Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted (23549 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / 2013 FIFA Ballon D'or On Monday, 13th January 2014 / Messi, Ribery & Ronaldo On 23-man Ballon D'or Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by deletrue: 9:01am On Jan 09, 2013
surveyProf: It seems, the mode of counting of votes, looks strange to lots of people, Team captains, Coaches, and Sports journalist, are the only ones that are allowed to vote, and you're required to vote three players minimum, and the first on your voting list means five points, second means three points and third votes means one point respectively, and frm information, Messi had lots of Captains, Coaches and Sports Jou. Voting him as Number one on their list of voting, that means five points, and that perhaps makes him to carry the day!
Each time i read intelligent comments from intelligent nigerians, my inner mind will be full of honey and joy and i will be happy the whole day. How i wish this blessed country can one day comes out from the different problems including corruption and become popular as other nations, i would have been happy. Am convinced that God will do it one day. Amen. Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by elampiro(m): 9:12am On Jan 09, 2013
I actually think Ronaldo did better than Messi when it matters most. Ronaldo scored the vital goals in the Classico that eventually determined the winner of Laliga. They both reached the Champions League semi final. Ronaldo's goals look to me he work harder for them than Messi's (goals). Messi had a record of scoring highest in a calendar year, but I guess the voting had been concluded at that time he set the record. Ronaldo had a record of being the first player to score against every Laliga side in a season. Ronaldo only lost the Euro 2012 semi final match to star studded Spanish side on penalties, it could have gone either way. Both are actually great, but I believe Ronaldo and Mourinho's apparent lack of humility is working against them from their colleagues- coaches and players. Imagine Casilas voted Ramos over Ronaldo, perhaps ego stuff. May be Ronaldo doesn't respect him enough or it is just tribal sentiment. Then Iniester was awarded Europe best player award over Ronaldo and Messi few months back, there is a deliberate act to ignore or humiliate Ronaldo just as I sense a deliberate act to down play the EPL. Cisse's goal agaist Chelsea in April or May last year was totally ignored.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 09, 2013
Stop it^ LmL@Ronaldo did better than Messi when it matters Most.

What a Clown.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by vizboy(m): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2013
Even fifa don dey play naija politics

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jinha(m): 11:09am On Jan 09, 2013
Umunede: Cassilas betrayed Ronaldo. He should leave d real maldrid. How can he vote ramos over ronaldo
He voted as the Spanish national team captain and not as real Madrid captain...
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Ezeego1(m): 11:45am On Jan 09, 2013
shagarri: In summary:

Messi's friends are more than Ronaldo's friends
Yap...Dats d different between them,dats why messi need to change club to get more haters.Most of those coaches and players were having beef wit ronaldo smtimes ago dats why u can see casillas voting for sergio ramos over ronaldo
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2013
You Nairalanders are flat out Retardedd^ grin
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by whiskystan: 12:28pm On Jan 09, 2013
Just like that

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Itsalphaa(m): 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
y r u guys sayin cr7 shud av won it....if iniesta ws d best player at d 2012 euros nd was ALSO voted UEFA player of the season ahead of ronaldo TOO...dnt u think d competition shud b btw Leo nd messi...bsides hw do u reward sm1 for scorin 91goals in a year F God's sake!! Messi z a worthy winner abeg

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Itsalphaa(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
sentiments cancelled sentiments jare....casillas wz nt being sentimental as he chose hu he felt waz d best player bt y'all crucifing him? Its nt messiz fault dat ppl 'lyk' him 2 cr7 dnt u think.....if u ask me cr7 shud av bin third sef...u cnt compare any countries league 2 d UEFA EURO CHAMPIONSHIPS

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Itsalphaa(m): 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
jinha:
He voted as the Spanish national team captain and not as real Madrid captain...
ma guy thank you abeg
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by vizboy(m): 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
Well the fact is fifa gave it to messi but to me ronaldo is the best just my personal opinion. If fifa know these was not bais they would have put it online for all football loving fans to vote just like goal.com does rather than allowing just a few bias coach and players to vote
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by LeSulk(m): 12:52pm On Jan 09, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]thanks for telling us how we got our world best.can u tell us how we got our world xi or did the spanish football association decide it alone?
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
^I like that Ronaldo Messi Comparison Picture, bout to borrow that
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by dammytex: 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
vizboy: Well the fact is fifa gave it to messi but to me ronaldo is the best just my personal opinion. If fifa know these was not bais they would have put it online for all football loving fans to vote just like goal.com does rather than allowing just a few bias coach and players to vote

And what do you think would happen when all the football fans in China vote for only one player? Do you think it would still be fair?
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by vizboy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
dammytex:

And what do you think would happen when all the football fans in China vote for only one player? Do you think it would still be fair?
you cant tell me all china football loving fans are going to vote for just 1 person there must always be miss up they just have to pick 1 out of the 3. Are you saying all football loving fans in naija are all followers of messi
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by vizboy(m): 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
Le Sulk: [color=#990000][/color]thanks for telling us how we got our world best.can u tell us how we got our world xi or did the spanish football association decide it alone?
thank you
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by lekyar(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2013
vizboy: thank you

Before thanking him you both should go through the thread again where a very enlightened contributor explained the process.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by wade1: 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2013
UEFA League is a big foot ball leauge in US.

Juice Extractor Machine

The Best Juicer Machine
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by ibkdizzu: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2013
~Bluetooth:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Wasted vote . . . .

Keshi's vote? Overwasted.....E no make sense na haba, yobo sef still try small
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jpphilips(m): 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jarus:
Eto'o came 3rd as recently as 2004. He was an African. Stop the racist remark. Drogba came 8th and you wont tell me he did more than the 7 guys ranked ahead of him.

you dey mind the bingo
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Jarus(m): 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
vizboy: Well the fact is fifa gave it to messi but to me ronaldo is the best just my personal opinion. If fifa know these was not bais they would have put it online for all football loving fans to vote just like goal.com does rather than allowing just a few bias coach and players to vote
Even after evidence was placed in front of you, you still believe FIFA 'gave' it to Messi?

So you think 3 persons per country are not representative enough, but you want everyone to vote, with China and India's 1.2 and 1 billion population respectively enough to tilt the outcome in favour of one person, dwarfing votes from all of Africa put together? That is the transparent process abi?

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by BodyKiss(m): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
In 2011 when Ronaldo broke record, had more goals, but without major trophy, Messi won it, then people said Messi won the Ballon d'or because of the titles and team achievement.
In 2012, Ronaldo scored less goals and won major trophy, while Messi scored more goals and won no major trophy and still win the award. Now the story is that the award is for individual achievement, not team. No matter how you look at it, this whole thing is about Messi being more likeable than Ronaldo.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Afam4eva(m): 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
olawalebabs: am not suprise about his choice, after listening to his comment about foreign coach in Africa, i believe the man must be a 'racist'
If he's a racist then what is RVP doing on his list?
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Afam4eva(m): 7:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
I think they should make the votes of coaches, captains and journalist to count for just 50% next time. The remaining 50% should be decided by formulating an equation that will include the personal achievements of the players in contention.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Jarus(m): 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
BodyKiss: In 2011 when Ronaldo broke record, had more goals, but without major trophy, Messi won it, then people said Messi won the Ballon d'or because of the titles and team achievement.
In 2012, Ronaldo scored less goals and won major trophy, while Messi scored more goals and won no major trophy and still win the award. Now the story is that the award is for individual achievement, not team. No matter how you look at it, this whole thing is about Messi being more likeable than Ronaldo.
Bros, forget, over 300 different people from different parts of the world, acting independently, can hardly be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by elampiro(m): 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Its alphaa: y r u guys sayin cr7 shud av won it....if iniesta ws d best player at d 2012 euros nd was ALSO voted UEFA player of the season ahead of ronaldo TOO...dnt u think d competition shud b btw Leo nd messi...bsides hw do u reward sm1 for scorin 91goals in a year F God's sake!! Messi z a worthy winner abeg

Using your logic, if Iniester was player of the season, it means he was better than Messi in Barca and also the player of Euro 2012, so Iniester should have won it to align with consistency in judgement.
Is it not obvious to you that Iniester didn't play as much as Ronaldo or Messi in Laliga? Ronaldo was clearly player of the season, the EUFA authorities and their allies have already decided to frustrate Ronaldo. Look at it, Messi, Iniester and Xavi in one team, yet Ronaldo all alone in Madrid and he carried Madrid over Barca in the classico and won the league. I am looking at the world top four players. It won't be surprising if next year they decided Xavi is the best in Europe.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by Itsalphaa(m): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
elampiro:

Using your logic, if Iniester was player of the season, it means he was better than Messi in Barca and also the player of Euro 2012, so Iniester should have won it to align with consistency in judgement.
Is it not obvious to you that Iniester didn't play as much as Ronaldo or Messi in Laliga? Ronaldo was clearly player of the season, the EUFA authorities and their allies have already decided to frustrate Ronaldo. Look at it, Messi, Iniester and Xavi in one team, yet Ronaldo all alone in Madrid and he carried Madrid over Barca in the classico and won the league. I am looking at the world top four players. It won't be surprising if next year they decided Xavi is the best in Europe.
mind u Mr, ronaldo dint evn win d laliga player of d season award, messi beat him 2 it, if he dosnt win d award, or d pichichi, or d EURO 2012 mvp or d UEFA mvp for 2011/2012?? Dyu think he shud win d ballon d'or
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by elampiro(m): 12:42am On Jan 10, 2013
Its alphaa: mind u Mr, ronaldo dint evn win d laliga player of d season award, messi beat him 2 it, if he dosnt win d award, or d pichichi, or d EURO 2012 mvp or d UEFA mvp for 2011/2012?? Dyu think he shud win d ballon d'or

All these are plot by the authorities to frustrate Ronaldo, he was simply the best.

The 2011–12 La Liga season (known as the Liga BBVA for sponsorship reasons) was the 81st season of the top level Spanish association football competition. The campaign began on 27 August 2011, and ended on 13 May 2012. Real Madrid won the league for a record 32nd time in La Liga history after beating Athletic Bilbao on 2 May 2012. The club broke a number of records including: 100 points in a single season, 121 goals scored, a goal difference of +89, 16 away wins, and 32 overall wins.

Ronaldo was decisive when it mattered towards the end of the season, saved Madrid from dropping points against Villrreal, Sporting, Ossasuna and Atleti in April. Not to mention being the match winner at the Nou Camp in the most decisive game of the year. That vital victory meant it was over for Barca.

This awards are highly based on sentiments, and on the player the authority feels is humble. The Spanish authority and Eufa are highly in favour of Barca over Madrid just because of perceived arrogance of Mourinho and Ronaldo. There were lots of controversial decisions in favour of Barca but Madrid were determined.

Kudos to Ronaldo tonight, he banged in a hatrick. He is refused to be frustrated. However, he might be out of Laliga at the end of the season to either Man United, MAN city or PSG or Bayern. But it appears he will most likely return to United considering his recent comments about Manchester United and Ferguson. Only City and PSG have said they can break the bank.
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by obitrac: 8:41am On Jan 10, 2013
vizboy:
you cant tell me all china football loving fans are going to vote for just 1 person there must always be miss up they just have to pick 1 out of the 3. Are you saying all football loving fans in naija are all followers of messi
they will surely vote if a chinese is among d selected 3
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by jpphilips(m): 9:51am On Jan 10, 2013
Dee60: Keshi - Is this how you want to win AFCON? Yaya ko, Sule ni!

As for Real Madrid - A house in shambles.....they should get up quickly and manage their differences.

Not yet till after their match with MAN-u
Re: Ballon D'or 2012: How They Voted by ibkdizzu: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
elampiro:

Bros No 1. INIESTA, it can't be that hard 2. U dey talk like say CR dey play alongside a park of morons..both teams have 5 players a piece in the world 11. Does he run round the field all by himself? He does not even get involved goals as much as Messi does when he's not playing..wetin u dey yarn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Euro 2012: Portugal Vs Spain (2 - 4) On Penalties On 27th June 2012 / Borussia Dortmund Vs Arsenal : UCL (2 - 0) On 16th September 2014 / Manchester City Vs Liverpool (1 - 4) On 21st November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.