Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters (11481 Views)

Jonathan Pays Condolence Visit To Fashola / President Jonathan Pays Homage To Yar'adua / Buhari Is A Better Alternative To Yar'Adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by pgiddy(m): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2013
The presidency has paid nearly N1billion to the family of late President Umaru Yar'Adua, according to an official memo obtained by SaharaReporters.
The slush funds were routed through the Katsina state government, the home state of the former president.

The payment includes about N150 million to Mrs. Turai Yar'adua, as well as the late president's aged mother, his married daughters, and sons.

It is yet unclear if any provision was made for his second wife, Hauwa Umar Radda, whom the late president divorced in 1997, shortly before he became the governor of Katsina state.

Although she has received the biggest payout, it would be recalled that it was the controversial former First Lady, Turai, who pushed Nigeria to the brink of a political crisis between 2009 and May 2010 while her husband was hospitalized in Saudi Arabia. He eventually returned and died inside the Aso Rock Villa.

Mrs. Yar'Adua was at the head of a cabal of Ministers, aides and security agents that manipulated the nation for many tense months as they clung to power, almost leading to the collapse of the government.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan-pays-close-n1billion-%E2%80%98severance%E2%80%99-yaradua-family

Is this some Sort of compensation or what. I tire for dis country oh

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Jaideyone(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2013
Is this right or Jonathan is just wasting our money again
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 09, 2013
mehn! politics dey pay big timeooo! even after death.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by redsun(m): 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2013
The question should be,"what does the rogue constitution say about that"?

Lawless country.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Pharoh: 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
Same way Ibori received 50 milla as pension inside prison while the masses fight each other on nairaland shouting Igbo and
Yoruba. It is high time we all take our destiny into our hands by working together for the development of our dear country.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
GEJ and N1billion are becoming synonimous.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by MAYOWAAK: 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2013
"If this turns out to be true,GEJ is only fulfilling his promise of creating wealth and not reducing poverty."

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Freiburger(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
Kamsy10: GEJ and N1billion are becoming synonimous
You are right, he needed N1billion more for food the last time. grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
Lol, interesting. PDP Life Insurance PLC.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by pat077: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
kidnappers take note!
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by faporori24: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
I knew it something like this will happen uncle joh pay off Mrs. Turai Yar'adua on land issue between Turai and Mr president wife so Mrs. Turai Yar'adua wont fight everyday on that land again you know igbo can do anything for a pieces of land, pls no tribalism am just saying something that is real here.

ANYWAY 5TH OR 6TH TO COMMENT?
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by iamswizz(m): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
choi
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by HAH: 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
This is very sad, for goodness sake what are we turning into kai.

" It is immoral for a Senator of a developing country to earn more than the President of a developed country. —Muhammadu Buhari."

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by phemieojelabi: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
[size=18pt]WASTEFUL GOVERNANCE ![/size]
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by ayewahjohn: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
Politics dey swit,even afta death.y wnt dey b killing demselves.i 1da who innocent 4 dis country.Nigeria nid prayers.we hv unemployed youths everywhere nd our govt is busy gvn out lufty sums out 2 sm miscreants when our industries r decaying.i pray 4 dis gr8t country nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Dreyl(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
hmmm
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by kunkur(m): 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
N1 Billion by Goodluck`s government to the Yar-auduas family. I thought the federal takes care of families of past head of states and Presidents?
This man is just a freshman in highschool in the thought of ept.
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Is this right or Jonathan is just wasting our money again

ask jona, he is being nice.

I must chop aso rock money.
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by simongonner: 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
kai,walahi this news is burning my heart and body..what a country we live in...we need BUHARI.....

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Ogbodavies(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2013
Season film,now showing.
Title:1 billion AGAIN!
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by aribisala0(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2013
I don't think this is fair at all.If they had completed their presidency they would have been eating 1 Billion a year x 6 years or is he going to pay them the rest with a cassava bread bakery
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by shyna501: 4:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
​i think d family are billionaire already! Well, God dey.
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by ghettodreamz(m): 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Worst Government Ever!

Lord, Nigeria needs your divine intervention, send us a messiah and save our land.
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2013
phemieojelabi: [size=18pt]WASTEFUL GOVERNANCE ![/size]
Guy , if you see as my blood just dey hot for here.
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by ssztarss: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
i really dont understand dis man called gej...he keeps frightening us with his actions and statements...
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by ochukoccna: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2013
The destiny of Goodluck Jonathan is to bankrupt Nigeria-------Tunde Bakare
In hindsight,PTB was spot on with the above statement.
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Chanchit: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
"GEJ would still borrow money frm world bank to pay his benefactors"... Anonymous
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by klax(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hmmm guys plz let us always reason well before we judge things. Mind you guyz hope you all remember this same Sahara has never for once report anything good about Nigeria ever. Let us not forget all these Billion this Billions that are these really true or is that how money just flow around so easily

And by the way why would anyone want to drag Yar adua family into this again I 'm not trying to support this but I begin to disbelief all this sort of Billion this Billion that this amount is no joke amount that will just be floating around like NOTHING plz I dont buy all these report any longer unless the so called "Nigeria Nightmare Sahara report or Sahara Desert" show the proof and paste it here or news tabloid anything short of this sorry am sick of all this sort of news. No offence its my own opinion

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by nickalams: 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
GEJ n Anineh shuld knw dt Nigeria is nt their Family Businesss cus all d money n Revenue gotten from NPA he shuld giv Account n GEJ we don tire 4 U is dis money 4 compensation 2 d family of deceased or 4 wht Nigeria make una talkooooooooo 1 BIllion no be 1K
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by kabba7(m): 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
only a corrupt government will contemplate paying such mind bugling amount as gratuity
in any case the GEJ gang is THERE FOR LOOTING
Re: Jonathan Pays N1billion In ‘Severance’ To Yar'adua Family - SaharaReporters by Wsdm: 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
He is just thanking the late Yar'dual for dying and paving way for him. Jonathan is really intoxicated by that seat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamawa: Jega Stops Stakeholders Meeting On By-election / Ekiti Officials Held Over N5.8b Refund, N2.4b Ecological Cash / Afenifere Chieftain, Olaniwun Ajayi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.