Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? (1879 Views)

Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Are There Any Diff Btw Muslims (Alfa) And Herbalists! Well, Don't Think So (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? by OCTAVO: 1:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
Hi peeps, I am actually very surprised that some people (christians) see the use of herbs as diabolic.
What is diabolic in using natural resources (herbs e.t.c) for treatment or other purposes?
The efficacy of herbs is undoubtedly proven unbeatable.
Is GOD not the creator of herbs?
He created herbs for mankind and gave some certain people diverse knowledge of its usage.
Why are herbalists seen as bad people?
Is there any scriptural sin attached to the use of herbs?
Pls peeps let‘s hear your opinion without sentiments.
Thanks.
Re: Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
OCTAVO: Hi peeps, I am actually very surprised that some people (christians) see the use of herbs as diabolic.
What is diabolic in using natural resources (herbs e.t.c) for treatment or other purposes?
The efficacy of herbs is undoubtedly proven unbeatable.
Is GOD not the creator of herbs?
He created herbs for mankind and gave some certain people diverse knowledge of its usage.
Why are herbalists seen as bad people?
Is there any scriptural sin attached to the use of herbs?
Pls peeps let‘s hear your opinion without sentiments.
Thanks.

Good afternoon sir,

I use herbs sometimes when I feel like it e.g you know the popular herb for fever (Agbo) was a personal favourite when I was growing up and it proved to be very effective. But you should realize that the use of herbs (or alternative medicine if you like)or patronizing herbalists is not in itself bad or against the Christian tenets.

However, if the herbalists you mentioned are involved with divination etc then it would be wrong for a Christian to patronize such individuals cause it would go against the first commandment.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? by Yooguyz: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
Are you asking a question? Or looking for second thoughts on the issue? However this is answer below
striktlymi:

Good afternoon sir,

I use herbs sometimes when I feel like it e.g you know the popular herb for fever (Agbo) was a personal favourite when I was growing up and it proved to be very effective. But you should realize that the use of herbs (or alternative medicine if you like)or patronizing herbalists is not in itself bad or against the Christian tenets.

However, if the herbalists you mentioned are involved with divination etc then it would be wrong for a Christian to patronize such individuals cause it would go against the first commandment.

Thank you!
you took the words outta my mouth bro!
Re: Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? by OCTAVO: 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ok.
Re: Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? by Tiphareth(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2013
striktlymi:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in herbalists performing divination for you if it is done by a true Babalawo or Ifa priest. Compare the process to your pastor revealing to you what the holy spirit has said after a short prayer. The process is the same but while your pastor does that through the western orthodox religion, the Babalawo also does the same through African Traditional Religion like Ifa or Odinala.

Tiphareth
Re: Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? by raptureready: 8:15am On Oct 30, 2013
Tiphareth: striktlymi:

There is absolutely nothing wrong in herbalists performing divination for you if it is done by a true Babalawo or Ifa priest. Compare the process to your pastor revealing to you what the holy spirit has said after a short prayer. The process is the same but while your pastor does that through the western orthodox religion, the Babalawo also does the same through African Traditional Religion like Ifa or Odinala.

Tiphareth

Except Jesus said;

"I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the father except through me..."
Re: Is It A Sin To Patronize Herbalists For Healing? by Yooguyz: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2013
Tiphareth: striktlymi:

Tiphareth

Am not sure Striktlymi said that, could you provide us with the link where he made such quote?

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Phones Gay Catholic,says"your Homosexuality Doesn't Matter". / Iran Prophecy "The Coming Is Upon Us" (mahdi) King Abdullah / I Am Sorry If Your Not A Christian, This Will Offend You But Think Of This ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.