body mechanism, i.e if your body didn't reject it.
. Gracias! This is actually from a non-witness. Case closed. Gbam!
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by vizion: 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Monzuur: [One Mr. Emmanuel Timothy has accused his wife of being responsible for his wife’s death.

The late Mrs Grace Emmanuel died on Monday after rejecting blood transfusion at the National Hospital in Abuja.

The aggrieved husband in an interview disclosed that his wife died “because her Jehovah Witness family rejected blood transfusion…they refused to consent to her having a blood transfusion.”

According to Timothy, his wife after having had a complicated miscarriage was made to undergo a surgery which further resulted into complications.

He said “When she complained of serious stomach ache, we rushed her to the National Hospital where the doctor said her stomach had to be flushed. But, before the flushing, they said she needed blood transfusion because she had already lost such much blood. However, she did not get the blood transfusion because her religion and family forbid blood transfusion. Over our dead body, it is better she dies than for her to take another person’s blood, they said to me.”

Timothy Emmanuel stated that he would be pressing charges against his late wife’s family.

“I have to press charges because they prevented my wife from receiving blood transfusion.

Until her death, the late Mrs Emmanuel was a police corporal assigned to the Wuse Zone 3 Police Division, Abuja.

He is the husband, how come he needed the Parents consent for the blood transfusion, who calls the shot in his home, this man should be charged with criminal negligence.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by star4(f): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
prof e.o.o:
. Gracias! This is actually from a non-witness. Case closed. Gbam!

What because he said he's a surgeon?

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by star4(f): 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
Landflight4eva: I,m shocked to hear some xtians advocating d blood of human to save them during Illness..i wondering where is d blood of Jesus...an actress died last last week even though she accepted blood transfussion...what can u say about that...human blood to some extent is like a fingerprint...if u as a xtian believe in d saving power of JESUS'S BLOOD,Then its a pagan ritual on yur FAITH to take in another person'blood to save yur Inperfect Life...people will die wether they take blood or not

Oh dear. Christians who use blood donation to survive are doing 'pagan' rituals. Honestly?! undecided

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by profeoo(m): 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
star*:

What because he said he's a surgeon?
Ï suppose he is nt a witness nt because he is a surgeon. 9ce to meet u anyway!
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by joboy834: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ careemy. There are several departments in the police force, the fact that she was in the NPF does not mean that she carried arms, she could be an admin officer or secretary in the police force, she could even be in the IT department or any other department where the carrying of arms is not needed in any way, so your are wrong by assuming that as long as she was in the police force she was carrying arms hence violating the Bible principles.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
victorD3:

But do you know at all that a patient has the right to accept or refuse any form of treatment to be administered to her, and where the patient is unconscious the family reserves the right to do so?
Jehovah's witnesses move everywhere with a medical form warning medical personnels no to administer blood on them in case of emergency. So a law suit will be just another waste of time and probably resources

Did you understand a word of what I posted? How is what you said different from my post that you quoted?
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by star4(f): 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
prof e.o.o:

Ï suppose he is nt a witness nt because he is a surgeon. 9ce to meet u anyway!

Oh I see. He's not a witness and because you agreed with him the case is closed. Silly me! Here was me thinking it was because he said he was a medical man therefore his opinion over ruled!

Did we meet??

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by profeoo(m): 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
star*:

Oh I see. He's not a witness and because you agreed with him the case is closed. Silly me! Here was me thinking it was because he said he was a medical man therefore his opinion over ruled!

Did we meet??
. Yep! interacting online lyk this,we're sure meeting. lolz
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by star4(f): 10:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
prof e.o.o:
. Yep! interacting online lyk this,we're sure meeting. lolz

Ok well pleased to meet you prof e.o.o smiley

1 Like

Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by profeoo(m): 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
star*:

Ok well pleased to meet you prof e.o.o smiley
. welcome sis ...star?
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by uchedydy: 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
~vicky~:
Blood Transfusion confusion!! angry
Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine allows a liver transplant but not the blood that is in it.
Reasonable points are raised about bloodless alternatives during ELECTIVE scheduled surgery. However, bloodless alternatives are no substitute for blood transfusions when there has already been massive loss of blood volume, as occurs in accidents and trauma leading to sudden blood loss.

They believe that life is sacred to God therefore blood is sacred because it represents and symbolizes life. Jehovah's Witnesses put a higher value on blood than they do life.

Which is more sacred? The symbol or that which it symbolizes?
No blood dogma does get people killed!
well that's their doctrine though!

I GET BOTHERD WEN I SEE PEOPLE WHO INSTEAD OF MAKING A DEFENSE FOR WAT THEY BELIEVE, CHOOSE TO ATTACK OTHERS WITOUT BASES....GO THROUGH THIS THREAD AND READ THE BIBLE PASSAGES WITOUT BIAS AND SEE WAT SENSE U CAN MAKE OF IT..SO BAD PEOPLE JUST ATTACK JWs EVEN WEN THEY PROVE IT FROM THE BIBLE...INSTEAD OF QUOTING URS FROM THE BIBLE..U R TUKING ABT LIVER AND SORTS...ANSWER ME ..IS LIVER BLOOD? OR IS UR HAND BLOOD?....NOT SURPRISED...JOHN THE BAPTIST CAME, DID NOT EAT AND DRINK..PEOPLE SAID HE HAD A DEMON....JESUS CAME ATE AND DRANK..THE SAID HE WAS A GLUTTON....IF THEY DDNT BELIEVE JESUS, IS IT JWs THEY WILL BELIEVE...BUT THE TRUTH IS, A FEW STILL LISTEN, JUST LIKE A FEW LISTEN TO JESUS....CHIKINA.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by uchedydy: 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
pgiddy: I rily don't lik arguing abt the word of God,bt I can't jez stand dis missinterpretation of the Bible.Acts 15:29 says"That ye abstain from meats offered to idols,and from blood, and from things strangled,and from fornication:from which if ye keep yourselves,ye shall do well.Fare ye well".What dis means is that we should avoid eating anything that contains Blood because blood is life,as a warning to dose dat believe in eating human beings or drinking of blood,if u read d whole of chpter 15,paul was speaking to the gentiles,who had various believes,dats why he said in the preceeding verse that"For it seemed good to the holyghost and to us to lay upon you no greater BURDEN than these necessary things".and looking @ the latter part of dat verse,"if ye keep yourselves, we shall do well" how will I die cos am refusing blood transfusion mean that I shall do well.is premature death the will of God? When my bible tells me dat I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health. So why will God now be happy to see us suffering and eventually dying, when he has provided all things. Remember the bible says he that knowest the right thing and doesn't do it is guilty." Then if I should go by ur own interpretation of the bible, why do you put on trousers as a lady,wouldn't that be a sin since it is written in Deut 22vs5.or isaiah 3vs 23 dat talks about we as xtians not to put on glasses,den why do you pple wear recommended glaasses, you shld wait now till all of una go blind, rubbissh.pls stop misinterpreting God's word.Cos someone tells you something doesn't mean you shld jez accept it lik dat.

I APPRECIATE UR COMMENT, HOWEVER, IS NOT JST EXACTLY AS U SAID...U GOT IT WRONG..KINDLY CHAT WIT JWs THE NEXT TYM THEY COME NEAR U...I STAY IN PORT HARCOURT AND WOULD WANT TO CONTACT U...IF U STAY IN PH AND WANT US TO MEET AND TUK ABT DS...PLZ EMAIL ME UR FONE NUMBER...uchedydy@yahoo.com. OR TUK TO ANY JW...THEY WILL BE VERY WILLING TO TUK TO U ABT THE BIBLE.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by uchedydy: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
heykims: If d bible forbids donation nd reception of blood, den d bible condemns d agent dt carries out ds act, d medical practitioners, nurses.
Therefore, here comes d question:
Is d bible against orthodox medicine dt advocates blood transfusion when indicated?
Can a Jehovah witness ever become a medical doctor who will have to transfuse patients when deemed, an act which they believe is against biblical teaching??

A WITNESS CAN BE A DOCTOR..WE V MANY ...BT A TRUE WITNESS DOCTOR WUD NOT GIVE BLOOD TRANSFUSSION. INSTEAD WUD CONCENTRATE ON BLOOD TRANSFUSION ALTERNATIVES WHICH RESEARCH HAS SHOWN WORKS BETA THAN THE SO CALLED BLOOD TRANSFUSION.
Re: Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion by uchedydy: 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Eziachi: People should not make bold statement over issue they don't have all the facts. As an orthopaedic surgeon of close to 40 years I have lots of experience on this issue than most do. I know for a fact that there is no policy among Jehovah Witnesses's not to receive transfusion as a blanket law. Its down to individual and am hundred percent sure that the lady in question has taken that decision in the event like this through her verbal instruction or what we call medical life will and not by her family.

EDUCATING AND EXPOSITORY...TNX DOCTOR.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rebuilding A Relationship After An Affair / Words From A Father To His Son About Women And Marriage / Dont You Think Your Family Need This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.