Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities (30379 Views)

Throwback Photo Of OAU Vice Chancellors / FG Approves 8 New Universities Across Nigeria / FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Nnadiguyman20(m): 9:33am On May 27, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the appointment of vice-chancellors for the four federal universities of education and a Federal University of Health Sciences. Notice of the appointments is contained in a statement issued by the Federal Ministry of Education on Wednesday in Abuja.

The statement was signed by Mr Sul Ya’u Sule, the Senior Special Assistant, Public Relations and Protocol to Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, the Minister of Education.

The statement listed the Vice-Chancellors as Prof. Martins Aghaji for Federal University of Sciences, Otukpo, Benue and Prof. Richard King for Adeyemi University of Education, Ondo. Others are Prof. Sadiq Abubakar for Alvan Ikoku University of Education, Owerri, Prof. Victor Awonusi for Federal University of Education, Kano and Prof. Ibrahim Kolo for Federal University of Education, Zaria.

The statement noted that the appointment was with immediate effect. It added that President Jonathan had also approved the appointment of Dr Nnamdi Olebara, the Special Adviser, Media to Shekarau, as member, Governing Council of Alvan Ikoku University of Education, Owerri. The appointment was conveyed to Olebara in a letter signed by the Minister of Education, dated May 26.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/jonathan-appoints-vice-chancellors-for-5-new-universities/#sthash.C8C2F9Rs.dpuf
Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by seunlayi(m): 9:37am On May 27, 2015
working till the last minutes

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Nobody: 9:43am On May 27, 2015
I thought a "chancellor" is the current governor of the state alloted to the university
Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Escalze(m): 9:56am On May 27, 2015
Ok....nice move
Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by deltateam: 10:31am On May 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by DaGC(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2015
Congratulations to them. May they carry out their duties diligently.

F.Y.I., Kazaure is not in Katsina state. Its in Jigawa state.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 27, 2015
nice one. that if Alvan is long over due.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Akshow: 2:00pm On May 27, 2015
seunlayi:
working till the last minutes
destroying till d last minute u mean

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 27, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by UnknownT: 3:31pm On May 27, 2015
So what becomes of the former provosts?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Nnadiguyman20(m): 3:50pm On May 27, 2015
UnknownT:
So what becomes of the former provosts?

They are now Deputy Vice Chancellors!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Jerrosky1986(m): 4:11pm On May 27, 2015
Nice
Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by jbkomo(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
Cant this man just go in peace? Why all dis die min work? By d way, why is may 29 so slow comin?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Mogidi: 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
Correct move, it would be silly for a "certificateless" dullard to appoint them, flies in the face of common sense.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Neduzze5(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
Dusting my CV!!

Make I see whether dem fit make me Deputy Vice Chancellor for any of the Universities.

Half bread is better than puff puff!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by efilefun(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
less than 48hrs to be freed from the claws of this fedora hat "remote controlled" drunkard grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by efilefun(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
k = k-leg appointment
Mogidi:
k

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Samirana360(m): 6:01pm On May 27, 2015
ok::::::gej setting his source of income
Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by sexymoma(f): 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
Bros.. I understand say u don promise all these People appointment if u enter buh small small dey display ya clueless-ness na
Make we for say u dey try?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
grin

This man don kolo, aswear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by pharmadoctor(m): 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
WASTE OF APPOINTMENT LETTERS
USING HIS POWERS NOW AS IF HE WAS HAND-TIED FOR THE PAST 8 YEARS...
ODE OSHI

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by tola9ja: 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
matcheew

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by WASMOG(m): 6:02pm On May 27, 2015
Oh God almighty , your servant MUHAMMADU
BUHARI shall be taking the oath of office as
NIGERIAN PRESIDENT come May, 29th 2015. Give
him the wisdom, the zeal, the honor, the care,
the mind, the ability, the strength to lead
NIGERIA to the promise land. To those waiting to
see him fail, occupy them, shame them. Oh God,
continue to bless Nigeria as power change hand.
May we live long to see the change we all
yearned for. Amin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by tola9ja: 6:03pm On May 27, 2015
in the beginning of his tenure [size=18pt]fuel subsidy[/size]

at the end of his tennure[size=18pt] fuel scarcity[/size]

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by HAH: 6:03pm On May 27, 2015
I expect GMB to reverse and review all appointment,contract and promotion done after March 28 2015.

It is morally wrong to appoint people that will not work under your leadership , at best appoint people in acting capacity leave confirmation to your successor since you are leaving.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by timilehing(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2015
Na dis 1 Ibadan people dey call

Dugbe-Dugbe Appointment

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Nairalandar: 6:03pm On May 27, 2015
Die minutes appointment...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by pontirock(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2015
Waiting patiently for may 29

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by keacy(m): 6:03pm On May 27, 2015
blueto:
I thought a "chancellor" is the current governor of the state alloted to the university

vice chancellor not chancellor bro.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by Kentrasso(f): 6:05pm On May 27, 2015
What I see here is Jonathan rushing to do all the things he had planned to do in the next 4years. These were not his priorities but given as he has a short time his schedules have been sabotaged.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities by loomer: 6:06pm On May 27, 2015
Na chancellor them be o, so make una no make make seem like say na them de run d sch

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pathetic State Of Schools In Akwa Ibom (pics) / Professor Grace Otinwa: I Kneel Down To Greet My Husband / Father Flogs Child's School Teacher To Death For Disciplining Student In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.