Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (700) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1264648 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 4:47am On Apr 12, 2015
I've watched as this argument here has raged on for days and I can't help but shake my head sometimes. No need arguing this, if someone has made up his mind about which side to align with, there's pretty much nothing you can do to sway his mind. So I'll just say this: I'm a huge Eminem fan. He's super dópe and have carved a niche for himself in the Rap game; but if that lad ever say to my face "Rap God was not pre-written, but off the top of my head," I swear I'll decimate his jaw with a thunderous earth-shattering slap before saying "GTFOH with your bogus lie, you must think I was born in few hours ago, off the top ko, on the down ni. Mtcheeewww!!!"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ibime(m): 8:38am On Apr 12, 2015
coogar:

this is the most idiotic comment on this thread. rap olympics = 97, rap god = 2013. even if we agree for arguments sake that eminem couldn't freestyle in 1997, it then means he hasn't improved 16 years later?

eminem freestyled in rap olympics - he had 6 ties against juice before he was defeated in the final. if he couldn't freestyle, is ibime insinuating eminem wrote 6 different rounds for the final match? eminem saw the future and he knew 3 rounds wouldn't be enough so he wrote 6?

some of you know nada about battle rap. it's a shame that a head as big as ibime's has no logical content in it. how can a seasoned battle rapper not know how to freestyle & he came 2nd in a rap competition held faraway in LA in 1997. the only reason juice won was the homecourt advantage.

Eminem didn't freestyle in Rap Olympics. Almost every lyric he dropped in that competition turned up on Slim Shady LP album. They were prewrittens.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 9:12am On Apr 12, 2015
Ibime:

Eminem didn't freestyle in Rap Olympics. Almost every lyric he dropped in that competition turned up on Slim Shady LP album. They were prewrittens.

oh shut up & stop pretending you are clued up about battle rap. apart from the line - "You ain't gonna sell two copies if you press a double album", which other bar in the 4 different battles in that competition turned up in the slim shady LP?

Darkrebel666:

I don't think Ibime meant Eminem couldn't freestyle at all in rap Olympics..of course he can but it's wasn't smooth and most of his bars were fillers...

and he came 2nd?
that competition must have been filled with retärds for an unknown white boy from detroit to go to LA and beat niggaz in their art.

remember that Eminem himself said it in that Red bull interview that he wrote his battle verses then mixed with a little freestyle but most of his material were written. So Majority of his punchlines in Rap olympics was pre-written

he didn't say that - stop lying.
what he said was the so called freestyling in most battles had a bit of pre-written in it but sometimes you get in the zone, you forget what you have written and you manufacture bars in the air and whoop your opponent with it.

He also said proof was the only one in their group that could freestyle from top to bottom...Even Proof can't freestyle like you believe eminem did on rap god . cos if he was still alive, his freestyling would have been on a whole different level..

he said proof was the best freestylist in the group - that does not suggest he himself is not a beast in freestyling. the freestyle they did on MTV inside a car, eminem whopped proof hands down.

Even at that he can't throw heavily laced multies and complex rhymes or do a tongue twister off the top... or is Eminem a better freestylist than proof
Coogar ..please

he is the best in the art of polysyllables and complex rhymes. eminem has one of the best vocab pool in the rap industry & his ability to slant rhymes gives him the best flexibility. even words that shouldn't rhyme on paper would rhyme when eminem spits it. if eminem counts 1-20, he would make it rhyme perfectly.

Rap God was not freestyled... ..This is the problem with core Eminem fans..you take him as a god..if he says he doesn't piss or poo , his staunch fans would still believe...
He has already said you stans take things too literally

rap god was freestyled - the sloppiness of the lyrics suggest to me he was freestyled. lyrically, the entire track is meaningless, lacks any content or direction - but he rhymed the fück outta the joint.

eminem can't freestyle & yet he did freestyle aerobics with stretch armstrong on radio? stretch was throwing words at him every 20 seconds and eminem was destroying those words with multis & complex rhyme scheme? half of you dunno what eminem is all about.

stretch - "animal crackers"

eminem - "animal crackers is what i do when i eat MCs like a cannibal backwards"

hell yeah, eminem cannot freestyle. grin

bunch of mumus!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2015
I remember Em's lil freestyle with sway on MTV(I think)..I think sway was interviewing him on how he manage to come off the top with a rebuttal in freestyle battles.he asked sway to first throw some shots at him, which sway did and Em responded immediately with same rhyme scheme. It wasn't amazing but you can tell that he's good in that aspect.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 9:38am On Apr 12, 2015
Emaprince:
I remember Em's lil freestyle with sway on MTV(I think)..I think sway was interviewing him on how he manage to come off the top with a rebuttal in freestyle battles.he asked sway to first throw some shots at him, which sway did and Em responded immediately with same rhyme scheme. It wasn't amazing but you can tell that he's good in that aspect.

these people dunno jack, abeg......
they are just reeling out what they see on the internet without checking their facts. the only reason eminem didn't win that competition is because black people couldn't accept his white skin in 1997 & the homecourt advantage angle.

he clearly took rounds 2 & 3 and that should have sealed the victory. the crowd wanted overtime. they voted draw in rounds 4, 5 and 6........before finally deciding to give it to his opponent in round 7.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2015
Limerick:
sarkodie be like:

ebelebe condom ebelebelebele use protection
ebelebe laptop ebelebelebele installation
ebelebe buy car ebelebelebele transportation

all these wack rappers being messing around with the actual purpose of hiphop since time immemorial.

the so called d.ope MCs are either going on vacations or entering the booth on 6foot plus and releasing tracks like durosoke...

I'm an MC, this is how its supposed to be;

we need change

vote Blaqbonez a.k.a Pres. Emeka as hip hop president 2015

[img=http://lokcitymusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/unnamed-1-ffpicsay.jpg][/img]

vote APC, vote for change!!!

Read more about this post www.lokcitymusic.com/audio-blaqbonez-blaqbonez-for-hiphop-president
Every rapper hv one or two wack tracks,nt becus u dnt understnd sarkodie u will say is wack, weneva sark wnts to pass msg is 2nd to none, Devil in me and Hallelluyah is an example

Even eminem previous wrk are more beta than is present wrk.Bet me even if the blackbones reach the limelight he will drop a bit is nt easy to be in the A list and still be dope as u were wen u started!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2015
coogar:

eminem - "animal crackers is what i do when i eat MCs like a cannibal backwards"

bunch of mumus!

~ I hate to say this grin...but shut the ffuck up about that wack freestyle where stretch was throwing words at him...Totally wack and basic .. There was no complex rhyme scheme... Even Kendrick Lamar had words given to him to freestyle with on flex and he flowed awesomely unlike Eminem's shaky flow .. Eminem kept on repeating 'step to this'(That's his filler line I guess) yet on rap god he needed no filler and he flowed awesomely....rubbish!
wake up from your trance

Why would I lie?..Eminem said it himself..
He said I would have written enough rhymes and punchlines then mix with a little freestyle ..hear that?

Proof is a better freestylist than Em ...They weren't battling in that car so it doesn't make sense to say Em killed him. Besides Proof didn't look like he was even in the mood.... They were just catching fun..
Proof killed Eminem and the entire D12 on Tim west wood and he went totally off the dome...

..watch Eminem say he writes lines before battles here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kbB35Igrw&itct=CDsQpDAYACITCN3-8_G88MQCFc-CHAod-CkAXVIZRW1pbmVtIHJlZCBidWxsIGludGVydmlldw%3D%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 12, 2015
Emaprince:

~ That sshit is easy as ffuck. ..
Eminem was even rapping slowly
.that's enough time to think.... why couldn't he do complex rhyme scheme in his diss to sway..
he was even doing monosyllabic ...
" and that gear right there is from 1981"...yet he's the same one freestyling 5 syllabic rhymes ..smh
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 12, 2015
coogar:

these people dunno jack, abeg......
they are just reeling out what they see on the internet without checking their facts. the only reason eminem didn't win that competition is because black people couldn't accept his white skin in 1997 & the homecourt advantage angle.

he clearly took rounds 2 & 3 and that should have sealed the victory. the crowd wanted overtime. they voted draw in rounds 4, 5 and 6........before finally deciding to give it to his opponent in round 7.

~ Eminem got bagged by Juice..that's what happened.. stop making excuses for him...
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ibime(m): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
Una still dey argue this one? Only someone who doesn't know how to freestyle go argue. I have battled on UK formats preceding Jump-Off and Don't Flop, reaching a final of Subterranea 2000 hosted by Canibus and DJ279, and reaching quarter-final of Battle scars 2002 which was the premier UK battle competition then. Miss me with that bullshyt. The nigga who thinks RapGod was freestyled is a nigga who ain't quick with words and thinks freestylers are magicians.

The best freestyler of Eminem era was Supernatural, followed by Juice, followed by Em. Em is like every other battler, he turns up to battle with prewrittens, and then he might include a few freestyles depending on how the opponent looks, dresses etc. The skill is in arranging your punchlines on the spot inbetween whatever your freestyling.

Believe it or not, the best freestylers currently is Kid Cudi. He does what I call real freestyle, no prewrittens involved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ibime:
Una still dey argue this one? Only someone who doesn't know how to freestyle go argue. I have battled on UK formats preceding Jump-Off and Don't Flop, reaching a final of Subterranea 2000 hosted by Canibus and DJ279, and reaching quarter-final of Battle scars 2002 which was the premier UK battle competition then. Miss me with that bullshyt. The nigga who thinks RapGod was freestyled is a nigga who ain't quick with words and thinks freestylers are magicians.

The best freestyler of Eminem era was Supernatural, followed by Juice, followed by Em. Em is like every other battler, he turns up to battle with prewrittens, and then he might include a few freestyles depending on how the opponent looks, dresses etc. The skill is in arranging your punchlines on the spot inbetween whatever your freestyling

Believe it or not, the best freestylers currently is Kid Cudi. He does what I call real freestyle, no prewrittens involved.

@bold
.exactly... Kid Cudi is tight but IMO i think Jin in his prime freestyles better off the top . Its harder to think of disses on the fly than just randomly freestyling on any topic, so I'd have to give Jin.

Do you have audios or videos to your battles like to that one you did on Don't flop?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ibime:

The best freestyler of Eminem era was Supernatural, followed by Juice, followed by Em. Em is like every other battler, he turns up to battle with prewrittens, and then he might include a few freestyles depending on how the opponent looks, dresses etc. The skill is in arranging your punchlines on the spot inbetween whatever your freestyling.

lwkmd

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 1:11pm On Apr 12, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ I hate to say this grin...but shut the ffuck up about that wack freestyle where stretch was throwing words at him...Totally wack and basic .. There was no complex rhyme scheme... Even Kendrick Lamar had words given to him to freestyle with on flex and he flowed awesomely unlike Eminem's shaky flow .. Eminem kept on repeating 'step to this'(That's his filler line I guess) yet on rap god he needed no filler and he flowed awesomely....rubbish!
wake up from your trance

you are starting to sound like a complete idiöt now. for someone who cannot freestyle, how did eminem go through the stretch armstrong freestyle where he even had to tell stretch to shut up and stop interrupting his flow during the test. you can never ever find anyone better than eminem in the art of rapping. this is why he's the rap god! the only rapper that has made every other rapper sounded like a fool when they feature him.

Why would I lie?..Eminem said it himself..
He said I would have written enough rhymes and punchlines then mix with a little freestyle ..hear that?

if he said he would have written enough rhymes & punchlines, then it means he didn't. is english language a challenge to you? he's regretting not writing enough rhymes & punchlines which means he had to freestyle.

Proof is a better freestylist than Em ...They weren't battling in that car so it doesn't make sense to say Em killed him. Besides Proof didn't look like he was even in the mood.... They were just catching fun..Proof killed Eminem and the entire D12 on Tim west wood and he went totally off the dome...

proof was reciting written bars - he was not following eminem's storyline. eminem was talking about how mom used to leave him at home while she goes to play bingo....proof came on and was talking about how rappers lack practise.

you dunno anything about freestyling - eminem was finishing proof's end rhymes while proof couldn't return the gesture. eminem killed him with the bar - Hold it right there/ I'm your worst nightmare/
Wiping diapers on my high chair/
- proof shouted like what?? ??

..watch Eminem say he writes lines before battles here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kbB35Igrw&itct=CDsQpDAYACITCN3-8_G88MQCFc-CHAod-CkAXVIZRW1pbmVtIHJlZCBidWxsIGludGVydmlldw%3D%3D&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en

you are confused!
rap olympic in their days was a freestyle battle. no written - it was just bars after bars off the dome. they had to rap and reference the things around them. go & watch the competition again instead of making guesses - eminem writing for hundreds of street battles is different altogether from rap olympics.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 1:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ibime:

this is a lie!
as at 2000, you haven't even converted your BC to get your british passport. which nonsense subterranea did you participate in 2000? reserve those lies for the darkrebels & the mikuzs of this world.

the best freestylers in the eminem era was otherwize or eyedea. eminem was by far better than juice in 1997. no wonder it was eminem that got a call from jim iovine after the competition.

charron is the best freestyler in the world today. DNA & dizaster have hailed him as the best. his rebuttals are better than the writtens of most people.

dizaster himself was wack in the early days. choked in a battle against locksmith & flatlined - this was in 2009 on grindtime rap battle league. 3 years later, he became one of the best freestylers in the world. only DNA & charron are clearly above diz.

translation - freestyling isn't a talent, it's all about practising. if eminem couldn't freestyle perfectly in 97, it doesn't stop him from becoming a beast in 2013.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
coogar:

if he said he would have written enough rhymes & punchlines, then it means he didn't. is english language a challenge to you? he's regretting not writing enough rhymes & punchlines which means he had to freestyle.

~ Sometimes I wonder if you really live in England
Have you not watched the red bull Interview or maybe its you that needs to learn English well.

Someone was asked how he prepared for brawls or what he does before he faces an opponent and he said --

Eminem: I would have written rhymes and punchlines bla bla

How is this English too difficult for you to comprehend?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2015
~ Coogar ..just so you know..you are saying crap and talking out of point...

I never said Eminem cannot freestyle..I only said its impossible to freestyle throughout a 6 minutes instrumental using well planned multies, metaphors, wordplays...even a tongue twister ...

matter of fact its your problem..

It's pointless arguing ..I'm done ... keep on believing whatever you want...
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ibime(m): 2:08pm On Apr 12, 2015
Darkrebel666:

@bold
.exactly... Kid Cudi is tight but IMO i think Jin in his prime freestyles better off the top . Its harder to think of disses on the fly than just randomly freestyling on any topic, so I'd have to give Jin.

Do you have audios or videos to your battles like to that one you did on Don't flop?

Don't Flop wasn't in existence then. In my time we used to battle in Subterranea in Shepherds Bush. The current Don't Flop champion Tony D (then called T Dangerous) used to battle since then. Back then Reveal was the Champion, he beat Tony D in the final of Battle Scars 2002, then you had guys like Grimlock who was fire with the punchlines. He trounced me badly once.

From 2001, the main tournament was Battle Scars, from Battle Scars to Jump-Off around 2004, which is when I left the scene. The current Don't Flop crowd all grew out of the Jump Off crowd from 2004-2008 era who used to battle at Scala in King's Cross.

Those days we didn't have camera phones so I've got no videos. My junior bro Izzy followed in my footsteps, at least we managed to record this video of him back in 2006, not a battle though just a show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrZZdjyoTeQ
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ibime:

Don't Flop wasn't in existence then. In my time we used to battle in Subterranea in Shepherds Bush. The current Don't Flop champion Tony D (then called T Dangerous) used to battle since then. Back then Reveal was the Champion, he beat Tony D in the final of Battle Scars 2002, then you had guys like Grimlock who was fire with the punchlines. He trounced me badly once.

From 2001, the main tournament was Battle Scars, from Battle Scars to Jump-Off around 2004, which is when I left the scene. The current Don't Flop crowd all grew out of the Jump Off crowd from 2004-2008 era who used to battle at Scala in King's Cross.

Those days we didn't have camera phones so I've got no videos. My junior bro Izzy followed in my footsteps, at least we managed to record this video of him back in 2006, not a battle though just a show.

~ Cool .. I'll watch the video later . thanks
You guys are privileged with all those battle stuffs and rap events taking place over there..sounds fun
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2015
Darkrebel666 pr st=32621142:

I don't think Ibime meant Eminem couldn't freestyle at all in rap Olympics..of course he can but it's wasn't smooth and most of his bars were fillers...
remember that Eminem himself said it in that Red bull interview that he wrote his battle verses then mixed with a little freestyle but most of his material were written. So Majority of his punchlines in Rap olympics was pre-written.
He also said proof was the only one in their group that could freestyle from top to bottom...

Even Proof can't freestyle like you believe eminem did on rap god . cos if he was still alive, his freestyling would have been on a whole different level..Even at that he can't throw heavily laced multies and complex rhymes or do a tongue twister off the top... or is Eminem a better freestylist than proof
Coogar ..please
Rap God was not freestyled... ..This is the problem with core Eminem fans..you take him as a god..if he says he doesn't piss or poo , his staunch fans would still believe...
He has already said you stans take things too literally

SHUT DA FFUCK UP!!!!!

YOUR A NOISE MAKER causing disturbance to this forum...
[size=30pt]peeps like me can fffuck your wife wit you in the same bed sleeping without you knowing[/size]
Cus you talk even when you sleep
Groaning fool
Go get a job or you end up like proof
And I be the one to sing youp tribute song not slim shady

3 Likes

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ibime:

DAMN!! Izzy has got that Jay Z flow!!!

D0pe brother you've got mehn!

This got me thinking. . . What ever happened to you guys? Why did you stop making music?? And how did it happen??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by goshikid: 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2015
this is the most boring place i've ever seen. .
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ibime(m): 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
GIYAZZ:
DAMN!! Izzy has got that Jay Z flow!!!

D0pe brother you've got mehn!

This got me thinking. . . What ever happened to you guys? Why did you stop making music?? And how did it happen??

School, work, responsibilities, life. Mind I was 16-21 when I was active then, but had to chill from 2nd year of Uni. I didn't really write from 2004-2007, until I stumbled across AHH.com, then from there to Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ibime:

School, work, responsibilities, life. Mind I was 16-21 when I was active then, but had to chill from 2nd year of Uni. I didn't really write from 2004-2007, until I stumbled across AHH.com, then from there to Nairaland.
Hmmm. . . Life and sacrifices. You had to sacrifice that Hip-Hop sketchy life to pursue a secured future.
But I am glad you picked up the pen after '07. Cause your lyrics has indeed inspired a lot of rappers you probably don't know. It's a good thing Spitzo, a really good thing. Hmmm
Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else.

You lived the Hip-Hop life and didn't fail to spread the gospel.
You did a good thing exploring this gospel even online, Spitzo. It's made you a god.

I am happy for you man.

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by gottoboy(m): 7:15pm On Apr 12, 2015
coogar:

eminem can't freestyle & yet he did freestyle aerobics with stretch armstrong on radio? stretch was throwing words at him every 20 seconds and eminem was destroying those words with multis & complex rhyme scheme? half of you dunno what eminem is all about.

Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̅ just made α point....
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2015
Limerick:
[b] sarkodie be like:

ebelebe condom ebelebelebele use protection
ebelebe laptop ebelebelebele installation
ebelebe buy car ebelebelebele transportation[\b]

all these wack rappers being messing around with the actual purpose of hiphop since time immemorial.

the so called d.ope MCs are either going on vacations or entering the booth on 6foot plus and releasing tracks like durosoke...

I'm an MC, this is how its supposed to be;

we need change

vote Blaqbonez a.k.a Pres. Emeka as hip hop president 2015

[img=http://lokcitymusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/unnamed-1-ffpicsay.jpg][/img]

vote APC, vote for change!!!

Read more about this post www.lokcitymusic.com/audio-blaqbonez-blaqbonez-for-hiphop-president
Hahahahahahaha
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 10:44am On Apr 13, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ Sometimes I wonder if you really live in England...Have you not watched the red bull Interview or maybe its you that needs to learn English well.

you are a big olodo.....
no one goes to any battle without having prepared for who he's battling. there are 2 types of battling - the normal battling where you already know who you are killing & a freestyle battle where you just rap off the top & use the surroundings or the things that are happening in the room to destroy your opponent.

Someone was asked how he prepared for brawls or what he does before he faces an opponent and he said --

Eminem: I would have written rhymes and punchlines bla bla. How is this English too difficult for you to comprehend?

so this suggests eminem cannot freestyle? because charron or DNA writes rhymes & punchlines before battling means they don't freestyle in the battle?

you need education - go & watch charron vs pat stay title match. charron freestyled his entire 3rd round cos the angle he had written got the plug pulled. he had no 3rd round going into the battle & he had to improvise by freestyling for about 5 mins. just because an MC writes doesn't mean they cannot freestyle.

memory can fail you & you have to rely on your freestyling ability to bail you out. this is why cats like DNA & charron can never choke in a battle.

Darkrebel666:
~ Coogar ..just so you know..you are saying crap and talking out of point...
I never said Eminem cannot freestyle..I only said its impossible to freestyle throughout a 6 minutes instrumental using well planned multies, metaphors, wordplays...even a tongue twister ...
matter of fact its your problem..
It's pointless arguing ..I'm done ... keep on believing whatever you want...

you are a big olodo.
eminem freestyled rap god doesn't mean he went into a booth & had the whole verses spewed out in one take. it could be in blocks - it coulda taken 3 days but the fact is - he never wrote any of the lyrics down somewhere before spewing it out.

biggie spewed out the entire verses on juicy track in one take. he smoked a blunt, had 2 women sück his cöck, drank pepsi & KFC chicken. he dragged himself to the booth & started rapping. his engineer was like WTF? is anyone writing this shyte down? he had the 3 verses out straight out from his head, no pen!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Erickthewreck: 11:40am On Apr 13, 2015
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

you are a big olodo.
eminem freestyled rap god doesn't mean he went into a booth & had the whole verses spewed out in one take. it could be in blocks - it coulda taken 3 days but the fact is - he never wrote any of the lyrics down somewhere before spewing it out.

biggie spewed out the entire verses on juicy track in one take. he smoked a blunt, had 2 women sück his cöck, drank pepsi & KFC chicken. he dragged himself to the booth & started rapping. his engineer was like WTF? is anyone writing this shyte down? he had the 3 verses out straight out from his head, no pen!

There's a big difference between freestyling and memorising the lyrics you are going to spit.

When the flow is complicated, it is sometimes better to memorise as you go along making the rap, because of the nuances in the flow you want to project or the tongue twisting you might want to apply does not allow you to pause to start writing things down.

I have done this with many tracks, difference is I create the first 8 bars or so in my head while the beat is playing, then I write them down so not to forget.

This is essentially the same as writing, but without a pen.

All Jay-Z and Biggie albums were recorded this way as is all of RZAs albums.

I totally believe you if you say Eminem recorded Rap God this way because the flow is complicated, you don't have time to start writing things down otherwise you might forget how you tongue twisted a certain sequence.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ibime:

There's a big difference between freestyling and memorising the lyrics you are going to spit.

When the flow is complicated, it is sometimes better to memorise as you go along making the rap, because of the nuances in the flow you want to project or the tongue twisting you might want to apply does not allow you to pause to start writing things down.

I have done this with many tracks, difference is I create the first 8 bars or so in my head while the beat is playing, then I write them down so not to forget.

This is essentially the same as writing, but without a pen.

All Jay-Z and Biggie albums were recorded this way as is all of RZAs albums.

I totally believe you if you say Eminem recorded Rap God this way because the flow is complicated, you don't have time to start writing things down otherwise you might forget how you tongue twisted a certain sequence.

so let's say you create the first 8 bars from your head, spewed it in a booth while it's been recorded.....you took a break, you create another 12 bars. another break & another 16 bars. all recorded. an engineer loops it together and makes a track......

is that pre-written?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Ibime(m): 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

so let's say you create the first 8 bars from your head, spewed it in a booth while it's been recorded.....you took a break, you create another 12 bars. another break & another 16 bars. all recorded. an engineer loops it together and makes a track......

is that pre-written?

Of course it's pre-written. The difference between Em and us is that he can afford to sit in the studio all day and do that. We need to go in with our material ready.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by coogar: 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ibime:

Of course it's pre-written. The difference between Em and us is that he can afford to sit in the studio all day and do that. We need to go in with our material ready.

how's it pre-written?
i go off top for 8 bars & rest. i repeat the same process 20 times in a row. a good engineer pieces the jigsaw together with a good beat & co.....

is this pre-written? written where?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
coogar:

biggie spewed out the entire verses on juicy track in one take. he smoked a blunt, had 2 women sück his cöck, drank pepsi & KFC chicken.
ROTFLMFAO grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) ... (1118) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.