Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,297 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? (780 Views)

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2013
Let's face it, virtually all the ancient achievements recorded by us as Africans were made by non-christian Africans who kneweth not the Lord.

The pyramids of Egypt, the pyramids of Sudan, the Benin empire, Ghana empire, Mali empire, Great Zimbabwe, Kush, Ethiopia, the Zulu kingdom, the Ife bronzes, the Benin bronzes, etc etc were all achieved by heathens and pagans who kneweth not the Christ. And kneweth not the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Surely we should have nothing to do with these people owing to their heathen ways and barbaric beliefs?

Surely it must be a sin to associate ourselves with them??

Are we destined for a fiery, burning hell if we show pride in our ancestors' achievements??
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2013
Logicboy03: The scene with the bible preaching and slave beating slave master. The slave master quoted Genesis 9;2 where Noah and his family were given dominion over beasts (blacks were beasts to white slave-masters then)

[size=14pt]
And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/942437_bible_whip_jpg47938ee05c18f9889c41f771d1d41d2a

https://www.nairaland.com/1156477/django-unchained-catholic-chilldhood#13755974
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 11, 2013
Any more responses?
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by tpia5: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2013
Who is your post meant for?

I make it a point to know as much as i can about my own history, so i have no idea who you're addressing.
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by AtheistD(m): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2013
The Roman Empire
Celtic Britain
Celtic Ireland
Dacia

To name a few are refions who were pagan before xtianity. They still celebrate and discuss their previous history and achievements.
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
@ Rossike, sorry I watched Django and I was on a hype.

@ Topic;

Religion is one thing that has destoryed our knowledge of history. Christianity and Islam tells us that we descended from Jewish/Hebrew people called Adam and Eve. However, our history is far older than that of the Jews or Hebrew language.

Our ancestors were pagans, but now, due to religion we call paganism "withcraft"

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by AtheistD(m): 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
Logicboy03: @ Rossike, sorry I watched Django and I was on a hype.

@ Topic;

Religion is one thing that has destoryed our knowledge of history. Christianity and Islam tells us that we descended from Jewish/Hebrew people called Adam and Eve. However, our history is far older than that of the Jews or Hebrew language.

Our ancestors were pagans, but now, due to religion we call paganism "withcraft"

Witchcraft is actually wicca.... the druidic religion of the celts in Britain.

Trust xtians to tar everyone with the same brush shocked
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Witchcraft is actually wicca.... the druidic religion of the celts in Britain.

Trust xtians to tar everyone with the same brush shocked

lmao....dont forget that we atheists/agnistics are devil worshipers AKA satanists as well to the christians
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by AtheistD(m): 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

lmao....dont forget that we atheists/agnistics are devil worshipers AKA satanists as well to the christians

To the xtians everyone is a devil worshipper... including muslims shocked
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by tpia5: 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
As usual, inability to stay on topic is a trait commonly found with you people. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by AtheistD(m): 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
tpia@:
As usual, inability to stay on topic is a trait commonly found with you people. undecided

Which ppl? angry
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by tpia5: 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
Those of you who have the same whine on every thread. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by AtheistD(m): 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2013
tpia@:
Those of you who have the same whine on every thread. undecided

Why mot be specific so we know what you are talking about?

Are you referring to thw atheist vs xtian debates?
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
YOUR HISTORY IS THE SCRIPTURES. ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS LIKE SANGO AND OBATALA, CHRISTIANITY, ROMAN CATHOLICISM, AMADIOHA AND WHATNOT ARE HEATHEN CULTURES ACQUIRED ALONG THE WAY WHILE RESIDING IN ANCIENT BABYLONIA, EGYPT, MEDIOPERSIA, ASSYRIAN, GREEK AND ROMAN EMPIRE
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
obadiah777: YOUR HISTORY IS THE SCRIPTURES. ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS LIKE SANGO AND OBATALA, CHRISTIANITY, ROMAN CATHOLICISM, AMADIOHA AND WHATNOT ARE HEATHEN CULTURES ACQUIRED ALONG THE WAY WHILE RESIDING IN ANCIENT BABYLONIA, EGYPT, MEDIOPERSIA, ASSYRIAN, GREEK AND ROMAN EMPIRE

^^^^

This is a real black Jewish slave

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

^^^^

This is a real black Jewish slave
YOU HAVE DRANK SO MUCH CIDER THAT YOU CANT THINK STRAIGHT AND LOGICALLY ANYMORE. IN FACT YOUR NEW NAME SHOULD BE ILLOGIC BOY. OK YOU KNOW WHAT A SUFFIX IS RIGHT ? 'ISH' IS A SUFFIX WHICH MEANS 'PERTAINING TO'. LIKE IF I SAY YOU ARE GIRLISH. MEANS YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A GIRL. WELL THOSE JEWISH PEOPLE ARE ACTING LIKE THE REAL JEWS BUT ARE NOT THE REAL JEWS. THATS WHY THEY CALL THEMSELVES JEWISH. THEY WISHED THEY WERE JEWS.

REVELATIONS 2 VS 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. <<<< AMALEKITE TRYING TO BE ME. HENCE THE SUFFIX 'ISH'

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
obadiah777: YOU HAVE DRANK SO MUCH CIDER THAT YOU CANT THINK STRAIGHT AND LOGICALLY ANYMORE. IN FACT YOUR NEW NAME SHOULD BE ILLOGIC BOY. OK YOU KNOW WHAT A SUFFIX IS RIGHT ? 'ISH' IS A SUFFIX WHICH MEANS 'PERTAINING TO'. LIKE IF I SAY YOU ARE GIRLISH. MEANS YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A GIRL. WELL THOSE JEWISH PEOPLE ARE ACTING LIKE THE REAL JEWS BUT ARE NOT THE REAL JEWS. THATS WHY THEY CALL THEMSELVES JEWISH. THEY WISHED THEY WERE JEWS.

REVELATIONS 2 VS 9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. <<<< AMALEKITE TRYING TO BE ME. HENCE THE SUFFIX 'ISH'

Commot for road jo
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Commot for road jo
grin grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
obadiah777: YOUR HISTORY IS THE SCRIPTURES. ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS LIKE SANGO AND OBATALA, CHRISTIANITY, ROMAN CATHOLICISM, AMADIOHA AND WHATNOT ARE HEATHEN CULTURES ACQUIRED ALONG THE WAY WHILE RESIDING IN ANCIENT BABYLONIA, EGYPT, MEDIOPERSIA, ASSYRIAN, GREEK AND ROMAN EMPIRE

SLAVE what did i tell you before why cant you take simple orders
Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

SLAVE what did i tell you before why cant you take simple orders
MAKE AMADIOHA FAYA THOSE YA HEATHEN FINGERS YOU TAKE TYPE THIS RUBBISH angry

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Be Proud Of Our History? by sylve11: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

Commot for road jo

Lol grin grin cool

(1) (Reply)

Best Church To Attend As A Youth And Single In Benin-city / Harry Potter Is Not A Real Wizard! / Why Do People Move From One Church To Another?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.