Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau (7502 Views)

I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / CPC & ACN Merger Faces Challenge From Stakeholders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
BARRING unforeseen circumstances, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) may merge to become one in April.

The ANPP candidate in the 2011 presidential election, Mallam Ibrahim Shekerau, dropped this hint during a meeting of the party’s National Rebuilding and Inter-Party Contact Committee with members of the party in the South-West zone, in Ibadan, Oyo State, on Thursday.

Mallam Shekarau, chairman of the committee, who came in company with other members that included Edo State ANPP candidate in the July 14, 2012 governorship election, Chief Solomon Edebiri and the committee’s secretary, Chief George Moghalu, said so far, the top level management of the parties had agreed and resolved that they were ready for the merger.

“It is not a question of whether or not there will be a merger; it is a question of when and how soon. This is where we are now,” he added.

Responding to a question on whether the merger meant the emergence of a new political party, Shekerau said, “that is what merger is all about. There will be no more ANPP, there will be no more CPC, and there will be no more any other political party that accepts to be part of it. We are coming up with a new identity, a new name, a new flag, a new logo, new whatever.”

The former governor of Kano State expressed confidence that “it is going to work, it is going to happen and it is going to be a success, because we have made up our mind to merge. We are talking of the next three, four months.”

Mallam Shekerau also said many other political parties were likely to join the merger arrangement, a development which, he pointed out, would put the mega party in good position to wrest power from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the centre.

Besides, Shekerau told journalists that they were not unaware that the PDP was working to frustrate the merger.

Earlier, in his welcome address, ANPP national vice chairman, South-West, Chief Yemi Sanusi, expressed the support of members of the party in the zone for the proposed merger.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/jan/11/600.html

*Will this new mega-party be able to effectively challenge the PDP nationwide? Time will tell.*

3 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Pizzanatty(m): 1:14am On Jan 12, 2013
Merger is nt d solution 2 our problem...personally i tink it will increase our problems eg
1,Unemployment will continue 2 increase as a result of SLOT sharing among d parties dt merged
2,Power tussle will b high among d politicians dt form d merger and hence dere wont b meetn point and wen dt happens...it will b case of...wen TWO ELEPHANT FIGHT,NAH GRASS GO SUFFER AM.

3,INFRASTRUCTURE DECAY...ALL d project of past leaders will b abandoned and news ones will surely create crisis since d leaders involve ar 4rm different zone,religion and diff political idea

....d list is endless...

Anyway d merger wont work,so cpc,acn,anpp etc...support d government...

GEJ 4 2015...

4 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 12, 2013
The truth is that ALL politicians cannot be trusted. No matter what political party (or platform) a politician belongs to, it's all about their selfish desire to control national resources and appropriate as much as possible for themselves. This merger is only necessitated by the need for a party that will represent a national spread wide enough to counter the PDP and serve as an alternative.

Knowing this, our best play as a people is to continually vote out those who fail to deliver. The PDP needs to know that there's an alternative. Jonathan needs to know that he WILL be voted out in 2015 if he fails to fulfil his electoral promises.

So we'll keep voting out non-performing leaders, not because the opposition parties (and the individuals in them) are any better, but because we need to demonstrate that power ultimately belongs to us.

This merger can't come soon enough.

10 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 12, 2013
If the merger would chase/dislodge PDP expecially in my state(kogi), then i'm in full support....pdp realy sucks. >:

2 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by omenka(m): 7:39am On Jan 12, 2013
Pizzanatty: Merger is nt d solution 2 our problem...personally i tink it will increase our problems eg
1,Unemployment will continue 2 increase as a result of SLOT sharing among d parties dt merged
2,Power tussle will b high among d politicians dt form d merger and hence dere wont b meetn point and wen dt happens...it will b case of...wen TWO ELEPHANT FIGHT,NAH GRASS GO SUFFER AM.

3,INFRASTRUCTURE DECAY...ALL d project of past leaders will b abandoned and news ones will surely create crisis since d leaders involve ar 4rm different zone,religion and diff political idea

....d list is endless...

GEJ 4 2015...
I thought the pharmacist said ONLY ONE TABLET a day..

12 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 12, 2013
The most important thing though, is for the proposed new mega party to have a consistent philosophy. How are they going to differ from the PDP with respect to Foreign Policy, Economic Policy etc. With someone like Pat Utomi as a member, I guess an ideology would be developed.

Anyway, I'm predicting that both the Labour Party and APGA would not join this new coalition. Instead, they will support the PDP candidate for President in 2015, but field candidates in other elective offices.

By 2015, Babangida's wish may come true- there would be only 5 parties left.

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 12, 2013
This is not new, but I think I like a party that has a national outlook and acceptance more than any regional one any day. There is also the possibility of it becoming just like the party they are planning to unseat in the future and the tribal regional parties will always spring up, no matter how good and benevolent the party at the center is. That is why you have parties such as Apga, Cpc, Acn, just to mention a few.
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Ngwakwe: 9:07am On Jan 12, 2013
If this merger will facilitate the nomination of a competent non Yoruba to contest for Lagos State Governor under its platform in the general election against PDP, then I will say a true National Party has been born
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by honeric01(m): 9:34am On Jan 12, 2013
After the merger, i want to see a VERY SOLID MANIFESTO from the new party and also the philosophy they're going to be concentrating on.
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by dridowu: 9:38am On Jan 12, 2013
Time will tell
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by philips70(m): 9:41am On Jan 12, 2013
Ngwakwe: If this merger will facilitate the nomination of a competent non Yoruba to contest for Lagos State Governor under its platform in the general election against PDP, then I will say a true National Party has been born

When a non-Igbo person cannot even own a shop anywhere in Ariaria, Ogbete, Upper Iweka, Nnewi markets In the east? They cannot even survive in Alaba market which is in Lagos state. You want to be a governor in Lagos, come na the seat is vacant.
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 12, 2013
Merging is a good idea but if the merging in any way keeps Tinubu or Buhari as BoT Chairman with capacity to anoint Contestants and nominees or impose candidates on the people it will fail; PDP is not Nigeria's problem, greed is, corruption is, except the merger presents new breed of politicians devoid of the old school then it will just be an old wine in a new bottle.

6 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by RoyalRoy(m): 9:42am On Jan 12, 2013
honeric01: After the merger, i want to see a VERY SOLID MANIFESTO from the new party and also the philosophy they're going to be concentrating on.
Well Spoken
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by thaoriginator: 9:53am On Jan 12, 2013
Yes it should be achieved in no time, it is long overdue. The corrupt and clueless one had to been sent packing together with the kill party.. You know them!

2 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Maxymilliano(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2013
No permanent enemy or friend in politics but permanent interest and greed...

Waiting to see how assemblage of strange bedfellows 'll provide a formidable opposition come 2015.

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by idonchop: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2013
Ngwakwe: If this merger will facilitate the nomination of a competent non Yoruba to contest for Lagos State Governor under its platform in the general election against PDP, then I will say a true National Party has been born

And a non Ibo to govern Enugu or Imo.
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by ziccoit: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2013
Pizzanatty: Merger is nt d solution 2 our problem...personally i tink it will increase our problems eg

....d list is endless...

GEJ 4 2015...

So your solution to Nigeria problem is GEJ 4 2015, abi?
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by deletrue: 9:58am On Jan 12, 2013
Some few people have said it all. Merger is not the answer to our problems. Since we can observe some sincerity in the electoral process, we should pray and encourage jonah to continue in it so that we the voters can vote out the abnormal leaders. Now look at the result of the Edo petition. It is a nice one without any interference from jonah. Those are the things we should embrace and pray for so in no time we shall be there. It glading my heart that Osho finally won. That means edo will continue to enjoy the devidents of democracy. Not all pdp members are wicked but majority, especially the governors are like the real devils. let us plan to appeal to inec, jonah to allow free and fair elections so that those wicked one like udeaghan etc. will not find their way into powers. Thanks
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by thaoriginator: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2013

....d list is endless...

GEJ 4 2015...
see wetin you dey talk And you suppose be the first to comment undecided
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by ebucha: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2013
Am in support of what ever will better the land. Gbam!!!
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 12, 2013
omenka:
I thought the pharmacist said ONLY ONE TABLET a day..

Yes, and i hope u've taken it, cos u are nt yet asleep.
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by OracleHex(m): 10:07am On Jan 12, 2013
Guseh: If the merger would chase/dislodge PDP expecially in my state(kogi), then i'm in full support....pdp realy sucks. >:
PDP days are numbered grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by ebucha: 10:08am On Jan 12, 2013

....d list is endless...

GEJ 4 2015...
Take one more

2 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by victorD3: 10:10am On Jan 12, 2013
Any weapon formed against Jona and PDP shall not prosper!
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by seunfly: 10:11am On Jan 12, 2013
that is an excellent move in as much as it's going to provide us with a viable alternatives opposition party that is acceptable in all part of Nigeria and will push PDP to do their best for the benefit of Nigerians. For me i will sugest 3 political parties that can provoke competition among themselves for the betterment of we citizens.

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by lacasa: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2013
victorD3: Any weapon formed against Jona and PDP shall not prosper!

E don prosper oo

U'll soon be out of a Job grin

Hope that laptop has a 2nd hand value grin

4 Likes

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 12, 2013
In every marriage of strange bed-fellows, ideas usually go west.
Buhari is teaming up with chronic treasury looters to rid Nigeria of corruption. Is it patriotism or desperation that drives his ambition and actions?
I DEY LAFF!
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by ebucha: 10:16am On Jan 12, 2013
lagos again
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by idonchop: 10:19am On Jan 12, 2013
Good,but I hope d whole merger plan wil not be built on d usual 'who gets what' mentality.With very good ideology the sky would be their limit.PDP is the most hated party in Nigeria yet they 'win' elections;this is because they have enough to spend coupled wt their state of the art rigging machine.A Buhari/Utomi candidacy can do d magic for d new party.
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by iykemyke: 10:35am On Jan 12, 2013
philips70:

When a non-Igbo person cannot even own a shop anywhere in Ariaria, Ogbete, Upper Iweka, Nnewi markets In the east? They cannot even survive in Alaba market which is in Lagos state. You want to be a governor in Lagos, come na the seat is vacant.

the competition in those places u called are free for all, but only the fittest can participate there
Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by victorD3: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2013
lacasa:

E don prosper oo

U'll soon be out of a Job grin

Hope that laptop has a 2nd hand value grin

Do I look like an azz licker to you? Trust me my foundation is very strong and very outside the political scene. My finance can only be affected if this country seize to exist. I don't trust any government be it ACN or PDP as said by byllionaire above except its Gods government.

And let me remind you that its not everybody logging into this site is frustrated like yourself. Infact quit number of friends I know here in NL only Login here while waiting for their Millions to be stacked in a bag.

1 Like

Re: ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau by EzePromoe: 10:47am On Jan 12, 2013
I hope they don't turn their frustration into killing Igbos if they lose in 2015 undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi / 6 Reasons Why Sowore Should Be Elected As Next President By Dr Malcolm Fabiyi / Buhari Empowers 15,000 Youths, Fed 300,000 Pupils In Anambra- Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.