Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,311 members, 7,954,248 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' (13694 Views)

FACT OF THE DAY (The Man That Moved a Mountain) / Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by leonshom(m): 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2013
So wat? 1st 2 comment and u couldn't issue out any valuable comment ! Mcheew !
koonbey: 1st to comment

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by anonimi: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2013

People dey hia dey celebrate persin wey take 22 years take do road inside mountain, awa oyoyo compatriot dey jump up and down for sake of sey im be 1st to comment for NL.

Is there a definition for low life
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by anonimi: 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
Denn:

[size=13pt]silence sometimes is golden and covers many flaws. [/size]

And the guy name na Tellwisdom.
I can imagine the mind boggling swagger with which he typed his reply.
SMH

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Walexz02(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2013
Wao! What a touching piece!
I hope Jonah will produce stable electricity in 9ja before he finish his tenuer...
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by greaterlove(m): 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2013
What great determination, what a great selfless service, he lost his wife because of that barrier but instead of giving up he decided that others will not suffer the same fate. These are the kind of men the world needs, men who do not believe in the word impossible.

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
Great man! He will be remembered....

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by TableLeg(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
GTFOH!!!! #Lies
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by onatisi(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
undecided
and what was ur comment?
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by matrixme(m): 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
The man has a Wikipedia page to his name already. I was even surprised the link wasn't from there. A movie has even been launched based on his touching action. Shows that it's not everything in life that's about money.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashrath_Manjhi

3 Likes

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Wetin dynamite go do in few days na him this jobless man spend 22 years on

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by molisk(f): 6:12pm On Jan 11, 2013
Let me tell you another aspect of this story.

In one of the interviews, he accepted the fact that it was a move he made out of desperation. When his wife died, he contacted several governing bodies but 3 decades back his voice was suppressed. He even asked his fellow villagers to join his cause but they thought he was crazy and that it'd be impossible to slit the mountain apart. Finding no one around, he took up the task himself.

Kslib:
You might think he died for nothing,but GOD will be very proud of him cos he is really a great man,a man of sacrifice,a man of determination,a very rare man...
Mr man,what do you know about life?? Do you think life is all about enjoyment,do you think everybody is as selfish as you.. Do you think everybody is afraid to die....
I wont even bother to explain the significance of this man to you,"cos you dont give what is holy to dogs".....
Next time when you look in the mirror "just remember that you can never ever be great like this man,never ever... He left his mark on earth,what have you left?? Nothing....

2 Likes

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by anonimi: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Wetin dynamite go do in few days na him this jobless man spend 22 years on

You too sharp I swear.
Did you read the part where the government gave him and the villagers all the dynamite needed and he said no need, I will rather do it with my hands

3 Likes

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Jyde89: 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
What an inspiring story, despite the fact that the task looked imposible; he never let it deter him from accomplishing it.
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by ichommy(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
ositadima1: Great man, luv is a strong emotion
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Yujin(m): 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
Dashrath Manjhi!
As long as I live, I will always make reference of this man when it comes to selflessness and sheer determination.
A great man indeed.

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by dabrake(m): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
Denn:

[size=13pt]silence sometimes is golden and covers many flaws. [/size]

that guy is a clown
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
molisk:

Almost five decade ago, a landless farmer Dashrath Manjhi from Gahlor Ghati, of Gaya (a district of Bihar) resolved to end the difficulties of his villagers by shouldering a near impossible task of slitting a 300-feet-high hill apart to create a one-km passage.
His village would nestle in the lap of rocky hills for which villagers would often face gigantic troubles for crossing small distance between Atri and Wazirganj, the outskirts of Gaya town. He started hammering the hill in early 1959 in the memory of his wife, who could not be taken to the nearest health care center on time for the immediate treatment as the nearest road that connected them to the city was 50km long.

He knew his voice will not create any reaction in the deaf ear of the government; therefore, Dashrath chose to accomplish this Herculean task alone. He sold his goats to purchase chisel, rope and a hammer. People would call him mad and eccentric spirited with no idea of his plans. Unfazed by his critics’ discouraging remarks, Dashrath hammered consistently for 22 long years to shorten the distance from 50km to 10km between Atri and Wazirganj. The day came when he stepped through a flat passage — about one-km long and 16-feet wide — to his dream, ‘the other side of the hill’.

Source: http://www.successstories.co.in/dashrath-manjhi-the-man-who-moved-a-mountain/

This is the height of determination. That means one day, i will be world's richest man.

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by thirdeye(m): 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
This man spent 22years doing what an explosive will achieve in seconds no wonder the bible says wisdom is the principal thing. Hardwork is great wisdom is wonderful, father grant me ur wisdom. With wisdom throughly I will move mountain.
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by clemmonce(m): 12:04am On Jan 12, 2013
without sayin anything reasonable
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 12, 2013
This is a combination of determination, resilience and focus that earned him success.
@Op, you would have uploaded the picture of the mountain for us to see
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Blueray: 12:32am On Jan 12, 2013
Kslib:
You might think he died for nothing,but GOD will be very proud of him cos he is really a great man,a man of sacrifice,a man of determination,a very rare man...
Mr man,what do you know about life?? Do you think life is all about enjoyment,do you think everybody is as selfish as you.. Do you think everybody is afraid to die....
I wont even bother to explain the significance of this man to you,"cos you dont give what is holy to dogs".....
Next time when you look in the mirror "just remember that you can never ever be great like this man,never ever... He left his mark on earth,what have you left?? Nothing....

Thank you Kslib. For the 'smart' ones writing that they could use dynamite to do the same task in few minutes, please read the article again. It began with almost 5 daecades ago (5 x 10 years = 50 years ago)when your dynamite was not a household name that your brothers Niger Delta Militants and Boko Haram Terrorists has made it. When you appreciate the tenacity in others your spirit man is challenged to spur you to greater things. Let us see wisdom in your comments please.
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by onatisi(m): 4:34am On Jan 12, 2013
anonimi:

You too sharp I swear.
Did you read the part where the government gave him and the villagers all the dynamite needed and he said no need, I will rather do it with my hands
i feel you ,little little fact like this are generally overlooked
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by yokiti: 8:34am On Jan 12, 2013
This is awesome and inspiring!
To they that believe; even Mount Everest can not stop their determination to make a positive impact and difference.
RIP sir!!!
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by TDIsaac(m): 8:46am On Jan 12, 2013
The morale of d story is very clear and noteworthy : determination & hardwork lead to success. However why will one do a job for 22 years which can be done in a little time? Why couldn't he just blow d mountain up? Are there no dynamites?

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by onatisi(m): 11:52am On Jan 12, 2013
TD Isaac: The morale of d story is very clear and noteworthy : determination & hardwork lead to success. However why will one do a job for 22 years which can be done in a little time? Why couldn't he just blow d mountain up? Are there no dynamites?
i wonder oo.
the point is he just wanted to defeat something that robbed him of his wife
it is like saying someone treking to maiduguri when he has a car nd was even offered lifts on the way
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Prodigee: 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2013
matrixme: The man has a Wikipedia page to his name already. I was even surprised the link wasn't from there. A movie has even been launched based on his touching action. Shows that it's not everything in life that's about money.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dashrath_Manjhi
Watched the short documentary...twuz inspiring and touching indeed.

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by meamanda(f): 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
I salute his spirit...Looks like he really did move a mountain. I wish his wife was alive to hold his hand and walk the road. Great man cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by meamanda(f): 3:10pm On Jan 12, 2013
Very well said Isaac, "determination & hardwork lead to success"
TD Isaac: The morale of d story is very clear and noteworthy : determination & hardwork lead to success. However why will one do a job for 22 years which can be done in a little time? Why couldn't he just blow d mountain up? Are there no dynamites?
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by meamanda(f): 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2013
Right!
I'm too touched by this story....Ironically, the man died of cancer and the government could not keep their promises till date cry

Yujin: Dashrath Manjhi!
As long as I live, I will always make reference of this man when it comes to selflessness and sheer determination.
A great man indeed.
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by meamanda(f): 3:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
Where did you read that the government offered him dynamite and he said no need?
The government approached him only after he finished the task.

anonimi:

You too sharp I swear.
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by onatisi(m): 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2013
meamanda: Where did you read that the government offered him dynamite and he said no need?
The government approached him only after he finished the task.

why didnt he approach the govt for help and dynamites during those 22yrs or even appealed to ppl to help him with his project or goal?
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by molisk(f): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Well, you have no idea about his locality. It is near my husband's native place and the village hides between two giant hills. Back then, there was no effective governing bodies due to naxalism and local conflicts. His all fellow villagers worked as bound labors. They would cultivate the lands of the elite farmers and in return they were given grains just to survive. You might be thinking that I'm portraying a medieval India..but the fact there still such villages exist sad

onatisi:
why didnt he approach the govt for help and dynamites during those 22yrs or even appealed to ppl to help him with his project or goal?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afghanistan Girl With Bright Green Eyes / Mtn Cheat Codes For Airtime & Data 2023 [june Updated] / Do You Need A Web & App Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.