Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:01 AM

Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids (17611 Views)

Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million / Kelloggs Setting Example For Nigerian Companies To Emulate / Transparency At Its Best: An Example For Nigerian Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by debedebe(m): 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
Nice 1 by Yu'
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by sellydion: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2013
Great she did not allow money to change her. She is also concern about the future of her family. She has actually done great.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
Why publicize this?

What an ediot.

I hope dem no fit kidnap her for ransom money. It was safer and better when she kept it hidden.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2013
I trust naija..if na for naija..by now d news go b "A popular millionaire who was setting example for her kids by cleaning the streets has been kidnapped by unknown gunmens in Shomolu-Bariga express way,her where about is still unknown as the kidnappers have not start dialogue , but by faith they will require a ransom ",,,,if she kon manage de free...nobody go tell her to flex arena sharp sharp,,,,NAIJA I DE HAIL O ! .

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
jehovahnoni: I trust naija..if na for naija..by now d news go b "A popular millionaire who was setting example for her kids by cleaning the streets has been kidnapped by unknown gunmens in Shomolu-Bariga express way,her where about is still unknown as the kidnappers have not start dialogue , but by faith they will require a ransom ",,,,if she kon manage de free...nobody go tell her to flex arena sharp sharp,,,,NAIJA I DE HAIL O ! .

Abi.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Rocktation(f): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Why publicize this?

What an ediot.

I hope dem no fit kidnap her for ransom money. It was safer and better when she kept it hidden.

grin
Actually, this's my fear too. But nah, she did not practically take it to the media herself.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by MuhammedZubair(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ordinary cleaner in China earns $228(morethan N35,000) can a Nigerian cleaner earn that in a month?
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by guvna(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
Another Slap from me abeg!! Sharrap!!

Okija_juju:

Come:: Na who you tell to sharap?! angry

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Desoda: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
Pls tell this to tonto dikeh not me
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
Muhammed Zubair: Ordinary cleaner in China earns $228(morethan N35,000) can a Nigerian cleaner earn that in a month?

Ordinary 1 bedroom (not self contained o!!) in China costs about 300 - 400 USD a month... can a Nigerian Civil Servant afford that?!

You wey dey talk, can you pay an aboki 750 Naira (5 USD) to shine your shoe?!! angry

1 Like

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by COvo(m): 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
I'd rather teach my kids how to spend and save money instead.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Isaacsamuel: 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
For naija this kind thing no fit happen lai lai.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by WhyAWhy(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
Muhammed Zubair: Ordinary cleaner in China earns $228(morethan N35,000) can a Nigerian cleaner earn that in a month?

Remember the money will be spent in China, with all other prevailing conditions also

In U.K a typical cleaner earns £6.00 an hour, works 6am - 8am and/or 8pm - 10pm, averagely, 4 hours daily, multiply that by 25days in a month. This gives about 100hours, many people typically have 80hours per month.
Total exaggerated income is about £600 and that's like N150,000.

BUT: You will spend this SMALL money in UK oh. House Rent alone, for shared accomodation least price, probably crappy location (which you will never get unless you be student) £150 - £200 per month assuming you don't live in london oh. You will pay for your own feeding isn't it at least £50 per month. Some other factors will also chop your money even if your lifestyle is as conservative as possible. So by the end of the month, you'd be lucky to have £100 left from your earnings assuming you have no RELATIVE who thinks you're plucking money from a tree by virtue of the fact that you're in uk.

So don't just compare earnings unnecessarily across countries
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Maestronaija(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2013
Great woman....

dis are d examples worthy of emulatin ....
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by billynoni(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2013
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by billynoni(m): 5:25pm On Jan 10, 2013
Donpuzo: So I'm second to comment...
Thank Jah

Great woman btw
.........sowie man,u're actually d '7TH'....duh!
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Rexsul: 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2013
I heard IBB is planing to do the same undecided
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Phrankin(m): 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
rushman003:
Actually it doesnt mean anything pretending to her children who she is not, cus its only God that can direct and control minds even if she over does it, her children mit fall into the hands of wrong people, let just pray for God to direct us to the rit path.... all the same she tried and was able to do that cus she s nt born wit silver spoon........... i trust ma nija peez grin grin grin abi they don pretend!
so, what's your point?
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
Aww, such a touching and inspiring story (though I seriously doubt I would be disciplined enough to follow her example).
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Smooyis(m): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
Great woman. Thanks for setting an example for the rich.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by ChristyIsaac: 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
She is a gud woman indeed. I wish her children learn 4m her nd others as well
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by mu2sa2: 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
She's indeed setting a good example. In nigeria what we see mostly are rich people raising spoiled children averse to any type of work - even the cert these boys and girls are flaunting ... well, we all know how they came by them.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
Make she clap for herself...
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by ocelot2006(m): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2013
I'm impressed. She reminds me of my own dad. Anyway, it's great she's setting a good example, but if I were in her shoes, I'll go further by investing in their education.then againm she may have done that alread.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Sweetlemon(f): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
I'm sorry but this does not impress me. You can be humble and rich at the same time.
There are a thousand and one ways she could work with that money AND grow more money. She could invest it. Could start any business of her choice and work to make the money grow. She could teach her kids responsibilty by training them on how to spend wisely and save. She could teach them how to do business in their schools.
She's wasting far too much valueable time cleaning the streets. She could use the time doing more valueable work that will bring her more money and at the end still teach her kids responsibilty.
Being poor or doing humble jobs does not make you honourable. It just means you ve not been able to exploit your potentials.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Idowuogbo(f): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sweetlemon: I'm sorry but this does not impress me. You can be humble and rich at the same time.
There are a thousand and one ways she could work with that money AND grow more money. She could invest it. Could start any business of her choice and work to make the money grow. She could teach her kids responsibilty by training them on how to spend wisely and save. She could teach them how to do business in their schools.
She's wasting far too much valueable time cleaning the streets. She could use the time doing more valueable work that will bring her more money and at the end still teach her kids responsibilty.
Being poor or doing humble jobs does not make you honourable. It just means you ve not been able to exploit your potentials.
say wot? are u for real?
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by osifred(m): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2013
The true is, she is not really rich. What an absurd way of teaching humility.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Sweetlemon(f): 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
say wot? are u for real?
Read well you will understand what I wrote. E be like say you don shack something this night and me no get time for any argument. Not ever again.
I'm done with you and your gang so go find your next victim.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Idowuogbo(f): 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Read well you will understand what I wrote. E be like say you don shack something this night and me no get time for any argument. Not ever again.
I'm done with you and your gang so go find your next victim.
i asked a damn question, u might wanna tone dat stinky attitude of urs down a notch.

mteeeew... dumb broad!
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Coldfaya(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
C.Ovo:
I'd rather teach my kids how to spend and save money instead.

Gbam......teach dem how to invest, spend n save.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tb Joshua & Scoan Now Attracts More Visitor Than Jerusalem! / Family Gives 6-month-Old Baby Python For Toys / Download Install And Play WWE 2K18 OBB + Data And Ppsspp Iso File For Android De

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.