Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! (708 Views)

VP Osinbajo, Lai Mo'hamed And Their Deliberate Insult On Nigerians' Intelligence / Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / Stop The Insult On Mr President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 08, 2013
I am sick and tired of people posting that Gen Buhari is the only person who can fix Nigeria or that GEJ is the best thing that has happened to Nigerian. When we get fixated on a certain individual, we close other avenues for new leaders to emerge. Mind you, Buhari was head of state at about age 30, that's about three decades ago. To say or insinuate that nobody can fix Nigeria some 30 years after Buhari other than the same Buhari is an insult on all Nigerians especially the youths, and it must stop! We should use this forum and other similar fora to canvass for the emergence of new generation leadeers and not the recycling of old ones.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
Note; I am neither GEJ's supporter nor Buhari's.
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Jan 08, 2013
@ Op,

U can start by suggesting credible alternatives and encouraging them to join the political process. I agree alternatives do exist but if they dont come out and make themselves available, no one will come and pick them up from their sitting rooms.
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by soma042(m): 12:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
what abt fash...
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
Demdem: @ Op,

U can start by suggesting credible alternatives and encouraging them to join the political process. I agree alternatives do exist but if they dont come out and make themselves available, no one will come and pick them up from their sitting rooms.

I may not know anybody for now, bt i beleive pple like fashola, Oshiomole Okorocha and Akpabio can do something. Even among NLDers and her guests, there could be one.
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
soma042: what abt fash...

Who be fash? John Fashanu?
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
the point is the credible people are not interested because of how the system works.
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
Shawnmayor: the point is the credible people are not interested because of how the system works.

But if we all hands off, nobody will do it for us. True, the political atmospher in Nigeria is unfavourable for good people, but the philosopher Plato said, "the punishment of not participating in politics is that you end up being governed by people inferior to you".
So shunning politics will not solve the problem but taking active part and running for positions. And for the rest, stop going with the bandwagon
Or don't yuo think so?
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
@OP, i feel your pain. however it's the handiwork of some jobless hypocritical northerners in NL who believe that a non muslim southerner shouldn't be in power. if the northerners want GEJ to rule naija until 2019 let them present buhari as an alternative candidate come 2015.
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by 1025: 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
gregtochi:
I am sick and tired of people posting that Gen Buhari is the only person who can fix Nigeria or that GEJ is the best thing that has happened to Nigerian. When we get fixated on a certain individual, we close other avenues for new leaders to emerge. Mind you, Buhari was head of state at about age 30, that's about three decades ago. To say or insinuate that nobody can fix Nigeria some 30 years after Buhari other than the same Buhari is an insult on all Nigerians especially the youths, and it must stop! We should use this forum and other similar fora to canvass for the emergence of new generation leadeers and not the recycling of old ones.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
Note; I am neither GEJ's supporter nor Buhari's.

the youth we are hoping on are the children of aged criminals like obasanjo, bode george, tinubu, tony annenih annd a long list of white hair criminals and u want to believe that such men who are still stealing at very old age will raise normal children that will take over this country for good. na lie. thieves can only born thieves. some mothers like like our number 1 and mrs. etteh and oteh are more criminal minded that our fathers. okay, imagine the son of cecilia ibru becoming a president. oga, we need a buhari at least for 4 years to change our mind set and prepare us for the greater things to come. we need a "madman" who will change the in place order that has made politics the most lucrative business in the country before we can talk about youths. do not forget, the target of every nigerian youth is to get into power and show these old thieves that they out dated. they want to break the country's record on stealing. the challenge before many youths is to take this inform trend(stealing) to the next level. did u see how jonathan changed the do or die affair actions of obasanjo to a more scientific rigging using a more modern jega to silence nigerians. who is fooling who my brother? the most free and fair election in the history of politics still brought govs like dickson to power in bayelsa. is that not a joke?
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
1025:

the youth we are hoping on are the children of aged criminals like obasanjo, bode george, tinubu, tony annenih annd a long list of white hair criminals and u want to believe that such men who are still stealing at very old age will raise normal children that will take over this country for good. na lie. thieves can only born thieves. some mothers like like our number 1 and mrs. etteh and oteh are more criminal minded that our fathers. okay, imagine the son of cecilia ibru becoming a president. oga, we need a buhari at least for 4 years to change our mind set and prepare us for the greater things to come. we need a "madman" who will change the in place order that has made politics the most lucrative business in the country before we can talk about youths. do not forget, the target of every nigerian youth is to get into power and show these old thieves that they out dated. they want to break the country's record on stealing. the challenge before many youths is to take this inform trend(stealing) to the next level. did u see how jonathan changed the do or die affair actions of obasanjo to a more scientific rigging using a more modern jega to silence nigerians. who is fooling who my brother? the most free and fair election in the history of politics still brought govs like dickson to power in bayelsa. is that not a joke?

Of all Nigerian Youths, the children of the people you mentioned are of insignificant proportion. Unless you want to tell me that people like you or your children are not qualified to lead this nation. There is every need for a paradigm shift. Let us explore other options. We must believe in ourselves, otherwise when people of Buhari's era are gone, we will source for expatriates to do it for us.
Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Tittos: 1:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
1025:

Does buhari not have a child..why can't he present his children since they are born of non-criminal..your argument is weak because not all Nigerians were born by the so called criminals..so don't we have good people other than Buhari that are at least in their youth.

1 Like

Re: This Insult On Nigerians Must Stop!!! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2013
991: @OP, i feel your pain. however it's the handiwork of some jobless hypocritical northerners in NL who believe that a non muslim southerner shouldn't be in power. if the northerners want GEJ to rule naija until 2019 let them present buhari as an alternative candidate come 2015.

Its not just northern muslims, even souther christians too. Go thru many of the posts on this section, you will be amazed at how far we have descended. I am yearning to see fresh bloods in the polity, and to do that, it must be a collective effort.

(1) (Reply)

15 Things U Didn't Kno Abt Dame Patient Jonathan / LIBEL: Presidency Begs Buhari / Faruk Lawan Kept In Condemned Criminals Cell Of Kuje Prison⁠,buys Own Toiletries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.