Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (1082) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1265510 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sosiqdude(m): 6:55am On Sep 02, 2016
GIYAZZ:
NAIRALAND 2016 TEXT CYPHER

Guys, it's been a long long time. And I think it's high time we all came back to our dome and revive it. Let's drop bars like we used to on Flow for rank, lets cypher, argue, battle and have fun like before. Those good times, bro.

That's why I came up with this cypher, as you all know; a cypher is one platform were emcees or lyricists get to exhibit their skills. And I thought this cypher would provoke our mojos and put us bank on track.

A lot of us have gone our separate ways to look for something else that would give them that fun we used to enjoy here, but I'm sure like me, it has been a boring adventure for them.
I've even been to other text rap battle sites, just to go get that equal fun I used to get here. But none of them gave me what I wanted. Some even detested me because of the fact that I am a Nairalander. Hehe, I don't know why they hate Nairaland Ninjaz that much, but I think it's jealousy. Lol, yes, because we are greater than them lyrically, technically and book-wise. wink

And I think it's high time we got back on track and sit on our throne as the kings of internet rap battles.
We will use this cypher to wake our treasured gladiators. Then, we will host the King's tournament with a money prize attached to it. Our able bosses will definitely have that covered.

All you gotta do now, is dust your pens and get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!

And about the cypher, I am suggesting we go with this topic "Insane lyricists" . . . I think the topic will allow us express our lyrical abilities more and then paint better pictures of what we intend to communicate to our audience on Nairaland and the texcee world at large.

But I will have to leave the stage for our able moderator, Mikuz, to further address us and inform us about our future plans with respect to this dome. Thank you. smiley

And don't forget to drop comments and chat about this idea. Let's bring back the vibe.

Emaprince
Alexpissu
Ibime
Reyginius
Airmark
Coogar
Mikuz
Giyazz
Glacierz
Jason21
TheSonOfMark
Joseph1832
Darkenedrebel
Guykhena
Limerick
Muhgd
Llaykorn
Krone
Ksslib
CaptAwesome
CaptainCids
Captainflash
Elymaxiimus
Funlord
YoungDaNaval
Lagunna1
Ojoawo
Obainojazz
JReyez
thunderstorm
Elvisonjack2
Deepthoughts
Dj5naira
Jigsawkillah
Wrongturn
Naijaboiy
Sinizia
Testerfuze
teddybiyasi
Lezz
Sammcarter
Geoxpress
Heywhizzy
Grayline
Gottoboy
Willofsteel
Sosiqdude
Richommie
Rapacme
Liricyst
Obesemf
Gladyys
Sinizia
Supermiy
Raplinx999
Dklef
Adanna28
Danbrowndmf
Lhood

nice... I've been expecting this.. Cypher yo‼
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
If the text cypher can hold, I'll try my best to partake in it. It might be just what we need to revive this section.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 11:43am On Sep 03, 2016
liricyst:
Insane lyricists huh?

Okay..
Are you the same Chukwunonso on rap genesis?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2016
GIYAZZ:
Lol, Mikuz said he's not interested.
Not INSANE LYRICIST pls, just Nairaland 2016 Textrap Cypher.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
Which one of y'all plays this game.. CLASH OF KINGS?

2 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
Emaprince:
Which one of y'all plays this game.. CLASH OF KINGS?

I've seen the game's advert many times while playing Subway Surf. Is it interesting?

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
sinizia:

I've seen the game's advert many times while playing Subway Surf. Is it interesting?
Yeah, it's really very interesting and addictive. But then, its frustrating cos its more like survival of the fittest thingy. Stronger lords destroys the younger ones. Growing is very difficult cos stronger lords will destroy the soldiers that you spent hours, days, weeks and months to train. It takes wks to upgrade your castle and train soldiers. It also advicable to join an alliance so that you will be kinda protected especially when you teleport your castle to the alliance territory.

There are stronger allainces though. Its a game that unnoticeably eat data too. Though not much.

My guy, this morning, a stronger lord attcked my castle and killed about 35000 soldiers that took me a month to train. I had about 16000 remaining and another dude attacked me and finished it off. I no fit touch am again. I reckoned that if some of us here are playing it, we may form an alliance and fight for each other. It's fun.

BTW, it took me a week to even understand the game. I never still understand am finish.

The phone I'm using now.... I bought it early August and I'm giving it to my lil sis. I'll buy another one and maybe start the game afresh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
Double post
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
Emaprince:
Yeah, it's really very interesting and addictive. But then, its frustrating cos its more like survival of the fittest thingy. Stronger lords destroys the younger ones. Growing is very difficult cos stronger lords will destroy the soldiers that you spent hours, days, weeks and months to train. It takes wks to upgrade your castle and train soldiers. It also advicable to join an alliance so that you will be kinda protected especially when you teleport your castle to the alliance territory.

There are stronger allainces though. Its a game that unnoticeably eat data too. Though not much.

My guy, this morning, a stronger lord attcked my castle and killed about 35000 soldiers that took me a month to train. I had about 16000 remaining and another dude attacked me and finished it off. I no fit touch am again. I reckoned that if some of us here are playing it, we may form an alliance and fight for each other. It's fun.

BTW, it took me a week to even understand the game. I never still understand am finish.

The phone I'm using now.... I bought it early August and I'm giving it to my lil sis. I'll buy another one and maybe start the game afresh.
lmao
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2016
Limerick:

Are you the same Chukwunonso on rap genesis?

No. Chukwunonso is Maverick. I'm the liricyst. Different peeps yo.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 1:31am On Sep 06, 2016
liricyst:

what's ur fb nick?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 5:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
liricyst:

you're him!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by teddybiyasi(f): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
Cool
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
JigsawKillah:

you're him!

Nope.

Liricyst and Maverick are two different personas created by Chukwunonso Ezeiru.

They live in the same body though.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2016
Limerick:
what's ur fb nick?

Liricyst Nornor
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2016
Audio battle call out!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 6:36am On Sep 10, 2016
I wanna see limerick vs lyricist. grin...
I'm hosting this.. What y'all say?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 6:40am On Sep 10, 2016
Airmark, well done. Who would have thought this section would be this lively?

I mean, battles are now being held week in, week out; there's an on-going tourney, and a cipher is kicking. All thanks to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Kookny(m): 7:09am On Sep 10, 2016
What was I doin in da "poems for review" section?
When my clique's done a path, built a nation.

I'm in, ds is home.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2016
So, I came up with an Idea. A new way to set bar limits for battles.

Counting bars/lines in battles has always been a problem. This is owing to the varying definition of the word, BAR, among rapheads.

All this while, in order to be able to count their bars, battlers are mandated to put the bars in quatrains. We then make the assumption that 1 bar = 1 quatrain. But really, sometimes, some quatrains are long enough to be a verse. E.g, some of darkrebel's quatrains. grin

Also, since only this quatrain-after-quatrain layout is accepted, it is difficult for textcees to be flexible (that is, using other layouts). I'm sure you would agree with me that there were times when the type and style of bars you wanted to write didn't really fit in that quatrain-after-quatrain layout.

So, instead of counting bars/lines, how about WE COUNT WORDS?

This will lay the problem of stretching to rest. Also, a battler can be flexible if he so wishes (I.e, you don't have to always arrange your bars in quatrains. You can use any other form you like, provided you don't exceed the word limit).

I'm going to come up with the MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF WORDS FOR A REGULAR BATTLE by estimating the average amount of words we've had in unstretched 10-bar(quatrain) verses.

In the meantime, I'll like to have your comments.

Emaprince
Alexpissu
Ibime
Reyginius
Airmark
Coogar
Mikuz
Giyazz
Glacierz
Jason21
Joseph1832
Darkenedrebel
Guykhena
Limerick
Muhgd
Llaykorn
Krone
Ksslib
CaptAwesome
CaptainCids
Captainflash
Funlord
YoungDaNaval
Lagunna1
Ojoawo
Obainojazz
JReyez
thunderstorm
Elvisonjack2
Deepthoughts
Dj5naira
Jigsawkillah
Wrongturn
Sinizia
Testerfuze
teddybiyasi
Sammcarter
Geoxpress
Heywhizzy
Grayline
Gottoboy
Willofsteel
Richommie
Rapacme
Liricyst
Obesemf
Gladyys
Sinizia
Supermiy
Raplinx999
Dklef
Adanna28
Danbrowndmf

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by llaykorn: 8:29am On Sep 10, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:

I mean, battles are now being held week in, week out; there's an on-going tourney, and a cipher is kicking. All thanks to you.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JAWASIL(m): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:

Sarcasm. Incompetent moderators. They killed this section.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 12:59am On Sep 12, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
I wanna see limerick vs lyricist. grin...

I'm hosting this.. What y'all say?
So that all these inexperienced Voters can come and vote rubbish..
Thank You Very Much!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by liricyst(m): 10:16am On Sep 12, 2016
Limerick:

So that all these inexperienced Voters can come and vote rubbish..
Thank You Very Much!

Lol. Limerick still dey vex.

Brother sorry that you had to block me on facebook. Seriously, there was no conspiracy against you. Afterall, you did beat Eric Arthur an admin. That should tell you the DVs are neutral.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Limerick:
So that all these inexperienced Voters can come and vote rubbish.. Thank You Very Much!
Okay.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by iykekelvins(m): 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
I wan learn rap oh, chaii
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 12:54am On Sep 13, 2016
liricyst:

Lol. Limerick still dey vex.

Brother sorry that you had to block me on facebook. Seriously, there was no conspiracy against you. Afterall, you did beat Eric Arthur an admin. That should tell you the DVs are neutral.
What are you talking about?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by dj5naira(m): 1:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
HBD2HMZi.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
teddybiyasi:
Cool

You just pop in once in a while and drop a monosyllabic comment at best. How far na?
Are you in Lag now?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 7:28am On Sep 19, 2016
IamWestAfrican and others, peep this battle. It's the hottest battle out right now from Smack's BL3 that was just released last Saturday. That ninja Mike P along with Rum Nitty are two newcomers that pack enough heat and hit hard. And this battle also marked Daylyt's URL debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxulc0lCK8M
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by okayw(m): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2016
[New music ] Okay W - E go better https://my.notjustok.com/track/131769/okay-w-e-go-better download nd drop ur comment

(1) (2) (3) ... (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) ... (1118) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.