Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery (20871 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / UNIBEN Denounces Prof's HIV/AIDS Cure Claim / Hiv/aids Cure - How The West Deceives Nigeria – Jacob Abdulahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by HarvardGrad: 5:48am On Jan 11, 2013
ghettodreamz: Oga ooooooo..

Nigerians are we moving forward or backward?

Hatred and enviousness will never take us anywhere.

I'm damm sure, that man must have actually discovered the cure to the pandemic disease but who cares? In a country where hatred, enviousness, bitterness and individual researchers are not attuned to making decisions or discoveries on their own,the pace of scientific inventions, medical research discoveries integration and development/improvement of human's health system would be slowed down if not completely defeated.

I cry for NIGERIA cry cry cry cry

with the way you reason me sef follow you cry

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ireneidiva(f): 6:03am On Jan 11, 2013
Laitesmart: What if the remedy to AIDS and Cancer is actually in an individual that has never learnt to read and write?
how does dis concern this thread?
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Hardfact: 6:12am On Jan 11, 2013
No surprise at all. There certainly are elements of truth in the Proff's claim. In Nigerian context, what really do you expect?
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by nairaarea: 6:23am On Jan 11, 2013
na wa oh
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by talktimi(m): 6:28am On Jan 11, 2013
A-ZeD:

Dude please!!!!!

When people realise there are rules and regulations to be followed.

Got threatened by who?

I'm pretty sure that lecturer is a dull headed fellow

IBB is no longer in power how come Dr Abalaka has not gone back to work?

Foolishness will never takes us anywhere. Did prof do any clinical trials? What are the side effects of the drug?
the man isn't interested in research anymore, refused an interview with vanguard newspapers some yrs back that's whr I found out he's into ice block sales now. And I repeat the professor should have revealed his research findings properly and not like a road side pharmacist.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Burger01(m): 6:34am On Jan 11, 2013
Boxed and coarsed. Too bad...but the research is still at infancy stage. Maybe it's true he developed the cure but he must pass through protocols and as such the university would partake in the impending glory. Well, time will tell...but I am sure one day hiv would be defeated...
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by redcliff: 6:45am On Jan 11, 2013
Whobedatte: Now, If the UNIBEN have supported his claims outrightly as some people suggest, wouldn't they have gotten their fingers burnt and embarrassed as an academic institution? Thinks the Prof is 'greedy' here, (1st) for not followiing the protocol & besides making claims of a cure for the dreaded disease .

tsk tsk tsk, the black man!
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by temtem1(m): 6:56am On Jan 11, 2013
talktimi: the man isn't interested in research anymore, refused an interview with vanguard newspapers some yrs back that's whr I found out he's into ice block sales now. And I repeat the professor should have revealed his research findings properly and not like a road side pharmacist.

Which one be road side pharmacist again?
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by smartg(m): 7:01am On Jan 11, 2013
Weda u like it or not, there's cure for HIV/AIDS, and this man had just found one, but nobody believed him
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by zangiff(m): 7:12am On Jan 11, 2013
ffucking monkey
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by free2ryhme: 7:12am On Jan 11, 2013
sometin fishy is going on angry
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by jajad: 7:13am On Jan 11, 2013
smartg :
Weda u like it or not, there's cure for HIV/AIDS, and this man had just found one, but nobody believed him

Weda u like it or not, you reason like a... angry
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ogb5(m): 7:22am On Jan 11, 2013
But we already have a cure for hiv/aids in naija.

It is sold in many public buses across the country.

It cures all ailment, be it malaria, thyphoid, back pain, waist pain, low libido, positive and negative hiv, aids, headache, toothache, brief illness, cancer, syphillis, gono, even dizziness our naija gbogboloshe will cure it.

Rush to the nearest public bus and purchase yours.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ayokenny37(m): 7:28am On Jan 11, 2013
kandiikane: Maybe, just maybe he actually found the cure, heck maybe many found the cure but got threatened. O_o

Fink so too
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 11, 2013
Chino_anyi: some 1 some were just pulled dis prof down i swear, dis guy found d cure may b, but some body up dier does nt want him to chop shocked shocked
what if he is lying or deceiving nigeria.do not be naive.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Excel23: 7:38am On Jan 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Excel23: 7:43am On Jan 11, 2013
talktimi: the man isn't interested in research anymore, refused an interview with vanguard newspapers some yrs back that's whr I found out he's into ice block sales now. And I repeat the professor should have revealed his research findings properly and not like a road side pharmacist.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ziccoit: 7:53am On Jan 11, 2013
If I had not had full awareness of what it takes to make a scientific breakthrough claim, I would have joined the people here to crucify the University Authority. There are finely laid down rules and regulations guiding every steps of way towards such proclamation. Prof was so wrong to have disregarded the norms and let emotion overtook his reasoning powers. Now that he realises this, he is taking steps backward to correction.

What will happen next depends on authenticity of his initial claims. Expect a resubmission via a proper channel very soon if he actually was saying the truth. No one sleeps calm with such a discovery in his memory.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ypzilanti: 7:54am On Jan 11, 2013
The professor should resign his position, open up a herbalist shop, and then feel free to announce cures for all diseases on the planet.

But so long as he is an academic professor, he knows the laid down procedures. Actually he should be sanctioned for his announcement. What? Do we really want professors to be holding press conferences and announcing cures for cancer, HIV, and all forms of ailments like bus stop herbalists?
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Excel23: 7:57am On Jan 11, 2013

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by kingofhiphop101(m): 7:58am On Jan 11, 2013
Excel23:
he was commanded to stay away from hiv/aids research
THE ONLY TIME A CURE FOR HIV AIDS WILL BE ENDORSED BY OUR SO CALLD UNIVERSITIES IS WHEN IT COMES FROM EUROPE.
AS LONG AS "THE CURE" IS THE PRODUCT OF AFRICA OR A BLACK MAN BASED IN AFRICA, OUR PROFFESSORS, AKADEMITIANS AND OTHER BRAINWASHED AFRICANS WILL LABEL "THE CURE" AND ITS PRODUCER AS FAKE, ILLITERATE, HUNGRY MAN, ROADSIDE PHARMACIST, 419, etc
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ypzilanti: 8:00am On Jan 11, 2013
Excel23:
he was commanded to stay away from hiv/aids research

Believe this and you'll believe anything. If you have a discovery, you patent it, then send it to a reputable journal for publication, and to be reviewed by your peers. That is the process by which discoveries are made. Are you aware that there are many so-called cures that never make it to human use because of deadly side effects? These are all the things that are addressed by the peer review and clinical trials. Abeg make we hear word. The prof knows all this...he is just looking for cheap popularity. I hope they sanction him as example to others.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by kingofhiphop101(m): 8:07am On Jan 11, 2013
ypzilanti:

Believe this and you'll believe anything. If you have a discovery, you patent it, then send it to a reputable journal for publication, and to be reviewed by your peers. That is the process by which discoveries are made. Are you aware that there are many so-called cures that never make it to human use because of deadly side effects? These are all the things that are addressed by the peer review and clinical trials. Abeg make we hear word. The prof knows all this...he is just looking for cheap popularity. I hope they sanction him as example to others.
SORRY, ypzilanti BUT ARE YU AWARE THAT MOST OF THE DRUGS THAT MAKE IT TO HUMAN USE, HAVE THEIR DEADLY SIDE EFFECTS TOO?? tongue
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ypzilanti: 8:07am On Jan 11, 2013
kingofhiphop101: THE ONLY TIME A CURE FOR HIV AIDS WILL BE ENDORSED BY OUR SO CALLD UNIVERSITIES IS WHEN IT COMES FROM EUROPE.
AS LONG AS "THE CURE" IS THE PRODUCT OF AFRICA OR A BLACK MAN BASED IN AFRICA, OUR PROFFESSORS, AKADEMITIANS AND OTHER BRAINWASHED AFRICANS WILL LABEL "THE CURE" AND ITS PRODUCER AS FAKE, ILLITERATE, HUNGRY MAN, ROADSIDE PHARMACIST, 419, etc

Make we hear word. Our indigenous professors send works for publishing in major journals of the world all the time. Many are invited to present their studies in symposiums abroad. Many are invited as guest lecturers. The truth is that those that are very good eventually get job offers from abroad. The dollar rules, and you cannot blame foreign institutions for paying good professors what they are worth. For instance, if this professor had passed through the right channels to publish his work and it was looking promising, I assure you that before the end of the year many of the top 10 Universities in the world would have made offers to him. That is the way the system works: if you are shining the big boys want to work with you.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ypzilanti: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2013
kingofhiphop101: SORRY, ypzilanti BUT ARE YU AWARE THAT MOST OF THE DRUGS THAT MAKE IT TO HUMAN USE, HAVE THEIR DEADLY SIDE EFFECTS TOO?? tongue

Yes, I know. But it is at clinical trials that the side effects are listed and doctors learn who NOT to give the drugs. For instance some drugs advise that pregnant women should not take, or children. Some would say do not take if you have certain pre-existing conditions too.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ziccoit: 8:16am On Jan 11, 2013
ypzilanti:

Thank u.

ypzilanti:

Make we hear word. Our indigenous professors send works for publishing in major journals of the world all the time. Many are invited to present their studies in symposiums abroad. Many are invited as guest lecturers. The truth is that those that are very good eventually get job offers from abroad. The dollar rules, and you cannot blame foreign institutions for paying good professors what they are worth. For instance, if this professor had passed through the right channels to publish his work and it was looking promising, I assure you that before the end of the year many of the top 10 Universities in the world would have made offers to him. That is the way the system works: if you are shining the big boys want to work with you.

Thank u again.

At least I'm not alone in aggitating for due process here.

The lesson here is that, you don't feel too high or too know to learn one or two things from people who actually know. @ypzilanti knows what he is saying.
Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Kabikala(m): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2013
talktimi: This reminds me of Dr Abalaka in the 90s who was frustrated by the IBB regime over his alleged cure for HIV/AIDS, dude had to run to Zimbabwe whr he was sponsored by the Zimbabwean govt to work on his cure, IBB just placed a nice threatening call and our nice Dr was deported to Nigeria and his travelling documents seized. Right now I hear he's into ice block business in abuja.
Moral of the story is - the cure for hiv/aids will only come out when the powerful west wants it to come out.
Next time prof should do things in the proper way sha

This is bullsh*it. Abalaka's fake claim to cure for HIV/AIDS was punctured and he melted back into the obscurity from which he came. His fifteen minutes of fame could only take him that far when patients who flocked to his clinic for cure got no such remedy. Your whole Zimbabwe story is pure fiction.

sure way: A lecturer once explained to me "there is cure for HIV but it will create set back for many HIV/AIDS Awareness organisation"
perhab he found the cure..but you shud knw dis is naija.
dr ibeh at this moment of ur life l think you need security agents.

@sure way:
Your lecturer was certainly wrong and you too for believing him.
And to all the conspiracy theorists, no Western power would want to stop any effort to get a cure for HIV/AIDS. The US Government spends more than a billion dollars every year providing treatment for HIV/AIDS in third world countries and other forms of services to those affected. Why must some people always see a catch in every straightforward thing

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by ypzilanti: 8:23am On Jan 11, 2013
Excel23:
what if d university is not ready to get involved in anything concerning hiv/aids research, because they know the position they are meant to always occupy & also are aware of d consequency of disobedience?. I have dis strong conviction that dis african brother was made to eat back his claim forcefully/threatened by all mighty government, controlled and played like PS by oyingbo. I fear o. This "no good thing can ever come out of africa" view has to stop, but i don't see it happening with dis african leaders that take instructions from oyingbo, our RULERS that cannot protect their own, against intimidations. Oyingbo rules africa from their (oyingbo's) seat of power. I pity africa. Modern day colonization and slavery allowed by our RULERS

You really need to stop this victim mentality. Follow the laid down guidelines. When you follow it and you are being victimized, it will be clear to everyone. Knowledge is not an area where the so-called oyibos victimize anyone. Google George Washington Carver. Western systems love scientific knowledge and does not give a rats-@ss where the knowledge comes from. Africa finds it hard to compete due to low investment in research and development, and the absence of a system to promote invention and patents. Even oyibo in Europe and South america find it hard to compete against USA. This is because USA has so many world class universities and research institutions. USA is to science what Europe is to football. If you are really good, they will spot you and recruit you. Every world class researcher wants to work in the USA.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 11, 2013
A-ZeD:
If funny how so many think you can just wake up and produce a drug. No wonder so many fake medicine in Nigeria...

For the uninformed... Medical research usually follows the following procedures when a "new cure" is found.
1) It is first tested on animals.(there is a thread here on Nairaland about blind mice regaining there sight. There researchers have not claimed to have found a cure for blindness)
2)After you test on animals, you report your findings
3)Conduct more research
4)Apply to relevant authorities to perform clinical trials. At this stage, you get human volunteers who are willing to test the new drugs.
Stage 4 is very important because this is where you get to decide the efficacy of the new drug. You check for side effects and other sorts of things like whether the new drug gives total cure or just suppresses the illness.
Clinical trial can take years to finish.

There is no point in releasing a drug that cures aids while giving the patient cancer. The uniben prof did not do clinical trials so how does he know the drug works?

i concur, even if he has found or is on the verge of finding a cure, follow the right procedure and you wont be embarrassed this way. Patent your discovery, publish research articles without stating that u have ''found a cure'' rather that you are researching possible methods to do so even if you are personally sure of your discovery.... U have bleeped your career and integrity dear prof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing / FAKE RAMBO INSECTICIDE!!! Please Be Careful. / The Ultra Modern Hospital Built In Damaturu By Yobe State Government In Damaturu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.