Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! (6609 Views)

Must Your Spouse Know Everything You Give Your Parent / Does Your Spouse Know Your Username On Nairaland Forum? / Does Your Spouse Know Your Nl Username? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by AZeD1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
wysenas: Well,many people may not unstand it until d day an issue will come up.but i want d entire Nlders to answer this question-if u hv to assist a friend or a junior staff who is in need of money as dash,how will u defend that b4 yur spouse that 5k or 10k is missing 4rm yur monthly package?
Does your wife or hubby mean you should not help others?
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by JOYJACOB: 1:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
wysenas: Well,many people may not unstand it until d day an issue will come up.but i want d entire Nlders to answer this question-if u hv to assist a friend or a junior staff who is in need of money as dash,how will u defend that b4 yur spouse that 5k or 10k is missing 4rm yur monthly package?

is she going to kill u for assisting a needy person?. d fact dt she knows hw much ur earning does nt mean she must control d spending except ur a wasteful type of man. abi nah she dey go office help u wrk earn d money?
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by EzePromoe: 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2013
Blesphil:
its not always true.
Besides whats with the secrecy anyway? except u have other things to hide.#my opinion
I can be open to my wife in any aspect but not the money. I don't like when a woman will be putting her searchlight on me. Where she expect me to release all when I can would want to use some for my personal use. She will come with the trickish word, 'i'm I not your wife'. And again if you open up, she still won't believe you even if she may feign trust but inside her she feels that no man at all will tell you everything. So its better you become the Cain that you are.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by JOYJACOB: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2013

is she going to kill u for rendering assistance to a needy person? the fact that she knows hw much ur earning does not mean she will control ur spending, except if ur the wasteful type of husband. abi nah she dey go office dey wrk to earn the money for u? if u cnt tell ur WIFE hw much earn or some other mutual things, then i wonder who u can confide in (except u ofcourse got married to the wrong woman)there ain't anything to hide in that pls.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Dygeasy(m): 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
SamConquer: TORINO:my Lord,does ur queen knw...LORD JAGARA:4 what??*angry tone*If she knws am collecting 1milion a month..she wil start requesting things close to million..NEVA,...TORINO:
Redmosquito wannabe!..... I hope/pray you get popular too for this. Shift jor

Torino ko, Juventus ni....gringrin
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Dygeasy(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
ayotoyin:

Sorry about that, you musy have married the wrong person.Not all women are the same and not all men are the same.
after two guys dump you, will you still say that?
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by halfcurrent(m): 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
No way... sorry o o, but my love no reach that level.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
wysenas: Its not ideal.it means if u hv a friend or junior staff who need yur financial help,yur wife must approve it.so men,be wise.its not everything u disclose just becos u are married.we are african and our life pattern differs 4rm d white.remember d family's responsibilities like brother,sister and cousin,mum,dad are there 2 cater for.so d national assembly in yur house must give approval.

Just take a look at this rubbish!! No, pls take a look at this crap!!

Number one foolish statement: "It's not everything you disclose because we're married".
Number two foolish statement: "It's not ideal".

So, you make decisions in your household without the knowledge and consent of your wife?? And this is what African culture upholds, right??
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by benson19: 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
See all dis nairaland gurls ooooo... Say dem dey take money play with persin Whc kind mumu love b dat nw abegi make una pack well make i c road joor
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by dilbert100: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
of course
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by 360command: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ofcourse.i remember back in d days when i was young,my father does not only discloses his salary to his wife but to his children.he shows us his pay slip even when i was in primary 5 till the university. Because of this,i see it to be normal to tell your spouse how much you are earning so as everyone can know how to adjust in the time of suffering and smiling.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by SamConquer(m): 2:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
Dygeasy: Redmosquito wannabe!..... I hope/pray you get popular too for this. Shift jor

Torino ko, Juventus ni....gringrin
..LORD JAGARA:who is this again..TORINO:that mad man that ran away from yaba left grin
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Smykell(m): 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
Well all d comments here are made with each individual view and with real reasons best known to u all... But for me even if my wife is like mary d mother of jesus in character i can never disclose how much i earn that is one mistake i can't afford in my life time....dis is from experience
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
Smykell: Well all d comments here are made with each individual view and with real reasons best known to u all... But for me even if my wife is like mary d mother of jesus in character i can never disclose how much i earn that is one mistake i can't afford in my life time....dis is from experience
What experience shaped this opinion?? Have u been married before??
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by olyg: 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
One important ingredient of a successful marriage is HONESTY.if both husband an wife are honest and they truly love themselves,i do not see any reason why they should keep anything in secret from themselves.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by ziccoit: 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2013
jhydebaba: Sorry, I am a business man cheesy salaries are meant for the poor grin
oya! salary earners, Attack me cheesy

Imagine a world where everyone is a business man, who do you employ to run your business?
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by ayotoyin(f): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
Dygeasy: after two guys dump you, will you still say that?

Ooops!guess you have been falling into wrong hands,well, yours will soon come and you also will say it over and over that all men/women are not the same.Just because you are a victim does not mean you should generalise.Goodluck
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by festusf: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
Not all women is good to disclose ur salary to becos some are bad.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, why not bro?
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by damiso(f): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
festusf: Not all women is good to disclose ur salary to becos some are bad.

So why marry a bad woman undecided?Yeah he does and i know what his package is too?Including all employee benefits and bonuses cos we have to be covered i.e he is the beneficiary of my final salary pension scheme and I his.Not necessarily an emotional or lovey dovey issue.But from a more practical financial aspect.As CC said how can we know what we can or cant afford.How do we plan?How do we invest and save for the future?Though he does not compel me to disclose all but He has really taught me financial discpline.I was really a spendthrift.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Lawalemi(m): 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2013
The day I informed my wife that I got extra cash and I needed it to complete my building project, she reminded me that we need a washing machine. So, I don't disclose everything
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Shine1177: 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
My wife have the knowledge of my pay, its good for openness and love to thrive.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by blackpanther25(m): 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
why not? she ain't a gold-digger and she is also working. marriage should have no boundaries
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Lawalemi(m): 5:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
The day I informed my wife that I got extra cash and I needed it to complete my building project, she reminded me that we need a washing machine. So, I don't tell her everything
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by teskyg: 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
I told my GF that my total pay park for the year is 6 million while I earn close to 8 million per annum.I don't think its wise to tell them everything.This will help you save the money you did not discose.My view.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by tunaprex: 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
Your wife will readily reveal everything to you if you're very loaded financially way beyond whatever she earns.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by chessguru1(m): 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
My first impulse was 2 shout a resounding HELL NO!!
But then again am light years away from being married, so am not too qualified 2 give such a comment.
So I use my elder sis as a pointer, and YES she knows my brother inlaws pay slip. And the weird thing (now that I think about it) is that its so natural that she does. I mean why wouldn't she know (especially whn they have shared much bigger secrets btw themselves).
Finally, IMHO I guess the issue of telling or not telling depends on the kind of wife u have in your house.
Some women can have such bad habits and characters (possessiveness, gossip, shoping-addiction,etc) that withholding the true value of his pay slip might be for the best.
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by chessguru1(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
teskyg: I told my GF that my total pay park for the year is 6 million while I earn close to 8 million per annum.I don't think its wise to tell them everything.This will help you save the money you did not discose.My view.
For your mind ooo
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by Heliesha: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
I know a guy whose wife gets his salary alert,the mistake came from the guys bank and he has been trying to rectify it with no avail...if not for the fact that he works in the same bank i know he would have sued that bank for breach of privacy and breach of confidential information...what will u do if u were in his shoes?[/quote][/color][quote author=AVECDEO]
cant imagine such a trouble if it were up to me i would steal her phone together wif d sim pack.wat kind of gbese is that
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by baby124: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
uhhhmmm
Re: Does Your Spouse Know Your Total Salary Package! by chessguru1(m): 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
jhydebaba: Sorry, I am a business man cheesy salaries are meant for the poor grin
oya! salary earners, Attack me cheesy
Ehh attack? seriously dude, nobody get ur time for here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Family Portrait Which Has Gone Viral / My Experience With A 17yr Old Girl And Her Mother. Where Do We Go From Here? / I Am Searching For A Wife Please Help A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.