Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship (9828 Views)

NECO SSCE May/june 2015 – Examination Timetable / 2013 NECO SSCE Timetable / Check Your Neco Ssce June/july 2011 Result With Your Gsm Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by naptu2: 10:48am On Jan 11, 2013
mapet: @Sincere 9gerian,

1. I think you are either ignorant on this issue or plain insincere.
2. Tinubu's government was the first to return mission schools to their owners. You obiviously don't live in Lagos and knows little about Lagos for you to posit that not much was heard of the news. Reality is that this is something that has passed its time in Lagos.
3. Tinubu despite being a Muslim returned was fiercly criticized by the Muslim communities and Nigerian Unition of Teachers (NUT) in Lagos back then, depsite the fact that Ansar-ud-deen schools were amongs them.
4. Tinubu's government's model supported the mission schools for about 5years i.e. Children that were already in JSS1 were not to pay school fees till they completed their SS3, teachers in those Mission schools still had their salaries paid by Lagos State government for a period of 3years (I think) during which time they had the choice of transfering their services to such schools or staying with Lagos State government
5. Those schools were also supported with funds

These are the irrefutable facts
1. Other governors that are doing such (Obi and some SW governors) learnt the model from Tinubu's government. Gbenga Daniel(a PDP governor), who most likely was the second tried to do such in Ogun State back then but am not sure how successful he was
2. The higher objective of these initiative is multi-faceted. One is to correct the wrongs of the past i.e. hijacking the schools from their proprietors; (2) The reality is that government cannot solely run the education sector, the earlier government unburdens herself from the heavy laden of managing all the schools (Salaries, maintenance, quality of education etc) the better (3)The level of decadence in terms of morality and discipline is jaw dropping and we need strong institutions to curb it.
3. There is nothing larger or smaller scale in what Obi is doing(this is not to deny him credit. For starters he's not doing anything new, and this initiative is like a moving train, in that once you've decided to give back the schools to their original owners, equity demands that you will not be selective. What statistics tell you that there are more mission schools concentrated in Imo State? Do you know that Schools like Victory College and "The other one in Mushin" were owned by private individuals and Tinubu returned it to them as well, despite the arguement that government had expanded them and acquired more lands?

My tots are these;
1. Looking at things in isolation without looking at the big picture is pretty dangerous.
2. There is nothing ingenous in simply returning schools back to their original owners. At best it's the fairest and logical thing to do.
3. What is outstanding is that states that have done so or are currently doing so are sending signals of their intent to pursue a sustainable and lasting education strategy and plans. That is where I believe Obi's effort is commendable

+1000
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by mapet: 10:52am On Jan 11, 2013
Are both schools in Imo State
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by aryzgreat: 11:05am On Jan 11, 2013
The resident NL bigots will shy away from this thread but quick to invade when kidnapping or drug is the title. Congrats to the little chap and weldone to peter obi thou am not his fan. Anambra my state shall recover in due time. Kweeeeenu!

1 Like

Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by ogbuebo(m): 11:12am On Jan 11, 2013
Kudos to all the governors who honored their own people.last year miss Kanayo Nwigbo from Ebonyi State who finished from Navy secondary school Ojo lagos was the third best in SSCE.Not only that the state did not attend the WAEC award ceremony at Abuja, the state government did nothing else even when proded she's now reading medicine at Ibadan.Such an educationally disadvantaged state?
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:24am On Jan 11, 2013
mapet: Are both schools in Imo State

I believe both schools are in Onicha....Did you even read the article ??
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by tomzman: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
A commendable action by Obi. My sincere congratulations to the girl.
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
mapet: @Sincere 9gerian,

1. I think you are either ignorant on this issue or plain insincere.
2. Tinubu's government was the first to return mission schools to their owners. You obiviously don't live in Lagos and knows little about Lagos for you to posit that not much was heard of the news. Reality is that this is something that has passed its time in Lagos.
3. Tinubu despite being a Muslim returned was fiercly criticized by the Muslim communities and Nigerian Unition of Teachers (NUT) in Lagos back then, depsite the fact that Ansar-ud-deen schools were amongs them.
4. Tinubu's government's model supported the mission schools for about 5years i.e. Children that were already in JSS1 were not to pay school fees till they completed their SS3, teachers in those Mission schools still had their salaries paid by Lagos State government for a period of 3years (I think) during which time they had the choice of transfering their services to such schools or staying with Lagos State government
5. Those schools were also supported with funds

These are the irrefutable facts
1. Other governors that are doing such (Obi and some SW governors) learnt the model from Tinubu's government. Gbenga Daniel(a PDP governor), who most likely was the second tried to do such in Ogun State back then but am not sure how successful he was
2. The higher objective of these initiative is multi-faceted. One is to correct the wrongs of the past i.e. hijacking the schools from their proprietors; (2) The reality is that government cannot solely run the education sector, the earlier government unburdens herself from the heavy laden of managing all the schools (Salaries, maintenance, quality of education etc) the better (3)The level of decadence in terms of morality and discipline is jaw dropping and we need strong institutions to curb it.
3. There is nothing larger or smaller scale in what Obi is doing(this is not to deny him credit. For starters he's not doing anything new, and this initiative is like a moving train, in that once you've decided to give back the schools to their original owners, equity demands that you will not be selective. What statistics tell you that there are more mission schools concentrated in Imo State? Do you know that Schools like Victory College and "The other one in Mushin" were owned by private individuals and Tinubu returned it to them as well, despite the arguement that government had expanded them and acquired more lands?

My tots are these;
1. Looking at things in isolation without looking at the big picture is pretty dangerous.
2. There is nothing ingenous in simply returning schools back to their original owners. At best it's the fairest and logical thing to do.
3. What is outstanding is that states that have done so or are currently doing so are sending signals of their intent to pursue a sustainable and lasting education strategy and plans. That is where I believe Obi's effort is commendable
Now I know it was done earlier in Lagos. But it seems that of Lagos was fewer.
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
passion007: @ sincere 9gerian: No, you're wrong. The mission schools had since been returned to the Churches. College of the Immaculate Conception has been returned to the Catholic church. Holy RosarybCollege likewise.Even New Haven Primary School was given over to St Mulumbas Church. The process began 16 years ago with partial handover of 5 secondary schools and 149 primary schools, and was completed 3 years ago.That being said, I agree the health sector is still sub-par.

Good to see Obi's investment in education already paying off.

Source:http://www.umuchinemerebank.com/news2010-4.html

. The government of Enugu state finally returned with full ownership, management and control of all the 638 primary and 17 secondary schools, which the former East Central State government forcefully took over from the Roman Catholic Church 39 years ago.

The final handover of all the schools by the present administration of Governor Sullivan Chime, at a brief ceremony on Tuesday, September 01, 2009, at the Enugu Catholic Bishop’s court, Igboeze Street, Independence Layout, Enugu, completed the process of returning all the schools to the church, which started 13 years ago with the partial handover of 5 secondary schools and 149 primary schools in the first phase.
Now I know.
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by jahonmatic(m): 1:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why do you want to derail this thread? I implore other commenters to simply IGNORE your post.
seconded
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2013
good for her but i still wonder while all this brilliant people study medicine and after that we no go hear anytin from them again,not even trying to improve medicine and science in nigeria in contrast to their western counterparts take a look at those who have changed history lyk einsten,newton,faraday they were all geeks always hungry for sucess but reverse is the case here in nigeria
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
Great news. Congrats to Miss Anazor!
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by EASTSIDAZ: 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
mapet: Are both schools in Imo State

Of course the English established colleges are all in Onitsha. Maybe you just want to derail the thread.

The question for you is ,does your imo state has unity colleges:

Christ the King College -Onitsha

King's College -Lagos

Hope Waddel College -Calabar

Dennis Memorial Grammer School(DMGS) -Onitsha

Queen of Rosary College -Onitsha

Thump up to Peter Obi
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by chineji(m): 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
Why medicine this same medicine that there is no money in God forbid she should have gone for petroleum and gas or marine engineering

1 Like

Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by Kei144(m): 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I consider the forceful take over of missionary schools as one of the most silly, SHORT-SIGHTED and SENSELESS decisions of govt in the history of Nigeria.

I give kudos to any governor that is courageous enough to return these schools, while still finding a way to continue funding them.

We need beautiful schools but beautiful schools with rotten teachers is equal to ZERO.

After the Biafran war, the British government used the North to erase the gains that Southern Nigerians made from colonialism. Nigeria was disconnected from the British educational system in every way. Nigeria formed all sorts of useless local educational systems: 6-3-3-4, 9-5-8,9-3-4, etc. Go to other countries that were colonized by Britain; they still hold on to the British system.
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by CohenJane: 10:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

But they did so after Peter Obi started it. Basicly,the learned from him.

Olodo. So, Peter Obi was in Gov in 1999 when Lagos was returning Missionary Schools. Anyway, may be you are just an SSS3 kid that has access to the internet. So, let me forgive you my boy. But next time, cross check your fact before you comment, ok? Good night, O ya go and sleep. Mumy is calling you.
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:10am On Jan 12, 2013
CohenJane:

Olodo. So, Peter Obi was in Gov in 1999 when Lagos was returning Missionary Schools. Anyway, may be you are just an SSS3 kid that has access to the internet. So, let me forgive you my boy. But next time, cross check your fact before you comment, ok? Good night, O ya go and sleep. Mumy is calling you.

Look at this monkey! Who are you calling Olodo and a kid...I don't blame you.
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by Scarcebabe: 9:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
A big congrat to her.She deserves it cos its not easy at all.
Re: Best NECO, SSCE Candidate Gets Anambra Scholarship by ajadu: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU, DEAR.............KEEP IT UP

(1) (2) (Reply)

MAPOLY To Be Upgraded To University / ASUU: FG Sets Up Visitation Panels, Whitepaper Committees / Why Is Helium (1s'2) In The P-block?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.