Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher (12183 Views)

10 Signs Of A Prosperity Gospel That Actually Makes You Poor / Prosperity Preacher / Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by alexleo(m): 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2013
Vanneni: We can not ive God Righteousness and Holiness. We obtain these things from Him.

You give your heart to God. You give your all to him. Thats why that song says- "All to Jesus i surrender, all to him i freely give".
It is when you surrender all to him that he does the work of grace in you which is salvation.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 09, 2013
alexleo:

You give your heart to God. You give your all to him. Thats why that song says- "All to Jesus i surrender, all to him i freely give".
It is when you surrender all to him that he does the work of grace in you which is salvation.
what are u sayin? She is right you know..we cannot give God holiness and righteousness..we obtain those attributes from Him..abi no be the same bible we dey read again?
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 09, 2013
like prosperity preachers like congregation, i cant imagine myself in such a gathering for one full service. i grew up in a holy holy church, in a sunday we rather preach holiness and emphasis on righteous life just the way these ones preach and pray about prosperity. we believe those things will follow us when all righteousness is fulfilled.

my hubby never pray for prosperity, he will rather say stupidity and lack of discipline tends to poverty, if he hears a pastor preach it for one sunday and the next he is hearing the same he know its time to say bye bye to that church, that was then sha, his feet is planted now by His grace.

some who condemn this preachers self are found to be guilty, you dont need a pastor to preach to you before doing what is right, study the Word, pray to God for direction, live a holy life void of offence to God and man, read proverb this January and learn wisdom, guide your ways and weigh them upon the Word of God, if by your daily activity you notice where you have faulted, make it right with God if its a sin against God and with man if you have offended any man, by this you will find yourself living the life worthy of praises. dont lie down and close the day until every wrong is right, above all, God's Grace issufficient for us.

we will make it to heaven in Jesus name.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Candour(m): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=frosbel]@Candour

It is important to expose these false prophets for the following reasons :

1. This is a media tool that can be used to reach a sizable portion of Christians who in turn can reach others, and by multiplication reach larger numbers than individual effort on a physical basis.

2. I have met a sizable number of disillusioned Christians who have been let down by the institutions they once trusted and are now utterly confused , including family members.

3. Some of us are victims of this system and almost had our faith derailed by the falsehoods they preached.

4. New convert in Christ MUST be pointed back to Christ and not to MEN who have ruined the faith of thousands.

5. To keep quiet on these critical matters is almost becoming complicit in the deception.

6. It is a duty and our duty for that matter , to rescue not only ourselves , but those who are tinkering with false prophesies, visions and dreams , using such to form the foundation of their faith and not the word of GOD

[b]7. To preach 5% lies and 95% truth is even more dangerous than preaching 100% LIE.
[/b]
8. Atheists and those of other or no faith , previously had the impression that all Christians believed in this madness, many were once Christian and left because of the increased lies been told in the name of Christ.

@frosbel, i see your point particularly about point 7 above but i just think we should be careful not to uproot the tender wheat plants when our aim is to eliminate the tares.

God bless you brother
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by alexleo(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2013
Bidam: what are u sayin? She is right you know..we cannot give God holiness and righteousness..we obtain those attributes from Him..abi no be the same bible we dey read again?

Yeah she is right and i followed it up to mention what we give to God.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2013
Candour:
[quote author=frosbel]@Candour
It is important to expose these false prophets for the
following reasons :
1. This is a media tool that can be used to reach a
sizable portion of Christians who in turn can reach
others, and by multiplication reach larger numbers
than individual effort on a physical basis.
2. I have met a sizable number of disillusioned
Christians who have been let down by the
institutions they once trusted and are now utterly
confused , including family members.
3. Some of us are victims of this system and almost
had our faith derailed by the falsehoods they
preached.
4. New convert in Christ MUST be pointed back to
Christ and not to MEN who have ruined the faith of
thousands.
5. To keep quiet on these critical matters is almost
becoming complicit in the deception.
6. It is a duty and our duty for that matter , to
rescue not only ourselves , but those who are
tinkering with false prophesies, visions and dreams ,
using such to form the foundation of their faith and
not the word of GOD
7.[b] To preach 5% lies and 95% truth is even more
dangerous than preaching 100% LIE
[/b]
8. Atheists and those of other or no faith , previously
had the impression that all Christians believed in
this madness, many were once Christian and left
because of the increased lies been told in the name
of Christ.
@frosbel, i see your point particularly about point 7
above but i just think we should be careful not to
uproot the tender wheat plants when our aim is to
eliminate the tares.
God bless you brother for point 7. I have always said: it is easier to convert a total unbeliever than to convert a pseudo - Christian fed with half - truths. Christianity has really derailed. It is important we speak up and say the truth as often as possible so that bonded half-baked 'Christians' will be liberated to the Truth. God bless!!
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 09, 2013
alexleo:

Note that we can't even freely give even our hearts to Him except He works in it to make it willing. Everything we've got He gave us. If surrendering one's life to Christ is that easy,there would be mo atheists and people who do not believe in Jesus/God. In essence I'm saying, the ability to be able to 'just' believe that Jesus died for our sins and accepting Him into our hearts, comes from God. If He doesn't make a heart willing, that heart will never yield.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2013
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 09, 2013
Caropy: above all, God's Grace issufficient for us.

we will make it to heaven in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by manosteel(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
It's is written in the Bible, Poor Men shall not seize to be in your midst. So those who have chosen to be among the poor ones can't seize to criticize those of us who have discovered the truth and have chosen to go places.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by sammaking(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
sandy0000: Prosperity Gospel :

But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. 8He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” Matthew 7:24

1Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 2But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. - Psalm 1

Should I go on ?

God does not want anyone to live in poverty. The above are scriptures of prosperity in the bible. Let me know if you have any prescriptions for poverty in the Word of God.
How can you be a blessing to your community if you live in poverty. ?
Adam lived in abundance until he ate the forbidden fruit, do you realise what Gods intention for mankind was, before he disobeyed God ? I feel like preaching now....

Prosperous Men in the bible :

Abraham : And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold. - Gen 13:2

Isaac : Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him. -Gen 26:12-24

David : And he died in a good old age, full of days, riches, and honour: and Solomon his son reigned in his stead. - 1 Chronicles 29:28

Solomon : And King Solomon passed all the kings of the earth in riches and wisdom. - 2 Chronicles 9:22

Johshaphat : Therefore the LORD established the kingdom in his hand; and all Judah brought to Jehoshaphat presents; and he had riches and honour in abundance. – 2 Chronicles 17:5

Hezekiah : Notwithstanding Hezekiah humbled himself for the pride of his heart, both he and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the wrath of the LORD came not upon them in the days of Hezekiah. And Hezekiah had exceeding much riches and honour: and he made himself treasuries for silver, and for gold, and for precious stones, and for spices, and for shields, and for all manner of pleasant jewels; Storehouses also for the increase of corn, and wine, and oil; and stalls for all manner of beasts, and cotes for flocks. - 2 Chronicles 32:26-28
God Bless you.
As for all of you Ignorant Foolz i pray the Light of Gods word will shine in ya direction to open ya eyez and dispel every form of darkness that has blindfolded u from d truth of the Gospel.
Let me hear u say Amen.
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 11, 2013
sammaking:
God Bless you.
As for all of you [size=28pt] Ignorant Foolz [/size] i pray the Light of Gods word will shine in ya direction to open ya eyez and dispel every form of darkness that has blindfolded u from d truth of the Gospel.
Let me hear u say Amen.
shockedshocked !
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 11, 2013
sammaking:
God Bless you.
As for all of you Ignorant Foolz i pray the Light of Gods word will shine in ya direction to open ya eyez and dispel every form of darkness that has blindfolded u from d truth of the Gospel.
Let me hear u say Amen.
look at the true sayings of Jesus: "do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal..but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..where moth and rust do not destroy and where thieves do not break in and steal..for whre ur treasure is, ur heart will also be there...is ur heart after heavenly possessions or earthly possessions?? No one can serve two masters..You cannot serve both God and money...A man's life does not consist on the abundance of his possession..freely u receive freely give...look at wat apostle paul told timothy..people who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires....for the love of money is the root of all evil..some pple eager for money/kudi/owo/ego have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows..what God desires is godliness with contentment which is great gain..for we brought nothing into the world and we can take nothing out of it..but if God has made u rich this verse of scripture applies." command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant(many rich pple are like dat) nor put their hope in wealth which is so uncertain..but to put their hope in God..command them to do good, be generous and willing to share(how many rich pple are doing that these days?).
Re: How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher by house213: 12:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
What's your point @OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. / 3 Keys In Serving God Consistently / What Is The Theme Of 2023 In Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.