Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct (909 Views)

Code Of Conduct: I Am Ready For Trial – Saraki / Code Of Conduct: FG May Drop Some Charges Against Saraki / Saraki's Trial At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal Continues... (Live Update) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by Yhemit(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2013
I think this year {2013} is going to be far different from last year.In which the NPF will try and give out their best in term of service delivery to the people ......let join hands with them and promote them, and also praise them not to derail them in discharging their duty........God bless NIGERIA. <amen>I think this year {2013} is going to be far different from last year.In which the NPF will try and give out their best in term of service delivery to the people ......let join hands with them and promote them, and also praise them not to derail them in discharging their duty........God bless NIGERIA. <amen>I think this year {2013} is going to be far different from last year.In which the NPF will try and give out their best in term of service delivery to the people ......let join hands with them and promote them, and also praise them not to derail them in discharging their duty........God bless NIGERIA. <amen>
Re: Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by PehaKaso: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2013
Hmmmmm................... Nigeria Police Force? Well we are watching. By d way, 1st 2 comment cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by CROWE: 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
I can tell you right now that the code of conduct will not change anything, people are told everyday what they can do how to go about it and what they cannot do but they still go and do those things, also

"It is easy to buy 10, 20 or 50 vehicles for the Federal Police than to fund the state police".
-Frank Mbah

What this man who is a high ranking police man has just said without knowing it is that they under fund the Nigerian police force and it is easier to keep the sham secret if we don't localize the police force, see, Nigeria is 923,768 km2 and 160 million people strong, it doesn't matter whether you have state police or federal you should still need the same funding to man and adequately equip the entire land if anything state will be cheaper as it is more efficient and should then theoretically reduce capital needed, the problem is that the fault in the system will become clear when you switch to state police so they don't want it. Federal Police would require the utmost discipline and efficiency to pull off and that is something Nigeria does not have and even then it is better to switch to state as it is more effective way to serve the people, it is precisely because Nigeria is so disorganized that we should switch away from it, leaving the IG of police to serve 160 million people it a herculean task one that is beyond Nigeria and no developed nation of massive size does it.
Re: Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by Yhemit(m): 4:01pm On Jan 11, 2013
Crowe@nyc talk,but let av d faith dat naija NPF stil can CHANGE for Good....lukn forward for a beta NPF this yr....
Re: Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by Demdem(m): 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2013
Yhemit: Crowe@nyc talk,but let av d faith dat naija NPF stil can CHANGE for Good....lukn forward for a beta NPF this yr....

With this present structure, Nigerian Police can never change. What is presently being done today that hasnt been done before? and what was the outcome? why should we be expecting another outcome from the same input.
Not until the whole force is dismantled, and reorganize and also introducing state police, am sorry so say but the police remains ineffective and corrupt.
Re: Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by CROWE: 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
There is no stable and prospering country today that became that way by sitting and home and having faith, we must tackle the problem ourselves, if I was in Nigeria and had access to mass media i'd have said some major things, its too just bad.
Re: Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by Yhemit(m): 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2013
Demdem@so u are suggestn state police from ur sentence,i think state police wil serve as a quick gate way,to more problem.In which each state wil look lyk a dictator to others state,and also lead to political disturbance{election period}....did u forget wat happn in Northern part of Nigeria,in d time of abiola/awolowo election campaign period...my guy let forget state police,it is fast instrument to arnacy in a Nation
Re: Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by Yhemit(m): 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
Crowe@r u not a nigeria ?...wat did u think we can do to solve this issue on our insecurity .
Re: Ur View On New Nigeria Police Force, Code Of Conduct by CROWE: 3:39am On Jan 12, 2013
What you don't realize is that Nigeria is at risk of anarchy and chaos only because the system is bad, by denying the people a better police service on the grounds that they may rebel is like saying "we know you are not happy with the union so we will put a leash on you to keep you here". If the terms of the union were favorable nobody would want to revolt or secede. Is it your belief that one day people will spontaneously begin to like Nigeria, the constitution review thing is good but I do hope they actually make any change and like I said Nigeria must change to state police even if it is not run by the state. Armies thousands of people large are split into divisions and army groups that are completely autonomous, this is because those countries know that it will be inefficient to control them in one large group, this is something europeans have been doing for hundreds of years yet here we are, whether the police might become militia or not we must change to state police or we will never properly fight crime in Nigeria.

Nigeria's insecurity is religious in nature, for Nigeria to thrive there needs to be separation of church and state since Nigeria has many religions but this will not happen, Islam is not a tolerant religion, they will always try to take over and remove all other belief systems, this is Nigeria's biggest problem. All the kidnapping and such are standard for a nation where everybody is poor, the the standard of living goes up those things will go away, our only problem is that Muslim states are less concerned with development and more concerned with sharia law and Islamic values, their lack of tolerance will continue the north-south divide indefinitely, we cannot do anything to change that, Muslims have been at war with Christians for hundreds of years, its not going to end in Nigeria and its not going to end today.

"Crowe@r u not a nigeria ?"

I am a Nigerian, its why I am on this forum ^_^.

(1) (Reply)

Epidemic High Cost Of Govering Nigeria - Exposed / Possibility Of A Female President / Yoruba Blast Jonathan Over Marginalisation Of South-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.