Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,172 members, 7,829,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million (829 Views)

My Husband Fondles Our 19-year-old Daughter’s Breasts – Woman Tells Court / Couple Force Daughter To Drink Her Urine / Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by bjstardom(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
A 70-year-old man and a 15-year old
girl were married in Saudi Arabia after
the girl’s parents reportedly sold her to
the man for $20,000 (N3.1m).
According to CNN, the marriage was
made public after the man filed a
complaint that his wife had been
returned to her parents who are
Yemeni and Saudi, and that he had
been swindled. Authorities believe the
young girl may have gotten into a
physical altercation with her elderly
husband, which prompted her return
home.
The case has prompted members of
the Human Rights Commission as well
as other activist groups to further their
push for setting a minimum age for
betrothal in these countries. They have
proposed that anyone under the age of
18 get legal consent to marry. This has
been met with longstanding resistance
from conservative religious groups.
Source: http://talkofnaija.com/index.php/component/noticeboard/noticeboard/15-year-old-girl-married-off-to-70-year-old-man-by-parents-at-n3m/54986
Re: Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
Eh eh! See trouble wey money cause. 70-15=55.
The girl is lyk a great grandchild to the man.
Re: Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by greatgod2012(f): 2:02am On Jan 11, 2013
Greedy parent!
WTF?
Are they even suppose to be called parents sef?
Infact, i dont know what to say as regards d old man, is that not child abuse? ......... Shamelessness!

1 Like

Re: Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by BB12(f): 9:22am On Jan 11, 2013
^^^ So on point. Some parents would do just anything for the money. This is vile, absurd, despicable, unbelievable, unimaginable...abeg borrow me more English cheesy cheesy
Re: Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2013
BB12: ^^^ So on point. Some parents would do just anything for the money. This is vile, absurd, despicable, unbelievable, unimaginable...abeg borrow me more English cheesy cheesy
i sure will,shameless,abnormal,irresponsible,wicked,perversion,nonsense,evil,stewpid,irritating,naeuseating cheesy
Re: Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by ecolime(m): 9:36pm On Jan 12, 2013
kulyie: i sure will,shameless,abnormal,irresponsible,wicked,perversion,nonsense,evil,stewpid,irritating,naeuseating cheesy
Let me add more. It's repugnant, preposterous, reprehensible, obnoxious, sickening, condemnable and repulsive. grin

1 Like

Re: Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2013
ecolime:
Let me add more. It's repugnant, preposterous, reprehensible, obnoxious, sickening, condemnable and repulsive. grin
cheesy cheesy grammar nor go kill me for nairaland o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by slimchi2k2(m): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2013
70 years old and still stupid
Re: Parent Allow 15yr Old Daughter To Marry 70yr Old Man Because Of N3million by ecolime(m): 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
kulyie: cheesy cheesy grammar nor go kill me for nairaland o cheesy
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Family Is Smartest In Britain / Help!!!! Widow On House Arrest By Inlaws / Two Kenyan Men Agree To Share 'wife'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.