Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,038 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' (13549 Views)

FACT OF THE DAY (The Man That Moved a Mountain) / Man Who Spent 20-Years Living In A Mountain Cave (photos) / 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by anonimi: 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2013
meamanda: Where did you read that the government offered him dynamite and he said no need?
The government approached him only after he finished the task.

That was sarcasm, my dear. I see a lot of folks did not see the sarcasm in my response as well.
He asked for help from all quarters -govt, fellow villagers etc, nothing. Hence he decided to do it alone. Also he had no money to buy dynamite being a poor villager.

2 Likes

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by molisk(f): 10:02pm On Jan 12, 2013
Oh, sorry sad

I really could not see the sarcasm. Thanks for replying cheesy

anonimi:

That was sarcasm, my dear. I see a lot of folks did not see the sarcasm in my response as well.
He asked for help from all quarters -govt, fellow villagers etc, nothing. Hence he decided to do it alone. Also he had no money to buy dynamite being a poor villager.
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Dygeasy(m): 11:02am On Jan 13, 2013
ositadima1:

You can't even read, besides he left a passageway behind, what will you be known for?
lmao.. You talked.... Okay
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Dygeasy(m): 11:04am On Jan 13, 2013
XFive: At least he will be remembered for something positive, what will you be remembered for?
somebody already said something similar...
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Dygeasy(m): 11:12am On Jan 13, 2013
Kslib:
You might think he died for nothing,but GOD will be very proud of him cos he is really a great man,a man of sacrifice,a man of determination,a very rare man...
Mr man,what do you know about life?? Do you think life is all about enjoyment,do you think everybody is as selfish as you.. Do you think everybody is afraid to die....
I wont even bother to explain the significance of this man to you,"cos you dont give what is holy to dogs".....
Next time when you look in the mirror "just remember that you can never ever be great like this man,never ever... He left his mark on earth,what have you left?? Nothing....
Ma'am no point taking things personal here.. I aint gon go all abou defending my post. I don't think I exactly said he did a bad thing. I admire his courage and determination right, that was included in my post. That's my normal comment and I added the but so wahs the biGGie? Its not a must I say I love the man and I want to be like him is it? And I'm not expected to say thank you to wah he did am I? Calm down pls, add your comments and pass by.

The bolded actually got me laughing buh I aint gon make any comment on that. You're going way outta line on this don't you think?
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Kslib(m): 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
Dygeasy: Ma'am no point taking things personal here.. I aint gon go all abou defending my post. I don't think I exactly said he did a bad thing. I admire his courage and determination right, that was included in my post. That's my normal comment and I added the but so wahs the biGGie? Its not a must I say I love the man and I want to be like him is it? And I'm not expected to say thank you to wah he did am I? Calm down pls, add your comments and pass by.

The bolded actually got me laughing buh I aint gon make any comment on that. You're going way outta line on this don't you think?
Go back and read your post again.. You called him a psycho,you also called him a silly landless farmer... I am not attacking you but i'm just trying to let you know that he is greater than you'll ever be...
Well,if you say you're rich,to me it's nothing cos afterall,money,cars and everything that makes one rich is still gotten from earth.. But to be great,you have to be born great.. It can never be bought and can never be borrowed.. Greatness you see,is greater than riches.. And it only takes great people to appreciate greatness... CIAO!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by Dygeasy(m): 1:43pm On Jan 13, 2013
Kslib:
Go back and read your post again.. You called him a psycho,you also called him a silly landless farmer... I am not attacking you but i'm just trying to let you know that he is greater than you'll ever be...
Well,if you say you're rich,to me it's nothing cos afterall,money,cars and everything that makes one rich is still gotten from earth.. But to be great,you have to be born great.. It can never be bought and can never be borrowed.. Greatness you see,is greater than riches.. And it only takes great people to appreciate greatness... CIAO!!!!!
@bolded I gave no indication as to whether I am or not.

I am responsible for whatever I put down here and considering the fact that I actually said I admire the man's determination, that's an appreciation in itself.

Like I said before, any negative post to which you're reading any meaning to is merely a but. Embarking on such mission by the man would be tagged silly by any normal human being except one who can see into the future. I haven't said anything out of the ordinary.

I still think your ish with me being great or becoming great is still something I can't quite place. CIAO!!!

1 Like

Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by molisk(f): 9:06am On Jan 14, 2013
There is no need to fight smiley

The way you all have appreciated him is something worth reading. I thank you all for sparing time and reading about the great man....Stay Blessed cheesy

Dygeasy: @bolded I gave no indication as to whether I am or not.

I am responsible for whatever I put down here and considering the fact that I actually said I admire the man's determination, that's an appreciation in itself.

Like I said before, any negative post to which you're reading any meaning to is merely a but. Embarking on such mission by the man would be tagged silly by any normal human being except one who can see into the future. I haven't said anything out of the ordinary.

I still think your ish with me being great or becoming great is still something I can't quite place. CIAO!!!
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by alexwrld(m): 11:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
Awesome story..amazing man cheesy
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by meamanda(f): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2013
The Story of Courage and Determination
He'll be remembered by the world for the centuries to come cheesy
Re: Dashrath Manjhi 'The Man Who Moved A Mountain' by meamanda(f): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2013
Where do you blog?
I like your writing style grin

anonimi:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"If It Is A Crime To Save Lives, Then We Are Guilty!" - Seun Osewa / 5 Ways To Achieve Instant Fame On Nairaland / Afghanistan Girl With Bright Green Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.