Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,468 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (1079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1257934 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 1:53am On Jul 12, 2016
heard nitty did clips bad grin
can't wait for the footage
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2016
darkenedrebel:

This isn't truculence or obstinacy. This is me whooping your áss like Joe Jackson. Except, unlike Joe, I'm doing mine with logic and facts, not belts.
Is this a brawl? This, although not my wish, is an argument. Hence, the use of WHOOP is totally out of place. If it were a brawl, we all know what the outcome would be. wink

That would be the straw man fallacy, not post hoc. Know the difference.
Nah! Don't speak latin to an asian if you're not ready to hear his chinese.

I simply served you a dose of your own medicine. The latin clause had nothing to do with this argument, in this first place.

It had nothing to do with swimming. He was making a reference to a sitcom that used to air in the '80s.
lolololol. You must have cotton wool germinating in your ears for you to think con played folk/four. grin Why would any sane person play four with folk?

Who told you he was making a movie reference and not swimming?

As I said earlier he wasn't talking about swimming. He was referencing the 1985 American Sitcom titled 'Different Strokes'. The one that had Gary Coleman in it.
This is an arbitrary inference. A shot in the dark. You have nothing to back up your claim.

How can you think something is better and more complex when you don't even understand the bars and are muddling up the references? Next you will say is that Con was referencing Jeffrey Dahmer killing 25 Caucasian virgins in the swimming pool. grin
Little wonder why you thought magic had that round: Most of con's bars went over your head. I'm sure you didn't also understand the jerry springer line, so, you didn't reply that.

Your opinion, not mine.
Yeah. After all, it's always different strokes for different folks.

By the way, you voted 2 - 1 in favor of magic. So, which round do you think con won if not round 1?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by madecity(m): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2016
abeg watsapp grp no dey for dis package...if ee dey make person add me up 08146517500

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by mattmogan88: 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
I was in pain, wen I saw Tpain, selling Plantain, in Spain..
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by dj5naira(m): 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
....had to maintain.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by LuveU2(f): 9:36am On Jul 19, 2016
JigsawKillah:
heard nitty did clips bad grin
can't wait for the footage
Hope u turn out a very great rapper smiley

btw dear, pls i need you to vote for my candidate right in my siggy, just like you voted last year, 2015
Voting commences next week and i will surely notify u with the appropriate link when it starts. Thank u!

Awaiting ur reply! smiley
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
Lord of the rings or Holocaust Tourney? Let's kick start??

cc; Airmark JIGSAWKILLAH darkenedrebel Kr0ne

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
GIYAZZ:

Why u no tag me?
C'mon let's host this

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
GIYAZZ:

cc; Airm.ark JIGSAWKI.LLAH darkene.drebel K.r0ne

sure they will even turn up? we have many wacks than dopeheads patrolling this section these days but if a couple of the older ones turn up, I'll sign up too.

limerick, participate lemme whoop you once and for all
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Negrol(m): 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] I Want To Make My First Debut Here, Who's Up?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Limerick: 11:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
JigsawKillah:

sure they will even turn up? we have many wacks than dopeheads patrolling this section these days but if a couple of the older ones turn up, I'll sign up too.

limerick, participate lemme whoop you once and for all
You wish

2 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 8:03am On Jul 20, 2016
Limerick:

Why u no tag me?
C'mon let's host this
Lol, oga no vex.

JIGSAWKILLAH, I see your point. But I will make sure I hit up all our heads for this tourney. Anyone who doesn't turn up will be left alone.

I will talk to Lagunna, already talking to him sef. Emaprince, Adanna, Fuckyouhard, Liricyst, Obesemf, 007bruce etc, and then some couple of Facebook vets. This is gonna be fun. Revival shyt!

We all just need to be active, so we won't slow down the tourney. And some of us gotta be in the organization team, so we may not be battling. I'm already up to sacrifice my time though. I just need more vets to turn up.

Can we do this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2016
Limerick:
You wish

just participate

GIYAZZ:
Lol, oga no vex.
JIGSAWKILLAH, I see your point. But I will make sure I hit up all our heads for this tourney. Anyone who doesn't turn up will be left alone.
I will talk to Lagunna, already talking to him sef. Emaprince, Adanna, Fuckyouhard, Liricyst, Obesemf, 007bruce etc, and then some couple of Facebook vets. This is gonna be fun. Revival shyt!
We all just need to be active, so we won't slow down the tourney. And some of us gotta be in the organization team, so we may not be battling. I'm already up to sacrifice my time though. I just need more vets to turn up.
Can we do this?

yes we can
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by PeinDanzo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2016
I'll turn up for d tourney.... although attempts should be made to fix the voting system and curb dickriding

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by teddybiyasi(f): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
wtf
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by obainojazz(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2016
PeinDanzo:
I'll turn up for d tourney.... although attempts should be made to fix the voting system and curb dickriding
he may look like a fagg, type like a fagg
...don't be decieved, he's a fagg
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
GIYAZZ:

This is a good idea. I'm signing up as a judge.

You guys should start looking for sponsors. I think money would serve as an incentive and give a welcome fillip to the tourney.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Emaprince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP4C87iMO4c

I think Charlie Clips won DNA by a slender margin.
Now this is what they call a true off-the-top freestyle.

I've watched the video some two years ago though.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
ELYMAXiimus:
Is this a brawl? This, although not my wish, is an argument. Hence, the use of WHOOP is totally out of place. If it were a brawl, we all know what the outcome would be. wink

The outcome would be me winning then the haters would pour in en masse to sway the votes and frustrate the voting-process. After that the low-IQ individuals of this section that are not qualified to judge a rap-battle would then troop in with their half-baked judgements.

Nah! Don't speak latin to an asian if you're not ready to hear his chinese

Are you Asian?

I simply served you a dose of your own medicine. The latin clause had nothing to do with this argument, in this first place

Oh no. . .it had everything to do with the argument. You committed a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and I had to point it out.

lolololol. You must have cotton wool germinating in your ears for you to think con played folk/four. grin

I don't have cotton wool in my ear. Besides, cotton wool does not germinate in the ears. Cerumen is what can be found in the ears. That's the type of thing you ought to know. . . . .considering the fact that you're a science student.

. . . . .and for the record, I don't have cerumen in my ears. Freecocoa[my wife who am sure is very angry with me] grin made sure I got rid of it a long time ago grin

Why would any sane person play four with folk?

It is insane to play four with folk but commendatory to play you far with jaffar?
You're talking moonshine.

Jigsawkillah was not lying when he said you are used to listening to Falz the bad guy grin grin

FYI, Americans usually pronounce the word four as foe. . . . .especially the Afro-Americans.
To play fours with folks is a pardonable reach.

And besides, why are you arguing whether or not Conceited played four/folk?
It's on geniuslyrics.com. Type this in whatever search engine it is that you use: conceited vs b-magic lyrics. Click on the result that has the word 'genius' in it. When you do that go to the part of the lyrics that Con talked about 'raising different folks' then click on it. The site would explain the bar for you when you do so. And mind you, geniuslyrics works in conjunction with artistes, rappers etc so every explanation you would get there is 100% legit.

Who told you he was making a movie reference and not swimming?

I knew he wasn't talking about swimming because I have a working knowledge of all that matters in the universe. grin

This is an arbitrary inference. A shot in the dark. You have nothing to back up your claim

Sharaaap mister man and stop embarrassing yourself. I have already given you proof - go to geniuslyrics and see for yourself. Go to youtube comment box and you would still find the same thing. Ask Ibime, ask Jigsaw and they would all tell you that Con was referencing the movie that starred Gary Coleman when he rapped about 'different folks'.

. . . . .swimming ko swimming ni. . . . . grin

I just don't want to post the link myself to avoid anti-spambot.

Little wonder why you thought magic had that round: Most of con's bars went over your head I'm sure you didn't also understand the jerry springer line, so, you didn't reply that

As I said, I have a working knowledge of everything that has to do with HOLLYWOOD and the entertainment industry. You think I wouldn't know about the Jerry Springer show?
Don't think you are talking to your regular run-of-the-mill Nigerian here.

No single bar in KOTD, URL, Nairaland or any frigging rap platform at all has ever gone over my head[Unless it's of one of those Warriblood's wuruwuru bars grin grin].

My point is if I didn't talk about the Jerry Springer line it's because I thought it was wack or average. . . . .and it is you that Con's bars flew over his head considering the fact that you don't know that Con was referencing the movie 'different folks' and not swimming.

It's simple common sense, Elymax. . . . . .simple common sense and spatial reasoning. Swimming is a white dominated sport in the United States and its viewership comprises mainly of Caucasians. Why would Con make references to a sport that is not popular among the Blacks, especially since he is rapping in a room full of niggas?. . . . . .common sense, Elymax. . . .common sense.

Yeah. After all, it's always different strokes for different folks.
By the way, you voted 2 - 1 in favor of magic. So, which round do you think con won if not round 1?

I would give Conceited round two. I liked his caramel bar,the line about Rodney King and the Angela Simmons bar. They were not as generic as what he dropped in round one. His round one was the worst of his rounds.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 10:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by PeinDanzo(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
obainojazz:
he may look like a fagg, type like a fagg
...don't be decieved, he's a fagg

this is the reason why your father abandoned you when you were barely 2 - lack of brain cells!!!!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 8:31am On Jul 23, 2016
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Are you Asian?
You did a good job reading a literal meaning to that. Clap for yaself.

Oh no. . .it had everything to do with the argument. You committed a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and I had to point it out.
Stop using words/languages you barely understand. This is Immaterial to the argument.

I don't have cotton wool in my ear. Besides, cotton wool does not germinate in the ears. Cerumen is what can be found in the ears. That's the type of thing you ought to know. . . . .considering the fact that you're a science student.
Not again. If at your age you couldn't discern that that was a simple figure of speech, I wonder how you would be able to decipher intrinsic creativity underlying in bars (without going to seek help in rap forums/sites) grin

It is insane to play four with folk but commendatory to play you far with jaffar?
You're talking moonshine.
he didn't play four with folk.

I will admit that I was wrong. But only in terms of the angle where the punch was coined from.

However, you were also wrong. In a bid to demean his plays vis-a-vis magic, you said he played folks/fours. What he played was foes/fours which is pardonable. cool

FYI, Americans usually pronounce the word four as foe. . . . .especially the Afro-Americans.
To play fours with folks is a pardonable reach.
Americans don't pronounce four as foe. Some of this rappers only do that in order to play with words.

You made it hard for me to believe because of your insistence that he played fours/folks. If you had said fours/foes at the outset, I probably wouldn't have stretched it this far. No time.

And besides, why are you arguing whether or not Conceited played four/folk?
It's on geniuslyrics.com. Type this in whatever search engine it is that you use: conceited vs b-magic lyrics. Click on the result that has the word 'genius' in it. When you do that go to the part of the lyrics that Con talked about 'raising different folks' then click on it. The site would explain the bar for you when you do so. And mind you, geniuslyrics works in conjunction with artistes, rappers etc so every explanation you would get there is 100% legit.
gringrin... You have done your homework well this time around. Nonetheless, it was foes not folks.

I knew he wasn't talking about swimming because I have a working knowledge of all that matters in the universe. grin
shattap, mr man. You went to check it out immediately I posted the bar to ascertain its meaning.

You understood a bar that referenced a movie that was shot before you came into existence. Yeah, right.

And don't rebut this by saying you had researched it before this argument, or give some other shitty excuse. grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
darkenedrebel:
. . . . .swimming ko swimming ni. . . . . grin
Con should have worded that bar from this (swimming) angle. It still doesn't change the fact that con was better in round 1.

As I said, I have a working knowledge of everything that has to do with HOLLYWOOD and the entertainment industry. You think I wouldn't know about the Jerry Springer show?
Don't think you are talking to your regular run-of-the-mill Nigerian here.
Run your lips all you want; prior to this controversial discussion, you didn't have an Idea about what he meant. If you did, you would have given him more credit than I did.

No single bar in KOTD, URL, Nairaland or any frigging rap platform at all has ever gone over my head[Unless it's of one of those Warriblood's wuruwuru bars grin grin].
stop lying. Prior to now, con's bars eluded your cognitive ability. grin why else would you think magic won round one?

My point is if I didn't talk about the Jerry Springer line it's because I thought it was wack or average. . . . .and it is you that Con's bars flew over his head considering the fact that you don't know that Con was referencing the movie 'different folks' and not swimming.
Like I said before; If, initially, that bar didn't fly over your head, you would have even given him more credit than I did.

It's simple common sense, Elymax. . . . . .simple common sense and spatial reasoning. Swimming is a white dominated sport in the United States and its viewership comprises mainly of Caucasians. Why would Con make references to a sport that is not popular among the Blacks, especially since he is rapping in a room full of niggas?. . . . . .common sense, Elymax. . . .common sense.

This is a dumb and paralysed syllogism. So, because swimming is dominated by the whites, battle rappers consider referencing the sport impolitic?

Do you know how many url/kotd battlers have played 'back strokes' using different swimming angles?

I would give Conceited round two. I liked his caramel bar,the line about Rodney King and the Angela Simmons bar. They were not as generic as what he dropped in round one. His round one was the worst of his rounds.
The rodney king and angela simmons bars were hot. On the other hand, the caramel bar was flawed.

"It will take nothing BUT A FINGER" to PUT IT ALL IN THIS NIGGA; . . .

the butterfinger play would have been nice in a different word-environment. The context in which it was used crippled its effect.

Look at that line again and notice that it is "faggish".

Did you see the crowd reaction to that particular bar? Did you see magic? He guffawed @ the silly bar.

Well, sometimes, I give round two to con. Some other times, I think it's a tie.

2 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:17am On Jul 25, 2016
My ogas dem ah hail oooh
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
Jigsawkillah, I just rewatched the big k vs con battle. It wasn't as if Big k destroyed con. The WHITE crowd were racial in their backings. They ruined the battle and made it seem one sided with their racism.

They weren't even listening to anything con had to say. At a point, they started booing him. Kids!

I'm going to search for the lyrics of the brawl, read them and make my judgement based on that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
mattmogan88:
I was in pain, wen I saw Tpain, selling Plantain, in Spain..
grin

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by llaykorn: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
danbrowndmf:
grin
Brutherly, how's the world doing you? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) (1080) (1081) (1082) ... (1118) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.