Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher (12182 Views)

10 Signs Of A Prosperity Gospel That Actually Makes You Poor / Prosperity Preacher / Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by meziboi(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dats y i love my pst Lazarus Muoka....he wil preach abt sin and tell u to stop them.then u wil see if God wil not bless u."Grt tins happened @ the jst concluded program MGBIDI 2013".
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Lordlexy: 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ignorant of God's word will be d destruction of many. First, God is never against prosperity, infact he is d originator of it n 4 anyone 2 speak against it shows lack of knowledge which is not an excuse itself. Secondly, there's absolutely no preacher that will substitute holiness 4 prosperity, in order word, preachers tells u, u can't prosper without being right with God, and thirdly, prosperity is God's ordained principle 4 d propagation of d gospel, hence d emphasy on it.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
sammaking: Ruubbish post. By an Ignorant poster who will soon 'perish' 4 Lack of Knowledge.
Is GOD not a Prosperity God?

Look 4 somthing else to Identidy your Fake Prophet because God has never been agaist PROSPERITY

You're a celestial kill-joy... An ignorant ignoramus...
Go get a big concave lens and read my post again.

1 Like

Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Ishilove: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
acidosis™:

hmmm...am glad you moved out, Ishilove.. smiley and I guess you've found a better place
My friend how you dey? E be like sey our quarrel don finish, ba? grin
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
Goshen360:

Sure this is you? shocked
haba..bro wetin i talk bad..?
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Ishilove: 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
acidosis™:

hmmm...am glad you moved out, Ishilove.. smiley and I guess you've found a better place
Yes o. The church isn't perfect but its a deliverance ministry where they preach holiness and righteousness as of the days of the ancient apostles. smiley
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Ishilove: 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
kels on point: rapture is round the "Conner"

CorNer! CORNER, for goodness sakes!!! angry

undecided
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
@goshen..it is not as if these prosperity gospelers never opened my eyes to some fundamental scriptural truths..but the way and manner they hinged on prosperity and occultics practices..hence promoting doctrines of demons is what am against.they may have started well but they lost it along the way..you can see them buying lands and building monuments everywhere.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ishilove:
My friend how you dey? E be like sey our quarrel don finish, ba? grin
lol grin I dey oo, good & bouncing! smiley we fight before? i nor remember oo smiley
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by goodmike7: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
TO THOSE THAT DONT BELIEVE IN PROSPERITY PREACHERS MAY PROSPERITY BE FAR FROM YOU.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by quimbi(f): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
[/b][b]
Techwriter: Anyone who calls Pst David Ogbueli a prosperity preacher either has not listened to him or does not understand the balance of the Gospel. Prosperity is part of the Gospel like the OP rightly pointed out it becomes a problem when it becomes the Focus instead of a fringe benefit.

[size=18pt]Heresy is over-emphasizing one truth at the expense of another truth [/size]
Dats true.did u read "The Joy of Trusting God?"
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
YuzedoII: @ OP: Are you calling Chris Oyakhilome, Matthew Ashimolowo, Sign Fireman, Ayo Oritsejafor, David Oyedepo, David Ogbueli, Enoch Adeboye, etc "a prosperity preachers"?! shocked
and Jesus told Pilate "...... u urself has said it"
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Ishilove: 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
acidosis™:

lol grin I dey oo, good & bouncing! smiley we fight before? i nor remember oo smiley
smiley
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ishilove:
Yes o. The church isn't perfect but its a deliverance ministry where they preach holiness and righteousness as of the days of the ancient apostles. smiley
wow! smiley I'll love to be there... can I get the address? (pm) smiley
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ishilove:
smiley
hmm... smiley how have you been?
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
Gerrout confused soul
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by OmolodMilkman93(m): 1:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Sunnycliff:
This is the best post i have come across in NL dis year
d yr jst dey start oh, beta tins dey cme
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by goodmike7: 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2013
Richieboyn: Please am new here, how do I post a comment?

how did you post this one
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
goodmike7: TO THOSE THAT DONT BELIEVE IN PROSPERITY PREACHERS MAY PROSPERITY BE FAR FROM YOU.
grin grin

I do not believe in prosperity preachers... I believe in GOD smiley
Now are your prosperity preachers bigger than the ancient of days (GOD) who asked us to seek (first & only) the kingdom of God

abeg save your celestial incantations... you do not need a preacher to get wealth.. go and ask Dangote and other wealthy non-believers..

SEEK 1st THE KINGDOM OF GOD!!
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by goodmike7: 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2013
@poster,
what was your intention for a thread like this in the first place?so you want a pastor to preach what?all the pastors that preaches prosperity are on course because its God that maketh rich,abi na devil ni? Deut.8:18 "I giveth thee power to get wealth"what is wrong with you people here sef? Jesus while on earth never lacked,did you see him visiting any poor man,search your scriptures and tell me one poor man's house he stayed,he was rich he is the giver of prosperity.

dont go there make una nor remain poor,so a pastor should be riding bicycles while unbelievers fly private jets abi?

God punish una
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by jamngr84(m): 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
goodmike7: TO THOSE THAT DONT BELIEVE IN PROSPERITY PREACHERS MAY PROSPERITY BE FAR FROM YOU.
MY GUY bible no teach us to believe in prosperity preachers but instead in the word of God so we may not be lost forever. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by miredia(m): 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
sammaking:

'The Gold is mine the Silver is mine' 'the Cattles on a thousand hill is mine'

'The Earth is the Lords n the Fullness thereof'

God made Abraham suphier aboundantly rich in 'ALL' things n promise to make to make his children inherit these BLESSINGs.

The Idea of being a pooper b4 serving God is of the Devil n not God.

'Come unto me all ye that Labour n are heavy laden and I wil Giv u Rest'

U can not owe ya Landlord n Hav rest.

When u above al things sincerely GO to God he wil giv u REST of ALL THINGs

It is Gods wish n desire that u PROSPER n be in health.

Call ya Fake Prophetz GREEDY n SELFISH, not PROSPERITY PREACHER for a NON greedy n selfish man Preachese Prosperity he's inline wth Gods Perfect will.

I pray that u receive Wisdom n understanding of God to have these perfectly Clear to u.
sir, no one said you must be a pauper to serve God but on the contrary instill a culture of contentment and Thanksgiving. I repeat again heaven concerns itself more on your spirit than body. A spade shouldn't be called a big spoon
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by jamngr84(m): 2:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
goodmike7: @poster,
what was your intention for a thread like this in the first place?so you want a pastor to preach what?all the pastors that preaches prosperity are on course because its God that maketh rich,abi na devil ni? Deut.8:18 "I giveth thee power to get wealth"what is wrong with you people here sef? Jesus while on earth never lacked,did you see him visiting any poor man,search your scriptures and tell me one poor man's house he stayed,he was rich he is the giver of prosperity.

dont go there make una nor remain poor,so a pastor should be riding bicycles while unbelievers fly private jets abi?

God punish una
if u say this then y did The bible say Matthew 19:16-24 (New International Version)
Page Options
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email

<<
<
=
=
>
>>

Show resources
Add parallel
Matthew 19:23

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
so if you must post facts then insert from d scriptures
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by miredia(m): 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
Lordlexy: Ignorant of God's word will be d destruction of many. First, God is never against prosperity, infact he is d originator of it n 4 anyone 2 speak against it shows lack of knowledge which is not an excuse itself. Secondly, there's absolutely no preacher that will substitute holiness 4 prosperity, in order word, preachers tells u, u can't prosper without being right with God, and thirdly, prosperity is God's ordained principle 4 d propagation of d gospel, hence d emphasy on it.
uncle, destruction as you put it transcends not having abundant money but loosing your soul to hell eternally
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by aletheia(m): 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
sammaking:
'The Gold is mine the Silver is mine' 'the Cattles on a thousand hill is mine'
'The Earth is the Lords n the Fullness thereof'
God made Abraham super aboundantly rich in 'ALL' things n promise to make to make his children inherit these BLESSINGs.
The Idea of being a pooper b4 serving God is of the Devil n not God.
'Come unto me all ye that Labour n are heavy laden and I wil Giv u Rest'
U can not owe ya Landlord n Hav rest.
When u above al things sincerely GO to God he wil giv u REST of ALL THINGs
It is Gods wish n desire that u PROSPER n be in health.
Call ya Fake Prophetz GREEDY n SELFISH, not PROSPERITY PREACHER for a NON greedy n selfish man Preachese Prosperity he's inline wth Gods Perfect will.
I pray that u receive Wisdom n understanding of God to have these perfectly Clear to u.
^
At the very least, learn to write proper English.

1. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1Ti 6:6-11

2. And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
Mar 4:19

3. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mat 19:24

1 Like

Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Goshen360(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
Bidam: @goshen..it is not as if these prosperity gospelers never opened my eyes to some fundamental scriptural truths..but the way and manner they hinged on prosperity and occultics practices..hence promoting doctrines of demons is what am against.they may have started well but they lost it along the way..you can see them buying lands and building monuments everywhere.

Bidam: haba..bro wetin i talk bad..?

What you said isn't bad at all. In fact, you said the bible truth. I was surprised because I 'used to think' you are treading their ways since you mostly defend them sometimes. I might be mistaken though but yours is a gospel and kingdom truth - "they are building monument and not the kingdom".
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by alexleo(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
Kwambe: 3 John 2 KJV: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest PROSPER and be in HEALTH, even as thy soul PROSPERETH

And how will their soul prosper when they are being fed with rubbish? When every sermon topic is money. Check the posters of today's crusade and see the theme. If they are not talking about money, they are talking about witches and wizard or one enemy in their office or neighbourhood pursuing them.
Here are examples of such crusade titles-
1. That witch must die.
2. My blood is bitter.
3. Una no go see me.
4. My enemies go hear nwii.
5. Operation wipe them out.
6. Holy Ghost fire pursue them.
7. Who caged my destiny?
8. This nonsense must stop.
9. The battle line is drawn.
10. Satan, go siddon for gutter.

Just to mention but a few. And of course you can add the ones you know too. This people have been tarnishing the image of the gospel but God will deliver the people they have deceived and deliver them too.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by miredia(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
aletheia:
^
At the very least, learn to write proper English.

1. But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1Ti 6:6-11

2. And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
Mar 4:19

3. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mat 19:24
succintly put together, anymore deviations from this or bogus inquiries is simply strife related.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by miredia(m): 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2013
alexleo:

And how will their soul prosper when they are being fed with rubbish? When every sermon topic is money. Check the posters of today's crusade and see the theme. If they are not talking about money, they are talking about witches and wizard or one enemy in their office or neighbourhood pursuing them.
Here are examples of such crusade titles-
1. That witch must die.
2. My blood is bitter.
3. Una no go see me.
4. My enemies go hear nwii.
5. Operation wipe them out.
6. Holy Ghost fire pursue them.
7. Who caged my destiny?
8. This nonsense must stop.
9. The battle line is drawn.
10. Satan, go siddon for gutter.

Just to mention but a few. And of course you can add the ones you know too. This people have been tarnishing the image of the gospel but God will deliver the people they have deceived and deliver them too.
. Your list is epic grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
Goshen360:

What you said isn't bad at all. In fact, you said the bible truth. I was surprised because I 'used to think' you are treading their ways since you mostly defend them sometimes. I might be mistaken though but yours is a gospel and kingdom truth - "they are building monument and not the kingdom".
lol..by paying my tithes abi? Anyway we have argued about it here...and i strongly believe tithing is scriptural..u guys might not agree but since u believe in givings i don't ave a prob with that..it is between u and God.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by illuminutty: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2013
Prosperity preachers tend to live lavish lifestyles with fancy cars, large houses, expensive clothes. Jesus did not do this.

Jesus rode on horses and boats and those were very expensive means of transportation that time.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by alexleo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
meziboi: Dats y i love my pst Lazarus Muoka....he wil preach abt sin and tell u to stop them.then u wil see if God wil not bless u."Grt tins happened @ the jst concluded program MGBIDI 2013".

And you people seem to idolize your Pastor Mouka and that your tattered looking lemon colour apron that you wear as if they are God. Its still the same rubbish that we are talking about here. See how satan has caged you people with such idolatery. Dont even talk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Keys In Serving God Consistently / What Is The Theme Of 2023 In Your Church / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.