Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids (17548 Views)

Cleaner Gets N7,200 Salary Increment For Returning N12 Million / Kelloggs Setting Example For Nigerian Companies To Emulate / Transparency At Its Best: An Example For Nigerian Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by vizion: 11:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
Cold faya:

Gbam......teach dem how to invest, spend n save.

teach her how to invest what?? are you aware that she is a millionaire from investments she has

(Yu Youzhen hit it big, when according to the policies of requisitioning and redevelopment of land in China, she and her family were compensated with 21 apartments for the three 5-storey houses they had built in Huojiawan, after several years...most of which were rented out. She wasn’t the only one, of course, but she personally witnessed how fellow villagers squandered away their fortunes on gambling, drinking and even drug use, so she made it a goal to set a good example for her kids and act responsible.

this lady was probably a cleaner before she ran into her riches, go and ask the uneducated cleaners in you offices what they would do with a million Naira, and see if the money would exist after one year.

Most ppl on this site are just leaving in a fools paradise. This lady is laying a good foundation for her kids, and with her hard work, her lazy relations/friends would not have the guts to ask her to hand out her fortune to them.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Regiblinkz(m): 12:10am On Jan 11, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
I like her xter. If is Nigeria ladies, over ego no go allow dem do dis kind fin. Naija ladies take note.
I hope ur sister and mother are naija people too...
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Leadn(m): 12:26am On Jan 11, 2013
Idowuogbo:
say wot? are u for real?

Nope,,, she's definitely high!
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Idowuogbo(f): 12:27am On Jan 11, 2013
Leadn:

Nope,,, she's definitely high!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Leadn(m): 12:29am On Jan 11, 2013
vizion:

teach her how to invest what?? are you aware that she is a millionaire from investments she has

this lady was probably a cleaner before she ran into her riches, go and ask the uneducated cleaners in you offices what they would do with a million Naira, and see if the money would exist after one year.

Most ppl on this site are just leaving in a fools paradise. This lady is laying a good foundation for her kids, and with her hard work, her lazy relations/friends would not have the guts to ask her to hand out her fortune to them.

Best comment so far! I was beginning to think Nairalanders don't reason anymore...
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Leadn(m): 12:30am On Jan 11, 2013
Sweetlemon: I'm sorry but this does not impress me. You can be humble and rich at the same time.
There are a thousand and one ways she could work with that money AND grow more money. She could invest it. Could start any business of her choice and work to make the money grow. She could teach her kids responsibilty by training them on how to spend wisely and save. She could teach them how to do business in their schools.
She's wasting far too much valueable time cleaning the streets. She could use the time doing more valueable work that will bring her more money and at the end still teach her kids responsibilty.
Being poor or doing humble jobs does not make you honourable. It just means you ve not been able to exploit your potentials.

most stup!d comment so far! Kudos.... angry
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Idowuogbo(f): 12:32am On Jan 11, 2013
Leadn:

most stup!d comment so far! Kudos.... angry
*dies*
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by hollypagan: 2:01am On Jan 11, 2013
The woman is very lazy she doesnt know how to invest her money,she can work as big OGA MADAM in the office ,all na work but as road cleaner ,dnt try this at home
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by dapsonlou(m): 4:44am On Jan 11, 2013
shes a foolish woman, at list send the kids to good schools, so they can have good jobs, instead the son is a driver... they will kill her ass 1day
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Solozzo(m): 5:00am On Jan 11, 2013
I admire her courage, but it would have been better if she and her kids do this as volunteer for a few days yearly. It makes no sense if her children are not involved. The salary is not necessary since she already a millionaire.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 5:30am On Jan 11, 2013
Solozzo: I admire her courage, but it would have been better if she and her kids do this as volunteer for a few days yearly. It makes no sense if her children are not involved. The salary is not necessary since she already a millionaire.

Abi, she took a job that could have benefited someone else. You made perfect sense.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by luluosas(m): 6:42am On Jan 11, 2013
Wow! This can only happen in saner climes, not anywhere like our country Nigeria, where the sons/daughters of the rich are princes and princesses.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by gen2briz(m): 8:12am On Jan 11, 2013
WHAT IF HER KIDS REFUSE TO FOLLOW HER EXAMPLE NKO
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by siaindeed: 8:46am On Jan 11, 2013
The woman believes faith without work is dead; and an idle mind is the workshop of the devil. She foresees danger in inheritance and most probably, their heirs lavish property because they were not the ones that suffered for it.
She opines if their children could for a few years go through the rope of hard labour, from there they would learn how to manage wealth wisely.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 11, 2013
This is humility at it's peak. I am touched. What moves me is that the pay is so poor compared with what she already has.

I have a business idea staring me at the face which i must start myself yet i have been thinking of how people will see it imagining where i used to be known. I am done. Thank you woman.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by cmespeak: 10:05am On Jan 11, 2013
Rocktation: She has to be at work at 3 in the morning, six days of the week, and she spends 6 hours a day cleaning a 3,000-meter long stretch of road, sweeping and cleaning trash cans. 

http://www.chinasmack.com/2013/stories/millionaire-cleans-streets-to-set-example-for-her-children.html

Interesting,working at 3 in the morning,therefore power ain't an issue there,Nigeria has to wake up and see things for itself without basic amenities like good roads,constant power,pipe borne water Nigerians will continue to lag behind other countries,i pray God delivers us and we must put ourselves to work hard at our jobs at all times.

Even if u don't have a job,pls do something do not be idle, join those working to do their jobs u never know who is watching u and yr breakthrough might just cme from there, also u have the opportunity to learn and increase yr own self whatever u learn,understand and practicalise,remember it is 4 yr own self nt anybody elses.

Peace Out.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 11, 2013
Abujafood: I wish one day Dangote or Adenuga could follow this woman's example and clean 3rd mainland bridge for 1 year on N20,000 per month salary while I help them run their businesses for them as a way of motivating young people!

Am suspecting you are on substance.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 11, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Why publicize this?

What an ediot.

I hope dem no fit kidnap her for ransom money. It was safer and better when she kept it hidden.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
Why publicize this?

What an ediot.

I hope dem no fit kidnap her for ransom money. It was safer and better when she kept it hidden.

You need to change the way you think. Start influencing people positively with your remarks.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2013
Donpuzo: So I'm second to comment...
Thank Jah

Great woman btw

Second? E be lyk say dem follow you from village? Try to work on your typing speed
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 11, 2013
Sweetlemon: I'm sorry but this does not impress me. You can be humble and rich at the same time.
There are a thousand and one ways she could work with that money AND grow more money. She could invest it. Could start any business of her choice and work to make the money grow. She could teach her kids responsibilty by training them on how to spend wisely and save. She could teach them how to do business in their schools.
She's wasting far too much valueable time cleaning the streets. She could use the time doing more valueable work that will bring her more money and at the end still teach her kids responsibilty.
Being poor or doing humble jobs does not make you honourable. It just means you ve not been able to exploit your potentials.

Not everybody is business inclined. On investment, do you want her to invest in Nigerian capital market? Hehehe. Who knows what the capital market in China holds? If you dont know what to do with your money, leave it in UNION bank.

Investment hardly exists in this country Nigeria except landed properties. And the write-up says her millions are in properties. Check again.
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by pillzthadrugz(m): 10:50am On Jan 11, 2013
Abujafood: I wish one day Dangote or Adenuga could follow this woman's example and clean 3rd mainland bridge for 1 year on N20,000 per month salary while I help them run their businesses for them as a way of motivating young people!
it seems u've bin smokin madagascar hemp abi?
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by stuhporh: 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nairalanders can make me laugh.... Some stories are just false. lets all read this article like 3 times take a minute, think, and come back here to comment. you'll know the story is someones imagination.
Are we not human again?no be say na ritual money now..........
Re: Millionaire Works As A Street Cleaner To Set A Good Example For Her Kids by jpphilips(m): 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2013
Denn: Train up your child....when he grows, he won't depart from the teachings

And when a drunk driver runs her over, what example would she be setting then?
personally i will not do that as a millionaire because i need to reduce my daily risks to enable me enjoy my wealth, "dead bodi no be celebrity".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tb Joshua & Scoan Now Attracts More Visitor Than Jerusalem! / The Most Embarrassing Thing That Ever Happened To You? / Mexican Woman Gives Birth To Child On Hospital Lawn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.