Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria (14207 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities / FEC Approves 9 New Private Universities, 4 In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
emekatimsu:
@babagy82,i doubt if u be real mallam becos ur own aboki get swagg.
The truth is dt nobody can be Jelous of an uncircumzied aboki.
wotever it is dt u wrote in that ur haramist language,,back to sender.
Abeg,make i continue my journey in my dangote truck,i am now at kogi state,i will be back
I be real aboki and I'm proud about it. if you are having 'issues' about what I wrote, the only thing I can tell you is.... *GO F:U:C:K yourself* inyamiri
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by emekatimsu(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
taharqa:

The comments by many of us from the south on this thread is just simply DISGRACEFUL.

*smh*

Bro,are u a learner??
Them no tell u say na bad mouthed ppl full for nairaland b4 u go join.
If u can't beat them,u better join them becos craze ppl full for hia.
(sleepn mode activated)

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Arsenate(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2013
nameo:
As a 'southerner' (whateva that means) am really ASHAMED reading this thread. Why the sillly hostility towards the north by some nitwits?

The comments here are just simply Disgusting....GOSH!!

yeah, that's what the Southerners use their so-called education for: hate, crime, yahoo yahoo, love peddling, armed robbery, rituals, to name but a few.
Like seriously, can u southerners list the break throughs you've made in the field of medicine, engineering etc, so far.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by victorD3: 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
ecosanders: wat a waste of ur parents resources? I kw u havent leav dat ur helhole b4, n u kw nothing about North u fuckard.

Truth is very painful isn't it?
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by victorD3: 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
babagy82:
I be real aboki and I'm proud about it. if you are having 'issues' about what I wrote, the only thing I can tell you is.... *GO F:U:C:K yourself* inyamiri

Wonders shall never end! Terrorist don't wear masks anymore. Father let your kingdom come soon o
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2013
excondido: these universities will be flooded by southerner because most northern youths are not inclined to western education, or isn't it haram again?

Yes SOUTHERNERS will fill the schools with their fake certificates and fake SSCE results. We know the kind of PhD they produce.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by emekatimsu(m): 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2013
babagy82:

Baba,i talk am say ur own aboki get swag.
I will not Bleep myself becos i no be boko agent.
Its only boko agents dt Bleep dmselves while on sucide mission.
Anyway i fr tell u Bleep OFF but i will let go becos ur broda,DAngote gave me hs truck to drive on hire purchase and i neva pay finish.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Arsenate(m): 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
nagoma:

Yes SOUTHERNERS will fill the schools with their fake certificates and fake SSCE results. We know the kind of PhD they produce.
yeah, GEJ is a typical Ph.D holder from the south...lolol

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by emekatimsu(m): 10:34pm On Jan 09, 2013
nagoma:

wow, Mr knw all...we re waiting for u to educate us more on the type of cert ppl frm sourthern Nigeria produce.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
Nothing like a North vs South battle to take you through a tedious day.

Sharpens you up faster than coffee break.

Carry on!
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jona's clueless government have misplaced priorities at all times, the latest are 10 million mobile phones for farmers, 30 commercial aircraft donation to private companies and now 3 universities in the north! while ABU , BUK, UNIJOS and UNIMAID can easily consume all the budgeted money on infrastructure alone and still not reach the standard of real universities.

What is wrong with this man?

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2013
emekatimsu:

wow, Mr knw all...we re waiting for u to educate us more on the type of cert ppl frm sourthern Nigeria produce.

You know better, you have at least one of those if you are a real southerner.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by CVHP: 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2013
Geomac:

My friend, shut up!
Shut up for what?! Expressing his opinion. Lol. Where else in Nigeria do u see almajiri litter the streets. Have u ever compare those northerners- Bez, Chocolate city boys etc are doing real good in their chosen careers. Africa's richest man alive- Dangote has little or no key investment in the north. How sad! The northern backwardness is grouse! It suck.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by 1121: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2013
Yahaya85: Good job jonathan! And i like it when i hear the southeners talking like that cos i know the pains they are feeling in their heart due to jealousy,tribalism and the hatred against Northern Nigeria...

And with all the efforts he has been putting inplace to help develop u as an individual and as a region, u have never stopped setting the nation on fire. I have no problem with this development provided the country is peacful so that every nigerian can beneffit from the institutions interm of employment and admission. But creating 3 new fed uni in a region where many are fleeing sound nonsensible to me. I even know of a notherner who relocated to lafia from yobe for security reason. How much more pple from the south. I think this is a good idea at a wrong or in a wrong place.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2013
1121:

And with all the efforts he has been putting inplace to help develop u as an individual and as a region, u have never stopped setting the nation on fire. I have no problem with this development provided the country is peacful so that every nigerian can beneffit from the institutions interm of employment and admission. But creating 3 new fed uni in a region where many are fleeing sound nonsensible to me. I even know of a notherner who relocated to lafia from yobe for security reason. How much more pple from the south. I think this is a good idea at a wrong or in a wrong place.

Agreed with you and we all need the peace. But I also know many of Igbo families in kano and kaduna and Abuja who would not go to the east at Christmas for security reasons.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by size38: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2013
Why is the federal government acting like this na? Approving schools for people who don't want it? Nawa ooooo!

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by emekatimsu(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2013
nagoma:

You know better, you have at least one of those if you are a real southerner.
Bro,u don't sound much diffrent frm ur name.
Ur name sounds more of a maalu or cow.
Wot a name....

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2013
This little hatred southerners are showing against we Northerners is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. I am surrounded by good loving igbo people in the north. In fact, I really love them like my own people. We have been together with them for the past 15 years. Infact I never had a friend whom I loved like chidi ebere. But I think through Nairaland I have learnt that I'm just fooling my self. They will never like me, they are all the same.

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by muktarmtt(m): 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2013
emekatimsu: why build more schools for people that will not appreciate it or give northern militants more places to burn..

Anyway wetin concern me,let me drive my dangote truck to a better parking space b4 LASTMA impound it. I will be back
shut d Bleep u fool, any way u jst said u want 2 park dangote truck u see d ppl u hate offer u a job as truck pusher mumu of d first oder

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by aurenflani: 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
saymax: Misplaced priority. Mismanagement of public funds generated from d South South region. Dem say dem no want western education, mr president na by force?

Abeg you shut up that crazy thing you call mouth. Where northern Nigeria contributed money for the exploration of that oil and hence our right to it. You did not give us that right. We earned it and we'll use it wether a s/s man is at the helms in this country or whosoever it is.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by muktarmtt(m): 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2013
Justicemy: de FG havnt been able 2 tke care of de ones on ground nd de are establishn anoda ones, anywer lets c if de northerners can atleast get a beta education, dey are illitrates yet dey are stil rulling us
Nd dat make u a fool or mumu if illitrate rule u
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by aurenflani: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2013
saymax: Misplaced priority. Mismanagement of public funds generated from d South South region. Dem say dem no want western education, mr president na by force?

Abeg you shut up that crazy thing you call mouth. Northern Nigeria contributed money for the exploration of that oil and hence our right to it. You did not give us that right. We earned it and we'll use it wether a s/s man is at the helm in this country or whosoever it is.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by muktarmtt(m): 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
Burger01: Wasted resources and misplaced priorities. Those universities would never see the light of the day otherwise they would be bombed and destroyed by those 'No to Western Education' bigots... These people won't read, can't read and are not ready to.... Mtcheew.
shut d Bleep up. Funk ass mutherfuker wat d Bleep d u knw kiss my Abiko ass nd burn 2 hell haters
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by muktarmtt(m): 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2013
Jilo83: What are they doing with the existing one? U want 2 expose our people 2 danger bc d south will eventually go there.
tell dem o!
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
hrmkz: It time to go our separate ways abeg!

The ball is in your court. Tell the Reterdeen.

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by emekatimsu(m): 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
babagy82: This little hatred southerners are showing against we Northerners is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. I am surrounded by good loving igbo people in the north. In fact, I really love them like my own people. We have been together with them for the past 15 years. Infact I never had a friend whom I loved like chidi ebere. But I think through Nairaland I have learnt that I'm just fooling my self. They will never like me, they are all the same.

My man,i ws born in sokoto state and i did my national service at katsina..i swear i really love the northerners with my life but they started the hatred first.
I have cm across the good and likeable northern ppl that i hv cm to admire.
Southern ppl especially d Igbos have showed and proven the meaning of "one Nigeria" by living,mixing and co-habitating with ppl frm other part of Nigeria.
Infact there is this saying that any place u don't find an Igbo man,then that place is'nt habitable.
My only gross with ur ppl is the way they murder/slaughter non-northerners/igbos/christains once there is a little dispute they always create.
After lossing two close friends to such dispute,i now realize that no matter hw much love one may show to ur ppl,they seems to have no human heart especially if u re nt one of them.

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by nagoma(m): 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2013
Burger01: Wasted resources and misplaced priorities. Those universities would never see the light of the day otherwise they would be bombed and destroyed by those 'No to Western Education' bigots... These people won't read, can't read and are not ready to.... Mtcheew.

You are the bigot and May your kettle not boil. May you find the bees and not the honey. May you stand on weak legs for a long long time.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Good! These people need education more than ever before. I just hoped this plan achieves something meaningful for the Northerners. Indeed, I opt for more Western schools to be built in the North.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by kenzspunpy(m): 12:53am On Jan 10, 2013
babagy82: This little hatred southerners are showing against we Northerners is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. I am surrounded by good loving igbo people in the north. In fact, I really love them like my own people. We have been together with them for the past 15 years. Infact I never had a friend whom I loved like chidi ebere. But I think through Nairaland I have learnt that I'm just fooling my self. They will never like me, they are all the same.

Yet, SOME northerners in your shoes will be the first to hunt the southerners living amongst them and kill them when the demon in them flares up in the name of religious crisis, just as my foster father was killed in Kano in 1990 by our neighbours! I was almost killed alongside him, if not for the race for my life that made me run almost 400m into Sabon Gari! That memory will never leave me.
I hate to join the hatred talk between the muslim- dominated North and Christian- dominated South, because it is needless, childish, crude and just a mere waste of energy. You people can banter as you want, it doesn't change anything. However, this goes to my brothers from the North, if indeed you don't want to be generally labelled as terrorists because of the action of a few misguided elements amongst you, focus your energy towards exposing the terrorists among you, appreciate the efforts of the federal government at making life better for your region, one of which is the establishment of these 3 universities, which is glaringly needed, rather than attack the President for no just cause, or seek to grab power at all cost.

The bitter truth is, these attacks on the President and Boko Haram insurgency will only make things worse for the North, because due to BH, infrastructures in the zone are weakened, economy is nose-diving, investors are scarce, poverty and backwardness increase! Power deservedly and firmly rest with the south, at least for now. It's more of a divine arrangement, if you look at the ascendancy of GEJ to President, regardless of him being a "retarden" as Nagoma will always call him. This hatred and attacks are unwarranted and will ultimately achieve no result. The North has got a lot of work to do to re-build the Zone, rather than see all Southerners, or the President as an enemy, just because you are not in power. The fact is, the problems in the North were created by northerners and the people of the region also hold the key to the solution. Producing the president shouldn't be a priority. That's just my 50 cents o...

4 Likes

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 10, 2013
Before we do say there are two universities in Nigeria, my school and others. Today there is two universities still, NONE and others. Watch lectures on youtube from universities in US and Europe and you will agree with me.
Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 3:46am On Jan 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria by ak47mann(m): 3:46am On Jan 10, 2013
This is not their aim if they like build 50 universities is of no use to northerners.Reason why is that north dont believe in one nigeria let me tell u guys the honest truth

here is the link

North does not believe in Nigeria Says Jonathan’s political agenda is cloudy
Professor Omo Omoruyi, a political scientist, former Director – General of the defunct Centre for Democratic Studies (CDS) and former Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the University of Benin in this interview with Vanguard Politics in Benin, spoke on a host of national issues including why fears that Nigeria may disintegrate persist.ia’s unity – Omo Omoruyi

It appears the North wants to kill the Petroleum Industry Bill, what do you think could be responsible for this?

I will go back to what I said in the past. In 1978/79, I delivered a lecture, a presidential address at the Nigerian Political Science Association. I said if oil was found in Enugu Awka, Kano or Ibadan, who owns the oil will not be disputed. I can assure you of one thing, if oil was found in the North many years ago, the North would have seceded long ago. That is what is responsible for the craze to explore oil in the North.

There is still that fear that the country will break up and that whatever you can grab, quickly grab it now. A document I put together for General Ibrahim Babangida when late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was to become president contained three vital issues.

They (northern leaders) wanted Yar’Adua to pursue the dredging of River Niger down to Babangida’s locality in Baro in Niger State. They also wanted Yar’Adua to initiate the construction of a highway from Kano to Tripoli and quick exploration of our oil. The question is why were the three issues so important to them? The reason is that they did not believe that Nigeria will last.

Dredging of River Niger
If Nigeria breaks up, they would not need to go through the ports in Lagos or Port Harcourt. They just didn’t want to rely on the South if Nigeria broke up.

As at that time, Jonathan and his people were opposed to the dredging of River Niger. I was in Yenagoa then in 2005 working for Babangida to become president. They said they would not support him because he was pushing for the dredging of River Niger.

They said I should go and tell him that he should make a public statement that he would not support the dredging of River Niger. Jonathan was deputy governor while (Diepreye) Alamieyeseigha was governor. So, sometimes you wonder: at what stage did Jonathan become a captive of the North? It was understandable when he was vice president but now that he is president, he is still pushing forward with the dredging of the Niger. Right now, the dredging is expected to be completed soon. So, to the question, do the northern leaders have faith in the country, the answer is no; they don’t believe the country will last.

Looking at the level of insecurity in the country, do you think the warning given by the US that the country may not survive beyond 2015 is real?

The fear of disintegration is definitely real, it is permanently there in the sub-conscious, but whether the country will disintegrate depends on the political class. The fear exists in the minds of northerners and southerners and everybody is not working to overcome it but to see how they can get the best out of the whole situation.

All these people who are saying they don’t want the PIB and are busy chasing oil around the Chad (Basin) are doing so because of this fear. Everything is based on this knowledge that the country can disintegrate at any time. So, don’t blame the Americans; the Americans are only saying, with this prognosis will this country last? It is not that they wish the country to disintegrate.

If the North succeeds in killing the PIB in the National Assembly, what do you foresee?
President Jonathan should build his own majority to achieve certain goals. He can do that through a realignment of forces. It depends on what he wants to achieve. Whatever the North wants, they usually put together a majority to do it. So, Jonathan should put together a majority to achieve whatever he wants to achieve. The majority should include members of the ACN, ANPP and the CPC because there is no permanent majority for the achievement of certain ends. Jonathan should lead this country; he is not leading now. He is too dependent on the PDP. He should be able to say this is the legacy I want to leave behind.

What about his economic performance?
Dismal, dismal! Jonathan needs a political agenda, not an economic agenda. Political agenda of where Jonathan wants to take us to is not clear. Now, we are gradually going to the third year of Jonathan’s four-year term in office. Let me tell you what that means. First year of a four-year term, you are just coming in and trying to balance. It is that year you try to plan and plant something. Second year, what you planted must start to germinate. Third year is a nomination year, whether you like it or not while the final year is the election year.

Nobody will ever believe you if you say you want to start doing something towards the end of your third year and in the fourth year, there is an alternative to you within and outside of your party. For instance, Atiku (Abubakar) is already talking about 100 per cent derivation to oil-producing people.

That is his manifesto and position. So, talks about campaign posters are even too late because preparations for another election start from the day one is concluded. The man should own up and say I am contesting for a second term or whatever term it is.

So, any group that is working for him is perfectly in order. Let him own up and say based on what I have done, though I don’t know what he has done, I am seeking another term. He must be able to say I have stabilized the country and I have given Nigeria leadership. So, if Jonathan cannot face those who want to take his job in and outside of the PDP in the third year, he should forget about a re-election.

[b][/b]
What about performance?
Performance is to be judged by the people, not by him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilorin Lecturers To Teach From Homes By 2014 - Registrar / No Evidence Of Full Vaccination No Entry To Our Facility - JAMB / Command Secondary School Result 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.