Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted (23552 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / 2013 FIFA Ballon D'or On Monday, 13th January 2014 / Messi, Ribery & Ronaldo On 23-man Ballon D'or Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by ddippset(m): 3:23am On Jan 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Conspiracy is for the lazy minds

Let anyone name any player more deserving than Messi

If people can complain and whine about a very open election then I wonder what would satisfy them
it's a hopeless situation. seriously iam worried for our generation. here we have a very open election process, and people are still yelling fifa, fifa ,fifa. people need to go to school more or maybe our president was right, there is a character problem with the average nigerian man.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by zanga420: 3:26am On Jan 09, 2013
Jarus:
Everybody that got nomination(by coaches, captains and journalists, even if one nomination) was among the initial long list released by FIFA way back November.

And getting the first 11 is also easy. Top ranked in each position. Messi (1st), Ronaldo (2nd), and Falcao (5th) were the top ranked forwards, so will automatically mean they are the forwards for FIFA 11. Drogba came 8th, and 4th ranked forward(after the trio). Except you want a strange formation of 4 strikers, Drogba couldn't have made First 11, despite coming 8th overall. Ditto for Pirlo. Yes, he did well, but other midfielders (Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi and who's the 4th again) ranked ahead of him, not because FIFA didn't his face but because the four guys appeared more in coaches and captains' nominations than Pirlo's.

It's that simple. I have never for once believed FIFA or CAF sit down and give someone award.
As I've said before, this one of the problems of democracy, sentiments somtimes turns the system to mediocrity. Hence democracy might not produce the factual best but its the easier to manage system
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 09, 2013
WTF is ballon d or
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 09, 2013
REALITY101: WTF is ballon d or

It's the FIFA World Player Of The Year award.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by kobikwelu(m): 5:14am On Jan 09, 2013
crap!!

Messi deserved it..anything else na our grapes..
Look yourself in the mirror and tell me that hronaldo deserved that award over messi..

the story of the night should be Cassillas voting sergio ramos over hronaldo..

Mourinho would be fired at the end of the season. Its one thing to demand a blank cheque because of your past records, but its another thing to go after the madrid haegemony ESPECIALLY if you are a portugese in spain...
going after cassillas and giving hronaldo the captain's band in SPAIN!!!!
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by GreatMan5: 5:15am On Jan 09, 2013
Jarus:
Everybody that got nomination(by coaches, captains and journalists, even if one nomination) was among the initial long list released by FIFA way back November.

And getting the first 11 is also easy. Top ranked in each position. Messi (1st), Ronaldo (2nd), and Falcao (5th) were the top ranked forwards, so will automatically mean they are the forwards for FIFA 11. Drogba came 8th, and 4th ranked forward(after the trio). Except you want a strange formation of 4 strikers, Drogba couldn't have made First 11, despite coming 8th overall. Ditto for Pirlo. Yes, he did well, but other midfielders (Iniesta, Xavi, Xabi and who's the 4th again) ranked ahead of him, not because FIFA didn't his face but because the four guys appeared more in coaches and captains' nominations than Pirlo's.

It's that simple. I have never for once believed FIFA or CAF sit down and give someone award.

The FIFA/FIFPro World XI voting system is different from that of the Ballon d'Or. All professional footballers in the world (more than 55,000 of them) are involved in the Fifa World XI voting. Each professional footballer in the world (from Africa, Europe, America, Asia, etc) selects an ideal team of 11 players (1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 attackers). The goalkeeper with the highest vote (selection) becomes the fifa world xi goalkeeper. Same applies to the remaining 10 players.

Here's an excerpt from wikipedia

Each year FIFPro invites all professional footballers in the world to compose their best team of the year.

FIFPro has organized the vote for the World XI since 2005. Every year the world players' union, with the help from all of its associations, distributes more than 55,000 ballots all over the world. One ballot for each professional footballer, regardless where he is playing: Australia, Brazil, China, South Africa, Spain or the United States of America. Every player is requested to pick one goalkeeper, four defenders, three midfielders and three strikers. The result of this immense election is the FIFPro World XI.

In 2009 the world players' union joined hands with FIFA. The team name has changed into the FIFA FIFPro World XI. Each year the eleven players from this elite squad will receive their awards during the FIFA World Player Gala.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFPro#FIFA_FIFPro_World_XI
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 5:20am On Jan 09, 2013
kobikwelu: crap!!

Messi deserved it..anything else na our grapes..
Look yourself in the mirror and tell me that hronaldo deserved that award over messi..

the story of the night should be Cassillas voting sergio ramos over hronaldo..

Mourinho would be fired at the end of the season. Its one thing to demand a blank cheque because of your past records, but its another thing to go after the madrid haegemony ESPECIALLY if you are a portugese in spain...
going after cassillas and giving hronaldo the captain's band in SPAIN!!!!

Real Madrid's entire team is full of a Bunch of Biitches Man.

Cutthroat Slimy snakes and Biitches Man. grin

Iker is Probably Jealous of Crissy lol

Anyway, Right guy won the Right Award...

All Haill the Messiah...The Great Leo Messi
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 09, 2013
A Portuguese Captain of Madrid....Unbelievable....Mourinho has got sooo much Arrogance..I luv it! grin

The Special One.

The Portuguese Manager Names his Portuguese Player Captain at Madrid.....there must be a quiet cold war going on in that Locker Room

The Special One is too great of a Man to Manage such a Rubbish Side as the collection of bums wearing the whites of modern times

At This Point he Is Just Humiliating Spain as a Nation
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 5:40am On Jan 09, 2013
CFCfan:

It's the FIFA World Player Of The Year award.

Thanks smiley
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:41am On Jan 09, 2013
الملكي فوق الله: A Portuguese Captain of Madrid....Unbelievable....Mourinho has got sooo much Arrogance..I luv it! grin

The Special One.

The Portuguese Manager Names his Portuguese Player Captain at Madrid.....there must be a quiet cold war going on in that Locker Room

The Special One is too great of a Man to Manage such a Rubbish Side as the collection of bums wearing the whites of modern times

At This Point he Is Just Humiliating Spain as a Nation
Mou is a fraud. He will soon run away from Spain. Na him way. According to my statistics lecturer in the Great Uniben, the Late Pa Idele. It is called Wuruwuru to the answer. Yea that is what your mou does. Give any mancini this star studded Madrid side and he will deliver. Real madrid as it is now are the most expensive side in football history. If mou is about to run, he'll cause confusion and either they sack him or he runs away. He came to Chelsea and spoilt their football turned mikel Second Best after messi in youth football to Back man. Turned Pepe butcher on the field with his negative brand of football. The world go soon catch up with this fraud and him ways(wuruwuru to the answer)

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by bbulldog(m): 5:47am On Jan 09, 2013
DANILSA: THANKS FOR THE UPDATE, WAITING FOR MOFONS TO COME AND TELL US HOW SEPP PLATTER AND FIFA CHOOSE MESSI WITH WAYO angry MESSI NSTILL WIN tongue tongue tongue tongue
olodo of nairaland... Correct ur post nah :p
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 09, 2013
How Dare you Disrespect the Great Jose Mourinho....

Champions League Winner in Two Different Countries....

Taking an Under Manned Porto Side to The Champions League Final by knocking off Giants.

Taking an Inter Milan Side and Dethroning the Mighty Barcelona...Had not been for Mourinho Barca would have won 3 straight CL

Jose is an Icon

Who cares what he did to you Nigerian Bum Mikel

Mikel ...was...is... and always will be....A Bum! grin

You should request Mourinho's permission to even Type his Name you Impotent Fool.

Had it not been for His MADRID side Choking against Bayern.....He could have possibly went on to the Final and Been the only Manager to Win the Champions League in 3 Different Countries....

Pay Homage and Stop disrespecting The Special One. grin

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Asiwaju9ja(m): 5:48am On Jan 09, 2013
shagarri: In summary:

Messi's friends are more than Ronaldo's friends
Moral of the Story? It pays to be Humble
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Cornel88(m): 6:30am On Jan 09, 2013
surveyProf:

submitn of normination was already done, before the goal was scored, likewise that of Ibrahimovic's goal!
That Cisse's goal came before Falcoa's. Cisse's goal came in late April 2012, while Falcao's goal was on 19th of May 2012 against a colombia outfit, America de Cali in a friendly match. Cisse's goal is even more compititive.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by kingrolex(m): 6:33am On Jan 09, 2013
Casillas voted for ramos a̶̲̥̅̊ŋ₫ not ronaldo..№ team support for Ħĩ§ star man,dats really not G☺☺Ð
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by buchai: 6:35am On Jan 09, 2013
Fifa president and craw members are bias. What they should have done is to select three of their best players so that voting shall be according to three not all these sentimental voting. Africa is the best anyway.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by smsgold: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2013
Jarus:
Yeah, there are sentiments. For example, I see Algerian captain voting for Karim Benzema as no 1. That's clearly sentiment-driven. No sane football watcher would say Benzema was best player in the world in 2012. Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Iniesta, Xavi, all debatable, but Benzema, clearly nah. But I can see teh connection - Benzema has Algerian origin like the voter.

Also, I think contrary to his vote, Messi himself believes Ronaldo is one of the top 3 players in the world. Same for the guy that voted for Portugal. He can't tell me he sincerely believed Messi wasnt among top 3 players in the world, but he left him out to reduce his chance.

But overall, I think the voting is diverse enough to reflect true best player. The few sentiments-driven couldn't have made much difference, especially since teh difference between winner and 1st runner up is so wide.
I totally agree
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 09, 2013
The Right Guy Won the Right Award. End Of
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by denitro(m): 6:44am On Jan 09, 2013
PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL FINAL VOTE
1. LIONEL MESSI 41.6%
2. CRISTIANO RONALDO 23.68%
3. ANDRES INIESTA 10.91%
4. XAVI 4.08%
5. RADAMEL FALCAO 3.67%
6. IKER CASILLAS 3.18%
7. ANDREA PIRLO 2.66%
8. DIDIER DROGBA 2.6%
9. ROBIN VAN PERSIE 1.45%
10. ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC 1.24%
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by olawalebabs(m): 7:24am On Jan 09, 2013
Jarus:

I tire o

So in Keshi's eyes, neither Messi nor CR7 is among top 3 players in the world? The man go vote Yaya, RVP and Drogba. Our coach must be watching koro soka, not football.
am not suprise about his choice, after listening to his comment about foreign coach in Africa, i believe the man must be a 'racist'
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by merengue: 7:53am On Jan 09, 2013
Troll: The Way This Voting Is Being Done Nowadays; An African Will Never Win The Fifa Ballon D'Or. No Matter How Spectacular He Is On The Pitch. The Europeans Will Always Vote For Their Own. The Public Should Be Given Voting Power Or Else This Is Just Plainly Sentimental Bulshit. Imagine!? angry

By public, you mean the likes of you on NL? Heaven forbid!!!

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jaybee(f): 7:55am On Jan 09, 2013
FXKing2012: The voting process is extremely flawed, little wonder Messi won.

how?
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jaybee(f): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2013
denitro: PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL FINAL VOTE
1. LIONEL MESSI 41.6%
2. CRISTIANO RONALDO 23.68%
3. ANDRES INIESTA 10.91%
4. XAVI 4.08%
5. RADAMEL FALCAO 3.67%
6. IKER CASILLAS 3.18%
7. ANDREA PIRLO 2.66%
8. DIDIER DROGBA 2.6%
9. ROBIN VAN PERSIE 1.45%
10. ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC 1.24%

I think this should be percentage points not votes per se
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by merengue: 8:04am On Jan 09, 2013
Maybe Keshi thought it was Kegites Club that were conducting the award b'cos that seems to be the only logical explanations of his "mumuish" nominations. Even Yobo who picked Messi, Ronaldo & Toure showed more intelligence than that fatso. SMH!!!

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Umunede(m): 8:11am On Jan 09, 2013
Cassilas betrayed Ronaldo. He should leave d real maldrid. How can he vote ramos over ronaldo
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jaybee(f): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2013
Jarus:
Yeah, there are sentiments. For example, I see Algerian captain voting for Karim Benzema as no 1. That's clearly sentiment-driven. No sane football watcher would say Benzema was best player in the world in 2012. Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Iniesta, Xavi, all debatable, but Benzema, clearly nah. But I can see teh connection - Benzema has Algerian origin like the voter.

Also, I think contrary to his vote, Messi himself believes Ronaldo is one of the top 3 players in the world. Same for the guy that voted for Portugal. He can't tell me he sincerely believed Messi wasnt among top 3 players in the world, but he left him out to reduce his chance.

But overall, I think the voting is diverse enough to reflect true best player. The few sentiments-driven couldn't have made much difference, especially since teh difference between winner and 1st runner up is so wide.

the voting process -aided by the points method - actually cancelled the sentimentally skewed votes. the end results reflects the popular opinion, which is what fifa is looking for.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by EmmyDe25(m): 8:16am On Jan 09, 2013
Football in Europe and d world at large na padi padi tin now.. Smh. Who says CAF is corrupt wen we have FIFA and UEFA?
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by merengue: 8:18am On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=Umunede]Cassilas betrayed Ronaldo. He should leave d real maldrid. How can he vote ramos over ronaldo[/quote

How is that a betrayal? CR7 should move away if he wants to; Casillas has played alongside eternal greats like Raul, Figo, Zidane and the original Ronaldo, compared to them, CR7 is a muppet.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by EmmyDe25(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2013
Feed me more:

This is so on point.

And I think the best best player won at the end of the day.
NO! D player wit d highest number of frnds won.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jadajada: 8:24am On Jan 09, 2013
so oyinbo too dey do partial.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 09, 2013
EmmyDe25:
NO! D player wit d highest number of frnds won.

^What are you on about? Messi's year was Light Years Beyond any other footballer.

It's not even up for discussion.

Messi had one of the top 3 greatest years ever, Maybe the best Ever.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa (0 - 2) On 1st April 2023 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United On (2 - 0) On 26th December 2015 / Newcastle United Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 2nd April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.