Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections (8618 Views)

PDP Govs, Senators, Reps Begin Search For Credible National Chair / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by PastorKun(m): 2:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
It is now getting very obvious to most Nigerians that GEJ is clueless and has very little to offer this country in terms of development and the all important task of fighting corruption which is perhaps the biggest problem ravaging this country today. Granted I believe GEJ has made some giant strides in the area of Power sector reforms and he seems to be making some semblance of progress on the agricultural front it is my humble opinion that he does not have what it takes to lead this nation beyond 2015. Some of us voted for him in 2011 not because we had so much faith in him but cause of lack of a better candidate. To avoid such a costly mistake we the Nigerian youth should now start searching for and promoting young, credible, dynamic and visionary leaders to replace him in 2015.

In this vein I would like to ask great nairalanders to suggest/nominate two Nigerians who they think would be the best candidates to rule Nigeria come 2015. As for me my suggestions are Donald Duke and Babatunde Fashola.

3 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by aribisala0(m): 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
Patience Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Ngwakwe: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2013
Never say never

Nineteen months just spent, twenty nine months to go.

Assessment Result: Patience

Wishing him Goodluck and a second term return, hoping he will never fall my hand.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by kentoplash(m): 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
Mr Ibu. grin
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by PastorKun(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Never say never

Nineteen months just spent, twenty nine months to go.

Assessment Result: Patience

Wishing him Goodluck and a second term return, hoping he will never fall my hand.

The morning tells how the day is going to be. Corruption today is unprecedented in Nigerian history with the tacit connivance of the presidency. It can only get worse as he owes too many political obligations and he is desperate to return in 2015 which can only mean more money would be stolen to support his political ambition. As I said in my OP I voted for him and wished him well but it's now clear to me that GEJ is going to lead us nowhere in this country.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Ngwakwe: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
Better look for who will agree to be a part time President.

Pastor Kun:

The morning tells how the day is going to be. Corruption today is unprecedented in Nigerian history with the tacit connivance of the presidency. It can only get worse as he owes too many political obligations and he is desperate to return in 2015 which can only mean more money would be stolen to support his political ambition. As I said in my OP I voted for him and wished him well but it's now clear to me that GEJ is going to lead us nowhere in this country.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by anulaxad(m): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
NORMAN FOSTER. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by kunlekunle: 3:39am On Jan 10, 2013
ammend the constitution to be in aso rock for ever.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by wesley80(m): 3:52am On Jan 10, 2013
@OP Donald Duke and Fashola under which party, PDCN? Nothing wrong with picking names but how about a little realism while we are at it?

3 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Rhino5dm: 5:54am On Jan 10, 2013
Military Boyz.

3 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by mumumugu(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2013
He is the best for now
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by lanrefront1(m): 9:21am On Jan 10, 2013
Did hear you say you voted for because of the lack of a better candidate. Mr. Pastor, that is a big lie and you know it.

There was a better candidate. You could have voted for. But just like most Nigerians, you were carried away by sentiments and the "I had no shoes" campaign of Mr. Jonathan.

You voted not out logic" reasoning, but you voted on nothing but sheer sentiments. You did not even bother to look at the antecedents of the contestants.

As for me I voted for Buhari and I am proud of my decision.

Like a poster said, why not add a little realism to your choice Presidents for 2015. Buhari had a good chance to be President in the last elections. Another one is coming in 2015.

I say Buhari is the most qualified to rid Nigeria of the monster of corruption. He has the willpower, passion, clout to deal with the corrupt big guns holding Nigeria in slavery. After him others will follow to continue the good work, but we need home to lay the foundation for a Nigeria free of corruption and indiscipline.

You only deceive yourself if you think the likes of Fashola can break the back of the monster, corruption, in Nigeria. Is it Fashola who is Tinibu's boy, and together with his Godfather, they are stealing Lagos State bind?

6 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: It is now getting very obvious to most Nigerians that GEJ is clueless and has very little to offer this country in terms of development and the all important task of fighting corruption which is perhaps the biggest problem ravaging this country today. Granted I believe GEJ has made some giant strides in the area of Power sector reforms and he seems to be making some semblance of progress on the agricultural front it is my humble opinion that he does not have what it takes to lead this nation beyond 2015. Some of us voted for him in 2011 not because we had so much faith in him but cause of lack of a better candidate. To avoid such a costly mistake we the Nigerian youth should now start searching for and promoting young, credible, dynamic and visionary leaders to replace him in 2015.

In this vein I would like to ask great nairalanders to suggest/nominate two Nigerians who they think would be the best candidates to rule Nigeria come 2015. As for me my suggestions are Donald Duke and Babatunde Fashola.

The only person IMO that can solve this concern of urs to the barest minimum is Buhari. The choice is urs.
By the way, am just being inquisitive here. u said u voted for retardeen earlier because of lack of a better candidate right? what made the retardeen stood out (in terms of acheivement and antecedents) among other aspirants that marvels u to thumbprint for the killer party?

10 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 10, 2013
Sai Buhari! cool

12 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by PastorKun(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
It seems the buhari gang are gloating here, despite my regrets about Jonathan I would still vote for him ten times before I vote for buhari who I consider to be a very tribalised religious fanatic who has absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria. People continue to deceive themselves that buhari is capable of fighting corruption, they forget that in 1983 when he did it he was wielding military power and ruling by decree which made it easier. Today it's much more complex and buhari would not know were to start from. Asides that people also forget that it was Idiagbon who was effectively in charge and not the dummy called buhari. Lastly I keep on wondering how buhari who could not curtail corruption in a small organisation like PTF want to curb in a much bigger and far more complex entity like Nigeria.

My vote for GEJ was becos I believed he was committed to power reforms which is one of the biggest problems ravaging our economy. I never really saw him as an inspiring person. Today I remain vindicated cos of the steady progress in the power sector. That not withstanding GEJ has over stayed his welcome. It's time to search for a better replacement and an old conceited septugerian who couldn't perform on his own in his youth would definitely not fit the bill.

4 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by DeepSight(m): 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
lanre_front: Did hear you say you voted for because of the lack of a better candidate. Mr. Pastor, that is a big lie and you know it.

There was a better candidate. You could have voted for. But just like most Nigerians, you were carried away by sentiments and the "I had no shoes" campaign of Mr. Jonathan.

You voted not out logic" reasoning, but you voted on nothing but sheer sentiments. You did not even bother to look at the antecedents of the contestants.

As for me I voted for Buhari and I am proud of my decision.

Like a poster said, why not add a little realism to your choice Presidents for 2015. Buhari had a good chance to be President in the last elections. Another one is coming in 2015.

I say Buhari is the most qualified to rid Nigeria of the monster of corruption. He has the willpower, passion, clout to deal with the corrupt big guns holding Nigeria in slavery. After him others will follow to continue the good work, but we need home to lay the foundation for a Nigeria free of corruption and indiscipline.

You only deceive yourself if you think the likes of Fashola can break the back of the monster, corruption, in Nigeria. Is it Fashola who is Tinibu's boy, and together with his Godfather, they are stealing Lagos State bind?

Demdem:

The only person IMO that can solve this concern of urs to the barest minimum is Buhari. The choice is urs.
By the way, am just being inquisitive here. u said u voted for retardeen earlier because of lack of a better candidate right? what made the retardeen stood out (in terms of acheivement and antecedents) among other aspirants that marvels u to thumbprint for the killer party?

One of the problems of Nigeria is the fact that its people have no sense of morality, justice, propriety and honour. Buhari may be a disciplined figure, but he lacks every moral right to ever seek to benefit from, or participate in any democratic government in Nigeria, much less be a democratic president. The simple reason is the fact that he truncated the democratic 2nd Republic through a military coup: an act of treason which took this country 16 solid years of military rule to reverse.

In any civilized society, he should be tried for treason even today. Secondly, it is unimaginable that we have not deleted the names of ALL former military rulers from the official records as past Heads of State: it is even more mortifying that these persons sit on the Council of State as former Heads of State and even collect a pension from the state, aside from other continuing privileges.

It is disgusting, and shows that we have no respect whatsoever for ourselves as a people or as a nation, or as a State.

Anyway, my two suggestions for a future president of Nigeria would be Fashola - only if he leaves the ACN and the suffocating and corrupt influence of Tinubu; and Pat Utomi.

Neither will happen though. Our next president would likely be someone already circulating in Abuja such as Namadi Sambo or David Mark, or one of the business-as-usual governors, likely a northern one on account of the zoning idea.

3 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by bappahman: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Buhari
Ahmadu Muazu
Buba Marwa
Makarfi
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by PastorKun(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Deep Sight:

One of the problems of Nigeria is the fact that its people have no sense of morality, justice, propriety and honour. Buhari may be a disciplined figure, but he lacks every moral right to ever seek to benefit from, or participate in any democratic government in Nigeria, much less be a democratic president. The simple reason is the fact that he truncated the democratic 2nd Republic through a military coup: an act of treason which took this country 16 solid years of military rule to reverse.

In any civilized society, he should be tried for treason even today. Secondly, it is unimaginable that we have not deleted the names of ALL former military rulers from the official records as past Heads of State: it is even more mortifying that these persons sit on the Council of State as former Heads of State and even collect a pension from the state, aside from other continuing privileges.

It is disgusting, and shows that we have no respect whatsoever for ourselves as a people or as a nation, or as a State.

Anyway, my two suggestions for a future president of Nigeria would be Fashola - only if he leaves the ACN and the suffocating and corrupt influence of Tinubu; and Pat Utomi.

Neither will happen though. Our next president would likely be someone already circulating in Abuja such as Namadi Sambo or David Mark, or one of the business-as-usual governors, likely a northern one on account of the zoning idea.

1,000,000 likes smiley
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by hakanai(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
@pastor kun you are not a fair op.I thought the goal of this was to allow people choose a choice for themselves.You on the other hand ask a question.while already you are being sentimental and castigating peoples opinion.Why not allow people choose. That's our problem. WE ALWAYS LOVE TO HATE EACH OTHER!!!! If someone say he likes IBB what is your own?Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

I say Buhari,Ken Nnamani,Donald Duke,Fashola or Ribadu.Any of the combination
Else allow GEJ be abeg!

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by wesley80(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
Deep Sight:

Thank you for being realistic. I've always maintained that the PDP remains the quickest and most realistic way of realizing our dreams as a nation. The sooner Nigerians and the few honest politicians that've chosen to stand aside cos the game seems too dirty to be played realize the battle for the PDP is the battle for the heart and soul of Nigeria and every single thing we want her to be, the sooner we'll be on our way to utopia. For now we are stuck with accepting what the ruthlessly corrupt PDP internal system throws at us for want of better alternatives and relatively honest men like GEJ will continue to look like messiahs.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by redsun(m): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
In fifty years time,nigerians mentality will may remain the same and as long as the mentality is same,there can never good leaders.

Most nigerians,even the "educated"think it is the right of the politucians to steal.How can one begin to turn people like that around?It is a hopeless situation.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Afam4eva(m): 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
Here are some people that i think can cause a change either for the better or for the worse:

1) Donald Duke: This guy was probably the first governor to seperate himself and his state from the rest of the country as far as development is concerned. He made his state capital the most talked about city in Nigeria and his tourism structures the most admired in the federation. This mind has a tourist orientation which may not be unconnected to his being a member of the grail message. I think a vote for this man is a vote for serenity and tourism.

2) Babatunde Fashola: I've been one of the people that have put this guy on his toes. This is not because i feel he has not achieved but because i feel he can do better. Prior to his ascension to the position of the number one position on Nigeria's most populous state, the state was run like a mushroom state and there was chaos and incivility but since he came in, he's proven to political students and the populace that a city like Lagos can be sane and orderly. A vote for Fashola is a vote for civility and orderliness.

3) Rochas Okorocha: Even though this man is relatively new in the governorship seat of Imo state, his body language and utterance together with what he's achieved as the pioneer of the Rochas foundation, it can be concluded that this man is someone who loves his people. he really doesn't care about anything else as long as he can fend for the people he governs. many have called him Father Christmas because of his benevolent disposition which can be seen in the way he became the first governor in Nigeria to declare free education up to the tertiary level. A vote for Rochas is a vote for the common man.

4) Buhari: I voted for this man in 2011 because i didn't see status quo written on his forehead. He's his own man and not tied to anybody or any political structure. Infact he's a Maverick. He can do and undo. He's someone that can turn Nigeria's situation for the better or for the worse. He's a no nonsense person with an authoritarian background. A vote for Buhari is a vote for the destruction of the status quo.

17 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
Deep Sight:

i respect ur opinion however ur sole reason for nullifying Buhari to me is so petty and ignorable. our country primarily is in a mess as a result of corruption and impunity which the Op himself also recognized. Both Pat and Fashola u suggested though also good candidates in my opinion do not have the clout, desire and capability to hold those that have held us hostage by the balls tightly. All i want is someone that would fight this menace and things will begin to fall in place.
Love him or hate him, Nothing in our laws prevents Buhari from beneffiting from any democratic setting. If the likes of OBj could, why not him?

The only person that can fight the battle headlong is Buhari. If u or the OP can think of any other candidate u think can fight it, kindly suggest but till then, Buhari takes it.
I would love a Buhari/fashola Combo.

5 Likes

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva:
4) Buhari: I voted for this man in 2011 because i didn't see status quo written on his forehead. He's his own man and not tied to anybody or any political structure. Infact he's a Maverick. He can do and undo. He's someone that can turn Nigeria's situation for the better or for the worse. He's a no nonsense person with an authoritarian background. A vote for Buhari is a vote for the destruction of the status quo.

Well said Afam.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by jmaine: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
Buhari contesting with OBJ is an express way for a GEJ victory if he decides to contest . . .Don't repeat that error again cheesy
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Ganys: 3:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
How many times will i read threads of this same tittle, Nairaland is getting boring on a per seconds Billing, No wonder Garri & First to comment bandits always have their ways...i no blame them angry angry
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Demdem(m): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pastor Kun: It seems the buhari gang are gloating here, despite my regrets about Jonathan I would still vote for him ten times before I vote for buhari who I consider to be a very tribalised religious fanatic who has absolutely nothing to offer Nigeria. People continue to deceive themselves that buhari is capable of fighting corruption, they forget that in 1983 when he did it he was wielding military power and ruling by decree which made it easier. Today it's much more complex and buhari would not know were to start from. Asides that people also forget that it was Idiagbon who was effectively in charge and not the dummy called buhari. Lastly I keep on wondering how buhari who could not curtail corruption in a small organisation like PTF want to curb in a much bigger and far more complex entity like Nigeria.

The colored part is a Lie. OBJ investigated PTF to nail buhari and nothing was found missing.
Infact this whole piece up here has no basis.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by jigawatts(m): 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
JACK BAUER grin grin

On a more serious note:

RIBADU/ FASHOLA ........ Ma choice always smiley
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by wesley80(m): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
afam4eva: Rochas Okorocha: Even though this man is relatively new in the governorship seat of Imo state, his body language and utterance together with what he's achieved as the pioneer of the Rochas foundation, it can be concluded that this man is someone who loves his people. he really doesn't care about anything else as long as he can fend for the people he governs. many have called him Father Christmas because of his benevolent disposition which can be seen in the way he became the first governor in Nigeria to declare free education up to the tertiary level. A vote for Rochas is a vote for the common man
Rochas is a populist that thinks governance is an ego trip. Yes it has made him very popular but for how long can he keep choosing policies just for the "high" cheers from the populace brings? How sustainable are his populist policies? And where would he stand when tough decisions are to be made, with the common man or with common sense? IMO, his disposition puts a huge question mark on his presidential ambition.

As for Fashola, he's done enough to merit his name being on a prospective list but his loyalty to his Godfather is startling. Its either Tinubu isn't what he's been made out to be by the media or Fashola is the greenest snake under the green cover of governance and you know what they say: The Devil you know . . . .

If I had to pick, it would be between Pat Utomi and Donald Duke.
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2013
I'm on for buhari.....

I know rochas is picking a vp ticket wt a northerner....

For me, Buhari or Ribadu.

1 Like

Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by Ganys: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
i
Re: Suggestions For Credible Alternatives To Jonathan In 2015 Elections by ypzilanti: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
Oshiomole is the least controversial and most acceptable alternative. A man that has a brand name above the tribal politics of Nigeria, and ability to do the hard work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Would Not Be Pushed To War By The Igbo's. / Political Miscalculation May Mar 2023 Igbo Presidency – APC Chieftain / Enugu State Governor Votes, Observers Describe Elections As Peaceful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.