Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria (33138 Views)

Stop Buying Petrol Convert Your Generator To Propane Generator. / I Need A Diesel Generator To Buy / I Need Advise On How To Invest 10 Million Naira In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by tttn726: 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
Nairalandans!

I want to buy a generator for family in Nigeria ASAP

I need advise (type, where to buy, prices)

The house is a bungalow of 4 rooms. The generator should be able to carry appliances like the friidge, freezer etc

I prefer a silent cabin one, mobile would be good.

Many thanks pals
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 5:15am On Jan 11, 2013
ME TWO AND THE COST
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 11, 2013
I bought this fairly used and had Į̸̸̨ƭ sent τ̲̅ȍ me from ‎u.S cos I wanted τ̲̅ȍ use Į̸̸̨ƭ for coldroom biz but changed my mind.so I want τ̲̅ȍ sell Į̸̸̨ƭ. Į̸̸̨ƭs a Tecumseh Generac 10 hp generator that can carry a fridge and freezer with other house hold appliances.and Į̸̸̨ƭ goes for just 85k.08025272535

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by tttn726: 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
nony30:
I bought this fairly used and had Į̸̸̨ƭ sent τ̲̅ȍ me from ‎u.S cos I wanted τ̲̅ȍ use Į̸̸̨ƭ for coldroom biz but changed my mind.so I want τ̲̅ȍ sell Į̸̸̨ƭ. Į̸̸̨ƭs a Tecumseh Generac 10 hp generator that can carry a fridge and freezer with other house hold appliances.and Į̸̸̨ƭ goes for just 85k.08025272535

Thanks nony30 for your offer. I checked the generator out here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eAYFmpjncY

I am biased towards a generator with less noise and a key or button start. I want to avoid the cold start (pull)

Any suggestions, advises etc on what people are using (especially at home and price?)

2 Likes

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by pdozie: 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
Why not setup a solar aray for them? With the generator they will surely have light with it but in days to come, they will spend money fuelling it and moreso, the gen must be maintained. Once you start having technicians touch it, you start planning to replace it.

But with natural energy (Solar) all you need is SUN.
Checkout this thread for more details - https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/28
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by tttn726: 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
pdozie: Why not setup a solar aray for them? With the generator they will surely have light with it but in days to come, they will spend money fuelling it and moreso, the gen must be maintained. Once you start having technicians touch it, you start planning to replace it.

But with natural energy (Solar) all you need is SUN.
Checkout this thread for more details - https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/28

Pdozie, thanks for this. This is definitely the way to go ASAP especially in our part of the world.

I would have given it urgent and immediate thought if we had reputable companies/individuals who could action this at home in the shortest possible time!

I read the thread you put in your write up and it wasn't reassuring as all sorts of issues were raised, spare parts, chargers, waiting times etc.

Someone better start a business supplying this service!

In the main, I am still intently searching for a gen to be acquired ASAP for folks in Naija.

Enough power to carry freezer, fridge etc. Silent, key and or button start. Need to know costs etc

1 Like

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by kingviny: 5:29pm On Jan 11, 2013
5 REASONS WHY YOU MUST OWN AN INVERTER (FUELESS & NOISELESS POWER GEN.)

• With the high cost of PHCN bill, an Inverter will help you to store energy for later use so that you can maximize your PHCN power expenditure.

• With the stress in Nigeria, you can not afford not to sleep well at night with light and fan. If PHCN power is not in supply, you can switch to inverter. Don’t join those who risk using noisy and smoky power generator overnight. They are hazardous, disturbing and very dangerous! Inverter is noiseless, fueless, smokeless and not dangerous.

• The savings made in terms of fuel and maintenance when you compare inverter use to that of power generator is very huge! With the ever sky rocketing cost of fuel and maintenance stress, you can imagine how much you will be saving.

• The money you spend in fuelling your gen. on a daily basis for 1 year is enough to buy our complete inverter solution (inverter + battery) of which the battery can last you for up to 5 years!

• By using inverter at home/office, you will be helping to reduce the gas toxins being generated by power generator users in Nigeria. Many epidemic air borne diseases can then be minimized.

OWNING AN INVERTER IN NIGERIA IS THE WISEST THING TO DO. YOU DESERVE
THE BEST, GO FOR IT NOW!

WE CAN SUPPLY YOU OUR 2.0 KVA INVERTER + BATTERY CHARGER AT A GIVE AWAY PRICE SPLASH OF N34,950 ONLY. WE WILL ADVISE YOU ON THE BEST TYPE OF BATTERY TO BUY. TO SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY, WE HAVE RE-ENGINEERED THIS 2.0 KVA INVERTER MODEL TO RUN ON ONLY 1 BATTERY ( 200 AH MODEL, DEEP CYCLE )

OTHER RATINGS ARE AVAILABLE.

HURRY AND ORDER NOW! WE HAVE LIMITED STOCK.
HOTLINES:- 07081516945 , 07025402410
POWERED BY:- MOMENTUM VINAY TECHNOLOGIES, LAGOS – NIGERIA.
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by yemisolar(m): 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2013
Op, i am honestly surprised that people are still putting their hard earned money in buying generators. The last time i bought a generator was 2006, a binatone 2.5kva and since i started using an inverter i knew that was the very last one i would buy. Six months later upgraded it to solar after my being trained on how to do so. The rest they say is history. The last time i 'warmed' up my gen was two years ago.

You can go for at least an inverter system and if you are satisfied upgrade it to solar. Yes there are issues and concerns about solar and inverter, but there are isues with generators too, only be sure to get the best hands.

A 48v system will the load you listed. This comes to 4 batteries of about 50,000 each. Then get an inverter of 3.5kva which is betweeen 80k and 120k depending on brand. Compare that to cost of buying a generator and fueling it for a year.

Though i am an installer, i tried to lay it bare so that you can consider your options before putting your money in purchasing one.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by tttn726: 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2013
Sigh,Thanks guys for your entries!

In a perfect world, solar, inverters...is the way to go.

But imagine, a person whose mind is so into "generator".!

This is all new so I'm making "baby steps" and have a huge hangover of needing "re-assurance" i.e. real life testimonials, examples, pictures, a reputable network I can hook folks at home to so solar and or inverter can be installed.

We will obviously have to talk money (but that's the least problem), confidence (re-assurance - more explanation of the system and process) and logistics weigh heavy on my mind!

Can any of you guys help? I've been watching youtube videos anyhow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogD0WMai3N0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by ikaleguy(m): 8:16am On Jan 13, 2013
@Poster.What type of Generator do you need?Diesel,Petrol
LPG or natural gas?
We import generators of various sizes(soundproof inclusive)
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by yemisolar(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2013
tttn726: Sigh,Thanks guys for your entries!

In a perfect world, solar, inverters...is the way to go.

But imagine, a person whose mind is so into "generator".!

This is all new so I'm making "baby steps" and have a huge hangover of needing "re-assurance" i.e. real life testimonials, examples, pictures, a reputable network I can hook folks at home to so solar and or inverter can be installed.

We will obviously have to talk money (but that's the least problem), confidence (re-assurance - more explanation of the system and process) and logistics weigh heavy on my mind!

Can any of you guys help? I've been watching youtube videos anyhow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogD0WMai3N0

if it is assuraces you want then send me a mail at pettral@yahoo.com or call 08052141582. We have done solar streetlights in akwa ibom, ondo, ekiti and an ocean bay estate opposite chevron toll gate in lekki, lagos.

We also have numerous inverter installations within and outside lagos. We are currently handling a solar borehole water project in agbowa (ikorodu) lagos.

Though i lost most of my pictures when my laptop was stolen november last year, i still have a few on back up HD i can send to you.

In the alternatine you can link me with any of your guys here and we can talk.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 14, 2014
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by Bamidele85: 5:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
with everyone who commented is that no body answered the question.
Solar panels are very expensive and also, for inverters if there is no light, how do you charge the inverters?
at least you need steady power from either nepa or generator to charge the inverter. Inverter does generate power, it only conerves!!!
so to the question again , what is the best generator brand in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by ajetunde: 9:31pm On May 19, 2015
Bamidele85:
with everyone who commented is that no body answered the question.
Solar panels are very expensive and also, for inverters if there is no light, how do you charge the inverters?
at least you need steady power from either nepa or generator to charge the inverter. Inverter does generate power, it only conerves!!!
so to the question again , what is the best generator brand in Nigeria.

You just said my mind. We need an answer to this now than ever.

Guys, please give us a review of your generator experience.

1 Like

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by saraki2019(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2017
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by thebizkid: 1:53am On Feb 12, 2018
Hello. Since you're an installer would you be able to give me an idea or quotes for 2.5kva/24V inverter, 4 200AH gel deep cycle batteries, cost for cables, accessories and installation. Your prompt response is highly anticipated. Thank you.

yemisolar:
Op, i am honestly surprised that people are still putting their hard earned money in buying generators. The last time i bought a generator was 2006, a binatone 2.5kva and since i started using an inverter i knew that was the very last one i would buy. Six months later upgraded it to solar after my being trained on how to do so. The rest they say is history. The last time i 'warmed' up my gen was two years ago.

You can go for at least an inverter system and if you are satisfied upgrade it to solar. Yes there are issues and concerns about solar and inverter, but there are isues with generators too, only be sure to get the best hands.

A 48v system will the load you listed. This comes to 4 batteries of about 50,000 each. Then get an inverter of 3.5kva which is betweeen 80k and 120k depending on brand. Compare that to cost of buying a generator and fueling it for a year.

Though i am an installer, i tried to lay it bare so that you can consider your options before putting your money in purchasing one.

Best of luck
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by generator404(f): 8:11am On Jan 17, 2019
Use 4000w to 5000w might be enough. There are many supplier of gasoline generator all around the world. If you want cheap price, buying online might be a good idea. Small portable gas generator is good and convenient for home use.
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
;'.,
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by BIZZWEALTH: 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2020
Buy now and pay later! You can get your inverter set up and spread payment up to 12 months

Fore more information call us on 07037451701

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by BIZZWEALTH: 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
Description
Mercury 2.4KVA Inverter
The critically acclaimed Mercury 2.4KVA Modified Sine Wave Inverter with inbuilt charger provides automatic changeover from NEPA, giving you undisrupted power supply. Sleek, compact, and lightweight, with overload protection, and digital LCD display which elucidates battery and load levels.
Learn more: mercurydirect.com.ng

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by Mosfemi: 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hire talented Nigerian freelancers on https://wecruite.com
Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by BIZZWEALTH: 8:02am On Jan 12, 2021
DON'T LET NEPA STOP THE MUSIC! GET YOUR MERCURY INVERTER AND BATTERIES FOR UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY
Call us on 07037451701

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by BIZZWEALTH: 12:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
There is big savings to be made! It is time to go off grid>>>

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by BIZZWEALTH: 7:49am On Jan 14, 2021
The primary function of an inverter is to convert Direct Current
DC power into standard Alternating Current AC this is because
whereas AC is the power supplied to industry and homes by the
main power grid or public utility the batteries of alternating power
systems store only DC power.
how do inverters work
inverters function by using a unidirectional DC power source
to mimic an alternating current AC power source. electronic
inverters are essentially oscillators that rapidly switch the
polarity of the DC power source, which effectively creates
a square wave.
working principle of inverters and types
an inverter is an electrical circuit capable of turning DC power
into AC power while at the same time regulating this voltage
current and frequency of the signal.

Re: Advise On What Generator To Buy For Family In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2022
people came and advertise their products without offering and answering the problem... This is how useless Seun forum is.

(1) (Reply)

Outsource Online Jobs Here (fiverr,upwork,freelance,pph,truelance,etc) / Godstime Chukwubuikem Samuel Gives Dangote A Portrait In Imo. Photos / #2.5 Million: Will You Invest Here Or Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.