Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Okonjo Iweala Explains Why Fuel Subsidy Account Is Empty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo Iweala Explains Why Fuel Subsidy Account Is Empty (446 Views)

Why Fuel Scarcity May Persist —NUPENG / Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. / Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go Now, By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo Iweala Explains Why Fuel Subsidy Account Is Empty by bamasite(m): 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2013
The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Tuesday confirmed The PUNCH’s story that the Federal Government’s subsidy account with the Central Bank of Nigeria was empty, blaming the situation on technical hitches in the documentation with the CBN.
Okonjo-Iweala, while briefing journalists in Abuja, said the transfer of funds meant for fuel subsidy payments from the excess crude dollar account to its naira equivalent accounted for the empty account.
She explained that the documentation and conversion process, which is between the Ministry of Finance and the CBN, usually takes between four to five days to accomplish.
She said if the amount had been in the naira excess crude account, the process of payment would not have been delayed for that long.

READ MORE HERE:http://successsecrets01..com/2013/01/okonjo-iweala-explains-why-fuel-subsidy.html

WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL THIS NEW YEAR? READ THIS:http://successsecrets01..com/2013/01/the-new-year-success-pack.html
Re: Okonjo Iweala Explains Why Fuel Subsidy Account Is Empty by israel007: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2013
Re: Okonjo Iweala Explains Why Fuel Subsidy Account Is Empty by outrage: 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2013
No b this rubbish I wan hear, why are we queuing for fuel and buying it at #130..
God go punish people o!
Re: Okonjo Iweala Explains Why Fuel Subsidy Account Is Empty by PedroJP(m): 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2013
Naija i hail thee. Whether d account empty or en no empty,i no get hope for naija. Na Jesus i de wait make him come rule naija.

(1) (Reply)

Referendum - The Only Solution For Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland / Should Religious Leaders Go Into Governance In Nigeria? / Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.