Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) (704 Views)

How Can I Display Category List On Mobile Site Wordpress / Programmer Needed To Patch Up Hacked Site (wordpress Powered) / Help! Having Problem Purchasing Wordpress Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by itsabdul(m): 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
Helo webmasters, please I need help in restoring my website http://foodsanddiseases.com
At times the website goes down or does not open certain pages
It shows
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@foodsanddiseases.comand informthem of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
Please help!
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by Gerardcole(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
Might be from your host.
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
I have encounterd this problem before in my own site. I think its caused by Jquerry clashes I wasn't able to solve the problem directly but here is what I did. On the same domain, I installed a freshh wp installation then from the admin end of the new installation go to settingsĀ»general settings then change ur wp site url to the url of your real site. Then visit ur real site and see if everything works fine. Make sure u backup all ur post and make sure ur plugins are kept somewia too. Ie you have the plugins ready to reinstall them. Goodluck
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by itsabdul(m): 4:48am On Jan 12, 2013
9japipper: I have encounterd this problem before in my own site. I think its caused by Jquerry clashes I wasn't able to solve the problem directly but here is what I did. On the same domain, I installed a freshh wp installation then from the admin end of the new installation go to settingsĀ»general settings then change ur wp site url to the url of your real site. Then visit ur real site and see if everything works fine. Make sure u backup all ur post and make sure ur plugins are kept somewia too. Ie you have the plugins ready to reinstall them. Goodluck
Tanx...I wil try it
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by itsabdul(m): 5:29am On Jan 12, 2013
Now the whole website is not opening, I don't have access to my cpanel and dashboard.. Any idea
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by 53cur3m0d3(m): 7:10am On Jan 12, 2013
its abdul: Now the whole website is not opening, I don't have access to my cpanel and dashboard.. Any idea
Bros, Ur site don Xplode be dat o..would luv to help but I don't do WP..Goodluck
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by itsabdul(m): 10:37am On Jan 12, 2013
53cur3m0d3:
Bros, Ur site don Xplode be dat o..would luv to help but I don't do WP..Goodluck
Tanx..if I knew its going to be like this, I would have stayed on blogger
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by william5: 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
If you can't access your cpanel then there is something majorly wrong. I don't think that has anything to do with your wordpress. More of a server configuration issue.
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by PGON(m): 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
its abdul:
Tanx..if I knew its going to be like this, I would have stayed on blogger

Please contact your host...
they will solve the problem.

internal server error can occur as a result of many things.

.htaccess issue / apache miss config etc

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by itsabdul(m): 4:25pm On Jan 12, 2013
will.i.am:
If you can't access your cpanel then there is something majorly wrong. I don't think that has anything to do with your wordpress. More of a server configuration issue.
Presently d site is openin but later on it goes back to d internal server error
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by itsabdul(m): 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2013
PGON:

Please contact your host...
they will solve the problem.

internal server error can occur as a result of many things.

.htaccess issue / apache miss config etc
I have contacted my host http://nijabighost.com but still they havnt respond.
If there's any way I could solve d problem myself I wil highly appreciate
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by Gerardcole(m): 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2013
Have you changed your permalink?

Try rename the .htaccess file on root dir to htaccess.txt then visit your site over and over to test.
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by itsabdul(m): 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2013
Gerardcole: Have you changed your permalink?

Try rename the .htaccess file on root dir to htaccess.txt then visit your site over and over to test.
Tanx for your concern..pls am a newbie, where exactly can I find.
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by Gerardcole(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2013
From cPanel click on "File Manager" select open document root for "Your Domain". Click OK.

I don't mean your WordPress Admin panel. I mean cPanel you get to through your Hosts Website.
Re: Webmasters Help, Having Problem With My Site(wordpress) by itsabdul(m): 7:54pm On Jan 13, 2013
T
Gerardcole: From cPanel click on "File Manager" select open document root for "Your Domain". Click OK.

I don't mean your WordPress Admin panel. I mean cPanel you get to through your Hosts Website.
Tanx..am tryin it right away

(1) (Reply)

Computer1 / Can You Buy A .com.ng Domain? / Awuff Extra!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.