Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? (5436 Views)

Notable Signs That You Had A Good Or Bad Interview- What To Do Afterwards / Nafdac January 2012 Interview: What Next? / Chevron Interview What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by nossycheek(f): 11:03am On Feb 26, 2008
It may sound amusing but I am heavy and have an interview to attend as I seriously need to change my job. My questions are:
Am a professional with years of experience

what are the chances that I will be given a fair hearing considering my preg?
what can I wear to look smart enough?

I have shunned an earlier one with another company because of it.
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by Jenik(f): 11:27am On Feb 26, 2008
Please dont shun interview b/c of pregnancy. The baby is bringing you luck and you are shunning it. Dont you have suits? Just put your hands and forget about buttoning it. You will still look smart in it. The priority here is your performance please. CONGRATS!!!
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by nossycheek(f): 12:07pm On Feb 26, 2008
Thanks Jenik for the encouragement. I really need a change as I am bored with my present job.
Once again thanks.
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by Asibi: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2008
Thanks for this topic. I have the same problem. Have an interview scheduled for tomorrow.Now I'm encouraged and know what to wear.
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by holythug(m): 1:28pm On Feb 26, 2008
jalamia grin grin grin
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by dasayo: 1:51pm On Feb 26, 2008
being pregnant is not a plague or a disease, i will suggest a white camisole like a tank top that will cover the tummy instead of a shirt since u might just not button ur jacket and ur shirts at dis stage mite just be tight and uncomfortable. u r good to go in black suit with a white tank top if it covers all d way aight. try not to be irritated durin d interview, it is well!
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by holythug(m): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2008
to b frank. . .face d 9ja mentality it cld cost u an opportunity. . .its 9ja for u
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by NeoBlack(m): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2008
Sorry oo, i will better advise you to drop the pregnancy at home before you go for the Interview, and when you come back you carry your Pregnancy Back, So Simple. grin grin cheesy
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by LadyT(f): 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2008
No one will want to employ someone who in the next few months will need to go on leave to have a baby and stay at home for some months. You need to be in that job for a while to enjoy that benefit. anyway if you get the job you can't hide your stomach forever. I wish you all the best but you may find it hard getting a new job.
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by nossycheek(f): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2008
LadyT:

No one will want to employ someone who in the next few months will need to go on leave to have a baby and stay at home for some months. You need to be in that job for a while to enjoy that benefit. anyway if you get the job you can't hide your stomach forever. I wish you all the best but you may find it hard getting a new job.

that does not mean one should stop applying. In anycase, you don't know how soon they want to fill the vacancy. some openings stay for 3 months
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by LadyT(f): 8:07pm On Feb 26, 2008
Thats very true but even if people like to pretend we woman shouldnt. We have to pay dearly for having children. Its still a mans world out there,
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by hunter777(m): 10:45pm On Feb 26, 2008
a bou-bou will be ideal or try a maternity gown grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by Jenik(f): 9:11am On Feb 27, 2008
look cheek, dont mind these people that are discouraging you. When I once attended an interview with a pregnant woman and she got that job. I know that banks might not like the idea but do you know when this people will all successful candidates? That pregnant woman delivered before the appointment letter came out and we couldnt even recognise her again. Please what is yours is yours whether you are pregnant or not. Just pray for strength and boldness on that day.
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by NeoBlack(m): 1:22am On May 14, 2008
@Jenik I like your idea, hope to know you more better angry If you don't mind. or send me a message.
Re: Pregnant And Going For Interview, What Should I Wear? by bibiking1(m): 5:16am On May 14, 2008
Not wanting to let this opportunity pass, , i think this neoblack fella is just a spoilt little schoolchild, who does not seem to make for a serious discourse partner.
His signature even shows a high level of immaturity,
little minded simpleton!

(1) (Reply)

British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) Global Graduate Operations Programme 201 / My Experience With Health Stream Alliance-part 3 / Pls How Much Do Fast Food Companies Pay Graduates?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.