Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,406 members, 7,954,604 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide (973 Views)

New York Lottery Winner Found Winning Ticket In Pile Of Leaves / Girl Who Performed At Obama's Inauguration Shot Dead In Chicago / $1m Lottery Winner Died Of Cyanide Poisoning 1 Month After Winning!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 08, 2013

Not long after winning a $1 million jackpot with a scratch-off lottery ticket, a Chicago man was poisoned with cyanide, officials said.

Urooj Khan, 46, had planned to use the money to pay off bills and invest in his dry cleaning business. Instead, he was poisoned, the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office said, adding that it had classed his death as a homicide.
Khan was accompanied by his wife, their daughter and several friends when he accepted an oversized check from Illinois lottery officials on June 26.
He described his initial reaction in a press statement.
“I scratched the ticket, then I kept on saying, 'I hit a million!’ over and over again. I jumped two feet in the air, then ran back into the store and tipped the clerk $100.”
The Chicago Tribune reported that his family was suspicious when he died less than a month later of what was originally ruled to be natural causes.
The medical examiner agreed to reopen the case and found he had died of “cyanide intoxication,” a spokeswoman for his office said.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/236818-winner-of-a-1-million-lottery-poisoned-dies.html

People are wicked o
Maybe madam has found a stronger horse and decided to end her marriage lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Chai
Alu
Re: Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide by beylinko(m): 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
babyosisi:

People are wicked o
Maybe madam has found a stronger horse and decided to end her marriage lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Chai
Alu
saw it on TV dis afternoon...it's pathetic. I cnt imagine plans which dis man made on hw he would spend dis money bt nw it's all Nothing. RIP
Re: Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 09, 2013
beylinko:
saw it on TV dis afternoon...it's pathetic. I cnt imagine plans which dis man made on hw he would spend dis money bt nw it's all Nothing. RIP

Really sad indeed
It has to be a family member who stands to inherit it
Re: Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide by OgidiBoy(m): 4:01am On Jan 09, 2013
I blame the guy, for even telling any soul he won the lottery. I 've said this a million times, if I have ever win any kind of lottery, the only

people that will ever know about it are. The IRS and the State lottery commission,the next available flight to Nigeria is mine. Even in Nigeria I

won't tell a soul.

Somebody like me win any kind of lottery and folks know about it, I'm sure all these crazy girls will start coming out of nowhere claiming to be

baby mamas.
Re: Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 09, 2013
OgidiBoy: I blame the guy, for even telling any soul he won the lottery. I 've said this a million times, if I have ever win any kind of lottery, the only

people that will ever know about it are. The IRS and the State lottery commission,the next available flight to Nigeria is mine. Even in Nigeria I

won't tell a soul.

Somebody like me win any kind of lottery and folks know about it, I'm sure all these crazy girls will start coming out of nowhere claiming to be

baby mamas.

Ogidiboy lottery companies require the winners to appear on TV and paper for promo so you must be known
Re: Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 09, 2013
hmmm....
i tell you what. if i ever come in to a lot of money, not even some members of my family will know!! believe it!
Re: Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 15, 2013
babyosisi:

Ogidiboy lottery companies require the winners to appear on TV and paper for promo so you must be known

You can be anonymous if you give power of attorney to a lawyer and have your proceeds transfered to a trust that you will be the sole beneficiary of.

Problem of course is that you are relinquishing control of your winnings. The trust is a separate legal Individual and only investment managers call the shots in controlling the assets or cash in a trust. Not you. In essence you made your trust winner of the lottery.

Always a trade off.
Re: Chicago lottery winner poisoned with cyanide by birdman(m): 5:17am On Jan 15, 2013
babyosisi:

Not in all states

(1) (Reply)

Veteran Broadcaster Sir David Frost Dies At 74 / Muslim Terrorism Is Fake, A Perspective From Australia / Eurozone Leaders Strike Bailout Deal With Greece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.