Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Tithing: Right Or Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing: Right Or Wrong (1207 Views)

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing: Right Or Wrong by onyeego(m): 8:04am On Jan 10, 2013
I saw this and feel like sharing it here.
What do you think about tithing in the new testament church?

TITHING" IN THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH

What is mentioned in the Scriptures with reference to the New Testament church is now relevant to all christians of all denominations.

PRINCIPLE NUMBER ONE

Giving is proportionate to the degree that God blesses a person without an obligatory figure being mentioned.

1 Cor 16:1-2

1 Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do.

2 On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

(NIV)

John MacArthur is his "Commentary on the Book of Romans 9-16 (Moody Bible Institute) has this to say:

".......Christians are not under obligation to give a specified amount to the work of their heavenly Father. In none of their forms do the tithe or other Old Testament levies apply to Christians." page 233.

PRINCIPLE NUMBER TWO

Giving is from the heart.....

In fact giving should be more appropriately termed free will offerings in the context of the New Testament Church for Paul commanded us to give as we purpose in our heart. If the amount is a fixed one, there will be no need to purpose in one's heart anymore!!

2 Cor 9:7

7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

(NKJ)

I repeat there is no curse for "NOT TITHING" in the New Testament church (as is often implied on sermons from Malachi 3:10-12).We should not go back to Melchizedek (where tithing was an example and may be taken as a guide-line) or the Mosaic law (where tithing was by compulsion.) Our Lord has fulfilled all the requirements of the Mosaic Law and taken the curse of (not obeying) the Law away from us (Galatians 3:13). The New Testament Christian should abide by the teachings of the Apostle Paul (which has superseded Moses' Law.)

Christians who insist on keeping the Law of Moses or part of it are under a curse!

Gal 3:10

10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

(NIV)

Churches advocating tithing as compulsory are putting a curse on their congregations!

So in summary, 'Giving' is a New Testament 'Church' Principle as opposed to tithing by Law (by compulsion.) Jesus clearly commanded (take note that it was not an option) that we have to give to God.

Matt 22:21

21 "Caesar's," they replied. Then he said to them, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

(NIV)

"What is God's" implies a fixed sum. BUT we must remember that Jesus made the above statement in the context of the Mosaic Law which was still existent in His Time. Further on in the epistles, the Apostle Paul qualifies this "giving" as "from the heart" and proportionate to the degree that one is blessed. He specifically spoke against "compulsion" (from sources outside). Manipulating a person to give (whether directly or indirectly) is a form of witchcraft...........

2 Cor 9:7

7 Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

(NIV) Emphasis mine

"What he has decided in his heart to give" clearly has to be some amount (not zero). It may be ten percent or more. Well, it may even be less, but give as the Holy Spirit directs your heart; NOT AS THE PASTOR DIRECTS YOU. This is the distinct difference between giving to God and giving to the church.
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by OLUGENII: 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
His word is always a lamp to our path if let it be by studying it. keep studying the bible and u will discover a lot of things there that has been ignored today by the church and let go off for the purpose of business (or so).
if only we will follow the doctrine of the bible God knows our ability & capacity before he set down those laws for us to follow. i pray he gives us the courage & zeal to follow through.
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by DevotedOne(m): 2:20pm On Jan 12, 2013
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Ever Merciful The Eternal, The Righteous, The Owner Of Sovereignty, The Lord Of Majesty And Bounty, The Self-Sufficient, The Supreme, The Self-Subsisting In Whom All Subsist. The Peace Be Upon You, Everyone.

002.177 لَيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَنْ تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلَكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَالْمَلائِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَآتَى الْمَالَ عَلَى حُبِّهِ ذَوِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّائِلِينَ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلاةَ وَآتَى الزَّكَاةَ وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عَاهَدُوا وَالصَّابِرِينَ فِي الْبَأْسَاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ أُولَئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ
002.177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfill the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing. Al-Qur'an, 002.177 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by realBerni: 4:50pm On Jan 12, 2013
@DevotedOne

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Ever Merciful The Eternal, The Righteous, The Owner Of Sovereignty, The Lord Of Majesty And Bounty, The Self-Sufficient, The Supreme, The Self-Subsisting In Whom All Subsist. The Peace Be Upon You, Everyone.

002.177 لَيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَنْ تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلَكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَالْمَلائِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَآتَى الْمَالَ عَلَى حُبِّهِ ذَوِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّائِلِينَ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلاةَ وَآتَى الزَّكَاةَ وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عَاهَدُوا وَالصَّابِرِينَ فِي الْبَأْسَاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ أُولَئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ
002.177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfill the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing. Al-Qur'an, 002.177 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne

You muslims have a greater problem in the sense that while christians can discuss their own problem openly without hidding under foreign language learned to confuse people, something like this below;

is tottally confusing your followers, because they dont need these arabic above, or to learn these foreign languages to get the messages at least you should have credible translations. like the bible now, we have king james (1611) version as the most credible, for over 400 yrs,

and if you want to tell me that this arabic rendering of the quaran rather than focusing on the message, and instead of beign flexible you are rather too rigid,your quaran learned in arabic empowered you to kill,empowered Boko haram (Arabic: جماعة اهل السنة للدعوة والجهاد Jamā'atu Ahlis Sunnah Lādda'awatih wal-Jihad), better known as Boko Haram (Hausa: lit. "Western education is sinful"wink

have you ever ask yourself why you use internet while other muslims dont even go to school? is your quaran not more impotent to the extent that it empowered you to kill,also empowered Boko haram, lets see the surah verse relied upon by boko haram your co muslims;

THE QURAN 9:5;

Chapter (sura) 9:5;

9:5 When the sacred months are over ''slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.''.

now, who are the idolaters? anyone other than a bonafide muslim,or a non-muslim is beign reffered to as a non muslim.

so, can you see that your quaran is even a curse to you muslims than blessing?
all 90 per cent of muslim nations are in war today, but they say islam is a religion of peace, can you ask youself what is the meaning of peace, what is a relative peace? i dont mean a graveyard quiet peace but a relative one, can you answer that?

if you cant, why dont you leave the tread for people (christians) who are a world far better than your so called blood letting muslim, and go and solve your problem,

you can open a tread, and let us compare muslim vs christian and you will see that you have more problem to solve.

and beign arrogant to paste a arabic on a page like this shows that you lack recpect!
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by Geewan(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2013
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by realBerni: 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
@Geewan

your coming to this tread is out of your boudary but, i will not hesitate to bash you, im prepared for that, and you? lets go!

@real_Berni

Are we followers of Islam complaining? The answer is NO!

why would you complain? do you have a single right in the first place to complain? when Mugun like you have sold your right to dirty immams who dont even have their bath and stinking, immams who impose those rubbish on you! pls tell them to go and shave, and have their trousers touching their feet, ehn, not between their knees and their feet,olodo!

The translated English version of the Qur'an is available everywhere for your reading pleasure.

if the translated version is every where, why confusing your followers with those junk arabic language so as to distract them after rendering them uneducated,

something like this, Alaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa akbar! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! instead of just saying 'God is Almighty' simple, and the message is straight, instead of stupid stupid stupid arabic without relevance, just noice! okay?
now let me teach you what the bible says on these jargons below;

above are the jargons that are irrelevant, and paul was quick to tell us these;

1 corinthians 14:8-14

8 [size=14pt]For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle? 9 So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air. 10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance. 11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me. 12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.[/size]

Please stop using CREDIBLE to describe the bible.[size=16pt] The bible is anything but most credible.[/size]

bolded above, God bless you for forcing you to give bible 'the most credible' against quaran that is not credible but rather as tools for boko haram!

If you care to know what Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) said about education, see below:
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, "Allah makes the way to Jannah (Paradise) easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge. [Muslim].

so what are you doing by not EDUCATING or showing these to MILLIONS of gulible ALMAJIRIIS in KANO,ZAMFARA,GOMBE,MAIDUGURI,KADUNA ,KATSINA and so on. or do you think that if the 12 old girl raped by Ahmed Yerima of zamfara the sharia master in Nigeria, do you think she will notclaim her right, but i dont blame him, when his oga A SO CALLED PROPHET MUHHAMED salalaam-alaikun-Asalam is a sex monger impregnating UNEDUCATED women at will, what do you expect?

A classic example of quoting the Qur'an out of context.
"Excepting those of the idolaters with whom ye (Muslims) have a treaty, and who have since abated nothing of your right nor have supported anyone against you. (As for these), fulfil their treaty to them till their term. Lo! Allah loveth those who keep their duty (unto Him). Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. And if anyone of the idolaters seeketh thy protection (O Muhammad), then protect him so that he may hear the Word of Allah, and afterward convey him to his place of safety. That is because they are a folk who know not" (Al Qur'an 9: 4-6).

i think you are an INFIDEL,also known as the (KAFIRIs), or the fake muslims, the original muslims are not quoting out of context,all the boko haram need is just that part of verse 5 of surah 9, and puuum! they strike, you better wake up from your slumber!

read the bolded above again, that is [size=14pt](Arabic: جماعة اهل السنة للدعوة والجهاد Jamā'atu Ahlis Sunnah Lādda'awatih wal-Jihad), better known as Boko Haram (Hausa: lit. "Western education is sinful"wink[/size] depends solely on surah 9:5, if you hold a different view pls pass it on to your colleagues, but if you fail or they refused your edification,then we dont need it on this tread,its irrelevant!okay/

Please list these 90% Muslim countries in war so we can take it up from there. You are wrong you guys have more problems to solve.

i dont think that you have shame, and if you have you think that i will be listing Syria,egypt,sudan,Mali et al, the point im driving at is that blood letting has been sanctioned as the order of the day from your muslim headquarter SAUDI, and if there must be a ceacefire,it must come through saudi Arabia!

maybe you think what true muslims boko haram not fake ones like you are saying is a joke read them below;

Abdulaziz named a former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari; Dr. Shettima Monguno; a former Yobe State Governor, Bukar Ibrahim; Ambassador Gaji Galtimari; and Aisha Alkali Wakil, and her husband, Alkali as “trusted” Nigerians it would be ready to negotiate with in Saudi Arabia. see the shameless and murderers, sheiks who need your education,

On the sect’s team;

Abdulaziz, Abu Abbas,
Sheikh Ibrahim Yusuf,
Sheikh Sani Kontogora and
Mamman Nur.

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-wants-talks/

Lastly let me remind you of Allah (SWT) promise to people like you. "We shall show them Our portents on the horizons and within themselves until it will be manifest unto them that it is the Truth. Doth not thy Lord suffice, since He is Witness over all things?" - Al Qur'an 41:53.

bolded above, do you force what you perceive as truth on someone, or you make the person reason? so why must you force someone to reason with you without his or her consent? Al Qur'an 41:53 is impotent in front of all your attrocities, okay?

The problem I have with people like you is you think you are more knowledgeable about Islam than Muslims. I don't see the need for all you said above.

Salam/peace!

you cannot see the need because you support force,willfull murder, and not Al Qur'an 41:53, can you see that had it been that you are challenged or there is room to challenge, the attrocities in islam today would have bee reduced, im ashamed of your clerics who cowardly cheat the uneducated, thereby discouraging education, reducing a productive life to parasites; ALMAJIIRIS and Bara collectors, shame!

1 Like

Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by PastorKun(m): 9:11am On Jan 13, 2013
^^^
Is this supposed to be an islamic thread or a tithing thread.
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by Geewan(m): 10:36am On Jan 13, 2013
@real_Berni

Bash me? You just made the wrong choice. I'll try as much as possible not to insult you back. You see the problem? You christians always abuse at will. What has my imam done to you to deserve this insult? Obviously that shows you have nothing to offer but insult. I can only enlighten you and the moment I see another insult from you I will take it that you have decided to die in your ignorance. We can enlighten ourselves anywhere!

The bible was written with false pen (Jeremiah 8:cool. And why would you base you religion not on Jesus (PBUH) but on Paul who never saw Jesus (PBUH)? You can read more in "Misquoting Jesus" by Bart Ehrman.

The Qur'an is best understood in its Arabic form. In that way, it will be hard for mis-interpretation as we currently have it with the bible. That's why sometimes when I read the Qur'an I shed tears for people like you whose heart is sealed.

Do you know how many Muslims have been killed trying to educate BH members? There are bad eggs in every religion and we Muslims are dealing with the BH menace. JTF comprises more of Muslims and they are during the best they can. Though I still insist BH is more of political than religion.

Your ignorance is killing and I know it is intentional. If I say "Kill people not" and you remove the not and say "Kill people" are we still saying the same thing? Definitely not! The entire chapter in the Quran should be taken into cognisanse rather than the verse.

A christian friend of mine just got back from egypt the other day his words are completely different from what you are trying to insinuate here. Sudan's problem has to do with oil and now the countries are relatively peaceful now. I will rather go to Syria and Mali than leave in igboland (just my opinion and I don't mean to be rude). For how long was Liberia, Siera loane, Congo, Rwanda, Angola, etc in turmoil? You cannot cover up history. The progress of UAE, Iran, Iraq (before America decided otherwise), kuwait, Saudi Arabia, etc is a well know fact. These countries would come out strong I can guarantee you that. You said 90% but list just 4 countries out of about 50 Muslim countries that is just 8%. I'm still waiting for the others.

"The 100 - a Ranking of the Most Influential Person in History" by Michael H. Hart, a Christian American, an astronomer, a mathematician, a chess master, & a scientist. After extensive research, he rated prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as number one and to be considered as the most influential single figure in human history.

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential person may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels. It is probable that the relative influence of Muhammad on Islam has been larger than the combined influence of Jesus Christ and St. Paul on Christianity. Furthermore, Muhammad (unlike Jesus) was a secular as well as religious leader. In fact, as the driving force behind the Arab conquests, he may well rank as the most influential political leader of all time. It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence, which I feel, entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history."

Mahatma Gandhi, speaking on the character of Muhammad, (pbuh) says in (Young India):

"I wanted to know the best of one who holds today's undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind. I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to this friends & followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These & not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the 2nd volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of the great life.". Those are not my words. And you are here completely brainwashed & believing in your pastor whose mission is to milk you dry under the guise of tithe.

The similitude of Adam (PBUH) is that of Jesus(PBUH), they both have no fathers. John (PBUH) was sinless. Moses (PBUH) performed miracle as well. Jesus (PBUH) is a beloved and respected messenger of Allah. Show me in the bible where Jesus (PBUH) said he is God and you should worship him. And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God - Luke 18:19.

Christianity is still alive today for economic reasons (missionary scholarship, etc) and people will prefer to dance azonto in church rather that worship God.

I have some questions for you and please no insult.
How old was Mary (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon her) when she miraculously conceived Jesus (PBUH) and how old was Joseph? Was Jesus (PBUH) truly born in December 25? What religion did Jesus (PBUH) practiced? What is the last name of Apostle Paul and what country is he from? Do you actually believe God is 3 in 1? Did Jesus (PBUH) spoke in the cradle? Was Jesus (PBUH) truly crucified? What is the last name of Mark, luke, Matthew, Timothy, etc?
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by realBerni: 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2013
@Geewan

@real_Berni

Bash me? You just made the wrong choice. I'll try as much as possible not to insult you back. You see the problem? You christians always abuse at will. What has my imam done to you to deserve this insult? Obviously that shows you have nothing to offer but insult. I can only enlighten you and the moment I see another insult from you I will take it that you have decided to die in your ignorance. We can enlighten ourselves anywhere!

The bible was written with false pen (Jeremiah 8:. And why would you base you religion not on Jesus (PBUH) but on Paul who never saw Jesus (PBUH)? You can read more in "Misquoting Jesus" by Bart Ehrman.

The Qur'an is best understood in its Arabic form. In that way, it will be hard for mis-interpretation as we currently have it with the bible. That's why sometimes when I read the Qur'an I shed tears for people like you whose heart is sealed.

Do you know how many Muslims have been killed trying to educate BH members? There are bad eggs in every religion and we Muslims are dealing with the BH menace. JTF comprises more of Muslims and they are during the best they can. Though I still insist BH is more of political than religion.

Your ignorance is killing and I know it is intentional. If I say "Kill people not" and you remove the not and say "Kill people" are we still saying the same thing? Definitely not! The entire chapter in the Quran should be taken into cognisanse rather than the verse.

A christian friend of mine just got back from egypt the other day his words are completely different from what you are trying to insinuate here. Sudan's problem has to do with oil and now the countries are relatively peaceful now. I will rather go to Syria and Mali than leave in igboland (just my opinion and I don't mean to be rude). For how long was Liberia, Siera loane, Congo, Rwanda, Angola, etc in turmoil? You cannot cover up history. The progress of UAE, Iran, Iraq (before America decided otherwise), kuwait, Saudi Arabia, etc is a well know fact. These countries would come out strong I can guarantee you that. You said 90% but list just 4 countries out of about 50 Muslim countries that is just 8%. I'm still waiting for the others.

"The 100 - a Ranking of the Most Influential Person in History" by Michael H. Hart, a Christian American, an astronomer, a mathematician, a chess master, & a scientist. After extensive research, he rated prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as number one and to be considered as the most influential single figure in human history.

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential person may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels. It is probable that the relative influence of Muhammad on Islam has been larger than the combined influence of Jesus Christ and St. Paul on Christianity. Furthermore, Muhammad (unlike Jesus) was a secular as well as religious leader. In fact, as the driving force behind the Arab conquests, he may well rank as the most influential political leader of all time. It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence, which I feel, entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history."

Mahatma Gandhi, speaking on the character of Muhammad, (pbuh) says in (Young India):

"I wanted to know the best of one who holds today's undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind. I became more than convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to this friends & followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These & not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the 2nd volume (of the Prophet's biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of the great life.". Those are not my words. And you are here completely brainwashed & believing in your pastor whose mission is to milk you dry under the guise of tithe.

The similitude of Adam (PBUH) is that of Jesus(PBUH), they both have no fathers. John (PBUH) was sinless. Moses (PBUH) performed miracle as well. Jesus (PBUH) is a beloved and respected messenger of Allah. Show me in the bible where Jesus (PBUH) said he is God and you should worship him. And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God - Luke 18:19.

Christianity is still alive today for economic reasons (missionary scholarship, etc) and people will prefer to dance azonto in church rather that worship God.

I have some questions for you and please no insult.
How old was Mary (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon her) when she miraculously conceived Jesus (PBUH) and how old was Joseph? Was Jesus (PBUH) truly born in December 25? What religion did Jesus (PBUH) practiced? What is the last name of Apostle Paul and what country is he from? Do you actually believe God is 3 in 1? Did Jesus (PBUH) spoke in the cradle? Was Jesus (PBUH) truly crucified? What is the last name of Mark, luke, Matthew, Timothy, etc?

2 timothy 3:16-17

''all scriptures(all the 66 books OT/NT sacred scriptures) is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching''...
i can quote from paul or from jesus, they are all inspired of God,

muhammed is a joke, a bad exampler, because he causes women to be molested because he cannot control his lust, bastards we have today are from muslems, which culminate in providing an easy tool for suicide bombings,when you are promoting irresponsibilities by not showing love to them, i spent 8 yrs in kano, and the way islam is practiced is irritating and dehumanising.

thank God that bible is older than your quaran! so respect your elder, olodo!

at least you admitted bibles superiority in your post,below

GEEWAN
Please stop using CREDIBLE to describe the bible. The bible is anything but most credible.
case closed, ''The bible is anything but most credible''.
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by PastorKun(m): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2013
@Geeeewan
It really beats my imagination how any muslim can honestly describe Mohamed as a man of peace despite all the battles in led and fought in an the thousands of people he ordered their execution. Even non believers like ghandi had much more peaceful and successful approach to their struggles than him. Why would a man sent of God resort to so much violence and yet preach peace Why couldn't he practise what he preached?
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by Geewan(m): 6:34pm On Jan 13, 2013
@real_Berni

I thought I made it clear I'm only in this to enlighten you and other folks. Nothing more, nothing less! Where did I agree with the superiority of the bible? I guess your english is very faulty! Please read the sentence well.

"O people of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an Apostle of Allah and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Apostles. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: glory be to him: (for Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs" - Qur'an 4:171.

What are the answer to my questions?

Are you running away? Please come back here!
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by realBerni: 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2013
@real_Berni

I thought I made it clear I'm only in this to enlighten you and other folks. Nothing more, nothing less! Where did I agree with the superiority of the bible? I guess your english is very faulty! Please read the sentence well.

do you need big lenses? ok get it on and Go to your first post (post 4) and read the last words on the first paragraph;
Please stop using CREDIBLE to describe the bible. The bible is anything but most credible.

"O people of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but truth.
then,

questions

Tell me why sharia law never catch any member of nothern parliament,not even a single influencial person for good 8 yrs of its implementation? but an ALMAJIIRI deprived of education not knowing left or right are the culprits! can you deny that?

you amputate the gulible hands because they are poor, then the rich commit worst and gets away! can you see how impotent your sharia is also? you think you are fooling God? answer me these!

Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an Apostle of Allah and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Apostles. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: glory be to him:
you see yourself now, i dont believe in trinity but one God! okay!

(for Exalted is He) above having a son.
must God impregnate to have a son? or even call anyone my son? must you be biological? cant you get life,and stop following this sex monger called muhhammed!

have you answer mine questions? no,

i have summarise your answer in the post b4 this, '2 timothy 3:16-17

''all scriptures(all the 66 books OT/NT sacred scriptures) is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching''...
i can quote from paul or from jesus, they are all inspired of God'

are you not the one dodging questions, answer me again, Is Muhhamed not the cause of Barstards we have today? used for suicide bombings? because he cause husbands not to be irresponsible to their wife, but have many wives and do nothing to care for them?
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by realBerni: 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
@Geevan
@real_Berni

do you need big lenses? ok get it on and Go to your first post (post 4) and read the last words on the first paragraph;

"O people of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but truth.
then,

questions

Tell me why sharia law never catch any member of nothern parliament,not even a single influencial person for good 8 yrs of its implementation? but an ALMAJIIRI deprived of education not knowing left or right are the culprits! can you deny that?

you amputate the gulible hands because they are poor, then the rich commit worst and gets away! can you see how impotent your sharia is also? you think you are fooling God? answer me these!

Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an Apostle of Allah and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Apostles. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: glory be to him:
you see yourself now, i dont believe in trinity but one God! okay!

(for Exalted is He) above having a son.
must God impregnate to have a son? or even call anyone my son? must you be biological? cant you get life,and stop following this sex monger called muhhammed!

have you answer mine questions? no,

i have summarise your answer in the post b4 this, '2 timothy 3:16-17

i can quote from paul or from jesus, they are all inspired of God'

are you not the one dodging questions, answer me again, Is Muhhamed not the cause of Barstards we have today? used for suicide bombings? because he cause husbands not to be irresponsible to their wife, but have many wives and do nothing to care for them?
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by realBerni: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2013
@op

i quite agree with you,

i just want to adress tread derailers who are without cortesy and respect first,

Back to buz

i think greed has eaten these modern day so called men of God,

what is the practice among the early christian? setting something aside for what purpose? is it to enrich? no, but the truth is to offset the poors deficiency in the church! lets read;

2 corinthian 8:13-15;

13 For I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened; 14[size=14pt] but by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may supply their lack, that their abundance also may supply your lack—that there may be equality. [/size]15 As it is written, “He who gathered much had nothing left over, and he who gathered little [size=14pt]had no lack[/size].”
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by Geewan(m): 1:07am On Jan 14, 2013
"Please stop using CREDIBLE to describe the bible. The bible is anything but most credible."

So the quote above mean bible is credible? I can't believe this #rolling on the floor#. You have nothing to offer me religious wise bro.

I'm out!
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by PastorKun(m): 7:44am On Jan 14, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Geewan
It really beats my imagination how any muslim can honestly describe Mohamed as a man of peace despite all the battles in led and fought in an the thousands of people he ordered their execution. Even non believers like ghandi had much more peaceful and successful approach to their struggles than him. Why would a man sent of God resort to so much violence and yet preach peace Why couldn't he practise what he preached?

Still waiting for answers to my kweshun.
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by Geewan(m): 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
^^^

That obviously shows you know nothing about Muhammed (PBUH). If you genuinely want to know I can educate you though.
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by PastorKun(m): 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2013
Geewan: ^^^

That obviously shows you know nothing about Muhammed (PBUH). If you genuinely want to know I can educate you though.

I genuinely want to know, kindly educate me.
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by Willzkid(m): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
.....And that's how they derailed a very promising thread......now we know the true religion of peace, and the trouble makers
#SMH
Re: Tithing: Right Or Wrong by DevotedOne(m): 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2013

Salaam Real Bemi; the Arabic is for those who read the language. Some translations are not accurate enough for some Arabic readers. Peace. DevotedOne

You muslims have a greater problem in the sense that while christians can discuss their own problem openly without hidding under foreign language learned to confuse people, something like this below; - Real Bemi

002.177 لَيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَنْ تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلَكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ وَالْمَلائِكَةِ وَالْكِتَابِ وَالنَّبِيِّينَ وَآتَى
الْمَالَ عَلَى حُبِّهِ ذَوِي الْقُرْبَى وَالْيَتَامَى وَالْمَسَاكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّائِلِينَ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلاةَ وَآتَى الزَّكَاةَ وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عَاهَدُوا وَالصَّابِرِينَ فِي الْبَأْسَاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ أُولَئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَأُولَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ

(1) (Reply)

Questions That Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Must Answer - Japheth Omojuwa / Accra Gets New Central Mosque / Waiting For Seun On The Islamisation Of Nairalandy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.