Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

"Whoever Wins ,I'll Run Aso Rock From My Farm"-OBASANJO Prt1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Whoever Wins ,I'll Run Aso Rock From My Farm"-OBASANJO Prt1 (693 Views)

Nigeria Vote May Spawn Violence Whoever Wins, Control Risks Says / Atiku's Thoughts On Whoever Wins The APC Presidential Primaries / Babangida Desperate; Says 'i'll Run Without P.d.p' (2) (3) (4)

(1)

"Whoever Wins ,I'll Run Aso Rock From My Farm"-OBASANJO Prt1 by Fomaxcool: 9:27am On Jan 12, 2013
Bombshell From El-Rufai's New Book: "Whoever Wins, I'll Run Aso Rock From My Farm" - Obasanjo
After Olusegun Obasanjo failed to secure a third term in office, he boasted that 2007and 2011 would be a "transition period", as he would run the affairs of the country from his Ota Farm, irrespective of the fact that there would be a sitting president.
This has been revealed in a recently published memoir of an Obasanjo confidant and former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai, entitled "The Accidental Public Servant".
The book recounts that though former president Obasanjo had singlehandedly ensured that the late Umaru Musa Yar'Adua succeeded him in 2007, he nevertheless planned to administer the country from his Ota Farm. He described the 2007-2011period as a transition because all his pointsmen, including the "economic team", would remain in office.
El-Rufai recalls the former president telling him thus: "Well, nothing will change, you know. I will be in Ota, but we will be running things. Everything will remain the same, you know. You will remain in the government, the economic team will remain. Nothing will change. Only I will move to Ota, and Yar'Adua will be here but we will be running things."
When el-Rufai informed Obasanjo that he intended taking at least two years' break from government business, the former president responded: "OK, well I just thought I should call you and explain to you that the next four years is just a transition period. The real change in government will happen in 2011. Not now."
Obasanjo begged Atiku on his knees
El-Rufai also said in his seminal book, which will be launched at 10:30am on February 7, at the Yar'Adua Centre, Abuja, that the former president begged his deputy on "bended knees" for his political survival.

Stay Tune as our New History & Government Books Unfold from the pulpit of those who run The Government.........Nigeria is moving to the permanent site
Re: "Whoever Wins ,I'll Run Aso Rock From My Farm"-OBASANJO Prt1 by confusion247(m): 9:43am On Jan 12, 2013
El-rufai should write another book that will tell us what happened to NITEL when he brought in pentascope to take over. The new book should also explain how he allocated landed properties in abuja to his wives and children. He should also explain to us in that book why his company have failed to deliver on the contract awarded to it to supply PHCN prepaid meters. We are waiting. Nigeria is the only country where corruption gets amnesty like Niger delta militants.
Re: "Whoever Wins ,I'll Run Aso Rock From My Farm"-OBASANJO Prt1 by OAM4J: 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2013

(1)

Obama's Second Inaugural Address / Orji Kalu Is Parading Fake Membership Card — Abia State PDP Chairman / Reps Propose N25 Million Fine And 15-year Jail Term For Yahoo Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.