Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,044 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria (14193 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities / FEC Approves 9 New Private Universities, 4 In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by naptu2: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
[size=14pt]FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria.[/size]

Posted by Channels Television on January 9, 2013.

Three new universities are to be established in the northern part of the country to bring the number of universities owned by the Federal Government to 40.

The new universities are to be located in Zamfara, Kebbi and Yobe states.

This is one of the decisions taken by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) today during its weekly meeting at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

The meeting was presided over by President Goodluck Jonathan before he left to also preside over the caucus meeting of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

President Jonathan charged the Ministers to move faster in actualising their set plans for the year.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/01/09/fec-approves-3-new-universities-for-northern-nigeria/
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by hrmkz: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2013
It time to go our separate ways abeg!

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by sharpshap(m): 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
Will it stop the backwardness of the North?

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
Ok na.... No wahala! Meanwhile, T.T.C undecided
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2013
Very soon, all the nooks and crannies of this failed nation state would be littered with glorified secondary schools.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by bigass(f): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
for Islamic studies?

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Johnnoah1st: 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
I just bang into dis website now through google and i saw nigeria, and if i may ask pls, where is nigeria? Was is dat village located between north and south pole senetorial district near wasika town before abuka hill,bubasi, in pluto? Or was it dat sea located at south-west equator, beside kamilu town, rosikata, in jupiter? Pls urgent anwser is needed
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by emekatimsu(m): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
why build more schools for people that will not appreciate it or give northern militants more places to burn..

Anyway wetin concern me,let me drive my dangote truck to a better parking space b4 LASTMA impound it. I will be back

7 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Iykebestbt(m): 7:00pm On Jan 09, 2013
The notherners don't like going to school....bring the school down here in the east and trust me,more revenue will be generated....i don't want to say more graduates will be produced becos,there is certainly no job....no wonder the hausa's despise school..
#Proudly Boko#

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Geomac: 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2013
sharp_shap: Will it stop the backwardness of the North?

My friend, shut up!

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Geomac: 7:04pm On Jan 09, 2013
Iykebestbt: The notherners don't like going to school....bring the school down here in the east and trust me,more revenue will be generated....i don't want to say more graduates will be produced becos,there is certainly no job....no wonder the hausa's despise school..
#Proudly Boko#

Mumu na him you be

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2013
GEJ quality triumphs quantity anyday. Try and upgrade the existing ones first before establishing new ones.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by VirginFinder: 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2013
They don't need it.

They don't want it.

They don't care about it.

They won't be impressed!

All they want is power!!

21 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Ahmedie25(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
This is a nice development,

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
The problem is that northerners don't even have problem getting admitted to the already existing unis. But in the south some ppl spend years waiting, so its not realistic to create more unis there.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Ahmedie25(m): 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
Virgin Finder: They don't need it.

They don't want it.

They don't care about it.

They won't be impressed!

All they want is power!!
go & hug 133kv transmission line,idiot

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Justicemy: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
de FG havnt been able 2 tke care of de ones on ground nd de are establishn anoda ones, anywer lets c if de northerners can atleast get a beta education, dey are illitrates yet dey are stil rulling us

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Wsdm: 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
Building universities is a very good thing but not the best for that region for now. Jonathan with misplaced priorities! It is really a pity.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by jadakiss213(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
Johnnoah1st: I just bang into dis website now through google and i saw nigeria, and if i may ask pls, where is nigeria? Was is dat village located between north and south pole senetorial district near wasika town before abuka hill,bubasi, in pluto? Or was it dat sea located at south-west equator, beside kamilu town, rosikata, in jupiter? Pls urgent anwser is needed
and was this meant to be funny?? well am sorry to disappoint u,its so dry u would nd a drum full of lotion.ODE

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Tofax: 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
Why establish more universities when the existing ones are not properly funded by the federal government, thus churning out half baked graduates whose future are uncertain.It quite unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Wsdm: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
Justicemy: de FG havnt been able 2 tke care of de ones on ground nd de are establishn anoda ones, anywer lets c if de northerners can atleast get a beta education, dey are illitrates yet dey are stil rulling us
How have an educated Jonathan translate his knowledge into anything good for the country?

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Vanpascore(m): 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
University for d bokos! Afterall, they will bomb it one day, destroyers
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by lookmangiw(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Johnnoah1st: I just bang into dis website now through google and i saw nigeria, and if i may ask pls, where is nigeria? Was is dat village located between north and south pole senetorial district near wasika town before abuka hill,bubasi, in pluto? Or was it dat sea located at south-west equator, beside kamilu town, rosikata, in jupiter? Pls urgent anwser is needed
i thought you promised me that you wont smoke that dried leaf again.

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by slap1(m): 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2013
They will still ignore the schools for their cattles and cows.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Burger01(m): 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
Wasted resources and misplaced priorities. Those universities would never see the light of the day otherwise they would be bombed and destroyed by those 'No to Western Education' bigots... These people won't read, can't read and are not ready to.... Mtcheew.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by excondido(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2013
these universities will be flooded by southerner because most northern youths are not inclined to western education, or isn't it haram again?
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Jilo83(m): 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
What are they doing with the existing one? U want 2 expose our people 2 danger bc d south will eventually go there.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Burger01(m): 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2013
What are you saying.. Abi you are coding ni..
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Burger01(m): 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2013
excondido: these universities will be flooded by southerner because most northern youths are not inclined to western education, or isn't it haram again?
Flooded by southerners? I doubt that. What with the current level of insecurity?
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by tope24(m): 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
Wsdm: [color=#000000][/color] How have an educated Jonathan translate his knowledge into anything good for the country?
Gbagaun

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Iykebestbt(m): 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
Geomac:

Mumu na him you be

i wish u the same buddy....from d bottom of my heart

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by AustineE1: 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2013
olodo of the highest order!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

School Of Nursing Form Now Out Register Now / Get Your GRAMMARLY Premium Account / No Evidence Of Full Vaccination No Entry To Our Facility - JAMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.