Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nutriend Vs Cerelac - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nutriend Vs Cerelac (65241 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Sprumbaba: 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
bankylan:
My housegirl told me last week that my baby finished a pack of idomie onion chicken at a go....I have not verified this, but she eats indomie too.

Lastly, just give ur baby whatever is best for, and never force her to eat any food because of affordability. God bless you

Na your house girl chop the Indomie.As I old reach, I no fit finish 1 pack of Indomie. You need to conduct a live session.

4 Likes

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by mu2sa2: 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2013
I am talking from experience, rich experience - Go for nutrend. It's made with soya and cheaper. Very wholesome meal anytime. Fullstop
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by samfibby(m): 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ajekpako pikin dey laugh cos he only tastes cerelac in his dream. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by kmuf4: 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
Its good to give kids varieties of food, it should nt be limited to canned food alone, u should give them what u eat aswell as making special meals like boiling carrot, sweet potato , chicken apple wit chicken stock then blend together. My 11 month old loves it and she's been eating since she was 7 months. I saw it on you tube .
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by kandiikane(m): 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2013
I don't know, I was on bweastmilk when I was 10months old. grin
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by boomssey(f): 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
Rich Dad: @all caring mom & nutritionist,
I don't really know how to explain this but I beg you all to try to comprehend my curiosity.
My daughter of 10 months has been feeding on SMA(gold,progress) since birth. Couple of months ago my wife decided to combine both Friso Gold(rice) with SMAprogress because she seems hungrier. But recently shes getting hungrier again to the extent that she normally finishes both within 5 days and she doesn't look content still.... Lol.
So someone recommended Nutriend to my wife, on getting to the s/ mart Nutriend cost #800 while Cerelac Nigeria cost1300 and the imported goes for 2000 . So I decided we go for the imported Cerelac (honey&wheat)because it cost more(meaning its better Abi?) with so many variants . Now my question is: is Cerelac really better than Nutriend? because both are products if the same company or just the imported hype? Also which baby milk is okay to mix the Cerelac with( though we are planning of using SMA progress for now and later switch to Peak 123). I will really appreciate you candid suggestion and recommendations.

Plz, don't mind my blunders.(I'm on mobile). Just a curious dad here....lol
i wuld sugest d cerelac or is it nutriend.i tink its nutriend cos its got diff flavos like,rice,apple,mixd fruits.its ok n u cn also try it wif peak milk(123).they r perfect combinatn.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Lachynos2k2(m): 8:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
is cassava flakes better than g4rri?
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by SisiKill1: 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
At 10 months, many parents start introducing solids (mashed potatoes, mashed rice & Pasta, soft amala/pounded yam with okra etc). . .Milk and Cereal, don't satisfy then as it did when they were 3 months. So maybe that's why she seems hungrier.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by ozodigboo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ok. Una don begin oppress us for Nairaland.

Lactogen, Cerelac, Nutrend - all na wash.

Wetin our Papa & Mama dem drink ?

Me nko ? Wetin i drink ?

1 Like

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by ozodigboo(m): 8:56pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ok. Una don begin oppress us for Nairaland.

Lactogen, Cerelac, Nutrend - all na wash.

Wetin our Papa & Mama dem drink ?

Me nko ? Wetin i drink ?

No be me dey nairaland so ?

Abeg i wan drink Cerelac - shebi e dey good for adults ?
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by toyibabe(f): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
Garri ke, Rich dad abeg no mind am ,i no blame u , i think say nay garri u dey substitute for cerelac in ur place ,lol.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by ugopeter(m): 9:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ma mum owns a supermart and she also advice mothers on d kinda baby food 2 buy. There is this type of Cerelac-stage 4 dat is given 2 babies dat eat much...i tink its SMA-white, try and look 4 it and also if u nid a very good milk 2 feed ur baby with, pls try ISOMIL
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by omoseun(f): 9:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
@ Op i will advice you to go for cerelac, i gave my baby imported cerelac (made in Spain) till she clock 2 year old and it really showed on her. Although i introduced semi-soild/ soild food to her at 10 month (she is also an heavy eater).
You can also try cow & gate, purity, blende and oat meal (they are all good cereal for a baby).
I wish you all the best in making a decision.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by heavensown: 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
@OP Just because all these imported foods are more expensive doesn;t make them better for your baby. Infact here in the UK, paedatricians advise parents to stop giving their babies processed foods that as much as possible, one should try to give them normal home made cooked foods that you eat because they are much healthier than processed tin foods. Those things are made of mostly sugar that's why babies love them (and of course they are easier to feed...if we must be honest grin grin) but they should be your last option. I try as much as possible to give my child normal foods such as semo,soft boiled rice, potatoes, bread soaked in tea, oats, noodles and other things other parents have suggested here but she still prefers cerelac and other cereals. I try everyday and I'm usually happier when she eats more natural foods than cerelac and not the other way round. All these so called ''ajebo'' things are not always the best.

4 Likes

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by molisk(f): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
My son was 9 months old when I first introduced him to Cerelac Wheat...I started giving him regularly since liked it...but the problem started after three months...Cerelac does create constipation! I took him to pediatrician and scolded me to including it in his food..I never tried it ever since :-(

Remember, it's just a supplement and not a substitute for the whole grain home-made food. Above all the baby is just 10 months old. Good luck smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Esiere: 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
Pls which baby formula/milk can I feed my 6months baby that does not contain soy lecithin cos I learnerd that g6pd patient react to soybean
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Issfat: 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
My baby is 5mnths and 3wks stil on breastmilk only, i want achieve 6mnths exclusive breastfeed but i dnt knw d first thing 2 introduce 2 him at 6mnths cos b4 4mnths anytime im eating he wil be watching as if he knows wht im doing bt now i only eat if he's sleeping because he wil want 2 hv a taste of wht im eating and want 2 kick d food away. The 6mnth exclusive is nt dt easy bt it makes him grow vry fast. I dnt knw what 2 introduce first @6mnth CAN FOOD OR SOLID FOOD. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by swtcharissa(f): 11:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
Well down here am also in a delimma of the kind of cereal my baby of 7months should settle with,I have tried a lot of diff cereals,funny enough she enjoys eating uncommon cereals,in that when we go back T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ d market T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ get more of a cereal she seem T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ like,we wud nt get T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ buy, just check d content of d food ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ r buying T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ b sure it contains ur desire,but @op,the cost of ur cerelac is on d high side,mine is 780 or so,uk product,I miss with SMA progress or Aptamil milk,its nt d prize dat matters anyways,its d content,cos most companies sell NAME nt content
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by swtcharissa(f): 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
bankylan: I have a baby who is 14 months old.She feeds on SMA gold and Gerber,..and lately -Purity cereal and I believe from my experience that these cereals are good for baby's growth, mental development, and skin. I don't know much about Cerelac and Nutriend as I had never bought both simply because I don't like the brands. I hope you won't mind if I stay away a bit from ur question!!!
If your baby consumes heavily like my baby, I will suggest you mix SMA gold and Gerber- though they are expensive. Sometimes you can buy Purity which is a bit cheaper, but equally good. SMA costs about 2000 depending on where you are buying from, Gerber is 750, and Purity is 550. The only thing is that she can finish the 750 Gerber is less than 48 hours, and the SMA in 3-4 days, and the Purity in 2 days, so this is not a joke at all. As the breadwinner in the house, sometimes it's going to affect you, but you have no choice other than to give your child the best.
Some friends have told my wife that we should be looking at other cheaper foods, but we are not listening. My baby displays rare intelligence, started walking at 7 months, you will think she lives abroad because of her skin, I no longer have to stand up to pick TV remote, and lately she just wants nothing but her mum's Mac Pro.
I will pray that God continues to bless the guy that asked this question so that he can give the baby the best.

I have tried Amala and Potato, but my baby can't stand the sight of these foods let alone the taste. But she takes rice, and my housegirl told me last week that my baby finished a pack of idomie onion chicken at a go....I have not verified this, but she eats indomie too.

Lastly, just give ur baby whatever is best for, and never force her to eat any food because of affordability. God bless you
ooops,I just started trying out purity on her,for every food my baby seems T̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ b forced,
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by dimcee(f): 11:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
Why dnt U̶̲̥̅̊ gt cow ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ gate cereal ☺я̩̥̊​ purity cereal dey are vry nice ɑ̤̥̈̊πϑ it cost lyk 530 naira . As 4 the milk i think aptamil į̸̸̨§ the best. Dat į̸̸̨§ wat ♏v̶̲̥̅ kids take
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by seunajia: 12:37am On Jan 12, 2013
I am shocked to learn people are not having their babies take breastmilk exclusively, even at 6-7months. Is this some kind of fad? Canned food has nothing on breastmilk. The difference is clear. Talk of overbalanced diet.

Food wey man upstairs has packaged for the poor babies exclusively is now taken from them because? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by tpia5: 12:43am On Jan 12, 2013
Rich Dad: Thanks @tpia. Someone suggested pealed beans(the one for moin-moin) with grinned cray fish. How good us that?

its very good.

the poster after you actually answered your question.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by tpia5: 12:43am On Jan 12, 2013
toyibabe: Garri ke, Rich dad abeg no mind am ,i no blame u , i think say nay garri u dey substitute for cerelac in ur place ,lol.

did someone suggest garri?

maybe they meant soft eba.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Nobody: 2:30am On Jan 12, 2013
One thing is for sure, na me and my pikin go dey drag that cerelac for house. I like dat ting angry
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Samoo01: 3:49am On Jan 12, 2013
free2ryhme: pls help ask the author of this article if she is a runs girl. if yes then y is she not yet married and if not y is she a virgin. abi she nvr get opportunity

You miss road?

3 Likes

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by RichDad1(m): 6:15am On Jan 12, 2013
Thanks Mod for getting this to the front page. I've learnt a lot and I hope others too. Also to all contributors I am very grateful. You guys are the best.

1 Like

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by osikhueme(f): 6:19am On Jan 12, 2013
@Issfat, I did 6 months exclusive breastfeeding. At about 5months 2weeks, I started giving him 1 bottle of NAN everyday 2 allow him start getting used 2 other foods
When he clocked 6month, den I added pap(I made d pap from guinea corn n den add ground crayfish, soya bean, groundnut n palmoil everytime I'm preparing his pap), friso rice cereal. As he got older I added friso wheat, all d differnet kinds of cerelac( made in spain) I could find.
He's 9months now n stil eats dis thing in addition to moi-moi, rice, indomie, solid (anything soft n rich)
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by jpcomrade: 6:29am On Jan 12, 2013
bankylan: I have a baby who is 14 months old.She feeds on SMA gold and Gerber,..and lately -Purity cereal and I believe from my experience that these cereals are good for baby's growth, mental development, and skin. I don't know much about Cerelac and Nutriend as I had never bought both simply because I don't like the brands. I hope you won't mind if I stay away a bit from ur question!!!
If your baby consumes heavily like my baby, I will suggest you mix SMA gold and Gerber- though they are expensive. Sometimes you can buy Purity which is a bit cheaper, but equally good. SMA costs about 2000 depending on where you are buying from, Gerber is 750, and Purity is 550. The only thing is that she can finish the 750 Gerber is less than 48 hours, and the SMA in 3-4 days, and the Purity in 2 days, so this is not a joke at all. As the breadwinner in the house, sometimes it's going to affect you, but you have no choice other than to give your child the best.
Some friends have told my wife that we should be looking at other cheaper foods, but we are not listening. My baby displays rare intelligence, started walking at 7 months, you will think she lives abroad because of her skin, I no longer have to stand up to pick TV remote, and lately she just wants nothing but her mum's Mac Pro.
I will pray that God continues to bless the guy that asked this question so that he can give the baby the best.

I have tried Amala and Potato, but my baby can't stand the sight of these foods let alone the taste. But she takes rice, and my housegirl told me last week that my baby finished a pack of idomie onion chicken at a go....I have not verified this, but she eats indomie too.

see if ur child walks or display rare intelligence at 7 months good but that is not the product of infant formula you are giving him however breast milk is the best for a child of that age

1 Like

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Alxmyr(m): 6:34am On Jan 12, 2013
For babies of her age, Guinea corn with sorghum is better or guinea corn with soya beans or a blend of guinea corn witj millet and soya beans.
Though these could be tedious to make as against just walking into a spermart and pick up baby food.
Give her fish more and as well as blend of fruits.
These are natural meal and the are more nutritious.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by UmmRumy(f): 6:48am On Jan 12, 2013
First of all, wherever u're buying ur cereals from, dem dey shave ur head. I buy my foreign cerelac at 750 to 1100 depending on d stage. Secondly, u don't have 2 add milk 2 cerelac- it already has milk in it. And lastly when it comes 2 children don't stick 2 one thing, variety is d key.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 12, 2013
Cerelac is better. That is what i ate as a baby and it tastes so good.
Re: Nutriend Vs Cerelac by abisquare(f): 9:19am On Jan 12, 2013
Being a workin mum I started with nan1 @ 3mnth den wen she was 6 mnth I introduced cerelac wheat my first meal to her she luvs it along d line wen she clocks 8mnth I find out dat she is nt always ok den I started givin her solid foods she eats anytin atall and luvs it @poster dnt add milk to cerelac its already contains milk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Antelope My Dad Bought For New Year Celebration (Photos) / Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures) / The Antelope We Killed Yesterday In Ijebu-itele, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.