Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories (18686 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Ex Muslims Share Your Conversion Stories Here. / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 05, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

my dear i feel like laughing this evening. I DARE YOU TO POST THE FULL STORY OF YOUR MEETING WITH THAT DRUNK WHITE RACIST RIGHT HERE FOR ALL TO SEE, after all you said he was your first contact and what you both talked about that day is the main reason and basis for your turning away from God.

you think you have a good ground to discredit God, but in reality you are just a common 'empty head' with an internet enabled phone, spare mb and a lot of vaccum UPSTAIRS

we are waiting for the EXPANDED VERSION of that your conversion story (especially the first line), dont summarize it for us this time okay.

OlooSHi !!

lol....you can keep swearing for your wretched boyfriend...... grin grin grin.....I use a laptop or a tablet to browse on wifi.....I am not like your broke boyfriend on N200 for 20mb browsing on his fone. cool

I have explained my story quite well.....it is up for you to take or leave it
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by 2good(m): 9:26pm On May 05, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

my dear i feel like laughing this evening. I DARE YOU TO POST THE FULL STORY OF YOUR MEETING WITH THAT DRUNK WHITE RACIST RIGHT HERE FOR ALL TO SEE, after all you said he was your first contact and what you both talked about that day is the main reason and basis for your turning away from God.

you think you have a good ground to discredit God, but in reality you are just a common 'empty head' with an internet enabled phone, spare mb and a lot of vaccum UPSTAIRS

we are waiting for the EXPANDED VERSION of that your conversion story (especially the first line), dont summarize it for us this time okay.

OlooSHi !!

Don't you have something better to do with your time rather than following and insulting someone for having a different view from you?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Soloblincus(m): 10:24pm On May 05, 2013
Intresting thread u gat here
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Soloblincus(m): 10:33pm On May 05, 2013
Well, as for me, i was first a christain, then an atheist b4 agnostic. But now, i dont know which to consider my self as. Reasons being that i still pray to d god of d bible but i dont abide by his dictates because I dont find the bible reliable.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by ismokeweed1(f): 10:46pm On May 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....you can keep swearing for your wretched boyfriend...... grin grin
grin.....I use a laptop or a tablet to browse on wifi.....I am not like
your broke boyfriend on N200 for 20mb browsing on his fone. cool

I have explained my story quite well.....it is up for you to take or
leave it

COWARD

even with your ipad and iphone and imac and bb and tab and what ever the hell have you, the fact is that you are a big COWARD hiding behind the curtain called the world wide web to try and decieve your very own self

POST THAT STORY HERE OR REMAIN MUTE

stop beating about the forest mr. man
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Soloblincus(m): 10:50pm On May 05, 2013
I stoped being an atheist becos i realized dat even if d god of d bible was non existant, it was nt enuf to rule out d existence of a supreme being. While i was still pondering on dis issue, something strange happened to me.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by ismokeweed1(f): 10:58pm On May 05, 2013
[quote
author=2good]

Don't you have something better to do with your time rather than
following and insulting someone for having a different view from
you?[/quote]

i dont have anything against him or his views

its just that its surprising to me that he has grown ashamed of telling people the real truth about how, who & where he was converted . . . i dont know about yours but i swear(once again) that HIS OWN STORY IS EPIC
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Soloblincus(m): 12:01am On May 06, 2013
I was in d bathroom wen i heard a male voice say ''there is only one way'', it did not say jesus. Initially, i thought some one was trying to trick me back into theism, so i quickly opened d door bt nobody wuz there but d voice came from d ceiling and the only other person at home was my mum. I remember concluding dat my mum might have planed it to lure me back to her church. But till date, dat experiece still remains a mystery. A friend of mine said dat i must have been stressed out and heard noting but i know wat i heard.
When i was 'born again', some of my prayers were nt answered, others were, though i did nt jst wait 4 god, i made efforts.i remember oneday when i was about 10yrs old, i was hoping that nepa restores power to enable me watch a favourite program on tv. Two mins b4 d start, i remembered matt 7:7, and i prayed, as soon as i said amen, power was restored. That was one of the tins dat made me strong in faith in d begining, but honestly i never got such a fast 'answer' again.
In all, i feel there is a God, though i dont understand him and can't proof his existence but i am 200% sure he is not jehovah neither is he allah or any of these man made bosslike characters.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by wiegraf: 3:01am On May 06, 2013
^^
You are more deist, or theist, but I wouldn't call you atheist or agnostic.

I've seen people in bathrooms too, but I had good reason.. Amazing what cocktails can do to the mind..
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 3:24am On May 06, 2013
wiegraf: ^^
You are more deist, or theist, but I wouldn't call you atheist or agnostic.

I've seen people in bathrooms too, but I had good reason.. Amazing what cocktails can do to the mind..

You might want to rephrase that last sentence.....sounds like you were looking at pe.nises in bathrooms and you saw one so big..........................
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by wiegraf: 3:32am On May 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

You might want to rephrase that last sentence.....sounds like you were looking at pe.nises in bathrooms and you saw one so big..........................

You juzzdefedd frrieed my braaims

But I was fairly troubled. I nearly started shouting at him to get out

xx.xx is a hell of a drug(s)
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Purist(m): 3:26pm On May 11, 2013
Soloblincus:
i remember oneday when i was about 10yrs old, i was hoping that nepa restores power to enable me watch a favourite program on tv. Two mins b4 d start, i remembered matt 7:7, and i prayed, as soon as i said amen, power was restored. That was one of the tins dat made me strong in faith in d begining, but honestly i never got such a fast 'answer' again.

Nothing but coincidence there, man. I had exactly the same experience at about the same age too or less. My siblings and I were gathered at the dining table that night, diligently devouring our dinner. Being the youngest, I was mandated (albeit quite jokingly) to pray to god to restore power; the reward being an extra piece of meat if my prayer came to pass. Then I prayed. As soon as we all uttered the last 'Amen', electricity was restored instantaneously. Needless to say, I offered the same prayer multiple times after that night whenever the lights went off, and with the same or even stronger level of conviction (or faith, if you will), and guess what? Yeah, you guessed right: nothing ever happened again!

4 Likes

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by AtheistD(m): 3:28pm On May 11, 2013
Soloblincus: Two mins b4 d start, i remembered matt 7:7, and i prayed, as soon as i said amen, power was restored. That was one of the tins dat made me strong in faith in d begining, but honestly i never got such a fast 'answer' again.

shocked

This is where Christianity scares me.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by kambo(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2013
Soloblincus: I was in d bathroom wen i heard a male voice say ''there is only one way'', it did not say jesus. Initially, i thought some one was trying to trick me back into theism, so i quickly opened d door bt nobody wuz there but d voice came from d ceiling and the only other person at home was my mum. I remember concluding dat my mum might have planed it to lure me back to her church. But till date, dat experiece still remains a mystery. A friend of mine said dat i must have been stressed out and heard noting but i know wat i heard.
When i was 'born again', some of my prayers were nt answered, others were, though i did nt jst wait 4 god, i made efforts.i remember oneday when i was about 10yrs old, i was hoping that nepa restores power to enable me watch a favourite program on tv. Two mins b4 d start, i remembered matt 7:7, and i prayed, as soon as i said amen, power was restored. That was one of the tins dat made me strong in faith in d begining, but honestly i never got such a fast 'answer' again.
In all, i feel there is a God, though i dont understand him and can't proof his existence but i am 200% sure he is not jehovah neither is he allah or any of these man made bosslike characters.

interestg story. Hope u find d truth in d end. ask d one thru God (ur sure exists to lead u to him).
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by UyiIredia(m): 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
BUMP !
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: BUMP !

hmm
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by ezme(m): 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
I need someone to point my in the direction of any thread on atheist who have been discriminated against for their unbelief.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
ezme: I need someone to point my in the direction of any thread on atheist who have been discriminated against for their unbelief.

https://www.nairaland.com/1173767/atheists-stories-religious-discrimination-atheophobia
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Lincolnburrows(m): 6:04pm On Jul 06, 2013
What a thread. Anyway my name is Lincoln burrows. Just got to read this thread. Thanks to muskeeto.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lincoln burrows: What a thread. Anyway my name is Lincoln burrows. Just got to read this thread. Thanks to muskeeto.
For what?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by PastorKun(m): 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
musKeeto:
For what?

I see you have detiorated from an agnostic to an atheist

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I see you have declined from an agnostic to an atheist
grin
Na wa.. I know no say we get monitoring spirits for NL... just kidding..

Yes boss. Got tired of being confused. I can't do religion any more. I've moved on, and if there's a God, I hope he's as kind-hearted as I am.. grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by PastorKun(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
musKeeto:
grin

Yes boss. Got tired of being confused. I can't do religion any more. I've moved on, and if there's a God , I hope he's as kind-hearted as I am.. grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by PastorKun(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
musKeeto:
grin

Yes boss. Got tired of being confused. I can't do religion any more. I've moved on, and if there's a God , I hope he's as kind-hearted as I am.. grin

The bolded confirms you are still agnostic. cool
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The bolded confirms you are still agnostic. cool
Lol. Anyhow you want am.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by MrTroll(m): 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol. Anyhow you want am.
better go back to being a christian oOoº°˚ ˚°ºoOo m confusion is for sheeple angry
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
Mr Troll: better go back to being a christian oOoº°˚ ˚°ºoOo m confusion is for sheeple angry
Wetin una wan make I talk again?

I'm atheist. Simple. I don't believe a Supreme Being exists.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by MrTroll(m): 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
musKeeto:
Wetin una wan make I talk again?

I'm atheist. Simple. I don't believe a Supreme Being exists.
or you really dunno but you just wanna hold onto something that's less complicated and confusing, hence atheism?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Image123(m): 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
haaa nostalgia, this is that thread where a fella was close to tears when i told him the truth concerning his experience. How tome runs.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by loveroftruth: 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
musKeeto:
grin

Yes boss. Got tired of being confused. I can't do religion any more. I've moved on, and if there's a God, I hope he's as kind-hearted as I am.. grin

Good riddance of a green snake in a green grass causing the inexperience to stumble, the inexperience who keep reading your fraudulent Post, thinking you are a sincere person in search of knowledge not knowing you are rotten from inside out and only using sly words to keep deceiving the unwary souls to fall into the pit that you are in. cheesy

good that all should know that you are long gone and not take you for face value. cheesy

ever learning but never coming to knowledge.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Lincolnburrows(m): 2:22am On Jul 07, 2013
musKeeto:
For what?
For posting the link to this wonderful thread. Didn't know about the thread until u posted it as one of your favorite threads. It's quite an interesting thread having read all your stories. Your story was fascinating. So was cyrex and one other guy. I can only tell you that all your stories and views have now made me a better Christian. I'm working on a topic- HOW ATHEIST VIEWS HAVE MADE ME A BETTER CHRISTIAN- I'm gonna post it in a week's time. And BTW I'm sorry for your loss via sosoliso.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:37am On Jul 07, 2013
Hahaahaha... so where do I start from? Hmm.... smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Top Ten Gospel Songs / Free Sex Japan!!! / Great Bible Contradictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.